(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 448 of 491.
#22351 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I had an interesting thought too today...what if it gets build?

Alice in Wonderland is not licensed IP by anyone, it is open IP (some interpretations of it are licensed like the two Disney movies). If pinball stays popular for awhile someone will eventually do the theme but it won't be Zidware in my estimation.

When Lawlor signed up to do the unlicensed game with JJP I was really hoping it would be either Alice or King Author (neither require a license but have easy to recognize IP).

#22352 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Trying to dump it before everyone knows it's just a box of blinking lights with bolted-on flippers.
With the recent death of Bill Paxton (Game Over Man), I'd put my money on Bill Paxton pinball. It's much rarer, works 100%, and everything skyrockets posthumously.

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knows exactly what this game is at this point. I doubt some civilian is gonna just stumble upon that auction and buy it for $20K +.

I think this thing will sell and the seller will profit handsomly. There's a couple "MG wanted" posts here.

#22353 7 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

If applejuice can make progress on the code, I'm grateful, and will contribute any way I can.

I have been thinking for awhile wishing that YOU had bought one of these MG's, because I knew you could solve a lot of problems. Now that I see you have one, I have every confidence you can bring those mechs to life!!!

Mike in Kentucky

#22354 7 years ago

Well there is one bid on EBay...I will be watching to see what it goes for.

#22355 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Doesn't EBay take 10% of what an item sales for?

10% of the total amount of the sale

Maximum fee is $750

#22356 7 years ago

Benchmark price on a sold Magic Girl is currently $23,000.00

#22357 7 years ago

It's a shame people willing to buy
And pay Such money for a rip off artist machine

#22358 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

"Past performance is not an indicator of future results"

#22359 7 years ago

#22360 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alice in Wonderland is not licensed IP by anyone, it is open IP (some interpretations of it are licensed like the two Disney movies). If pinball stays popular for awhile someone will eventually do the theme but it won't be Zidware in my estimation.
When Lawlor signed up to do the unlicensed game with JJP I was really hoping it would be either Alice or King Author (neither require a license but have easy to recognize IP).

Yeah that would rock.

#22361 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Star Wars, Tron VE, Dialed In, and maybe Iron Maiden?

Don't forget Pulp Fiction. And maybe another Kamikow boutique run, expo announcement?

#22362 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

at $20k starting bid? no, it won't sell. too soon.

Well, it has a bid already!

#22363 7 years ago

K looks like a happy camper at $23k. Kim should def be a happy camper!

Why would Rob sell it on ebay and take the hit on the fee? Seems like he should have tried here first or Mr. Pinball.

#22364 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Lets just say... I am from MO.

#22365 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I know of three sales personally. This is by far the low end.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#22366 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

King Author would need a license for any of his books or movies. Christine, Creepshow, Misery, so many possibilities from his body of work.

#22367 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I don't think it will sell at $20k

There is already 1 bid at $20k

#22368 7 years ago

Stern is probably watching this thinking "wow, the worse a game is.. the more its worth! we're doing it all wrong!"

#22369 7 years ago

Or how bad do you feel for the guy behind WOOLY? Scraps together for years... builds.. what.. 5 games? And is largely overlooked.. JPOP creates a jFlop... people are willing to throw money at each other just to say they have one.

Unfreaking believable and a bizzaro world we live in.

#22370 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thank you for the confirmation.

#22371 7 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I know of three sales personally. This is by far the low end.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

interesting to know. Thanks for confirmation Rob! Glad to see you got yours and hope it has enough there that you can make it shine.

#22372 7 years ago

bm 66 sle with shitty code looks like a bargain now!

#22373 7 years ago

I know of one personally that sold in the last few days for far north of 30k...
I wouldn't be surprised to see this eBay auction go much much higher.

#22374 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or how bad do you feel for the guy behind WOOLY? Scraps together for years... builds.. what.. 5 games? And is largely overlooked.. JPOP creates a jFlop... people are willing to throw money at each other just to say they have one.
Unfreaking believable and a bizzaro world we live in.

It's really not as bizarre as some people are making it out to be. Anyone who has downloaded Pinball Arcade has played a JPOP pin. He is well known. That's why people throw money at him.

#22375 7 years ago

Why does this game have any value at all outside of maybe the scrap value?

It's not the completed game that buyers were promised. I don't see how it's a "great story" like K-Dizzle keeps blabbering on about... it's a rip-off scam without a happy ending where the con-artist released a barely functioning prototype in an attempt to avoid legal prosecution. It's possible that community members, owners and Jim/Applejuice/sauce could spend time and effort to improve it's play-ability. At that point though, how much of the game is a JPop game versus a community-built homebrew pin? Sure Jim/AJ/AS could write more code for it, but at what point is he made whole along with all the others who were ripped off by JPop? Who cares about "nice art" (which is subjective, and discounts all the great pins out there with "nice art" that are much less than $16,000), when it's not even something you'd want to turn on and play to satisfy your desire to flip?

Missing code is bad enough, I hope it doesn't set a new industry standard for releasing unfinished pins without working mechs.

#22376 7 years ago

Let Ebay temperatures sizzle for non believers that did not understand the market.

"Gotta ride the pinball hype train, choo choo!"

#22377 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

It's really not as bizarre as some people are making it out to be. Anyone who has downloaded Pinball Arcade has played a JPOP pin. He is well known. That's why people throw money at him.

I'd agree with that.. if it were 2011/2012... but it's 2017 and we know what is at stake now.

#22378 7 years ago

And you wonder why I say we haven't seen the end Jpop.

Deposits for Hot bowling witches pin soon. $20k deposit, $40k price tag.

A run of 20 pins that won't work either but they will look great!

#22379 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Eventually

alice in wonderland (resized).jpgalice in wonderland (resized).jpg

#22380 7 years ago

This really just opens up the door for the next sham pinball company.. when people see people selling MagicGirl for many thousands more than they put out.. every Tom Dick and Harry is going to throw money at a project hoping for a payoff... no matter how sketchy it is.

#22381 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This really just opens up the door for the next sham pinball company.. when people see people selling MagicGirl for many thousands more than they put out.. every Tom Dick and Harry is going to throw money at a project hoping for a payoff... no matter how sketchy it is.

I disagree.....lol!

No way. No one is going to put any money in a pre-order at this point on a start-up unless it's a nominal deposit. Like $250 or less. Even then, probably not.

#22382 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Business plan:
1. Don't have ANY operating capital. That's 100% covered in pre-orders.
2. Announce pin
3. Get preorder cash
4. Stop communicating
5. As for actually building the pin, ur, um,, ahh.. *car door slams* *sound car speeding away*

#22383 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'd agree with that.. if it were 2011/2012... but it's 2017 and we know what is at stake now.

"We" =/= everyone who buys pinball machines.

Most people I know with collections hate the internet in general, much less us bickering bozos on Pinside.

When you look at the history of TOTAN on Pinball Arcade, it doesn't include how JPOP can't work unsupervised.

#22384 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I disagree.....lol!
No way. No one is going to put any money in a pre-order at this point on a start-up unless it's a nominal deposit. Like $250 or less. Even then, probably not.

I respectfully disagree. WC Fields said something, can't quite remember what it was...

#22385 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I respectfully disagree. WC Fields said something, can't quite remember what it was...

Any man who hates dogs and babies can't be all bad?

#22386 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

WC Fields said something, can't quite remember what it was...

"A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money"

"If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There’s no point in being a damn fool about it"

"Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill."

"It’s morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money."

#22387 7 years ago

I bet the ebay auction fills JPop with confidence. He can squeeze out a couple RAZAs and AIWs to fulfill preorders and he's out of legal trouble. He could act like this was his plan all along and the legal dispute was unnecessary worrying by the buyers.

#22388 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The sad thing is, at $1,000,000 spent on delivering these 25 Magic Girls, since no RAZA or AIW customers will ever see a game, then it works out to $40k COST per machine.

Well, all these observations about how right now, the secondary market is determining the true value of the limited run of MG pins to 'collectors' certainly makes you wonder what JPOP could have raised by auctioning off the machines and then distributing the monies amongst all the creditors (customers, vendors, Pintasia, etc.) as I imagine the courts might have compelled him to do if he was forced into bankruptcy prior to last week.

Similarly, we know that one Pinsider who is an attorney was suggesting that the creditors all get together and agree on an amicable split.

It seems like using Frolic's math, recapturing a good deal of that $1MM wouldn't have been completely out of the question if pins are selling anywhere close to $40k each.

Now it's surely too late. With all that's left of Zidware now, after the games have left, it'd be like dividing up a sack of beans.

#22389 7 years ago

Pretty good read to go back and read the blog
https://magicgirldev.wordpress.com/page/11/

#22390 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I know of one personally that sold in the last few days for far north of 30k...
I wouldn't be surprised to see this eBay auction go much much higher.

fattrain, you also claimed the original sold to Chris for 24k...

You are being quite transparent here I will say.

Not your typical style.

#22391 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knows exactly what this game is at this point. I doubt some civilian is gonna just stumble upon that auction and buy it for $20K +.
I think this thing will sell and the seller will profit handsomly. There's a couple "MG wanted" posts here.

A year from now, 20K will seem like a steal. I bet this will go much further north that 20 big ones.

#22392 7 years ago

Don't understand why everyone is so shocked about this game's resale value.

This is the same hobby where a repro BBB goes for 20k and there's 175 (ish) of them. Do the original 10 ever change hands?

Also the same hobby where 80 people couldn't give Stern 15k fast enough for BM66SLE.

Let's face it, pre-orders are a lottery - and the MG owners just won.

#22393 7 years ago

#22394 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

fattrain, you also claimed the original sold to Chris for 24k...
You are being quite transparent here I will say.
Not your typical style.

I'm not typically transparent? Ummmm.... what?

I'm pretty sure I've been nothing but a positive good pinsider here since day 1 but if anyone thinks of less of me I encourage them to speak up.

#22395 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This is the same hobby where a repro BBB goes for 20k and there's 175 (ish) of them. Do the original 10 ever change hands?
Also the same hobby where 80 people couldn't give Stern 15k fast enough for BM66SLE.

yeah they won a piece of shit that barely plays.

#22396 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

the MG owners just won

Mayyybe.. If you figure $16k at 4% interest, that's $20k in 6 years... So everyone made the same as putting it into a CD bond (unless of course the value exceeds $20k).

#22397 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

... Let's face it, pre-orders are a lottery - and the MG owners just won.

If they sell the game.

I'm sorry, but anyone who owns one of these next year either foolishly paid a lot for junk or foolishly should have sold it while the crazy frenzy was happening (now).

#22398 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think it is because most of us buy pinball to play it rather than mainly look at it. Also, this game makes me a little more sick each time I see details of the delivered game and how it is lacking mechs and code. I personally would not want the daily reminder of this heartache staring me in the face every time I walk up to my games.

#22399 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah they won a piece of shit that barely plays.

And a lottery built on other people's money

I'll never understand the "investment" mode of a pinball machine

I'd rather win the Apple stock lottery like I have and use proceeds to buy pins I like to play

I'm thinking a nice restored CCC sounds pretty good right now

#22400 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I'm not typically transparent? Ummmm.... what?
I'm pretty sure I've been nothing but a positive good pinsider here since day 1 but if anyone thinks of less of me I encourage them to speak up.

You are of course right. You're a model Pinsider.

I'm going to give Hilton the benefit of the doubt and assume he means most people with uber high end collections like you are not transparent and you are one of the exceptions, and that he just worded this belief in an awkward way? I dunno...comment seemed out of place otherwise if it was a personal target on you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 448 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/448 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.