(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 440 of 491.
#21951 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Apparently you do.

I think of it as outsourcing the job of keeping up to date on Pinside, so I can spend more time arguing with people on Reddit.

multitasking (resized).jpgmultitasking (resized).jpg

#21952 7 years ago

I recall nails on a chalkboard being more palatable than listening to not to be mentioned's podcasts.

#21953 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

haha, yes. absolutely. hell, he spent $60k on a Hellcat for more or less the same purpose.

This is ridiculous.

The simple truth of the matter is that most people, yourself included, buy a muscle car, at least in part, to be "noticed."

#21954 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I recall nails on a chalkboard being more palatable than listening to not to be mentioned's podcasts.

I'm just marveling at the guy's expertise in getting even the smart people around here to talk about him.

Point conceded, Chris in New York

#21955 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I'm just marveling at the guy's expertise in getting even the smart people around here to talk about him.

I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you very much, my good man!

#21956 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is ridiculous.
The simple truth of the matter is that most people, yourself included, buy a muscle car, at least in part, to be "noticed."

....or they just want a faster vehicle. We're on the forums where LE chest beating is common.

#21957 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

You do know that John is not the artist, correct? I mean, it's only been said here about 100 times. Zombie Yeti is the artist - and if you look back you will see that he was not compensated completely for his contribution. Oh, and if you want to see more of his work - check out Ghostbusters.

If you had listened to the last podcast, K interviewed Matt Andrews who did the cabinet artwork for MG.

#21958 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

You do know that John is not the artist, correct? I mean, it's only been said here about 100 times. Zombie Yeti is the artist - and if you look back you will see that he was not compensated completely for his contribution. Oh, and if you want to see more of his work - check out Ghostbusters.

Yes. That's why I was surprised to learn Matt Andrews was hired as well and was completely compensated for his work.

#21959 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

4 pages later, and you guys are still going at that?
I can't speak for everyone, but holy cow, take it to PM. Let folks talk about MG here.

IMG_6559 (resized).PNGIMG_6559 (resized).PNG

#21960 7 years ago

Wow, I had never ever heard that Special K was offensive.

My simple take on the matter.

K is narcissistic - observation.

Narcissists have a desire to be special.

Special K by default.

Back to MG!

#21961 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

....or they just want a faster vehicle. We're on the forums where LE chest beating is common.

Anyone who gets their thrills by driving 130 mph on a public road, where other drivers' lives are needlessly put in danger, is acting like a huge douche.

#21962 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Anyone who gets their thrills by driving 130 mph on a public road, where other drivers' lives are needlessly put in danger, is acting like a huge douche.

I'm taking it you've never driven the Autobahn before.

#21963 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It was meant as a dig at he-who-shall-not-be-named and the perception that he went way outside the norm to get some attention.

BINGO!!! We have a winner!

#21964 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Let's have a contest! The first person (after this post) to mention Kaneda in any form or nickname shall donate $20 to Pinside......

#21965 7 years ago

You just lost Ted, pony up.

#21966 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You just lost Ted, pony up.

I said AFTER my post...

#21967 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it's not the people bashing him giving him attention. he spent thousands of dollars and a fair amount of effort pretty much for the sole purpose of getting himself mentioned on Pinside.

Yea, so stop mentioning him already and talk about the game.

Y'all are hopeless

#21968 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I said AFTER my post...

Self imposed rules....I see.

#21969 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yea, so stop mentioning him already and talk about the game.
Y'all are hopeless

The problem is Special K is the only one really sharing the actual info of the finished product, Magic Girl. It's hard not to mention him. Like him or not, he DOES have the goods that we speak of.

#21970 7 years ago

^ owes $20 to Pinside

#21972 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

is making a bigger stretch than applying Special K to, well, Special K as it is known today...a slang name for ketamine

Didn't know that.. I don't keep up on drug terms.

Now y'all got the freakin mods going on this cereal/kaneda thing instead of the game. Chris owns all of you, best 20K he ever spent lol

#21973 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

^ owes $20 to Pinside

Nice try Ted but I don't read threads backwards

#21974 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

^ owes $20 to Pinside

Do they take coupons? I have about $20 worth for some cans of Folgers coffee.

#21975 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

The problem is Special K is the only one really sharing the actual info of the finished product, Magic Girl. It's hard not to mention him. Like him or not, he DOES have the goods that we speak of.

So how hard is it to talk about the goods and not the messenger?

When folks talk about the news, they talk about the news and not about the news anchor...

#21976 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

no, i don't think you intended to insult special needs kids. you intended to take a little jab at Kaneda. i'm simply trying to point out the (unintentional) collateral damage...

Good God, you're the same guy that made a fuss because you (incorrectly!) thought calling someone a pussy would refer to female genitalia while you were calling people "dicks" which does refer to male genitalia, right?

Have you not proven often enough to have very limited linguistic sensitiveness.

How twisted does one have to be to think of special needs children when reading "special k"? Weird. Just really really weird.

#21977 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Do they take coupons? I have about $20 worth for some cans of Folgers coffee.

Those are only legal tender in the TBL implosion thread. 20 of these would be better:

SK (resized).jpgSK (resized).jpg

#21978 7 years ago

I had to......

coupon (resized).jpgcoupon (resized).jpg

#21979 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Didn't know that.. I don't keep up on drug terms.
Now y'all got the freakin mods going on this cereal/kaneda thing instead of the game. Chris owns all of you, best 20K he ever spent lol

Yeah, we are getting.....

2008_bitch_slap_wallpaper_005 (resized).jpg2008_bitch_slap_wallpaper_005 (resized).jpg

#21980 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

When folks talk about the news, they talk about the news and not about the news anchor...

Usually.

#21981 7 years ago

i have been warned to stop posting about this, so i expect to receive a permanent thread eject (at least) for this post. i'm willfully ignoring a moderator request -- it's the first time i've done so on purpose and it makes me sad, i like and respect the staff around here. i do hope the post does not get deleted, though. please scroll past this comment if you're uninterested in the subject. it will no doubt be the last one you have to endure from me on this topic.

Quoted from vdojaq:

If you are intelligent enough to rationalize that I have no intentions to demean ANYONE who is characterized as a special needs child, then you a certainly able to realize that there is no collateral damage being caused here.

i'm trying to explain it as non-confrontationally as i know how. lack of intent does not mean you aren't doing harm. you get that, right? people cause harm accidentally all the time. i said it was inadvertent on your part. i'm not attacking you. it's no big deal and it's trivial to let it go and forgive as long as the harm doesn't keep happening over and over. at some point, though, if it keeps happening, it ceases being an accident, and crosses into being willfully careless. i think what's happening though is you're taking my comments personally, and you feel like defending your nickname is the same as defending yourself.

and i guess i should re-iterate it's not me or any other "snowflake" who is the victim here. my concern is kids who find themselves routinely stigmatized as inferior all the time, because they have physical disabilities, or emotional / behavioral / learning difficulties. (insert helen lovejoy jpg here).

Quoted from ChrisVW:

Are you referring to inclusion programs and academic services for exceptional student education?

Quoted from TigerLaw:

(I'm not even sure that term is even used to described that sector of a student body anymore...nor has it for some time...at least fifteen years).

no, "special needs" and "special education" are programs designed to assist children with physical disabilities, or emotional / behavioral / learning difficulties, and these terms are absolutely used all the time today. for example, here are the Special Needs and Special Ed homepages for my county:

https://www.pwcs.edu/academics___programs/special_education
http://www.edlinesites.net/pages/Prince_William_County_PS/DPO/FinanceSupportSvs/Transportation/Operations/Special_Needs_Services__Indepe

Quoted from vdojaq:

And just because it has been explained, doesn't mean I have to accept it. I disagree with the explanations, and choose to continue on as I have been. If people are outraged over the term Special K, I would hate to have seen all of the uproar if I had called him Fruit Loops.

multiple posters, some doing so very respectfully, asked you politely to stop doing something they believe is hurtful. i've done my best not be insulting, but if i failed at that, there are certainly others who made very respectful requests. i'm not sure what about online interaction short-circuits peoples' normal human empathy, but your umbrage and defiance after being asked politely to try calling him something else is not something i believe you would do in a face to face conversation.

#21982 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So how hard is it to talk about the goods and not the messenger?

Exactly, but an anchor doesn't make a quote without crediting the person who made said quote.

#21983 7 years ago

My #1 rule for Pinside is "Be ok with someone else having the last word".

Cuts the shit by 99%.

#21984 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Cuts the shit by 99%.

This rule also works surprisingly well in the analog world.

#21985 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Cuts the shit by 99%.

Rule #16 for me... if frolic posts about #TWDLE or #Full Throttle, give immediate upvote.

#21986 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Those are only legal tender in the TBL implosion thread. 20 of these would be better:

You know Save On Foods is a Kanadian company right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Save-On-Foods

086f239f6b787b0933216186190a9aa6f101c8ce (resized).jpg086f239f6b787b0933216186190a9aa6f101c8ce (resized).jpg

#21987 7 years ago

Thread is now Officially ......

---John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW, HOUDINI…..KANEDA---

#21988 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i have been warned to stop posting about this, so i expect to receive a permanent thread eject (at least) for this post. i'm willfully ignoring a moderator request -- it's the first time i've done so on purpose and it makes me sad, i like and respect the staff around here. i do hope the post does not get deleted, though. please scroll past this comment if you're uninterested in the subject. it will no doubt be the last one you have to endure from me on this topic.
for the record i do not see why other people are allowed to go on for page after page taking personal swipes at me, but i've been barred from responding.

i'm trying to explain it as non-confrontationally as i know how. lack of intent does not mean you aren't doing harm. you get that, right? people cause harm accidentally all the time. i said it was inadvertent on your part. i'm not attacking you. it's no big deal and it's trivial to let it go and forgive as long as the harm doesn't keep happening over and over. at some point, though, if it keeps happening, it ceases being an accident, and crosses into being willfully careless. i think what's happening though is you're taking my comments personally, and you feel like defending your nickname is the same as defending yourself.
and i guess i should re-iterate it's not me or any other "snowflake" who is the victim here. my concern is kids who find themselves routinely stigmatized as inferior all the time, because they have physical disabilities, or emotional / behavioral / learning difficulties. (insert helen lovejoy jpg here).

no, "special needs" and "special education" are programs designed to assist children with physical disabilities, or emotional / behavioral / learning difficulties, and these terms are absolutely used all the time today. for example, here are the Special Needs and Special Ed homepages for my county:
https://www.pwcs.edu/academics___programs/special_education
http://www.edlinesites.net/pages/Prince_William_County_PS/DPO/FinanceSupportSvs/Transportation/Operations/Special_Needs_Services__Indepe

multiple posters, some doing so very respectfully, asked you politely to stop doing something they believe is hurtful. i've done my best not be insulting, but if i failed at that, there are certainly others who made very respectful requests. i'm not sure what about online interaction short-circuits peoples' normal human empathy, but your umbrage and defiance after being asked politely to try calling him something else is not something i believe you would do in a face to face conversation.

I have empathy, lot's of it. Not one of you has any clue as to things I do for the good of my fellow man or animals in need. That being said, it does not polarize me into thinking everything has to be construed as being offensive. What I do not have empathy or patience for is something so trivial and ridiculous. And yes, face to face, my position in -- this -- situation would be no different.

#21989 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i have been warned to stop posting about this, so i expect to receive a permanent thread eject (at least) for this post. i'm willfully ignoring a moderator request -- it's the first time i've done so on purpose and it makes me sad

special (resized).jpgspecial (resized).jpg

#21990 7 years ago

I just spit my iced tea through my nose! OMG that is great!

Thank you for the laugh.

#21991 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Rule #16 for me... if frolic posts about #TWDLE or #Full Throttle, give immediate upvote.

I'm still on the fence about Full Throttle. I have put quite a few games on one. I'm not into the theme and it does not play like games I like or at least that I am used to liking. But I have to admit there is nothing bad about the game. It plays fast and different but not bad. The build quality, flipper strength, different rules . . . I want to like it more. So I am very happy Alien is finally shipping and can't wait to try one.

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to go off topic.

#21992 7 years ago

EDIT: fuck it I quit.

#21993 7 years ago

IMG_2860 (resized).JPGIMG_2860 (resized).JPG

#21994 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'll take my ban too if that's what it takes, vdojaq ruined it for me anyway by continuing to try to make his old-timey posts about how cool he was when he calls his family members retarded.

Once again, someone twisting my words for their personal stature.

#21995 7 years ago

Holy crap y'all. There are about 1400 reports on this thread alone that I'm trying to crawl through, but instead of trying to actually catch up (impossible with the incoming posts) I'm just going to say this and be done:

Play nice, stop with the name calling, stop bickering, and for gosh sake stop giving people who bought themselves some attention even more reason to pat themselves on the back. Robin made an exception for the Magic Girl material to be on this thread despite Voldemort being the one to have it, because it is important to pinball and those trapped in the JPop fiasco. So please discuss the damn game and lay off the ego stroking, trolling, bashing, etc. If you can't do that, there are plenty of other threads to look at and we do have lovely features like "drain" and "ignore user" to make your life better.

#21998 7 years ago

Post Deleted.

Sorry Blondie, I typed while you were scolding,

#21999 7 years ago

Don't make me turn this car around.

#22000 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Don't make me turn this car around.

This is not a cartoon. When the car goes off the cliff you can't turn it around.

(Edit: Post 22,000 and wasn't even trying)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 440 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.