(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 469 of 491.
#23401 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveKing:

Time to move on - just listed my MG no reserve. No more "Are these even changing hands.... What's it worth..?" crap. We will have a marker in a week.
-Dave

I sold #12 nib last week... when your auction ends I'll tell ya if u got more them me. Best of luck

#23402 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveKing:

You guys are great - this auction is already more fun than I'd ever have with the game. Truth be told I hope it ends up and in the hands of someone like Applejuice or a mechanical guru collector who might be able to sort out the game properly - not stay hidden in a box. Fetch just enough to settle up with a frustrated wife and get 25 of these things working as they should...sounds great to me.
But then again, to quote Neil Young, "I'm a dreaming man...."
-Dave

I like the dream! If this game did end up with me, then there's plenty that could be sorted out and my recent updates could be tested properly, but i think i need a lottery win first!

To quote one of my favourite films

"I don't have the $42.50.."

I have a Bally Cosmos which i just got up and running which we could trade. This game is probably more fun to!

Bizzarly this is the game Bally produced directly before Op Pop Pop which is what jPop has in his house, or did whilst i was visiting and working on the zidware games. So there's a nice tenuous link to!!

Seriously though, i hope you get a good price and use it for some games you'll enjoy

#23403 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

AP recently said that they would not rule out building RAZA for John

Not sure my opinion of AP can sink much lower. Before I just thought they were naive.

Quoted from jlm33:

But $10,400 is already beyond my means!

And way beyond what it's worth as a playing pinball machine.

#23404 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

To quote one of my favourite films
"I don't have the $42.50.."

Do you have one hell of a nice watch?

#23405 6 years ago

Ok I am the highest bidder now. I potentially can help the machine levitate the ball!

#23406 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveKing:

Time to move on - just listed my MG no reserve. No more "Are these even changing hands.... What's it worth..?" crap. We will have a marker in a week.
-Dave

This is an exciting auction to follow and I love that you listed it at No Reserve, No Minimum. Currently at $11,100.00.

Best wishes to you Dave and better days to come.

Kim

#23407 6 years ago

I kinda hope popaduik bids this one up and wins it!

#23408 6 years ago

Everybody put a bid in so we can all say were were a part of pinball history

#23409 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

As much as I would *love* to, I would be the unlucky bastard to have noone bid after me, and I can't afford that right now.

#23410 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

As much as I would *love* to, I would be the unlucky bastard to have noone bid after me, and I can't afford that right now.

No way man, I'll Totally bid after you, you're safe

#23411 6 years ago

So is it a game of hot potato now? Try not to get caught holding it.

#23412 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm high bidder currently...making history.

Quoted from frolic:

So is it a game of hot potato now? Try not to get caught holding it.

I am holding that potato CATCH!

#23413 6 years ago

I plan to bid it up with a dup ebay account just for the fun of it

#23414 6 years ago

I don't understand the getting your rocks off because you made a bid on this. If you have no intentions of buying, then wtf are you even bidding for? There is no glory because you made a bid, who gives a shit? However, you are playing with fire and someone else's goods. Not cool at all.

#23415 6 years ago

Oh I would buy it for sure at the price I bid for. I was just commenting at what the other Pinsiders said and having fun.

#23416 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I don't understand the getting your rocks off because you made a bid on this. If you have no intentions of buying, then wtf are you even bidding for? There is no glory because you made a bid, who gives a shit? However, you are playing with fire and someone else's goods. Not cool at all.

I bid once and if I bid again and end up being high bidder I will buy the game.

#23418 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Exactly why I wouldn't trust this bid. Would be par for the course to have shill bidding

Not saying by Seller just antagonists

#23419 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly why I wouldn't trust this bid. Would be par for the course to have shill bidding
Not saying by Seller just antagonists

If money changes hands that is the value. Someone willingly paid X.

#23420 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wouldn't joke about that. It is reasonably foreseeable that this auction may end in a winning bidder that won't pay, making the game be re-listed. Everyone who makes a joke along those lines will be an instant suspect if that happens.

#23421 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

If money changes hands that is the value. Someone willingly paid X.

Not necessarily. It's called shill bidding.

Or hot potato bidding

#23422 6 years ago

Maybe Todd at TNT is purchasing for his next roof toss, and write it off marketing expense.

Other than that, folks bidding are just plain loco.

#23423 6 years ago

I hope the winner bidder actually follows through with the purchase...

#23424 6 years ago

If this game sells for say 20k what will the EBay fee's be?

#23425 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wouldn't joke about that. It is reasonably foreseeable that this auction may end in a winning bidder that won't pay, making the game be re-listed. Everyone who makes a joke along those lines will be an instant suspect if that happens.

Relax people. It was a joke. I am sure there will be LOTS of schill bidding but i won't be one of them.

#23426 6 years ago

My prediction: Kaneda buys it just to say he did, and be the only person in history (likely) to have two MG's side by side in a NY apartment .

#23427 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If this game sells for say 20k what will the EBay fee's be?

I think there's a cap, no?

#23428 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Kaneda buys it just to say he did, and be the only person in history (likely) to have two MG's side by side in a NY apartment

He'd have to put it in storage then. He's trying to sell his arcade games and replacing the floors so they aren't sleeping on the pullout couch every night. Brenda is normalizing him.

#23429 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

He'd have to put it in storage then. He's trying to sell his arcade games and replacing the floors so they aren't sleeping on the pullout couch every night. Brenda is normalizing him.

Ha! Normalizing? Thought I heard one pin was slated for the bedroom

#23430 6 years ago

Looks like Dave will get his money back, and then some maybe. It's amazing, if you told anyone you'd plan this pin today and describe the exact condition it would be delivered, as this one, who would pay $16,000 for it?! But here we are: so is the value in the art work, the history, drama, rarity?

I held the bid for a bit, but it was just for fun to take part, would love to here how the high-rollers bidding now are valuing this.

Congrats Dave!

#23431 6 years ago

Wondering more about value of this...

Maybe there could be a business reason to own it. Where is Applejuice? He said if he gets his machine, he finishes the code. Hhhm, buy the machine, give it to Applejuice in exchange for the rights to the completed code as you now paid for it, JPoop certainly didn't. Then get your investment back by selling to the owners.

If I were an owner, I'd coordinate something like this with the rest of the owners. Band together, buy the machine, give to Applejuice, bam, you get your game completed... Everyone chip in $1000-$1500 to complete your game? It would be worth it...

#23432 6 years ago

Shill bidding is illegal

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2010/apr/20/ebay-seller-convicted-auction-fixing

I wouldn't be stupid enough to advertise I was doing it in this thread either

#23433 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Where is Applejuice?

I'm here in sunny England running my embedded hardware and electronics business and getting on with my life. Right now today i'm testing out an update Scott wanted for the Segment display control code i wrote for use on his total annihilation project. After that i've got a load of new sounds boards to assemble for people.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

He said if he gets his machine, he finishes the code. Hhhm, buy the machine, give it to Applejuice in exchange for the rights to the completed code as you now paid for it, JPoop certainly didn't. Then get your investment back by selling to the owners.
If I were an owner, I'd coordinate something like this with the rest of the owners. Band together, buy the machine, give to Applejuice, bam, you get your game completed... Everyone chip in $1000-$1500 to complete your game? It would be worth it...

In terms of Magicgirl specifically and alongside running my business i've begun to create an update based on issues that have been identified and features that need tweaking. Of course i can't test this yet other than in simulation so its work in progress and if a physical game never makes it to me it will stay on a shelf, but i have seen what /or wasn't done after my departure and created improvements for various things.

Here's an example of an update to move some of the graphics windows higher up on the screen to make visibility better.
Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 19.52.46 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-01 at 19.52.46 (resized).png

The update notes so far are:

Magicgirl v0.8.0 Update Notes
- Added Free Play Option to Service Standard Settings
- Removed Novice Play
- Adjusted Coil Strength on Potion Kickout
- Adjusted Coil Strength on Magic Shop Kickout
- Fixed Potion Saucer mode issues with conflicts with old bagatelle mode
- Fixed Ball Search flipper hold coil disabling issue
- Updated POWER letter progress to use RHS loop as original designed.
- Updated MAGIC letter progress to be as original designed.
- Updated graphic window display for WIZARD letter completion
- Updated graphic window display for POTION letter completion
- Improved Ball Search
- Updated Attract mode score names
- Added attract mode sound screen
- Added attract mode myPinballs Electronics screen
- Added game audit reset option to Service Utilities/Audits menu
- Added game diagnostics reset option to Service Utilities menu
- Added broken switch reporting to Service switch test
- Added broken switch updating to Service switch test
- Fixed a bug with Service Switch NC grid colouring
- Added correct machine serial number designation in Service System menu

#23434 6 years ago

I have a machine if all the other owners want to chip in and will send to applejuice. I was offered 30 k for it but i'm open to figuring out something to make this work. The issues I potentially see is there may need to be some hardware as well as software issues figured out to truly make this a fun complete game. No need to discuss here further, however if all other MG owners are good with this then we can organize by pm and applejuice can also contact me to figure out the details.Not saying will work but willing to give it a shot. Dave good luck with your sale. Everyone should know this is one of the stellar pinheads and an all around gentleman not only here but in general so bid with confidence. I'm sorry to hear your going through a bit of a tough patch bud, however know it will get better. Cheers

#23435 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think there's a cap, no?

I'm pretty sure the max eBay fee is $750.

#23436 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure my opinion of AP can sink much lower. Before I just thought they were naive.

If AP would be willing to help get me my RAZA machine in my house in whatever f&^$ing form it might be, I'd be fine with it.
Why would you want to piss on them for that??

#23437 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Why would you want to piss on them for that??

AP already accepted your Raza money from John to build parts for the pseudo Magic Girls. If there is any money left it is certainly not enough to build more than a handful of incomplete Raza to keep Jpop from going to prison. Hard to believe the courts haven't stepped in and frozen these assets long ago.

#23438 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

AP already accepted your Raza money from John to build parts for the pseudo Magic Girls.

Hold up. How do you know that?

#23439 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

AP already accepted your Raza money from John to build parts for the pseudo Magic Girls. If there is any money left it is certainly not enough to build more than a handful of incomplete Raza to keep Jpop from going to prison. Hard to believe the courts haven't stepped in and frozen these assets long ago.

This is simply not true.

#23440 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Hold up. How do you know that?

It is only my opinion based on common sense.

#23441 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Quoted from John_I:

Your first post implied concrete knowledge of financial transactions between JPop and AP. If you're just speculating why not say so up front? Saves a lot of unnecessary confusion and excitement.

FWIW I thought the rumors circulating were that JPop had improbably bamboozled a mysterious new investor (and/or AP themselves) into making the Magic Girl games without any provision of funds from him. But I also took them as just that, rumors.

#23442 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

My assumption at the time was that JP was dead broke and needed an 'angel investor' to make things right. Common sense told me that after three years and no JPOP machines, JPOP had no money to give to anyone to build any machines.

#23443 6 years ago

Yep, the current assumption is that jPoop exchanged his 'completed and ready to manufacture' Houdini in trade for AP to produce Magic Girl. So no $$$ actually changed hands. AP got burned in that deal, as jpoop's Houdini wasn't really 'ready', and they didn't anticipate the backlash. ....so they retrenched (very quickly BTW) and put out a new, and by all accounts pretty impressive Houdini of their own.

Of course, this speculation may be just as good or worse than any other.

#23444 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So what you are saying is if John gets a new investor to pump money into a new JPop fiasco and that money builds your RAZA you will refuse delivery because it was not the same "RAZA" (BHZA) money?

BS

#23445 6 years ago

Unless I am mistaken , I don't think he was ever in

#23446 6 years ago

Checking in on the Jpop shitfest is always fun

I'll think about what could have been while I'm rocking out to my new ASLE! NOT

Pinball is fun. Play it

#23447 6 years ago

What happened to the EBAY auction?

Why was it canceled?

??

#23448 6 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

Why was it canceled?
??

It was relisted...
ebay.com link: itm

#23449 6 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

Why was it canceled?
??

There was a problem with the EBay search feature for the auction and EBay couldn't figure it out either so they cancelled and relisted it.

#23450 6 years ago

Hey, here's a fun story about a couple of guys that reportedly got in way over their heads in their own failed business adventure: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/01/526392280/fyre-festival-hit-with-100-million-suit-organizer-says-we-were-a-little-naive

I couldn't help but compare this to JPoop and Zidware. Well, that is, right up until the article described how humbly apologetic these two were/are regarding what all went down and their poor performance. Oh well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 469 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/469 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.