New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,335 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,697 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 3.39.04 PM (resized).png
sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24335 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 487.
#21651 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Holy shit dude, you came after me on Facebook and Soundcloud! You're such a fucking hypocrite it's painful.

to be fair, Crazy is in his user name. Full disclosure

#21652 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Sometimes I wish that this entire forum- its users, its news, the tech forums- all of it- could be seemlessly migrated to Facebook.
There- we would have all the information, news, tips- but none of the senseless soap opera that seems to follow pinball newgroups and forums. No matter how much moderation- or banning- goes down, we still get the same stuff here all the time that scares manufacturers and power players away in droves. The price police, the smarky sarcasm, you name it.
Not that there aren't Facebook pinball groups now, but there isn't one with the presence and participation of this group.
Kind of like pinball shows- at shows, people, in person, are at their best and tend to always consider the human behind the user.

IMG_6550 (resized).JPG

#21653 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

to be fair, Crazy is in his user name. Full disclosure

I'd have given him props if he would have used "Crazy Levi" when he stalked me, but it's always some other psuedonym that he uses on other forums.

This guy is on some strange shit.

#21654 3 years ago

There is now some you tube video and realization that you might be able to get out of novice mode after all by unnamed source.

Personally I'd have a fire extinguisher handy since John may not have realized this either

#21655 3 years ago

Just had some fresh news from the mg owner.. this below is what he wrote..

I'll get some gameplay video up later today. I did notice that you can select between Novice/Arcade/Wizard modes...I feel like I've only been playing "Novice"...going to select "Arcade" later today and see it that turns any more mechs on.

So it appears to be that the code isn't locked??

#21656 3 years ago

This is my lost expression when looking under the hood of a Lamborghini Centenario.

70959bcded0f141d317ee177ce8a4bfa32e19976 (resized).jpg

#21657 3 years ago

Kaneda's video is up on you tube

#21658 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's really not fair. Do you have any "special" family members? If you did you'd probably suddenly drop the social injustice warrior stance on this.

Not fair my ass! Let me put all you cupcakes in your due places. My Dad's sister, my Aunt, is a slow adult, mentally handicapped, a special person, and in medical terms a retard(boo fucking hoo if you don't like it). She has been part of my life for the 45 years I have been put on this Earth. I have the right to be judgemental of what is offensive and what is not pertaining to her conditions. Not a bunch of daisy growing pansy ass hand holders who are threatened by obtuse words in the English language.

My best friend Kevin in High School had a brother name Ted(R.I.P. buddy) who had down syndrome and was mentally handicapped. Our favorite line was 'Yeah, well that fucking retard will kick your ass" to anyone who made fun of him to his face. Ted would go right up to them and stutter "I'm a retard and I'm gonna kick your ass!" Then turn to Kevin and go "Now Kevin??" You would watch those little bitch tough guys go running the other way.

So all you little whining butt hurt tree huggers that are offended, go pound sand because 99% of you are offended for reasons that have nothing to do with you personally!

#21659 3 years ago

Caption for picture above looking under hood.

If I hook up the tilt mechanism could it really unlock the code? Maybe I should try it? Or wait til John calls me back I did leave a message?

#21660 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Not fair my ass! Let me put all you cupcakes in your due places. My Dad's sister, my Aunt, is a slow adult, mentally handicapped, a special person, and in medical terms a retard(boo fucking hoo if you don't like it). She has been part of my life for the 45 years I have been put on this Earth. I have the right to be judgemental of what is offensive and what is not pertaining to her conditions. Not a bunch of daisy growing pansy ass hand holders who are threatened by obtuse words in the English language.
My best friend Kevin in High School had a brother name Ted(R.I.P. buddy) who had down syndrome and was mentally handicapped. Our favorite line was 'Yeah, well that fucking retard will kick your ass" to anyone who made fun of him to his face. Ted would go right up to them and stutter "I'm a retard and I'm gonna kick your ass!" Then turn to Kevin and go "Now Kevin??" You would watch those little bitch tough guys go running the other way.
So all you little whining butt hurt tree huggers that are offended, go pound sand because 99% of you are offended for reasons that have nothing to do with you personally!

You must be a lot of fun at a party.

#21661 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Boom

#21662 3 years ago

Canada actually did a fair and well done review of the machine. I normally would never bother to listen but it seemed like the only info out there. Still have to wonder if he's a brony/clopper though after he made the analogy that Magic girl is like riding a unicorn opposed to williams pinball being like riding a horse....

#21663 3 years ago

Is John proud of this "final" version of MG?

#21664 3 years ago

His lawyer is!

#21665 3 years ago

The video doesn't show too much other than some basic gameplay.

The game is beautiful, but I have a 1951 Williams woodrail with a deeper set of rules....

#21666 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You must be a lot of fun at a party.

Just add bourbon.

Is that the best you got after I just demonstrated you to be 100% wrong?

#21667 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Just add bourbon.

I was 100% wrong that having "special" people in your family might allow you some insight into why some others are offended by your language.

#21668 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Just add bourbon.

You're relationship with your family and friends does not give you carte blanche to be a dick on the internet.

#21669 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Just add bourbon.

He's not wrong, you're not wrong, if someone at the party that you're awesome at said "hey, that kinda sucks what you're saying, could you please knock it off", would you chill or would you call them a snowflake?

But seriously, MG is more fun to talk about than this.

#21670 3 years ago

CrazyLevi has some really thin skin though whenever he gets offended.

Just sayin'

#21671 3 years ago

.02 on FB vs. Pinside... I really like what Martijn and Robyn have done here aesthetically. It's much nicer looking than FB in either a browser or on phone. PM features are better; relatives that you don't really want to follow aren't here. We have game ratings, seller ratings, history, a market, easy to attach images, etc.

Back on topic... did someone say in the last day or so that the "warranty would be voided" if someone attempted to update the code on MG? I wonder just how "good" that warranty would be For starters, who will do the repairs? How long does it last? Is it a written or implied warranty? Not sure the warranty is as good as the paper it's printed on. We know what kinds of things John has printed on paper before.

#21672 3 years ago

Facebook is a walled garden product. I like my Internet open, and this forum is awesome

#21673 3 years ago

I see coin door with mechs but no coin box can't even use it as a proper piggy bank.

#21674 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I see coin door with mechs but no coin box can't even use it as a proper piggy bank.

A small bedpan will work fine.

#21675 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

CrazyLevi has some really thin skin though whenever he gets offended.
Just sayin'

Wow. Pot meet kettle

#21676 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow. Pot meet kettle

Sober up, cowboy. I know how tough my skin is. You're not on my ignore list, are you?

#21677 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You're relationship with your family and friends does not give you carte blanche to be a dick on the internet.

No, but it demonstrates that most people who are offended are full of shit because it usually has nothing to do with them personally. It also shows that the theory "Well if you had someone like that in your family you would not talk/feel like that" Also proven to be pure bullshit. As usual, the truth hurts to the uninformed or just the plain old ignorant.

If I am a dick because I was using the term "special" or a I called to the floor a bunch of phonies claiming to offended, then please, by all means claim me to be a full 12 incher!

#21678 3 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

The spring looks to be hovering above the playfield not touching it...but doesn't make much sense, I think enough shots directly at it are going to break the plastic post it is attached to under that cap.

Sure, there might be about 1/64 of an inch gap... But that spring is probably 1/2 to 5/8 in diameter at the pf... So as soon as it gets struck and wobbles around its vertical axis, you're gonna to see what happens when an Etch-a-sketch and a Spirograph "make magic" together.

Just incredibly shortsighted. You'd think a rubber coating would at least be the minimum concession to concern.

But then is that also the "Enchanted Hare", aka "magnetic pop bumper"? Oh God. Please tell me that spring isn't supposed to be magnetized into compression.

#21679 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Sure, there might be about 1/64 of an inch gap... But that spring is probably 1/2 to 5/8 in diameter at the pf... So as soon as it gets struck and wobbles around its vertical axis, you're gonna to see what happens when an Etch-a-sketch meets a Spirograph.
Just incredibly shortsighted. You'd think a rubber coating would at least be the minimum concession to concern.
But then is that also the "Enchanted Hare", aka "magnetic pop bumper"? Oh God. Please tell me that spring isn't supposed to be magnetized into compression.

What the hell is that spring even for?

#21680 3 years ago

And now a very special message from a very special little boy:

Quoted from vdojaq:

#21681 3 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

I'll get some gameplay video up later today. I did notice that you can select between Novice/Arcade/Wizard modes...I feel like I've only been playing "Novice"...going to select "Arcade" later today and see it that turns any more mechs on.

Are we really going to have to spell this out.. I assumed this had already been done and was stuck on novice only.

On the game selection screen the arrows next to the game type mean you can use the flipper buttons to select between Novice - Arcade - Wizard around and around. Press Start to confirm. Surely this should have been on the instruction card

Another helpful tip from me, your friendly neighbourhood coder....

TBH though i never wanted novice play or wizard play in there. I just wanted arcade and no selection screen, but johns way is johns way...

#21682 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

And now a very special message from a very special little boy:</blockquote

Momma always said I was special!

#21683 3 years ago

ok then this was all just misinformation? It's not a 1 player, 2 ball game unless you are playing Novice? I just find it hard to believe nobody else is offering information on the game except Kaneda. Oh well, I guess they don't want to.

Quoted from DutchTommy:

#21684 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Are we really going to have to spell this out.. I assumed this had already been done and was stuck on novice only.
On the game selection screen the arrows next to the game type mean you can use the flipper buttons to select between Novice - Arcade - Wizard around and around. Press Start to confirm. Surely this should have been on the instruction card

Exactly what I was thinking as I could see him cycling through the modes before starting. So this game may actually not be locked in novice mode after all. Oh, and his owl doesn't look like it's facing backwards to me so I don't get that either?

#21685 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ok then this was all just misinformation? It's not a 1 player, 2 ball game unless you are playing Novice? I just find it hard to believe nobody else is offering information on the game except Kaneda. Oh well, I guess the don't want to.

Erm, well i think i've given quite a lot of help already to.

If you want me to go on about why novice play was written and why its 2 ball then i will, but the its best just to remove it altogether. If i do an update that will be the first thing done.

#21686 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Can we please just get Jim his game for the hard work he has already put into it in addition to the money he is owed by Jpop, and lets throw Zombi Yeti in there as well while we are at it. Jpop has had little to nothing positive to contribute to this product, and the two people most responsible for seeing it come to fruition aren't even getting their contractually promised games. All the things that people seem to be positive about when discussing this machine go back to those two individuals. Also Who the hell seriously expects Jim to provide more code for this thing when he was already screwed over majorly. To even ask such a thing is asinine. #getjimhisgame

#21687 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Who the hell seriously expects Jim to provide more code for this thing when he was already screwed over majorly. To even ask such a thing is asinine. #getjimhisgame

I expect it, actually, if the people who own this game are willing to pay him up front. Why wouldn't he? A gig is a gig...and the lucky MG owners obviously have some cash to throw around and are real doers, not just talkers!

I figure this game needs a lot more than just updated code however. Unless you can download a shooter lane groove and other mechanical/geometry fixes.

#21688 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I expect it, actually, if the people who own this game are willing to pay him up front. Why wouldn't he? A gig is a gig...and the lucky MG owners obviously have some cash to throw around and are real doers, not just talkers!
I figure this game needs a lot more than just updated code however. Unless you can download a shooter lane groove and other mechanical/geometry fixes.

I have a cordless drill and a can of clear coat. I'll put in my OWN shooter lane groove......

#21689 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Sober up, cowboy. I know how tough my skin is. You're not on my ignore list, are you?

That's funny.

I'd hate to hurt your feelings and get all butthurt like you do in following me around and stalking me with downvotes

#21690 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Paying up front is totally different than simply requesting more code, and yes a gig is a gig, but again get the man a machine (which he is contractually owed) so he would be able to do the code properly for those willing to pay for it.

#21691 3 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I have a cordless drill and a can of clear coat. I'll put in my OWN shooter lane groove......

Can we also send a video of that to John, just as an extra <expletive>?

#21692 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ok then this was all just misinformation? It's not a 1 player, 2 ball game unless you are playing Novice? I just find it hard to believe nobody else is offering information on the game except Kaneda. Oh well, I guess they don't want to.

Again, we are talking 19 games, not all of which have been delivered/picked-up. Also keep in mind that K-hole(better?) has not been waiting with agony for the past few years on this. He just recently bought his position of the 19 games. I would have to believe this is much easier for him. Other buyers may be in disbelief, or just don't want to discuss it up to this point. Again , I commend K-hole for the gamble and his willingness to share on this one.

I have to believe these things are going to skyrocket in value after some people come up with fixes.

#21693 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's funny.
I'd hate to hurt your feelings and get all butthurt like you do in following me around and stalking me with downvotes

It's not like you're not doing the same to me, Mr. Self Awareness.

#21694 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Can we please just get Jim his game for the hard work he has already put into it in addition to the money he is owed by Jpop, and lets throw Zombi Yeti in there as well while we are at it. Jpop has had little to nothing positive to contribute to this product, and the two people most responsible for seeing it come to fruition aren't even getting their contractually promised games. All the things that people seem to be positive about when discussing this machine go back to those two individuals. Also Who the hell seriously expects Jim to provide more code for this thing when he was already screwed over majorly. To even ask such a thing is asinine. #getjimhisgame

What if JPop had the ability to build 2 or 3 more and one was paid for to go to Jim? 25 playfieds, right?

#21695 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Paying up front is totally different than simply requesting more code, and yes a gig is a gig, but again get the man a machine (which he is contractually owed) so he would be able to do the code properly for those willing to pay for it.

Who asked for free code? And who is starting the kickstarter? You? Heck I might pitch in...

#21696 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

No more games are getting made and you know it so you can retire the hashtag. But if there's some money to be made from sinking more time and effort into this insane project, Jim should be at the front of the line.

#21697 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

It's not like you're not doing the same to me, Mr. Self Awareness.

Well you are right. Shouldn't be tit for tat. Non stop down vote truce?

#21698 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No more games are getting made and you know it so you can retire the hashtag. But if there's some money to be made from sinking more time and effort into this insane project, Jim should be at the front of the line.

Jpop isnt that stupid. He has to have enough to build at least 2 -3 more on top of the protos.

#21699 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

There aren't just more games sitting around for them -- and no owners are going to give theirs to applej or zombie, let's be honest. They aren't going to get their games, pretty much end of story. Best thing that could happen would be for owners to band together and each cough up $1k to pay back bills on coding, plus $$ money for update - if apple juice was able to get access to a game somehow. Is zombie out $$ as well or just a game?

#21700 3 years ago

Oh quite right, I'm just trying to determine the current state of the game - ie. if Jpop loaded older software or modified your work.
I find it hard to believe he could modify your work, but I know if it was me, I'd just want to know what others had in their game.

Quoted from applejuice:

Erm, well i think i've given quite a lot of help already to.
If you want me to go on about why novice play was written and why its 2 ball then i will, but the its best just to remove it altogether. If i do an update that will be the first thing done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
5,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Exton, PA
There are 24335 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside