(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 431 of 491.
#21501 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Geez, at this point whatever it cost, Ka-needs-a-ttention can brilliantly write it off as a marketing expense for his podcast.
I mean, dude was a pariah around here for how many months, barely mentioned at all. Now everyone's foaming at the mouth for updates by proxy?!
Some like to say "you can't buy that kind publicity!" Well, apparently you can...

And now he is friends with the mods, so he is still able to post. That dude is smooth for sure.

#21503 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

From only a page ago. It seems like you were implying a few things here....

follow along... I apologized for that. I was very clean that I mixed up Ice and mr68 comments.

Do I need to go back an edit for people that are only capable of skimming?

#21504 7 years ago

Not at all. I stand by my assertion the other night that you like to weigh in on people's affairs that do not concern you. Maybe you like stirring things up, maybe you think that you are helping people by weighing in. You always seem to have an agenda (not that that is necessarily a bad thing) but stories do seem to shift around with you some. Whatever the case, you always seem to be in the thick of things and are prolific in your posting. To each their own.

#21505 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Not at all. I stand by my assertion the other night that you like to weigh in on people's affairs that do not concern you. Maybe you like stirring things up, maybe you think that you are helping people by weighing in. You always seem to have an agenda (not that that is necessarily a bad thing) but stories do seem to shift around with you some. Whatever the case, you always seem to be in the thick of things and are prolific in your posting. To each their own.

yup, me and many others. We are all just blowing time on a pinball message board afterall.

With almost 200 posts on the topic, Kim has been a large vocal foundation of the Jpop saga for years now (i.e. for more than double the time you have been around)
This is an online community where we sit around, make friends, have fun, and give each other shit quite often.

I know kim in real life an thought we were friends. I am surprised he is taking issue with me making a mistake and remembering he posted something when it was iceman that posted. It seems like Kim is more concerned with it being public knowledge that he sold his MG spot. I have not idea why he is so sensitive about the issue, but when he is the guy behind much of the MG saga and set up the owners FB private forum and then ended up selling his game to Chris of all people at the strike of midnight, and after being the lead on the behind the scenes fight to make Jpop be honest and do something, OF COURSE it is of interest to the online community where he hung out for years and is a pivitol role in MG likely even getting made.

#21506 7 years ago

I respect what you said, Hilton. Perhaps you should take your matter with Kim offline. Message boards are a horrible place to settle issues like this, particularly when you have controversy, personalities, and money involved.

#21507 7 years ago

Can we please get back to the BOX OF LIGHTS and COFFEE TABLE reviews?

Who is supporting these 25 MG pins? Johnny himself? AP?

Parts? Service? Warranty?

What a F ing joke this thing is.

#21508 7 years ago

With due respect to the beverage supporting nature of refurbished derelict playfields everywhere, you good sir have besmirched the honorable reputation of coffee tables and should be ashamed! Plus, shouldn't you of all people know better than to set a beer on a sloped surface? I appeal to your better educated nature!

Let's stick to the box of lights... After all, it might be brighter plugged in than set on fire...

#21509 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's some F'd up memory you're apologizing for, Hilton.
Be advised, you're not welcome in my home under any circumstances.

Hilton is a piece of work. I had to file a local police report couple summers ago when the MG was at the NW show because of him and his threats. He was spreading that somehow we(pinballbulbs) "Stole" the prototype from the show and were keeping it I guess. Then he started to spread my personal home address and antagonizing people to come roam around to my house and check it out. I just had a newborn at the time and my wife and her were home alone all the time, so it was super upsetting and inappropriate.

Not surprised by his behavior above at all. He devalues this website heavily.

Ps - I don't know Kim ,but he can come play pinball anytime at my house

Edit: Looks like it was Iceman44, as I corrected a few posts later. Don't get this confused that whysnow isn't some sort of troll with his pitchfork to incite the incident further.

#21510 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well the sooner that someone cracks one open and takes good detailed photos of every inch of the interior of the game, the sooner we'll know who that will be.

#21511 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Hilton is a piece of work. I had to file a local police report couple summers ago when the MG was at the NW show because of him and his threats. He was spreading that somehow we(pinballbulbs) "Stole" the prototype from the show and were keeping it I guess. Then he started to spread my personal home address and antagonizing people to come roam around to my house and check it out. I just had a newborn at the time and my wife and her were home alone all the time, so it was super upsetting and inappropriate.

O my.....

#21512 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No AP and its my understand that AP wants him out ASAP so they can recover and build their reputation as best they can.

Magic Girl is 100% Zidware / Jpop product, service and support. For tech help a soup can with string reaching to India will take your calls.

#21513 7 years ago

Yeah? but can we say Bravo to AP? Seriously, how many of us actually thought they had the gumption to pull this off? I can't f-ing wait for Houdini.

#21514 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Moderator comment:
Since we had a few questions about the taboo surrounding Kaneda as a discussion topic, we thought it best to clarify things since it has been a bit of a gray area, but has also been a developing situation concerning Magic Girl.
That said, Kaneda isn't returning and it's still the policy to remove duplicate accounts of banned users.
However, as it turns out, he is involved in something newsworthy, and it would be more harmful in this situation to remove every mention of him or his acquisition of one of a small number of Magic Girl pins that have shipped. So, if photos or gameplay videos get shared concerning Magic Girl that originate from Kaneda, we're not going to remove them. However, we will not permit any promotional-related items concerning Kaneda.
It's a bit of a fine line to walk, and personally, I think he bought the game primarily to gain attention, but for now, we think this is the best way to handle it--letting everyone see whatever happens to come out, letting everyone discuss it, but blocking anything that is blatant promotion.
If anyone has any questions, comments, or wants to discuss this policy moving forward, please feel free to open a Moderator Feedback thread.

I appreciate the position of the Pinside staff and agree with your personal opinion that he only bought it for attention. He's a narcicist. Accumulating attention, positive or negative, is literally the only reason he gets out of bed or bothers to go to work. It is, from the perspective of his emotional needs, rational to spend tens of thousands of dollars for people to mention him on Pinside. Mission accomplished, I suppose.

#21515 7 years ago

pezpunk . . . I hadn't seen you on here for awhile and was beginning to think something bad had happened to you. Glad to see your post. You always make intriguing comments. Good to see you are alive!

#21516 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah? but can we say Bravo to AP? Seriously, how many of us actually thought they had the gumption to pull this off? I can't f-ing wait for Houdini.

Yeah congrats to them for recognizing the mis-step, taking corrective action to scrape the pile the stepped in off their shoe, staying committed to their goal of being the next pinball manufacturer and then moving forward, executing a plan to assemble a legitimate team.

I'm excited to see what they come up with for Houdini, hopefully they can pull it off this year, but it will probably be a couple years.

Maybe once the new/real Houdini is announced AP can get a thread not associated with JP.

#21517 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Magic Girl is 100% Zidware / Jpop product, service and support. For tech help a soup can with string reaching to India will take your calls.

Man... really makes me hope JPop "Follows" with RAZA. I can't wait to have more headache than I already have...

#21518 7 years ago

...look and feel similar to other favorite games like Cirqus Coltaire™

I've never heard of that one. Is that like a Willard?

#21519 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Unbelievable.....yet.....so very believable.

#21520 7 years ago

So why doesn't magic girl have new we code?
Is this Johns way of 'clearing his mind' over not paying applejuice?
Just don't use his latest code?

#21521 7 years ago

So art wise it looks nice, good job zombieyeti!

Build quality pf questionable, non coded barely flipping, ran out of purple LEDs for topper, missing topper hardware, no shooter lane ball launch groove, many features not working and features that the ball can't even get to??

Yup box of lights!

And Mr K got rid of TOTAN for that??

Maybe nothing works cause you did not install the tilt mechanism. ?? Or the owl is the Key and turning it will allow a two player game.

Thanks for the review Chris at least you didn't sugar coat it.

10K by Christmas

I can't really stomach looking at that machine long it sucks all pinball joy from me.

John I will give you a solid F as a game designer, we now know that was just your lucky title and you can't do much yourself.

So sorry for all buyers you got scammed and JPOOPed on.

Now play peoples court theme song and take him to court.

#21523 7 years ago

Did you have a magic girl at home now, Iceman?

#21524 7 years ago

I was never good in English no matter how hard I try sorry. Is it uncoded?

#21525 7 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Well the sooner that someone cracks one open and takes good detailed photos of every inch of the interior of the game, the sooner we'll know who that will be.

Well said GLM

#21526 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

no shooter lane ball launch groove

Wtf?!?!?

#21527 7 years ago

Doesn't sound like AP actually did that much. Games are clearly not finished but they are out there which is probably what JPOP needs re lawsuit.

#21528 7 years ago

Regardless of what you may think about Kaneda, I think him getting a Magic Girl is the best thing for anyone interested in this saga. I don't think any other MG owner will be as honest and critical of their purchase. I want to hear and see details of MG and Kaneda will provide the content and opinions I'm interested in hearing about and seeing.

I'm betting the other MG owners will not appreciate his honesty though.

#21529 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Regardless of what you may think about Kaneda, I think him getting a Magic Girl is the best thing for anyone interested in this saga. I don't think any other MG owner will be as honest and critical of their purchase. I want to hear and see details of MG and Kaneda will provide the content and opinions I'm interested in hearing about and seeing.

Good point. Even though he contradicts himself every 5 minutes, it is nice to see he isn’t sugar coating the flaws. I still don’t see how anyone could possibly would be happy with a half ass machine for that much high coin; yet he still says he doesn’t regret it.

#21530 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

So why doesn't magic girl have new we code?
Is this Johns way of 'clearing his mind' over not paying applejuice?
Just don't use his latest code?

Certainly seems a little odd doesn't it. I've shown a few times now a couple of things that should be included at a basic level, which appear not to be available. This is just crazy because if the game is locked somehow into a basic flipping about 'novice' mode, i had more code than that completed by my first usa visit in august 2012....

The only way this get sorted is if i get sent a game....

#21531 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I was never good in English no matter how hard I try sorry. Is it uncoded?

It wasn't a critique of your English. It was that applejuice--the coder on the game--has demonstrated several times in this thread that the game is coded.

#21532 7 years ago

Why do I get the feeling Jpop is taking great pride in this sham of a game. He's probably thinking that he did his part, and it's up to others to somehow fix his mess. And just waiting for the judge to say case dismissed. Was this how he did things at Williams?

#21533 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

this is 100% bullshit and you know it. It is so preposterous it is laughable. I dont even know you or where you live.

Quoted from RobT:

Unbelievable.....yet.....so very believable.

it is complete fabrication. He either has a major malfunction or has me confused with someone else. I have PM'd him to give him the opportunity to apologize and realize his mistake. I am just curious if it is all in his head or if someone actually did this and he thinks it was me.

#21534 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Absolutely will. I don't own one, I don't think it's a great game but it will appreciate. Just look at Kingpin or King Kong...mediocre games but their rareness commands a huge premium.

I've played both, Kong is a bit mediocre but Kingpin is a great game.

#21535 7 years ago

Grainy playfield art was a surprise.

Pretty objective review from he who shall not be named......

Weird that the code is locked? Seems like code is the very basic one of a few years ago.

Many features not working. Big middle mech not working at all. Wow.

Having to put side decals on !! Only put 1 player on.

Needs a lot of work but potential is there.

#21536 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Grainy playfield art was a surprise.
Weird that the code is locked? Seems like code is the very basic one of a few years ago.
Many features not working. Big middle mech not working at all. Wow.
Having to put side decals on !! Only put 1 player on.
Needs a lot of work but potential is there.

Not only 1 player but also only 2 ball game?
Also void 'warranty' if not in a HUO environment.

#21537 7 years ago

any gameplay videos yet from the "one whose name may not be spoken"

#21538 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this is 100% bullshit and you know it. It is so preposterous it is laughable. I dont even know you or where you live.

it is complete fabrication. He either has a major malfunction or has me confused with someone else. I have PM'd him to give him the opportunity to apologize and realize his mistake. I am just curious if it is all in his head or if someone actually did this and he thinks it was me.

I'm sure he just mis-remembered things.

#21539 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm sure he just mis-remembered things.

it is possible, but guessing he has me confused for someone else.

#21540 7 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Good point. Even though he contradicts himself every 5 minutes, it is nice to see he isn’t sugar coating the flaws. I still don’t see how anyone could possibly would be happy with a half ass machine for that much high coin; yet he still says he doesn’t regret it.

See BM66 thread

#21541 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

any gameplay videos yet from the "one whose name may not be spoken"

There may be some Facebook photos, and there confirmed there's no shooter playfield groove. Looks like about 7h ago something popped up, that is not video but another media format that shant be named.

#21542 7 years ago

John is still pretending this MG delivery is some sort of success and he's on to work on RAZA now and everything is all good?

#21543 7 years ago

MagicGirl01 (resized).jpgMagicGirl01 (resized).jpg

MagicGirl02 (resized).jpgMagicGirl02 (resized).jpg

MagicGirl03 (resized).jpgMagicGirl03 (resized).jpg

MagicGirl04 (resized).jpgMagicGirl04 (resized).jpg

MagicGirl05 (resized).jpgMagicGirl05 (resized).jpg

MagicGirl06 (resized).jpgMagicGirl06 (resized).jpg

MagicGirl08 (resized).jpgMagicGirl08 (resized).jpg

MagicGirl09 (resized).jpgMagicGirl09 (resized).jpg

MagicGirl10 (resized).jpgMagicGirl10 (resized).jpg

#21544 7 years ago

I think the owl is embarrassed and won't show his face.

#21545 7 years ago

Has anybody confirmed whether or not it's possible to get to the ramp?

#21546 7 years ago

Putting all of the drama and hard feelings about this game aside for a moment, I have to say I love the artwork.

#21547 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just call him Special K, it's so fitting.

#21548 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has anybody confirmed whether or not it's possible to get to the ramp?

He who shall not be named has confirmed that the ramp shot is able to be made. That was a huge surprise to me. I just hope that the flipper strength isn't amped up so much that it destroys all of the other thin plastics on the game.

#21549 7 years ago

sure is purtty.... anyone who is in contact with "he who shall not be named", please post gameplay video when available.

#21550 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I agree here, this is the best thing Special K has ever done for the pinball community. At the same time, his $20K bought him the recognition he wanted. 2 birds, one stone. Congrats Special K.

However, none of this negates his issues, actions, nor his past.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 431 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/431 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.