(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 476 of 491.
#23751 6 years ago

It really is fitting that he owns one. no account and no groove!

Listening to his LE buyers/Stern dumb fuck podcast right now. Ada boy making more friends everyday.

#23752 6 years ago

[Disclaimer: I have no skin in the game and am just a spectator in this debacle]

I lost track somewhere along the way. Did JPop even keep an MG for himself?

ken

#23753 6 years ago
Quoted from Yellowdog:

I lost track somewhere along the way. Did JPop even keep an MG for himself?

Why would he have done that? Word is it shoots like crap and is barely playable.

3 weeks later
#23754 6 years ago

THIS WEEK IN PINBALL **EXCLUSIVE interview with deeproot Pinball about JPop and many other topics:

http://thisweekinpinball.com/exclusive-interview-deeproot-next-misadventure-pinball-revolution/

Please do not copy and paste the whole interview in the thread as website views are my only way to track interest, and I want to see if spending this much time on one post is "worth it". Thanks.

#23755 6 years ago

Wow, thanks for taking the time to do this. Answers a lot of questions and raises a few. I did not know about the AppleJuice details. The offering of games valued around $5K is strange without details of what is considered a "game". Sure they call them masterpieces, but it could be a bagatelle or non-functioning MG. So having people make that decision without more information is tough.

Only time will tell what they do, everything else is just guessing.

“Every family needs a pinball, every pinball needs a family”.
“5 days of deeproot”

I hate marketing talk.

#23756 6 years ago

Very interesting. Guess the 5 days, is when the show off a bunch of stuff before going dark.

#23757 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Wow, thanks for taking the time to do this. Answers a lot of questions and raises a few. I did not know about the AppleJuice details. The offering of games valued around $5K is strange without details of what is considered a "game". Sure they call them masterpieces, but it could be a bagatelle or non-functioning MG. So having people make that decision without more information is tough.
Only time will tell what they do, everything else is just guessing.
“Every family needs a pinball, every pinball needs a family”.
“5 days of deeproot”

I hate marketing talk.

if it makes you feel better, in Australia.. root is slang for f*ck.. so, imagine all the snickering this entire enterprise gets over there.

#23758 6 years ago

It's insane that the jpop show keeps going and going, and EVERY FREAKIN' CHAPTER of it is insane. It does not stop.

#23759 6 years ago

Looking forward to seeing how well these quotes age!

"I’ve built businesses and competed in multiple industries much more crowded and cutthroat than the pinball industry. That’s what makes doing pinball so easy for us."

AND

"It is hard to believe that we (who arguably have more capitalization then all the other pinball participants combined and having accomplished the impossible in other industries) would not be able to find a way to do something as easy as pinball."

I'll buy a DeepRoot branded T-shirt with the logo "Pinball is Easy" as soon as they are available!

#23760 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

if it makes you feel better, in Australia.. root is slang for f*ck.. so, imagine all the snickering this entire enterprise gets over there.

Important information about Australian culture, courtesy of Flight of the Conchords:

#23761 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Important information about Australian culture, courtesy of Flight of the Conchords:
» YouTube video

Keitha!

#23762 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

THIS WEEK IN PINBALL **EXCLUSIVE interview with deeproot Pinball about JPop and many other topics:
http://thisweekinpinball.com/exclusive-interview-deeproot-next-misadventure-pinball-revolution/
Please do not copy and paste the whole interview in the thread as website views are my only way to track interest, and I want to see if spending this much time on one post is "worth it". Thanks.

Thanks for the timely and extensive interview. I am going to try pasting it into a doc and listening on my drive home.

Quoted from sd_tom:

Great, now I can't stop thinking about Deepf&ck. Already snickering.

#23763 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's insane that the jpop show keeps going and going, and EVERY FREAKIN' CHAPTER of it is insane. It does not stop.

It keeps getting more insane as it goes along.

#23764 6 years ago

Very interesting, to me, IMO, the interview/article pretty much says that deeproot had to hire Jpop because all of the other well known designers were scooped up by other companies (stern, jjp etc)

#23765 6 years ago

Wow what a load of crap. My favorite response. dr: The Plaintiffs chose to continue to pursue litigation rather than accept deeproot’s reasonable settlement terms.

Bury this clown already.

#23766 6 years ago

I wish my JPop experience would just go away and remain a remote nightmare.
But it just keeps coming back again and again...

#23767 6 years ago

What the actual F. They used my name. And said I was involved in a sham , in court no less. And published that false crap where anyone can read it ?? Consider the bear...poked.

#23768 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Very interesting, to me, IMO, the interview/article pretty much says that deeproot had to hire Jpop because all of the other well known designers were scooped up by other companies (stern, jjp etc)

In the turning tide, companies are rightfully and publically abandoning staff that commit harm to women but I guess we haven't gotten to the point where theft measures up to harassment. Or more specifically that there's another company willfully ignorant to the impact of the supporting this kind of person. Won't they be surprised when they realize it does matter and they've hung their hook on this peg anyway. Its not as if they didn't have other examples and documentation to refer to and make a good decision. But hey, they know better than the customers. But probably don't know better than the people who won't be customers. Namely me and probably others here as well.

In a more grim analogy, how different is it from this line of thinking: "but these are really qualified Nazi's, you just can't get this kind of experience.... I know they ... you know did some things...but the attention to detail...how can you pass that up, and we'll be giving almost functional wooden legs to all previous amputees... so all good there. Right!"

#23769 6 years ago

I think we need to remember that Pinside isn’t the entire hobby and there are tons of people who would jump at the chance to own a JPOP game who either have no idea about his past, or simply don’t care.

So the shitstorm might be less of a problem than we think, and deeproot is banking on that.

#23770 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

What the actual F. They used my name. And said I was involved in a sham , in court no less. And published that false crap where anyone can read it ?? Consider the bear...poked.

Do what they do and sue them! I hate that this continues. All of us lost so much. It's just not right.

#23771 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think we need to remember that Pinside isn’t the entire hobby and there are tons of people who would jump at the chance to own a JPOP game who either have no idea about his past, or simply don’t care.
So the shitstorm might be less of a problem than we think, and deeproot is banking on that.

I doubt it. It's hard to tell and the hate is quite high. The odds are stacked against them.

#23772 6 years ago

The “masterpiece” ... um ok. These guys couldn’t come off as any more arrogant ..”Pinball is easy” and it certainly sounds like they think this will be a slam dunk and everyone will be amazed as they churn out something better than any other company and do it more efficiently. I can see jpop fitting right in there.

#23773 6 years ago

I want some of whatever Mr. Deeproot is smoking.

#23774 6 years ago

Really digging this DR interview. It's even better when you picture this guy giving the answers.

lol_400x400 (resized).jpglol_400x400 (resized).jpg

#23775 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I want some of whatever Mr. Deeproot is smoking.

I know a guy when you are in Madison next time...

#23776 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know a guy when you are in Madison next time...

Really? You know a guy who sells crack laced with PCP, in a joint dipped in raw industrial ether?

#23777 6 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Here are some other interesting domains John has recently registered in august and updated back after expo.

- http://creation6pinball.org
- http://biblepinball.org
- http://creationgames.org

Quoted from benheck:

I still can't believe John made a ripoff website of my Bible Adventures game.

I have to resuscitate this part of the thread. In light of this post made by deeproot in the Jetsons thread, now that we know John was hired by them as a game designer.

Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 8.37.06 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-12-02 at 8.37.06 PM (resized).png

So I guess we know now what will follow the original zidware 3 titles.

If deeproot is indeed indulging John on a bible game and covering his nut while he's at it, John certainly has found a great new patron. Amazing how many he's found.

#23778 6 years ago

Do people really want a bible adventure game? Just can’t see much demand for that theme.

#23779 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Do people really want a bible adventure game? Just can’t see much demand for that theme.

Agreed - Seems like an odd pairing for a pinball machine. Different strokes I guess...

#23780 6 years ago

Different Strokes would be a great theme!

Watchu Talkin Bout multi-ball

#23781 6 years ago

And I'm sure you can get Todd Bridges and Charlotte Rae for voices. They would also allow their images to be used, unlike this POTC nonsense.

#23782 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I would be interested in one designed and built by Ben Heck & Spooky. I certainly would not be interested in one from Jpop.

#23783 6 years ago

Kimberly trailer park o.d. Multi-ball. Pushed down the stairs Arnold skill shot.
And don't forget Bicycle shop molester bash toy.
Take down the gooch, mini wizard mode.

#23784 6 years ago

And don't forget Bicycle shop molester bash toy

Ooooh, that’s the very special edition.

#23785 6 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Ooooh, that’s the very special edition.

Yep. There were two that I can think of that they shamelessly promoted as “ tonight, on a very special Diff’rent Strokes” in order to get by the network censors. The other was when Arnold took a swig of booze from a thermos in the boys bathroom during recess and blacked out. Coincidentally, that was the day that Nancy Reagan just happened to drop by the school to warn Dudley and Arnold to “just say no”. Jesus, Dudley had to go though some serious shit

#23786 6 years ago

Well our banned friend smartened up and got rid of his MG. I was shocked that he did admit to a loss. I was sure any sale of MG would be like most folks trips to Las Vegas are, you know everyone always wins.

I am guessing if he got anywhere near 10k he did OK.

I still wonder who would possibly want this title however.

Chime in buyer enquiring minds want to know.

#23787 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yep. There were two that I can think of that they shamelessly promoted as “ tonight, on a very special Diff’rent Strokes” in order to get by the network censors. The other was when Arnold took a swig of booze from a thermos in the boys bathroom during recess and blacked out. Coincidentally, that was the day that Nancy Reagan just happened to drop by the school to warn Dudley and Arnold to “just say no”. Jesus, Dudley had to go though some serious shit

The actor said later on that that was happening to him for reals with a family “friend”. That shit is the creepiest

#23788 6 years ago

He got a Batman instead. He didn’t lose too much on MG

#23789 6 years ago

I bet he trades it in like 5 months to Hilton for an Alien and a limited edition Gucci hoodie.

#23790 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Well our banned friend smartened up and got rid of his MG. I was shocked that he did admit to a loss.
Chime in buyer enquiring minds want to know.

Ok, I'm newer here, who's "our banned friend", or is it not permissible to say his name?

#23791 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Ok, I'm newer here, who's "our banned friend", or is it not permissible to say his name?

Special K, otherwise known as Kaneda. And several other aliases....

#23792 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Ok, is it permissible to say his name?

#23793 6 years ago

Let's just say this....

IF, IF, IF, IF Magic Girl gets made by Deepthroat then the current batch of garbage isn't worth what you could get for firewood prices.

Yes everybody knows it, or most do, kind of like all the remakes CGC are doing and crushing the value of the "original titles"

Why? Because they are 100x F ing better!!!!

Over time, either way, MG is a total STIFF and will NEVER be anything. The layout sucks even IF they remake it.

#23794 6 years ago

MG_playfield4sale-fb (resized).jpgMG_playfield4sale-fb (resized).jpg

#23795 6 years ago

Every time I see "PM me with offers", I want to respond "go f yourself."

#23796 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I don't know, $1 sounds like a fair current bid. Maybe I'll offer $2 and see if it shakes free.

#23797 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That sounds more like a suggestion than an offer.

2 weeks later
#23798 6 years ago

John has been working on his html and self-fellating skills again.

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 7.57.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-12-27 at 7.57.38 AM (resized).png

#23799 6 years ago

Jesus H. Christ, the madness never stops.

“Pinball Inventor” TM. Social Justice....the man is certifiable.

LMFAO

#23800 6 years ago

Why is pinball hyphenated in the first sentence? Also, where did he steal the marvel art? I can't make out the signature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 476 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/476 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.