(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 465 of 486.
#23201 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

BTW What is the JANX?

I think it's related to that dingo dongo thing from riddick
dingo dongo.gif

#23202 2 years ago

Is it working in the vid because of the overhead Magnet? I dont recall that in the shipped version?

#23203 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just to break things up...I'm still stuck in New Orleans. Over a week. Smoking cigars and eating oysters.

I'm here as well. How long are you in town for?

#23204 2 years ago

Well I don't think the guys have that large magnet above the whizzer. Lmfao

#23205 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

John posted video of that spinner from 2015, how does his video from then compare with it now:
https://magicgirldev.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/video-of-the-day-jinx-outlane-whizzer/

At least some are back to referring to him on a first name basis.

#23206 2 years ago

O-din. Now that's funny.

Where's the video that explains the impossible to hit target?

#23207 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

John posted video of that spinner from 2015, how does his video from then compare with it now:
https://magicgirldev.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/video-of-the-day-jinx-outlane-whizzer/

in that video it looks like the spinning disc turns counter-clockwise and saves the ball most of the time... mine turns clockwise and generally does not save the ball from the outlane - I'll try to reverse the polarity of the motor

#23208 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

in that video it looks like the spinning disc turns counter-clockwise and saves the ball most of the time... mine turns clockwise and generally does not save the ball from the outlane - I'll try to reverse the polarity of the motor

If its on a motor board ..just turn connector around ...

#23209 2 years ago

Easiest mod ever

#23210 2 years ago

Doesn't Full Throttle use 4 small spinner discs? May be a good example on how non-broke ones affect ball movement.

#23211 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm here as well. How long are you in town for?

Damn! I forgot! We were stuck an additional 2 days! Just got back yesterday to 19 degree weather! I should have checked Pinside more often...

FullSizeRender_1 (resized).jpg

#23212 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Damn! I forgot! We were stuck an additional 2 days! Just got back yesterday to 19 degree weather! I should have checked Pinside more often...

Let me know when you're coming back. We will have a cigar and a scotch.

#23213 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let me know when you're coming back. We will have a cigar and a scotch.

Without a doubt! Sorry I missed ya!

#23214 2 years ago

$15 a dozen oysters. Man! Not around here Ted!

#23215 2 years ago

I just got this flyer with my last pinball life order...

20170317_141512 (resized).jpg

#23216 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Better forehead

#23217 2 years ago

This should be moved to the American Pinball Houdini thread.

Quoted from HighProtein:

#23218 2 years ago

Yea seems this title should be changed to now remove Houdini. Not fair to AP to associate this game with jpop any longer

#23219 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea seems this title should be changed to now remove Houdini. Not fair to AP to associate this game with jpop any longer

I agree. Will look at it tonight.

#23220 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why not haha, it's still from the genesis of JPOP's mind originally...

#23221 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Why not haha, it's still from the genesis of JPOP's mind originally...

Because John already has too much credit as it is for the titles he started at Williams that others had to finish for him.

#23222 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Yea what the hell, we are trying to talk about oysters here

#23223 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yea what the hell, we are trying to talk about oysters here

Fried with cocktail sauce, lots of horseradish.

#23224 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Fried with cocktail sauce, lots of horseradish.

Mmmm, horseradish...

#23225 2 years ago

I know right. I had corned beef today (like many others) and did the traditional mustard. But I said to myself "beef -horseradish". I never tried it on corned beef but tomorrow with leftovers its happening.

#23226 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I know right. I had corned beef today (like many others) and did the traditional mustard. But I said to myself "beef -horseradish". I never tried it on corned beef but tomorrow with leftovers its happening.

Put it on the corn beef and rye along with the brown mustard... oh yeah

#23227 2 years ago

Sorry to derail the talk about mustard and stuff...

Here's a quick video about the Zidware shirt JPOP game me after interviewing him in 2014...

#23228 2 years ago

Another MG playfield, looks great as wall art to me.

A friend near NYC sent me this (not the not to be spoken one).

MGplayfield (resized).jpg

#23229 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Another MG playfield, looks great as wall art to me.
A friend near NYC sent me this (not the not to be spoken one).

» YouTube video

First time I see someone publish a video showing a picture

#23230 2 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

First time I see someone publish a video showing a picture

Back to dialog about food

P.s... most of the internet doesn't visit pinside.

#23231 2 years ago

Then there's JPop's playfield replacement program. He sends you an empty box, you put another $20K cash in it and your playfield shows up sometime in 2031.

#23232 2 years ago

Any word on the actual court date?

#23233 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

The "first in line, first in right" rule only applies if a creditor is secured (i.e., the creditor has a lien on specific assets). Most of the creditors here are unsecured.

My post had zero to do with any bankruptcy law. It was an opinion regarding the supposed outrage at MG buyers because they actually got their pins and RAZA/AIW buyers have not. People are implying that MB buyers stole money from RAZA/AIW buyers because they (RAZA/AIW buyers) "funded" the MG pins.

My reference to MG buyers were always going to get their pins first was a simple statement about how, in the normal course of business, they were, in fact, always going to get their pins first. And that's exactly what happened.

MG buyers aren't the bad guys here...and I don't understand why so many people here are acting like they are.

#23234 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My post had zero to do with any bankruptcy law. It was an opinion regarding the supposed outrage at MG buyers because they actually got their pins and RAZA/AIW buyers have not. People are implying that MB buyers stole money from RAZA/AIW buyers because they (RAZA/AIW buyers) "funded" the MG pins.
My reference to MG buyers were always going to get their pins first was a simple statement about how, in the normal course of business, they were, in fact, always going to get their pins first. And that's exactly what happened.
MG buyers aren't the bad guys here...and I don't understand why so many people here are acting like they are.

No, they are not the bad guys...but it's painfully obvious these few MG games were cobbled together with haste to avoid the lawsuit hammer. Things aren't even hooked up to work on these games. Complete assemblies and parts are missing. They aren't completed games. It's JPOP squirming out of trouble. The worst part is that JPOP probably now feels great that his games are selling for the prices they appear to be selling for. That narcissist is stroking his ego over it...guaranteed. Meanwhile, people like applejuice and Zombieyeti are out dough, vendors are out dough, RAZA/AIW buyers are out dough. It seems wrong that these sham, lawsuit avoiding machines are privately reaping profits when so many are out money.

It's never been about people thinking MG owners are a-holes. It's about a failed Zidware and liquidating all their assets now. These are not completed games. They're bullshit boxes of lights thrown together so that weasel can walk from a few lawsuits.

#23235 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The worst part is that JPOP probably now feels great that his games are selling for the prices they appear to be selling for.

Do we know what they are selling for now? I've not heard of any sales since the first one that sold a couple days after it was delivered. How many have changed hands now in total? Just curious.

#23236 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do we know what they are selling for now? I've not heard of any sales since the first one that sold a couple days after it was delivered. How many have changed hands now in total? Just curious.

And who is going to boast on here how much they paid for these games? It just makes you a lightning rod..

#23237 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And who is going to boast on here how much they paid for these games? It just makes you a lightning rod..

I kinda feel like what's the point of buying one of these games if nobody knows about it?

#23238 2 years ago

Hard to believe that not everyone wants drama. <-- Does this emoji work for sarcasm?

#23239 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That one...1 lucky guy and a stupid rich guy made a deal

#23240 2 years ago

Anyone got an extra ramp for our buddy? He seems to have played 700+ games and broke his ramp

I would assume that breakage that soon would be under warranty, but......t

#23241 2 years ago

edited, post in wrong thread

#23242 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Anyone got an extra ramp for our buddy? He seems to have played 700+ games and broke his ramp
I would assume that breakage that soon would be under warranty, but......t

We're working on getting spare parts e.t.c.

Currently JPop is in Canada with his mom who has a terminal illness. His mind is clearly not on supporting MG's right now.

I'm definitely NOT making excuses for the guy, especially given his history, but I think all of us can sympathize with what it's like to deal with a parent who is close to passing away.

1 week later
#23243 2 years ago

The short version of this topic in case you don't feel like reading 465 pages.
Made a easy to understand comic:

IMG_4211 (resized).JPG

#23244 2 years ago

John after 4 years:

IMG_4217 (resized).JPG

#23245 2 years ago

IMG_4218 (resized).JPG

#23246 2 years ago

IMG_4228 (resized).JPG

#23247 2 years ago

John trying to save the show:

IMG_4221 (resized).JPG

#23248 2 years ago

John trying to make the playfield people ask for

IMG_4230 (resized).JPG

#23249 2 years ago

John asking for help

IMG_4233 (resized).JPG

#23250 2 years ago

IMG_4226 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Olathe, KS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 465 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside