(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 485 of 490.
#24201 5 years ago

At least we know the guy keeps his shirt tucked in.

#24202 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At least we know the guy keeps his shirt tucked in.

LOL

I'd love to see a Jack Danger stream with him and Jpop in clown suits like Deadpool

I would def pay to see some Magic Girl outfits for when you announce and stream that game.

No way buying the game itself but def a pay per view event!!!

#24203 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Ewwwwww. Good thing it is corporate policy for all deeproot employees and contractors to wear appropriate attire at all times.

Everything is a joke to you, isn't it? If you think you can put that criminal up on stage and shit wont happen, your delusional. I cant wait to see this mess. Should really boost sales!!

#24204 5 years ago

What if he shows up with a haircut and is wearing a business suit.

Wouldn't that blow everybody's minds.

#24205 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:Everything is a joke to you, isn't it? If you think you can put that criminal up on stage and shit wont happen, your delusional. I cant wait to see this mess. Should really boost sales!!

I don't think this clown realizes just how serious this all is. Fuckin' amazing! Bring your rotten vegetables!

#24206 5 years ago

Hopefully it's too awkward for him to even just sit there.

jpop sitting (resized).jpgjpop sitting (resized).jpg
#24207 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Ewwwwww. Good thing it is corporate policy for all deeproot employees and contractors to wear appropriate attire at all times.

Seriously though, is the company logo a pinball going up someones butt? There's no way that's not a pair of red cheeks, grey thighs, the backside of red calves, and a pinball going in through the out door... right? Right?

#24208 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Seriously though, is the company logo a pinball going up someones butt? There's no way that's not a pair of red cheeks, grey thighs, the backside of red calves, and a pinball going in through the out door... right? Right?

Hadn’t noticed that before but..
Could just as easily be coming out, no?

#24209 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Hopefully it's too awkward for him to even just sit there.[quoted image]

I hate to say it, but knowing John, I'll bet he'll sit there thinking he's done absolutely nothing wrong.

#24210 5 years ago

All people who lost $ should be given front row seats.

#24211 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

All people who lost $ should be given front row seats.

Why, they can see him in court all they want.

Front row should be for JPop Fan Club.

#24212 5 years ago

******* WARNING -- LONG POST AHEAD *******

******* WARNING -- DRAFT SCREENPLAY ******

******* WARNING -- DIRECTOR's CUT *********

******* WARNING -- PG13 Mild Language ******

******* WARNING -- STRONG OPINIONS *******

{plot line} [I'm sensing a growing intensity in the level of anger and hostility directed towards JPOP lately, following the news that he would be attending Pinball Expo 2018 as a deeproot employee. I wonder what the impact would be if JPOP were to plan for and take the first thirty minutes of deeproot's seminar to address the issue head on? Would that be appropriate? or helpful? should it be a prerequisite? If ten in a room of 100 people (plus those who watch the archived podcast) healed a little bit from listening, enough to quit feeling the urge to strangle the man - that would be a small win and step in the right direction]

Where - Westin Chicago North Shore Ballroom

When - future (october 19th, 2018)

{director's notes} [JPOP should open up to the audience immediately by focusing remarks on his actions and the implosion of Zidware, rather than rambling about the early years. So many details ... so many scandals... Oh My! So many acid trips... so many shrooms ...

where have I heard that before. It's coming from inside my head.. my brain ... but it makes sense, right? and HE SHOULD TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY for HIS ACTIONS and APOLOGIZE FOR THEM.]

beginning dream sequence ....

<stage notes> [a half-filled whisky bottle is tossed to the carpet. A lone man stands dressed in camo cargo pants, open collar shirt, jacket and a white Indiana jones hat. He wears a thick gold chain with medallion hanging from the neck, it reads 'Popalicious / o.g'. His face reveals three days of growth and the man's voice is gruff. He is wearing sandals and his breath is so bad, you don't know whether to offer him tic-tacs or toilet paper. His glasses are held together in the middle with a bandaid and one lens is cracked. His gold tooth shines, catching the light source when he smiles.]

I am JPOP and I founded a defunct company named Zidware. I presold 3 pinball machines, based on my reputation as the designer of 3 top 20 games and on my extensive background in pinball. I was actually developing 5 pinball machines and some web games when the money ran out and the house of cards fell. I took preorder money and mismanaged it badly.

<director notes> [historical reference - JPOP was founder of the Intentionally forGOTten Preorder ModelS or (IGOT_PMS). This was later shortened to Intentional MAnipulation of PreOrderS Model (IMA_POS). In 2012 the name was shortened again to preorder model. Occasionally it is referred to as the short CON ... if you haven't heard, the preorder model died in 2017.]

(soft laughter) I didn't understand how to run a company and didn't realize I didn't understand. (raises voice) Hell, I still don't know how to build a game. To this day I've never completed a single game. Some designs were so FUBAR they could never work, but that didn't stop me from pretending to be an expert in all requisite fields and giving it a go. I didn't know that I didn't know what I was talking about either. Some have said i didn't know shit. BUILDING PINBALLS IS HARD - who knew?

I marketed, sold and was paid to DESIGN and BUILD 3 GAMES and I LIED ABOUT THE REAL SITUATION and CONTINUED LYING and TAKING MONEY for THREE YEARS AFTER I KNEW THE COMPANY WAS INSOLVENT. THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH MONEY TO BUILD GAMES and PAY MY SALARY, one of these goals would have to go. yet I remained silent. I would like to spend the next ten minutes saying I AM SORRY to each and every person here that I screwed (allow 10 - 30 minutes).

Now that is the entire situation and I am truly sorry. I would like to ASK YOU TO CONSIDER FORGIVING ME THESE DISCRETIONS. I don't deserve your forgiveness, but know I have turned over a new leaf. I will be 100% open and transparent about the past. In fact, I will stay for one hour after this session to answer any and all questions you have about me or Zidware. Anything you want to know, no matter how personal or embarrassing, just ask. I'll be straight with you, it's my new leaf. From now on, I will do everything in my power to ensure your expectations are met or exceeded.

{stage notes} [man reaches down to retrieve retrieve the bottle and twists off the cap. He drinks half the remaining contents and slurs his words a bit. He returns the cap and tosses the bottle towards the audience <front row>]

I have been sued every which way to Sunday and have even sued my own customers, including some of you fine folks. Being honest, that was a new low for me. Sorry Recently I was ruled against in the courts - meaning I owe refunds to those defendants. I will be making those payments until everyone is paid back. For the others, deeproot has offered to credit your payments towards any of their pins. This is entirely their decision and it stems from their desire to try making things right for Zidware victims.

To all the designers, project managers, programmers, vendors and suppliers that were caught in the crossfire and are here today - I was a jerk and was wrong for jerking you off - by not paying when money was available and then slow paying you for services rendered. I know, I know, it's all a real big mess that I made myself. In order to pay the bills, I am now working for deeproot. I am here today as their employee and they've asked me to come and to discuss my new pinball design, since the machine is completed and three are sitting right here, you will be able to play them today and decide for yourself.

ending dream sequence ....

I guess that would help me if he were sincere. As it stands, I have no idea if he is repentant. He gave a written apology a long while back and that one wasn't effective or well received. How does he really feel about the situation? Does he accept the facts and did he learn anything? Without that - I don't want to be in the same room with the man. Until some form of apology is offered to Zidware customers and pinball community that is acceptable, JPOP and deeproot will be swimming against the tide.

#24213 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If he were to stay focused about his actions and the implosion of his company rather than aimlessly rambling. IF HE TOOK FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS AND HE APOLOGIZED PUBLICLY FOR THEM. Maybe he say - Hi I'm JPOP and I was founder of Zidware. I presold 3 pinball machines based on my reputation and my background in pinball. I was developing 5 pinball machines and some web game when the money ran out. I took preorder money and mismanaged it badly. I didn't understand how to build a game and never fully completed the design on any of my games. I was paid to design and build 3 games and I lied about the real situation and continued taking money for years after I knew the company was insolvent.
Now I would like to spend the next five minutes saying I AM SORRY to each and every person that was screwed, in as many ways as I can. (repeat for five minutes). Now that is the situation and I am sorry. I would like to ASK YOU TO CONSIDER FORGIVING ME FOR MY DISCRETIONS.

Ha! That would be great to hear but I don’t see his ego allowing him to travel down that path. In his mind he’s apparently still the victim somehow and the people that supported him with pre-orders are bad people who have mistreated him (hence him actually suing many of them...and doing his whole victim blaming act...deplorable behavior in my view).

I’d love to be proven wrong and see him change but I think we’ve all moved past expecting that.

#24214 5 years ago

I am sensing a lot of anger and hostile feelings towards JPOP lately, it seems to have grown more intense following the news that JPOP would be attending. I wonder what the impact would be if JPOP were to take the first fifteen minutes of dr's seminar to address the issue head on? Would it be appropriate and would it help? Even if it allowed 100 people in the room to heal a little bit and to quit feeling like they wanted to strangle the man.
begin dream sequence ....
If he were to stay focused about his actions and the implosion of his company rather than aimlessly rambling. IF HE TOOK FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS AND HE APOLOGIZED PUBLICLY FOR THEM. Maybe he would say - Hi I'm JPOP and I was founder of Zidware. I presold 3 pinball machines based on my reputation and my background in pinball. I was actually developing 5 pinball machines and some web games when the money ran out. I took preorder money and mismanaged it badly. I didn't understand how to run a company and didn't realize I didn't understand. I also didn't understand how to build a game and never fully completed the design on any of these games. Some were so FUBAR'D they could never work. But once again I didn't know I didn't know what I was talking about. I was paid to design and build 3 games and I LIED ABOUT THE REAL SITUATION AND CONTINUED TAKING MONEY FOR THREE YEARS AFTER I KNEW THE COMPANY WAS INSOLVENT.
Now I would like to spend the next five minutes saying I AM SORRY to each and every person that was screwed, in as many ways as I can. (repeat for five minutes). Now that is the situation and I am sorry. I would like to ASK YOU TO CONSIDER FORGIVING ME FOR MY DISCRETIONS.
I have been sued every which way to Sunday and was recently ruled against by the court - meaning I owe refunds to those litigants. I know I know, it's all a real big mess that I made for myself. In order to pay those bills I now am working for deeproot. I am here today as their employee and they've asked me to come and to discuss my new pinball design.
wake up from dream -
I guess that would help me if it were sincere. As it stands, I have no idea if he is repentant. He gave a written apology a long while back and it wasn't that effective. How does he really feel about the situation? Does he accept the facts and did he learn anything?

LOL

#24215 5 years ago

Even if it allowed 100 people in the room...

Watching those seminars there's usually not a lot of people in the audience and even if some people come especially to see JPop (in bad terms) I hope they can behave and not riot onto the stage.

The situation is seriously... 'special' and I am intrigued to see how Deeproot and JPop himself wants to adress this. (And how Magic Girl turns out to be honest.)

#24216 5 years ago

Ask American Pinball how the jpop taint went at their first expo .

The infuriating thing about jpop is he still sees himself as victim. Literally. Suing his customers is as low as it can get, and there he is. He probably thought it was a great injustice that he was ruled against by his customers at the last trial.

But he was judged in court. And lost.

So, no, I don't expect any mea culpa, combined with the fact that there won't actually be any games shown at Expo. So just hot air. Will make for a toxic seminar, but we all knew that.

#24217 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Will make for a toxic seminar, but we all knew that.

While you're propably right, we'll see...

I definately would'nt use past tense yet.

#24218 5 years ago

Hey, if DeepPockets makes everyone whole who gave him money, I can understand that. Poppadouche is still a piece of shit, but at least we would be going in the right direction.

#24219 5 years ago

Unless he is there handing out games or refunds, I don't know what good can come from him being at Expo. Words aren't exactly going to cut it at this point. The community needs less talk more results.

#24220 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Do you provide the shackles or is it up to the employee to purchase them?

#24221 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I hope they can behave and not riot onto the stage.

I hope they run out of eggs and veggies hours before my seminar.

LTG : )

#24222 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So jpop is showing up at Expo. Seems like a good opportunity to grill him about his decision to sue his customers.

Will the Hotel allow chicken wire fence to be put up ? Like that in Road House. Some fans may want to rush to stage....

Deeproot showing up at expo to hype themselves up but with nothing to show is annoying because it's just smoke and mirrors until customers start receiving games. We had years of jpop doing that, and here it is again. I don't care how "easy" they say this is.

#24223 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hope they run out of eggs and veggies hours before my seminar.
LTG : )

Dress in a full body wetsuit and hood. Everything that hits will magically melt away.

I'm no expert, but I did stay in a holiday inn express last night. I believe you gotta lube up anywhere you need to squeeze into that fatsuit too. Good luck.

#24225 5 years ago

I can see it now.

throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gifthrowing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
#24226 5 years ago

Seems like potential for just about anything happening. Hopefully deep root has done some planning. I suggest a pope mobile like vehicle to keep a safe barrier between him and the attendees.if things get ugly they could simply drive him away.

A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpegA33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpegD826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpegD826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
#24227 5 years ago

He believes it was his right to take our $$, pay himself to doodle around all day, and ultimately never come close to getting anything done

A reminder, he called himself the “hardest working man in pinball” while he was squandering any hope of actually making a pinball machine for years

A reminder, he took AIW $$$ up to the point when he was finally cut off and the jig was up, knowing full well it was over long before

A reminder, he was about to collect deposits for additional MG pins up to a total of 50 when that Expo and the TBL happened that October. At which point it was game over BUT he still pushed AIW into the following yr knowing the Ponzi scheme was finished

Remember the promise of his own “rug reveal”

This guy was so bad it’s hard to imagine anyone left to give him a lifeline

MG as a pin absolutely sucked balls.

#24228 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Seems like potential for just about anything happening.

perhaps he will bring his brothers to do his fighting for him.

hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpghansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
#24229 5 years ago

Despite the posturing here, which is a bit of fun and cathartic, nothing will happen beyond giving John some dirty looks and a couple of pointed questions. And I strongly recommend that everyone attending act like a gentleman and limit themselves to just that.

Has anyone set a betting line on a sick day being used or stock answers to be given?

"There is ongoing litigation and I cannot comment" 10-1
"I'm only here to talk about pinball" 5-1

I'll set the Over/Under at 100 for how many times John will look down at his feet.

#24230 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Seems like potential for just about anything happening. Hopefully deep root has done some planning. I suggest a pope mobile like vehicle to keep a safe barrier between him and the attendees.if things get ugly they could simply drive him away.
[quoted image][quoted image]

While I'm busy shopping my screenplay to a community theatre, your pope mobile reference reminded me of a joke.

The Pope goes to New York. He is picked up at the airport by a limousine. He looks at the beautiful car and says to the driver, ''You know, I hardly ever get to drive. Would you please let me?''
The driver is understandably hesistant and says, ''I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that.''
But the pope persists, ''Please?''
The driver finally lets up. ''Oh, all right, I can't really say no to the pope.''
So the pope takes the wheel, and boy, is he a speed demon! He hits the gas and goes around 100 mph in a 45 zone. A policeman notices and pulls him over. The cop walks up and asks the pope to roll down the window. Startled and surprised, the young officer asks the pope to wait a minute. He goes back to his patrol car and radios the chief.
Cop: ''Chief, I have a problem.''
Chief: ''What sort of problem?''
Cop: ''Well, you see, I pulled over this guy for driving way over the speed limit but it's someone really important.''
Chief: ''Important like the mayor?''
Cop: ''No, no, much more important than that.''
Chief: ''Important like the governor?''
Cop: ''Wayyyyyy more important than that.''
Chief: ''Like the president?''
Cop: ''More.''
Chief: ''Who's more important than the president?''
Cop: ''I don't know, but he's got the pope DRIVING for him!''

#24231 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

which is a bit of fun and cathartic

We have to take our pleasures from this mess where we can get them .

#24232 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'll set the Over/Under at 100 for how many times John will look down at his feet.

I'm taking the under as it occurred to me he will only look down one time. For the entire show.
ha!

#24233 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Despite the posturing here, which is a bit of fun and cathartic, nothing will happen beyond giving John some dirty looks and a couple of pointed questions. And I strongly recommend that everyone attending act like a gentleman and limit themselves to just that.
Has anyone set a betting line on a sick day being used or stock answers to be given?
"There is ongoing litigation and I cannot comment" 10-1
"I'm only here to talk about pinball" 5-1

I think if you're one of the people that was ripped off, the time for being a gentleman is over. Jpop is a sociopath and should be treated that way.

#24234 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I think if you're one of the people that was ripped off, the time for being a gentleman is over. Jpop is a sociopath and should be treated that way.

I am one of the people that he ripped off and you are way out of line.

#24235 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I am one of the people that he ripped off and you are way out of line.

Out of line? Why, because I think treating him like a scumbag is what he deserves? You handle it anyway you want, I just don't agree that going there and actIng like everything is cool is the way to go.

#24236 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I just don't agree that going there and actIng like everything is cool is the way to go.

Where did I say that? I agree he needs to be made accountable but not with threats, yelling or anything physical which others have hinted at. Jesus, do think I'm going to take him to dinner or something?

Sit next to me and we'll have a contest to see who can give him the best dirty look.

#24237 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Where did I say that? I agree he needs to be made accountable but not with threats, yelling or anything physical which others have hinted at. Jesus, do think I'm going to take him to dinner or something?
Sit next to me and we'll have a contest to see who can give him the best dirty look.

Ha!! Ok that could be fun. But really I wasn't condoning any violence, (even though he could use a tomato upside his head) I was suggesting some public humiliation. Maybe directing a few questions towards the people that hired this clown and ask them why they'd hire a known, liar, thief and scumbag? Assuming that they'd even do a questions and answers segment to their presentation.

#24238 5 years ago

Whether or not he admits it, sitting up there will be miserable for him because he will have to sit in his shame. The thing I don’t like about it is that some people in attendance might not know what he has done which decreases the shame. Maybe a flyer listing all the things he did to be handed out to all attendees? Maybe wear a sandwhichboard that says I gave jpop $18,000 and he still sued me!

#24239 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

... I was suggesting some public humiliation...

I think he gets that here all the time.

Glad I don't have a dog in the race on this one.

#24240 5 years ago

I agree with Kim. Be civil, be proud, be the better man.

He is not going to cause me to lose my self respect. And being practical for a minute, Expo seminars like this one will likely be packed. Imagine how more screwed up it'd be if this crowd were forced to go through metal detectors and bag inspections like we now have at major sporting events... No thanks.

IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpgIMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
#24241 5 years ago

I would hate to have security have to get rough with people. How fast do those mobility scooters go? (ducks for cover)

#24242 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Is he showing up as an independent? Or as a rep of.. Deeproot or some other company?

I hope he gets booed out of the place.

#24243 5 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Whether or not he admits it, sitting up there will be miserable for him because he will have to sit in his shame. The thing I don’t like about it is that some people in attendance might not know what he has done which decreases the shame. Maybe a flyer listing all the things he did to be handed out to all attendees? Maybe wear a sandwhichboard that says I gave jpop $18,000 and he still sued me!

You should sit in the front row and wear this.

2g5x1v (resized).jpg2g5x1v (resized).jpg
#24244 5 years ago

Deepware or Zidroot...
Which is a better name?

#24245 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And I strongly recommend that everyone attending act like a gentleman and limit themselves to just that.

lol

#24246 5 years ago

Jeez, I took a year off on this thread. Come back and the shit show is still going.

You know what a shitbarometer is? It measures the shitpressure in the air.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#24247 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's so bad ass. You guys are really going to prove a point.

#24248 5 years ago

I'd be there wearing it proud.

RAZA (resized).jpgRAZA (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpgwinds (resized).jpg

#24249 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'd be there wearing it proud.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Put a piece of tape on the speech bubble with a witty put-down of JPop.

#24250 5 years ago

"Art by Zombieyeti"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 485 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/485 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.