(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 435 of 487.
#21701 3 years ago

wheres_the_trawl (resized).jpg

#21702 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Exactly what I was thinking as I could see him cycling through the modes before starting. So this game may actually not be locked in novice mode after all. Oh, and his owl doesn't look like it's facing backwards to me so I don't get that either?

Yeah, the owl is facing the player...makes sense to me. It would look backwards if it was facing the other way.

#21703 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Oh quite right, I'm just trying to determine the current state of the game - ie. if Jpop loaded older software or modified your work.
I find it hard to believe he could modify your work, but I know if it was me, I'd just want to know what others had in their game.

Should be pretty easy to determine what the games have. Pull the drive out of the machine and make an image, send it out to myself or Applejuice and we'd be able to tell you pretty quickly.

#21704 3 years ago

Easier than that, just hit the service mode from the coin door and see the versions and options.
If you can get into service mode, you'd know right away.

Quoted from Compy:

Should be pretty easy to determine what the games have. Pull the drive out of the machine and make an image, send it out to myself or Applejuice and we'd be able to tell you pretty quickly.

#21705 3 years ago

Easier than that, just hit the service mode from the coin door and see the versions and options.

You always have to do things the easy way...

#21706 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, the owl is facing the player...makes sense to me. It would look backwards if it was facing the other way.

How is this owl facing the player?

pasted_image (resized).png

#21707 3 years ago

What is beyond the spinner shot? How do you get the ball all the way into that upper-tier?

#21708 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Because, it's an actual Owl, very small, shrunken down by a Magic Spell, and it turns it's head almost all the way around, just like most Owls...

Thank you,

Captain Obvious

#21709 3 years ago

I had never seen a MG before but now with K's vids and then seeing a NW video is there a whole bunch of stuff missing and or changed? That CV type ball, the spring head on far right side etc..

Oh that owl, I was looking at the flat plastic.

#21710 3 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Because, it's an actual Owl, very small, shrunken down by a Magic Spell, and it turns it's head almost all the way around, just like most Owls...
Thank you,
Captain Obvious

Oh ok, he has his head turned around, but he is facing the player, but not with his face. Makes sense now. LOL

#21711 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

laughing out loud about the shooter lanes lack of a groove. just insane.

zidware_shooter_repair (resized).jpg

#21712 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

In the video they're showing this while he's talking about the owl facing the wrong way. Didn't realize there was a figurine.

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 12.27.31 PM (resized).png

#21713 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In the video they're showing this while he's talking about the owl facing the wrong way. Didn't realize there was a figurine.

Ah ok yes. I swear I saw a pick a week or so ago that showed the owl figure facing forward. I remember I thought it was cool looking now I cannot find it. Although it looks like the owl is backwards in this gameplay video as well...

#21714 3 years ago

So let me get this straight, john needs 5+ years, a pyramid scheme for the money, to deliver 16 alpha status games that are far from finished and dont even flip correct ? Holy crap, that just sad.

#21715 3 years ago

The evening has ended and you are no further ahead than the last time.

Only thing John got right.

#21716 3 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

So let me get this straight, john needs 5+ years, a pyramid scheme for the money, to deliver 16 alpha status games that are far from finished and dont even flip correct ? Holy crap, that just sad.

There are several homebrew projects on THIS SITE, working off pocket money, that play better than this. I have to admit MG LOOKS pretty, but that does very little for me.

#21717 3 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Yes, and a premium price for the priveledge of it too.

Zidware(tm) pinball: Pinball for the classes, not the masses.

#21718 3 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

You left out "and spent around 1 million dollars".

#21719 3 years ago

You don't even need to do that, just open the coin door, the hv disabled message should come up and you'll get the software revision, and any game errors like stuck/broken switches etc scrolling along the bottom

As shown on the site i put up, the last revision software wise i worked on was :

Software Revision: VERSION 0.7.11
Build Date: 21/05/14

#21720 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Ah ok yes. I swear I saw a pick a week or so ago that showed the owl figure facing forward. I remember I thought it was cool looking now I cannot find it

20170221_155505 (resized).png

#21721 3 years ago

Any owners gonna stream it soon??

Let's have a party!

#21722 3 years ago

Thank you! Where is this pic from?

#21723 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Thank you! Where is this pic from?

It is from the pics on zidware.com

http://www.zidware.com/inventor/magicgirl/images.html

#21724 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My second Facebook account is, Peter Goezinya. - Ladies only please.

Mine is Craven Moorehead.

#21725 3 years ago

So who's having me over to stream this?!

#21726 3 years ago

I don't get why there's so much misinformation and speculation going on here - a bunch of people have gotten the game. Yet none of them are on Pinside and willing to share?

#21727 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I don't get why there's so much misinformation and speculation going on here - a bunch of people have gotten the game. Yet none of them are on Pinside and willing to share?

The owners aren't going to be eager to share how shittily the game is made/designed. That could bring down the value of the game.

Their silence is deafening

#21728 3 years ago

Well, the sooner they speak up, the sooner the problems can be addressed.

From what thin gruel of info we've gotten so far, the game seems fixable.

#21729 3 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

What is beyond the spinner shot? How do you get the ball all the way into that upper-tier?

Ok, I don't mind explaining some things here, as I may expand the rules info on magicgirlcode.org anyway for buyers

The 'upper' playfield was one of my favourite parts to the game. Named the power playfield by me as reference and hat tipping to tz, it is a magna flip playfield that is qualified by successive right loop shots that light the word POWER. See the playfield image to upper rhs. Once qualified a left ramp should divert the ball to the upper playfield instead of up to the left or right exit ramps. Once on the playfield jackpots are scored and advanced by the rear targets

This was what is currently in place on my build. Will be interesting to hear what happens on the games shipped here

Hope this is useful

#21730 3 years ago

Sounds like the one owner we know about isn't happy with the quality of the PF artwork? Says it is "pixelated" for lack of a better word.

Ouch.

If MG being a piece of artwork is the one thing people thought they could rely on (because the way it plays is highly questionable), that is going to be an even bigger slap in the face.

#21731 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

The owners aren't going to be eager to share how shittily the game is made/designed

Upvote for creative adverb usage

#21732 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sounds like the one owner we know about isn't happy with the quality of the PF artwork? Says it is "pixelated" for lack of a better word.

From the close-ups, it looks about 300dpi (ie. you can see the jagged edges of the pixels since it's been converted from Illustrator to Photoshop I guess) and it also looks CMYK printed, instead of screen printed with spot colours. You can tell because you can see the CMYK dots used to mix to make the colours, which is especially noticable at 300dpi.

#21733 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

So who's having me over to stream this?!

You can come to mine to stream it anytime and I can go through all the rules, features, concepts with you.

2 minor stumbling blocks currently.... No game and you need a flight to the uk!!!

#21734 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

a bunch of people have gotten the game. Yet none of them are on Pinside and willing to share?

Many games have left AP but I only know of two owners that have actually received theirs, and 50% of those owners are banned from Pinside.

#21735 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

From the close-ups, it looks about 300dpi (ie. you can see the jagged edges of the pixels since it's been converted from Illustrator to Photoshop I guess) and it also looks CMYK printed, instead of screen printed with spot colours. You can tell because you can see the CMYK dots used to mix to make the colours, which is especially noticable at 300dpi.

Sounds like Greatwich's Stargazer playfields... I wonder if the MG fields were made by him or by using the same process? I'm real happy with my SG playfield; for $500 it's extremely nice and I have no complaints at all. Using that process in a $10K game, however, would be bad news...

#21736 3 years ago

Maybe new video later tonight….

#21737 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Maybe new video later tonight….

Please ask whoever it is to make sure they are in fact playing an ARCADE selected game, using the flippers to change the game type on the selection screen and start to confirm. I don't want to hear another thing mentioned about that damn novice mode...

#21738 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

The owners aren't going to be eager to share how shittily the game is made/designed. That could bring down the value of the game.
Their silence is deafening

I've said several times that I'd like Martin to review my MG for Pinball News, and do one of his forensic, detailed reviews

He's also reviewing my Nemo tomorrow.

When I receive MG, Jim can then stay over or borrow my MG to do the code, for which MG owners should pay. We then get updated code, and Jim gets fair recompense.

So, please don't incorrectly suggest that MG purchasers are hiding I for one will try to make the most out of this machine. If it's a lemon, it will be a highly polished one

#21739 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Please ask whoever it is to make sure they are in fact playing an ARCADE selected game

Roger.

#21740 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Jim can then stay over or borrow my MG to do the code, for which MG owners should pay. We then get updated code, and Jim gets fair recompense.

You're a Good Egg!

#21741 3 years ago

Just wish someone would post video of at least 5 minutes or so long instead of attention grabbing by posting worthless 30 second videos jpop style.

#21742 3 years ago

Mr. Sharpe is going to do the video?

I'm guessing "whoever it is" is named "Ted"

#21743 3 years ago

Just got some news from Chris.
Arcade Mode works.
The machine can do 4 players.
It's got plenty of music and callouts,
An Owl hooted!
Gameplay Video being worked on now.

#21744 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just got some news from Chris.
Arcade Mode works.
The machine can do 4 players.
It's got plenty of music and callouts,
An Owl hooted!
Gameplay Video being worked on now.

I will say this, Chris is getting his money's worth.

We are gonna be getting little dribs and drabs of video and info for weeks I would guess.

Unless someone else opens up the flood gates. There's gotta be a few more of these out there somewhere....

#21745 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are gonna be getting little dribs and drabs of video and info for weeks I would guess.

...and we Will Like it,. and pay homage too!

#21746 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

...and we Will Like it,. and pay homage too!

True enough!

#21747 3 years ago

Not to repeat myself, but damn: love him or hate him:

Quoted from goingincirclez:

Geez, at this point whatever it cost, Ka-needs-a-ttention can brilliantly write it off as a marketing expense for his podcast.
I mean, dude was a pariah around here for how many months, barely mentioned at all. Now everyone's foaming at the mouth for updates by proxy?!
Some like to say "you can't buy that kind publicity!" Well, apparently you can...

It only cost what, $20, 25, Is-it-any-of-our-actual-effing-business-K? For him to become the darling of the site... no keeping him out even in spite of mod and owner requests...

...even I have to begrudgingly admit, I don't know if I've ever seen such a display of "fuck you money" wielded into such a priceless last laugh. Compared to other revenge plays, it almost might even be cheap.

Oh, the psychology of pinball and its participants is utterly fascinating.

But damn, I wonder if you (he) COULD write that purchase off as a marketing schtick? BAM!

#21748 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Many games have left AP but I only know of two owners that have actually received theirs, and 50% of those owners are banned from Pinside.

Huh. Also, 100% of the Predator owners are not on pinside, and is apparently in witness protection.

It's like the rarer of the pin you have, the better it is not to be on these forums.

#21749 3 years ago

Was this posted yet?

#21750 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Was this posted yet?

Fingers in the playfield is not a good sign after the first ball....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 435 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside