(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 482 of 490.
#24051 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

How about Heighway?

Well Kman is leading the charges now! LOL

I think he's filing suit against Andrew isn't he?

Love the drunken 5 am podcast summary

Pinball passion is amazing ain't it!!

Yes Andrew is a huge Ponzi scheme dick. Should have known the minute Dennis walked.

Just a bunch of "chumps" and "fanboys" getting F ed.

#24052 5 years ago

Can somone tell what the few MG pins built mean? Did that fulfill Jpops obligation to MG owners?

What is Derproot doing?

#24053 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Should have known the minute Dennis walked.

In hindsight that does appear to be a big early red flag now doesn't it.

#24054 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

In hindsight that does appear to be a big early red flag now doesn't it.

Yep, and then you get these arm chair QB's in hindsight that think they know everything.

While they get F ed themselves on a MG for example.

#24056 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, what are you saying? I should pre-order a Derp Root game?

Not sure how you twisted that into me saying pre-order anything.

#24058 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Not sure how you twisted that into me saying pre-order anything.

You implied I should be supporting Derp Root for the good of the good people there. I’d never give them a dime and would discourage anyone from doing so as well, as long as the operation is being run by such a deplorable individual. He’s just another Andrew Heighway - bullying & taking advantage of desperate people like Jpop & Oursler. This operation will not end well. How many times do we have to see this happen? In a year or so, Stern will be the last pinball company standing once again....maybe JJP eeks it out. Maybe Spooky makes another Denisi game and keeps on keeping on...but that’ll be it.

#24059 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The credit bureaus can pick it up as well as another crushing blow.

Unfortunately (for victims), civil judgments are no longer being reported by the 3 credit bureaus. The records must include DOB or SS# and the data providers must check courthouses for updates every 90 days. It's a disaster for the bureaus to maintain and update, so they're no longer going to report it.
This forces victims to resort to wage garnishment which is additional expense for the victim.
Crime pays, especially in California.

#24061 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...Iceman, just put me on ignore brotendo...I've had you on ignore for like 3 years. Give me the thumb all ya want, I have no interest in what you're saying.

Serenity now.

You just dove back into pinside. Baby steps. Don't give into the dark side. Just post in the socal thread and vegan thread for now and avoid the toxic threads.

#24062 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

This forces victims to resort to wage garnishment which is additional expense for the victim.

Money well spent even if the payments just trickle in. Call it a paycheck to paycheck reminder.

#24063 5 years ago

I hope you guys get your money, but really the victory is the JUDGEMENT. In a court. John can play victim but the LAW saw it different. And he certainly tried to use the law himself against his own customers.

And this case was about his lack of delivering to his customers. This wasn't some bankruptcy court trying to figure out assets. This was open and shut he said something and did something else and harmed people by doing so.

That stain will be on him forever now. Enjoy those fruits from your effort .

#24064 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You implied I should be supporting Derp Root for the good of the good people there. I’d never give them a dime and would discourage anyone from doing so as well, as long as the operation is being run by such a deplorable individual. He’s just another Andrew Heighway - bullying & taking advantage of desperate people like Jpop & Oursler. This operation will not end well. How many times do we have to see this happen? In a year or so, Stern will be the last pinball company standing once again....maybe JJP eeks it out. Maybe Spooky makes another Denisi game and keeps on keeping on...but that’ll be it.

You did not answer the question. Where did I imply sending in pre-order money?

JPop? Desperate? Oh hell yes. Oursler and Norwood? Desperate? Um, far from it. You are just spewing bullshit. Deeproot hasn't even produced a machine yet. Seems like the same old tired shit many were giving American Pinball too.

I agree, NONE of it may end well for any of these companies other than Stern. .

JJP? They are on life support with Pirates. Dialed in was a major flop compared to expectations.

Spooky? They make pinball, but they are a different concept. It's working.....so far.

American Pinball? Houdini rocks, what's next?

Heighway, Zidware, and Skit B..... R.I.P. assholes.

#24065 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Gary used to say there was enough business for ONE company.

He may be proven correct.

#24066 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

JJP? They are on life support with Pirates. Dialed in was a major flop compared to expectations.
Spooky? They make pinball, but they are a different concept. It's working.....so far.

What are you talking about?

So how many dialed ins do you think they sold? I see dialed in as being a huge success for jjp after the game proved to be a hit after a terrible reveal.

Sounds like you think spooky isn't going to work in the long run?

Quoted from vdojaq:

You are just spewing bullshit.

#24067 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

is there a link to the official ruling of the court?

Better yet is there audio like the skit B guys where feeding us, I am hungry!!

Congrats on the judgment, now good luck with actually collecting it.

I hear that is a whole other hard nut to crack.

Although I learned how from a bunch of Italian guys, I hear they are the best at it.

#24068 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

What are you talking about?

So how many dialed ins do you think they sold? I see dialed in as being a huge success for jjp after the game proved to be a hit after a terrible reveal.

JPP's future hinges on the success of POTC, that is exactly what I am talking about. Mark my words, there will be no physical #5 JJP pinball reveal at Expo this year, other than the possibility of a name/title release.

Quoted from pinlink:

Sounds like you think spooky isn't going to work in the long run?

That I don't know. I didn't care for the 1st 2 machines, but Alice Cooper is quite fun. Spooky is doing things much differently than the rest of the start up manufactures and it seems to be working for them.

#24069 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That I don't know. I didn't care for the 1st 2 machines, but Alice Cooper is quite fun. Spooky is doing things much differently than the rest of the start up manufactures and it seems to be working for them.

Spooky seems to be growing slowly: 150 machines, 300 machines, 500 machines. They are not trying to be the next Stern with 1000s of games. Perhaps that could change, but I think they are happy being the "boo"tique company.

#24070 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am not at all thrilled that Jpop is working at Deeproot, however, that job might be the ONLY source of recovery for those that won their cases. ?

I don't know man. OJ Simspon has paid off like $50,000 of his $32 million civil judgement over 20 years.

It's just a piece of paper. It's up to the plaintiffs to get the guy to pay up.

So who knows. It's nice that Jpop lost but it could just end up a moral victory. I certainly wouldn't suppose any money Deep Root pays him goes straight to the people he screwed.

#24071 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

JPP's future hinges on the success of POTC, that is exactly what I am talking about. Mark my words, there will be no physical #5 JJP pinball reveal at Expo this year, other than the possibility of a name/title release.

Where are you getting this information from?

#24072 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You did not answer the question. Where did I imply sending in pre-order money?
JPop? Desperate? Oh hell yes. Oursler and Norwood? Desperate? Um, far from it. You are just spewing bullshit. Deeproot hasn't even produced a machine yet. Seems like the same old tired shit many were giving American Pinball too.
American Pinball? Houdini rocks, what's next?
Heighway, Zidware, and Skit B..... R.I.P. assholes.

You implied I should support Derp Root rather than root for their failure. How do you propose I do that? $$$ = success. I will not give them money. Nor will I cheerlead them.

American Pinball deserved all the shit they got. Forming their company on a JPOP design, building the non-functioning Magic Girls - I give them credit for not going on forums like Andrew & Robert, firing JPOP, and getting a passionate crew to pull off a miracle in a short amount of time. At the end of the day, Houdini is OK...will it sell well enough outside hardcore hobbyists who have to have everything? I don’t think so, but time will tell.

You forgot Dutch on your list. That’s the next crash ‘n burn.

#24073 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Serenity now.
You just dove back into pinside. Baby steps. Don't give into the dark side. Just post in the socal thread and vegan thread for now and avoid the toxic threads.

LOL - I’m here to call out villains & talk about broccoli....while I’m on the shitter. There’s really nothing else to post about.

#24074 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Where are you getting this information from?

From reliable sources in the industry and I will leave it at that.

Don't ask who that might be because I am not saying.

Either believe it or not, I really don't care.

If I am wrong, so be it.

#24075 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

If I am wrong, so be it.

I heard from a reliable source in law enforcement that my neighbor was into bestiality. Don't ask me to reveal the source but let's just say there are lots of scared pets running around the neighborhood. Take it for what it's worth, believe it or not. If I'm wrong...oops, sorry

Damn! I can't tell you how sick I am of this type of crap. If you know something to be true, state the source of the information. If you can't provide the source, then close your pie-hole. You may be surprised how many people's lives, businesses etc. get screwed as a result of unsubstantiated rumors. I can't tell you how often I've seen these tricks initiated by competitors and people playing an angle. Create FUD, pump and dump, all variations of this same theme. I'm sure you are a great guy and this is not your typical modus operandi, so I'm not singling you out. You just touched a nerve...I apologize for that.

#24076 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I heard from a reliable source in law enforcement that my neighbor was into bestiality. Don't ask me to reveal the source

Oldgoat is right, his neighbor is into bestiality - sex with your bff. Now if they were into beastiality - sex with animals - that would be sick. But zero benefit and credibility are afforded to those offering unsubstantiated rumors. You don't need a mound of proof, but at least list a source.

#24077 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You implied I should support Derp Root rather than root for their failure. A

That is EXACTLY what I implied to you. Never implied you send them ANY money, especially a pre-order.

Quoted from Rarehero:

How do you propose I do that?

Um, not bash them at every chance you get? Tired, same ole' story. How about let them actually produce something and if is shit, bash away?

Quoted from Rarehero:

$$$ = success. I will not give them money. Nor will I cheerlead them.

Ok, then don't ever buy ANYTHING they produce(if they actually do produce something), your choice. I got it, bashing them every chance you get makes you feel better and will enrich the pinball community. Hey, way to go.

I will reserve judgement until I see a product, they dare ask for pre-order money, or they fold up shop.

Look, we all know JPop is a scumbag extraordinaire. But if you take ANY work environment, 20% of the people, if thorough background histories were provided, would be considered scumbags. If someone is good at their job, sometimes you have to take the baggage that goes with it. I have one of those employees working for me now. I know it, but he is so good at what he does, he is worth a shot. If you knew the REAL truth about everyone around you, one or two would make your jaw drop.

A.P. tried with JPop, but they hid it at 1st, and then completely dropped the ball because they didn't do proper homework. A.P. did an about face and literally had to drag JPop out of the facility.

Now we have Deeproot, that has JPop, and has built a team above and beyond just him. Not only that , they brought in people who have worked with JPop previously at Williams. They have been upfront about the situation.

ALL people did was bash A.P. ever since they came on the scene and say 2 things, M.G. will never be produced and A.P. will never build a machine. Well, guess what? Wrong on both accounts. Jpop built all of those M.G. machines by hand, those are NOT A.P. built machines. Houdini is here and in production.

So yeah, I'll give Deeproot the benefit of the doubt until I see a product.

#24078 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I heard from a reliable source in law enforcement that my neighbor was into bestiality. Don't ask me to reveal the source but let's just say there are lots of scared pets running around the neighborhood. Take it for what it's worth, believe it or not. If I'm wrong...oops, sorry
Damn! I can't tell you how sick I am of this type of crap. If you know something to be true, state the source of the information. If you can't provide the source, then close your pie-hole. You may be surprised how many people's lives, businesses etc. get screwed as a result of unsubstantiated rumors. I can't tell you how often I've seen these tricks initiated by competitors and people playing an angle. Create FUD, pump and dump, all variations of this same theme. I'm sure you are a great guy and this is not your typical modus operandi, so I'm not singling you out. You just touched a nerve...I apologize for that.

If I am wrong come Expo, I will be the 1st to say I was wrong.

#24079 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

So what is closer to the truth, your neighbor is a frickin pervert or JJP is on a tightrope? Do some homework, maybe both are true.

#24080 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That is EXACTLY what I implied to you. Never implied you send them ANY money, especially a pre-order.

Um, not bash them at every chance you get? Tired, same ole' story. How about let them actually produce something and if is shit, bash away?

Ok, then don't ever buy ANYTHING they produce(if they actually do produce something), your choice. I got it, bashing them every chance you get makes you feel better and will enrich the pinball community. Hey, way to go.
I will reserve judgement until I see a product, they dare ask for pre-order money, or they fold up shop.
Look, we all know JPop is a scumbag extraordinaire. But if you take ANY work environment, 20% of the people, if thorough background histories were provided, would be considered scumbags. If someone is good at their job, sometimes you have to take the baggage that goes with it. I have one of those employees working for me now. I know it, but he is so good at what he does, he is worth a shot. If you knew the REAL truth about everyone around you, one or two would make your jaw drop.
A.P. tried with JPop, but they hid it at 1st, and then completely dropped the ball because they didn't do proper homework. A.P. did an about face and literally had to drag JPop out of the facility.
Now we have Deeproot, that has JPop, and has built a team above and beyond just him. Not only that , they brought in people who have worked with JPop previously at Williams. They have been upfront about the situation.
ALL people did was bash A.P. ever since they came on the scene and say 2 things, M.G. will never be produced and A.P. will never build a machine. Well, guess what? Wrong on both accounts. Jpop built all of those M.G. machines by hand, those are NOT A.P. built machines. Houdini is here and in production.

I disagree. Just hiring JPOP in the first place is a HUGE indicator of what kind of people/company you're dealing with. It was a mistake to hire him. JPOP has burned his bridges when it comes to the pinball community (IMHO)...there is no road to redemption left for him short of making everyone he screwed over 100% whole and profusely apologizing for what he did...which he has never done and I'm willing to bet never will.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I'll never buy a game from Deep Root as long as JPOP is involved.

P.S. I never lost a dime on any of JPOPS games.

#24081 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Baby steps. Don't give into the dark side. Just post in the socal thread and vegan thread for now and avoid the toxic threads.

He is also more than welcome to post in the carnivore thread if he likes.

#24082 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I disagree. Just hiring JPOP in the first place is a HUGE indicator of what kind of people/company you're dealing with. It was a mistake to hire him.

Not to mention the legal threats & laughable empty Trumpesque braggadocio from the head of the company. Everything he's said so far tells me EXACTLY who he is. Toxic. Another bad apple trying to get into the pinball world. So yes, I will bash this company. If I can stop 1 person from ever dealing with another Kevin/Jpop/Andrew/Dutch/Homepin, then it's worth it. -removed-, and it has become worse due to their existence. Not sure why Vdojaq wants to be the "Hilton" of Derp Root...but here we go again, I guess. 2018 and lessons still not learned.

#24083 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

oldgoat is right, his neighbor is into bestiality - sex with your bff. Now if they were into beastiality - sex with animals - that would be sick.

Incorrect correction. He spelled it right.

Not to mention, a dog is man's best friend!

#24084 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That is EXACTLY what I implied to you.

OK, great. We'll have to disagree then. I will never support them. Ever.

Quoted from vdojaq:

Um, not bash them at every chance you get?

I've only been here for like a week after a 5 month break lol..."every chance"? Alrighty.

Quoted from vdojaq:

This statement is why pinball has cancer.

#24085 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This statement is why pinball has cancer.

Please explain.

#24086 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure why Vdojaq wants to be the "Hilton" of Derp Root...but here we go again, I guess. 2018 and lessons still not learned.

No, I do not. Whatever your hatred is, fine. But I am just saying that the vilification of A.P. went nowhere, we now have Houdini. And exactly as you say, "here we go again" with the vilification of Deeproot. This isn't a couple of assholes building a machine in the shed taking preorder money. This is a full fledged company that just might build something. You are right 2018 and nothing learned.

#24087 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

If I am wrong, so be it.

i heard similiar info but passed through grapevine not direct. nevermind the overhead of factory and salaries, the monthly interest alone on the debt from the investors is shocking if true.

#24088 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

But I am just saying that the vilification of A.P. went nowhere, we now have Houdini.

Of course it did! If people hadn't lost their shit at A.P., would they have fired Jpop!? They rectified their mistakes once called out. Derp is doubling down on Jpop.

Quoted from vdojaq:

Please explain.

People giving the benefit of the doubt to everyone trying to start a pinball company. This what has led us to where we are with all these liars and thieves.

#24089 5 years ago

I cannot support any company where JPOP works ever. I like the other designers though, but cannot support anyone associated with JPOP.

#24090 5 years ago

You can't win Rarehero. Jpop found guilty, the owner or head of the new company coming on here thinking he's the Pinball guru, and doubling down on a guy he knows has purposely taken money from people with no remorse whatsoever not to mention treating future potential clients like pieces of crap. He obviously doesn't care he does this in front of a major portion of the Pinball community, but no let's give him a chance! Let's see what they do. Insane. Deepshit will never get a dime from me and I don't care what fing carrot they dangle. Done with this crap.

#24091 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

You can't win Rarehero. Jpop found guilty, the owner or head of the new company coming on here thinking he's the Pinball guru, and doubling down on a guy he knows has purposely taken money from people with no remorse whatsoever not to mention treating future potential clients like pieces of crap. He obviously doesn't care he does this in front of a major portion of the Pinball community, but no let's give him a chance! Let's see what they do. Insane. Deepshit will never get a dime from me and I don't care what fing carrot they dangle. Done with this crap.

Hopefully you have not soured on the hobby. Seems like these jerks have killed what should be a fun diversion for too many.

#24092 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not to mention the legal threats & laughable empty Trumpesque braggadocio from the head of the company. Everything he's said so far tells me EXACTLY who he is. Toxic. Another bad apple trying to get into the pinball world. So yes, I will bash this company. If I can stop 1 person from ever dealing with another Kevin/Jpop/Andrew/Dutch/Homepin, then it's worth it. These people are all cancer to this hobby, and it has become worse due to their existence. Not sure why Vdojaq wants to be the "Hilton" of Derp Root...but here we go again, I guess. 2018 and lessons still not learned.

So it's OK to attack me (my company) it seems?

Please explain why I am a "cancer to this hobby".

Where are the moderators to stop you from spouting your hate all over the place?

People like YOU are exactly the reason many, such as most manufacturers, have stopped posting on Pinside.......

#24093 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Where are the moderators to stop you from spouting your hate all over the place?
People like YOU are exactly the reason many, such as most manufacturers, have stopped posting on Pinside.......

You stole, plain and simple, and lied about it. Why keep rehashing it and bringing up how innocent you are.

#24094 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Successful companies engage with their customers, take feedback, and then pivot, which makes them even more successful. You don't see Virgin's Richard Branson hiding from the public or Elon Musk avoiding Twitter.

IMO, Rarehero is an ideal customer for NIB pins.

#24095 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Not sure how you were just moderated and sub ejected for 30 days and now seemingly wiggled out of it after attacking the mods. Weird

#24096 5 years ago

Homepin is not hiding from the public. Here is the Facebook page updated regularly:

https://www.facebook.com/homepin.factory/

#24097 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Homepin is not hiding from the public. Here is the Facebook page updated regularly.
https://www.facebook.com/homepin.factory/

I'd like to hear more about Homepin as I am very skeptical.

#24098 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'd like to hear more about Homepin as I am very skeptical.

Me also.

Quoted from tacshose:

You stole, plain and simple, and lied about it. Why keep rehashing it and bringing up how innocent you are.

Not to stray too far off topic but this is the first I've heard of this.

#24099 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Me also.

Not to stray too far off topic but this is the first I've heard of this.

Short version, the background or foundation code of his game appears to have been directly taken from Ben Heck when he originally allowed AMH to be open source. Crazy part is Ben only asked for the ackowledgement, and he was not willing to do it. I am sure others can add more detail that is public already.

#24100 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Maybe just stop posting about it? It's probably not helping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 482 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/482 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.