(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 445 of 491.
#22201 7 years ago

Jpop finally emailed me documents.

#22202 7 years ago

The latest updates on the rules doc is updated onto http://magicgirlcode.org/features.jsp

I've had enough for now of going through old files and documents, so this is pretty much complete as i left the code

Not much more i can provide now until i have a game in front of me to see what sort of job jpop did putting these things together.

Kind of pissed that he didn't put the hare magnet in (amongst other things...) That was one of my favourite features.. When i get a game myself that is job one, reinstall hare magnet.

#22203 7 years ago

Would also still like to know if the ramp locks for multiball are working. See rules

And the software revision number - displayed when you open the coin door or in the service menu (system menu i think)

#22204 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What did AP's setup look like? I haven't seen anyone post any pics yet. It would be cool to see a factory tour.

I saw the gang from American Pinball, The place is really small so bet they only have enough room there to do a couple proto types.
I was wrong earlier I recieved games #08 and #011

#22205 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

If you manage to get hold of Jpop then you are doing better than i have. Also remind him or scott there should be 2 not 1 games coming to the UK...

I've texted Jpop on your behalf and will email you his response...

Blokes United!

#22206 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nope, it's Jpop's voice and the pretentious prick recorded it. I've listen to it at least 6 gazillion times.

....just wow.

#22207 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

if you have the airwaybill number you can submit your own invoice for shipping.

https://invoice-generator.com/

#22208 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Would also still like to know if the ramp locks for multiball are working. See rules
And the software revision number - displayed when you open the coin door or in the service menu (system menu i think)

Were you able to ascertain the switches needed to light the right orbit letters?

#22209 7 years ago

Wait so is this for the MG owners such that it fulfills their obligation? Or is this a new release of MG from AP?

#22210 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll sum it up for you Ted....
... Done, drop the mic, Jpop

Ice, ya just about got that right. But it isn't 'drop the mic.'

Jpop would show up with a guy named Mike, and drop him.

#22211 7 years ago

"It is my understanding that the extra flipper button on the left is there since the hole was put into the cabinet by mistake, so, it is not supposed to be wired."

Ha! So you know!

#22212 7 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Ice, ya just about got that right. But it isn't 'drop the mic.'
Jpop would show up with a guy named Mike, and drop him.

Oh that is a good one man..

#22213 7 years ago

Ok, so the bloom is about to die very quickly off of this rose.

It will fade into nobody really cares oblivion over time.

Applejuice and Yeti deserve games and won't get them sadly.

Raza and Aiw projects are all over but the crying.

So what? Onward and upward. Time to bury the dead, all they do is stink up the joint. Coghlan's law.

#22214 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Total and complete bullshit.

I will respectfully disagree!

#22215 7 years ago
Quoted from AtomicChuck:

I saw the gang from American Pinball, The place is really small so bet they only have enough room there to do a couple proto types.
I was wrong earlier I recieved games #08 and #011

Chuck, is there any chance you will put one out for play?

#22216 7 years ago

Were Yeti and Applejuice just left off the list of preorders? Did JPop sell their games? How do they know a game's not coming? Did AP tell them?

I got kind of curious. With such a small batch of games, you would think no one would be left off the list. Surely it wasn't some sort of payback.

#22217 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Jpop finally emailed me documents after I threatened him with Chicago PD. What a guy.

Apparently only threatening legal action makes this guy do *anything*. Finish anything (if you can call this "finished"), produce anything, politely respond to someone, etc.

Too bad he can't be threatened into manning up and offering an actual apology to those he screwed. Real class act.

#22218 7 years ago

I had rabbit 004 I wonder who got mine. I felt lucky to get a partial refund but ne er dud the full amount. So glad to guys are getting yours but that money I need to reopen the drive in movie theatre and on March10 this will start the 4th season of the new digital format vs 35mm used for decades. Please send me some pics of the lucky person if possible.

#22219 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I had rabbit 004 I wonder who got mine. I felt lucky to get a partial refund but ne er dud the full amount. So glad to guys are getting yours but that money I need to reopen the drive in movie theatre and on March10 this will start the 4th season of the new digital format vs 35mm used for decades. Please send me some pics of the lucky person if possible.

Glad you survived the switchover. I know it spelled doom for many others in your position. Has it been four years already?

#22220 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Oh wow...just wow..
Is that a laser cut lightning bolt on that playfield support?
Nice touch! but the magna flippers don't work!?
What the F.

Yikes. Don't put your finger in there when the play field slides back into the cabinet unless you want one less finger.

#22221 7 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

I will respectfully disagree!

(sigh, here we go)

You're late to the party Marlboroman. But you have an agenda so lets play.

Here is the basic criteria of what I was calling complete bullshit. About five months ago, I was falsely accused of being a shill for American Pinball. I was falsely accused of using my position as the owners group liaison to sell my Magic Girl spot.
Now 4 days ago, Iceman, who said all of this, came forward and admitted none of it was true, he has publicly apologized and I have been vindicated.

I will advise you, Marlboroman, that none of this has anything to do with our failed negotiations for you to buy my MG spot **TWO YEARS AGO**.

I'll make popcorn for everyone while you compose your reply.

#22222 7 years ago

In my opinion these games are not any more "finished" than what was shown at the Seattle show when one was there. Lots of stuff not in the game, lots not connected, lots not programmed.

Add to that, again IMHO, American Pinball has done a great job putting together their first pinball build, but really need a lot more pinball building under their belt. Or, at least someone with a lot of experience to help guide them. Lots of miswired switches, incorrectly wired coils, etc.

I seriously doubt any of these games will play, even to their current level of completeness, without lots of tweaking and correcting of assembly mistakes.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#22223 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

"There is no doubt in my mind that the man means well"
Might want to do some more research on the subject!
"if John Popaduik would appear on this thread and just explain stuff."
Here you go, clear as mud!

I have listened to Jpop's interview on c2c
I agree he is too scatterbrained to understand. I had to turn off the episode to be honest. I guess I should qualify my statement that it would be cool if a coherant Jpop would come forward and enter this discussion.
I do stand by my statement that the man means well.

#22224 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here is the basic criteria of what I was calling complete bullshit. About five months ago, I was falsely accused of being a shill for American Pinball. I was falsely accused of using my position as the owners group liaison to sell my Magic Girl spot.
Now, 4 days ago the person who said all of this came forward and admitted none of it was true, he has publicly apologized and I have been vindicated.

I never claimed you were a shill nor used your owners group liaison spot to sell your game.

I merely (incorrectly) thought you had posted that you were selling your spot. It was infact iceman that posted Mr68 was selling his spot. Icemans posts were later deleted. I have attempted to apologize for this mistake.

I hope you can accept my apology.

#22225 7 years ago

Can someone please explain what these MG pins are? Are they fulfillment of Jpop contract or are they something else?

#22226 7 years ago

They are attempted fulfilment of the original Magic Girl orders, which were made with Zidware Inc from approx Aug 2011 onwards.

#22227 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

They are attempted fulfilment of the original Magic Girl orders, which were made with Zidware Inc from approx Aug 2011 onwards.

So are owners expected to pay $16K for one (less credit what they paid already)?

Game is nice looking but gameplay looks meh and the display is hidden behind the PF features, who thought that was a good idea?

#22228 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So are owners expected to pay $16K for one (less credit what they paid already)?
Game is nice looking but gameplay looks meh and the display is hidden behind the PF features, who thought that was a good idea?

All MGs are fully paid.

#22229 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I never claimed you were a shill nor used your owners group liaison spot to sell your game.
I merely (incorrectly) thought you had posted that you were selling your spot. It was infact iceman that posted Mr68 was selling his spot. Icemans posts were later deleted. I have attempted to apologize for this mistake.
I hope you can accept my apology.

Agreed, it was Iceman that said those things. My comment above has been edited to reflect that. I understand what you are saying Whysnow.

I'm melting butter right now for that popcorn....

#22230 7 years ago

Well, after finally getting the paperwork late Friday, the shipper did an amazing job in arranging for a prompt flight. My MG touches down at Heathrow early hours of 28th, and I hope to have it in the house on 28th or 29th. Bloody marvellous

I'm now deciding how to move machines around to make some space, heh.

#22231 7 years ago

New YouTube up from Chris. Thanks again.
He's having a good time making videos at least

#22232 7 years ago

MAGIC GIRL: What it does and doesn't do…..VIDEO

#22233 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

» YouTube video

It's actually a good video.

#22234 7 years ago

Wow, what is revealed as missing in the game is a sad conclusion to this opus.

We already know that John intentionally would not include an auto ball launch, so you couldn't even hack the code to do some sort of virtual ball lock for a multiball.

So this thing really is a flipping box of lights with barely any game.

#22235 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

» YouTube video

Fantastic video! It broke my heart, but it was fantastic to watch.

#22236 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Fantastic video! It broke my heart, but it was fantastic to watch.

More like broke some wallets.

#22237 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

» YouTube video

I will be on Chris's "internet show" tomorrow. Any more questions for Special K, please PM me and I will possibly ask him.

#22238 7 years ago

Won't be long before K can sell his game and recoup his publicity investment. It was a cost effective move for him

#22239 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

More like broke some wallets.

I've been poor / lower class pretty much all of my life. I can only dream of giving someone $12k to make a pinball machine, sight unseen. So I can only really imagine how much it sucks to have paid all that and have gotten... this.

The thing that breaks my heart is that I'm a total JPOP fanboy and I really, really, hope against hope, was hoping he would come through in the end. But that video makes it clear, this whole thing is a shitty rush job. The magna save is now a piece of plastic?!?! So no multi ball?!? I can taste metal, I'm so furious.

#22240 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Won't be long before K can sell his game and recoup his publicity investment. It was a cost effective move for him

Once word gets around how it plays, you think anyone is going to pay even a quarter of what he did?

#22241 7 years ago

Batman SLE starts to look cheap after this!

#22242 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Once word gets around how it plays, you think anyone is going to pay even a quarter of what he did?

Yes, with the story that comes with it those machines have value. The collector community loves items like this in these numbers.

I don't pretend to predict the market on these games in 12 months or 36 months, but I certainly don't see it being below what the owners paid.

First of all there are not many of them out there so you have to find someone willing to sell it. The price will be the minimum price (or something close to it) that is will take for a seller to part with it. If there are two collector bidders the price could get really high. There will be so few sales that one high sale will cement the value in the owners eyes and they won't take less than the first high sale value.

Everyone who could afford the 16k on the game, can afford to let it sit in a box in their house or storage unit for five years and not sell it at a 75% loss ever, so it will never sell for 4K...ever.

#22243 7 years ago

A box of pretty lights is better than a box of air. Kudos definitely go to everyone involved in getting owners their games. I'm very happy to finally have mine.

I think if applejuice is willing to continue with programming, a decent game can be made.

Right now it's a beautiful piece of artwork, and a gorgeous piece of pinball history, with one hell of a story to go along with it.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#22244 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wow, what is revealed as missing in the game is a sad conclusion to this opus.
We already know that John intentionally would not include an auto ball launch, so you couldn't even hack the code to do some sort of virtual ball lock for a multiball.
So this thing really is a flipping box of lights with barely any game.

A scammer trying anything to stay out of prison released a scam game. Stop the presses!

#22245 7 years ago

I'm just an innocent bystander in all this. But I think there may be more there than K realizes. And he admits this much in the video. But he just doesn't seem very thorough in attempting test what's working and what isn't. I mean he didn't know where the kings chamber was. I know nothing about this pin. But wouldn't it be the box like thing with the bearded dude on it? And maybe it isn't, but at least throw the ball around a little and find out.

IMG_1687 (resized).PNGIMG_1687 (resized).PNG

#22246 7 years ago

One of Kaneda's best videos.

Boy, this game could have been off the charts good but we all know what happened.

Still, new code with existing mechs and it could still be a cracking, rare game.

#22247 7 years ago

Thanks again to Kaneda for posting another video.

#22248 7 years ago

Hopefully a few other owners will chime in eventually….

#22249 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Is it just me, or does it drive anyone else up the wall when people refer to their phone as their I-phone? Like I never would say "Hey, thanks for calling David's droid turbo, please leave a message!". Its a phone dude, no need to be specific about the make.

I just thing a lot of people don't know about the technology.

-sent from my iPhone

#22250 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

It's actually a good video.

Agreed, contrary to my expectations, these MG videos have been surprisingly tolerable .

That doesn't pardon his past actions or somehow explain away how he has managed to be (reportedly) banned from so many online communities... but it is a good reminder how complicated people are. Honestly just by watching the videos he seems like a pretty cool guy to chill with.

Everything's upside down now, Reality TV POTUS, MG shipped, and I want to chill with K.

I need to go wash myself now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 445 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/445 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.