(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 486.
#21151 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nope, but them removing the assets starts the clock ticking.
The longer you wait, the less the chance of recovery. 90 days by the sound of it.

Maybe according to the letter of the law, but you know as well as I do, there is no judge that is going to order these games picked up from folks who had legitimate claims to them from the start. Now had someone come along after the fact and paid a nominal fee to take one home, they would stand a chance of losing them, which is more of what that provision is about.

#21152 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

whysnow you are actually giving unqualified advice and encouraging behavior from an uninformed perspective. Unsecured investors should consult their legal council on the best way to proceed. As you have not stake in the matter, you should probably stay on the sidelines and let people proceed under their own best actions.

Actually I am giving very solid advice and the thumbs up on your post is like a whos who of MG owners... Telling don't you think...
Keep in mind i have been very involved in a similar situation and have learned quite a bit more than your average joe.

I have advised people to get their shit in gear and find a lawyer to force bankruptcy. Note... Find a lawyer is step no 1.

#21153 2 years ago

I got word that at least 1 person is looking into things and I would also suggest others get involved. The sooner you get on the lest to secure your debt, the better.

I am still amazed how many people just walked away from the skitB ordeal and did not get their debt secured. Don't be one of those people.

#21154 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Actually I am giving very solid advice

I think you are qualified to give advice on 1) used Subarus, 2) the best way to split up $6.75 of earnings six ways to Sunday taken from a Pop-A-Card, and 3) the best way to scrape gum off the underside of a routed game.

In this matter, you are out of your lane and have an obvious agenda. Go back and shill for Kulek and Heighway.

#21155 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Maybe legally, but you know as well as I do, there is no judge that is going to order these games picked up from folks who had legitimate claims to them. Now had someone come along after the fact and paid a nominal fee to take one home, they would stand a chance of losing them.

You don't understand how the bankruptcy law works. I don't know all the details but i do know 100% that they can claw back preferrential disbursement of assets. That includes MG games that are apparently leavg as of today.

My second piece of advice if for anyone getting shit in gear is to start keeping a daily log. It will be easier than the many hours needed to reCONstruct and document later. Start grabbing the info on what games are there, what has left, whom you will need to subpoena for information, etc...

#21156 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't know all the details

Enough said. I agree with Whysnow in getting legal counsel. Other than that, I can not endorse and encourage you not to take heed of anything that Whysnow says. Leave it to professional council.

#21157 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I think you are qualified to give advice on 1) used Subarus, 2) the best way to split up $6.75 of earnings six ways to Sunday taken from a Pop-A-Card, and 3) the best way to scrape gum off the underside of a routed game.
In this matter, you are out of your lane and have an obvious agenda. Go back and shill for Kulek and Heighway.

You seem to have a creepy amount of stalker in you. I don't think you know what a schill is

What is your agenda? That is the better question. I am suggesting people get a lawyer and get proper advice before it is too late. You are suggesting people just ignore it and walk away, waiting till it could be too late.

Seems obvious that one of those options has no possible downside and the other does.

I can also say that behaviorally, as soon as somone starts getting stalkery and making things personal, then you have struck a nerve and they are showing their true colors and underlying desire to hide or divert.

Good lick to,those fighting the good fight.

DO IT ICEMAN! It is fun!

#21158 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nothing wrong with a little encourangement and a dissenting voice when there are a few people on here crying foul if someone forces jpop into bankruptcy. Getting a lawyer can feel like a daunting task, but in reality it is not very hard and what is the real downside for any raza owner. Something is better than nothing. also, the clock is ticking so sounds like you need to get on it or have the option removed. Would really suck to not take action and put in more blond faith only to find there will never be raza and 20 people walked out the door with the majority of the recoverable assets.

Subversive (resized).jpg

#21159 2 years ago

Hard not to know anything about you as you carpetbomb everything on Pinside with your opinions.

I have no other agenda then encouraging only the people involved in this matter to have informed opinions and to consult legal counsel if warranted. That was what my prior posts were about. Unless you have the title ESQ behind your name that nobody knows about, people should consult their lawyers and not you.

#21160 2 years ago

Oh and whysnow, I don't know what a "Schill" is, but I do know what a "Shill" is. I am a highly compensated "shill" (sales executive). You are so transparent in your biases that you lose credibility. If I wanted to, would buy a MG with the wad of cash that I have in my pocket right now and not think twice of how it shoots. Or set it on fire and roast marshmallows on it.

As the Black Knight and Kaneda (don't necessarily agree with either but they are right on this point) both say, there is a lot of money and expertise in this hobby that don't necessarily show their hands. It is best if all of us that are not involved with these transactions step back and let people do as their own guidance dictates. If people are dropping 5 figures on machines, they should have legal counsel on speed dial. People should get guidance from paid professionals, not randos (myself included) on a message board.

#21161 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You don't understand how the bankruptcy law works. I don't know all the details but i do know 100% that they can claw back preferrential disbursement of assets. That includes MG games that are apparently leavg as of today.
My second piece of advice if for anyone getting shit in gear is to start keeping a daily log. It will be easier than the many hours needed to reCONstruct and document later. Start grabbing the info on what games are there, what has left, whom you will need to subpoena for information, etc...

Trust me, I know enough of how it works, and I know judges. I have assisted with many court-ordered seizures coming from Federal Bankruptcy Court...mostly from people trying to hide assets, but other situations as well. A judge is not going to victimize the same person twice. You are right in telling folks to go seek legal counsel, but because they have not done it to this point, the judge is not going to take games from folks that were bought and paid for, no matter what you say. He may order that no more be dispersed, and he may freeze other assets, but he is not going to send a Marshal to a person's home to confiscate a pinball game they bought and paid for months or years ago. Aside from being inhuman, it would be political suicide. It is a stupid argument anyway, as neither of us have anything to do with this and should leave it to those that do.

#21162 2 years ago

Hilton isn't giving legal advice, he is encouraging those who were screwed to get it and describing why it is a good idea. If (when) enough victims force a bankruptcy, anyone else not joining in will not get their share of the recovery.

And a bankruptcy judge certainly can recover assets that were preferentially distributed, as well as fine or imprison anyone not going along with what he orders.

Anyone whose game winds up being seized and sold off will still get their fair share of what is recovered, but they'll have to cooperate, and join the suit themselves.

The chickens may be hatching, but they can still be used to make chicken salad.

#21164 2 years ago

The willful ignorance and wish fullfilment being shown by armchair lawyers on this thread is overwhelming. A cursory glance through the bankruptcy law sections involving preferential distribution demonstrates that people do not comprehend what they read or only want to believe the parts they want to believe. I only took a few law courses (at a state school, no less), but I did pretty well in reading comprehension.

For the last time, nobody is saying don't get a lawyer. In fact, everybody (me, whysnow, Manimal, etc) agrees that you should have legal representation. I think what a preponderance (thanks, word of the day calendar!) of people are hitting on is that the amount of people that have legitimate concerns in this case (which I do not) compared to the amount of people squawking, spinning, giving half truths and advancing agendas is vastly different. The only reason I popped into this thread is because I wanted to see if I can get a read-through on the build quality of MG to see if there is anything that could be told about Houdini considering that AP built/is building both. Reading the thread is sad in a variety of regards. There are certain and numerous individuals on Pinside that are habitual in their actions for poking their noses everywhere and spouting stuff (some valid, some not) where they do not have a dog in the fight. Pinside is great but these behaviors are grating and detract from the community. That is the only reason that I have said anything tonight because it has become too much to deal with today.

If you have a valid claim in any potential suit, talk to your counselor about the best course of action. They are professionals; that is what they get paid to do. Pro tip: make sure they have things like ESQ or Attorney at Law after there name. Advice from randos on Pinside can set false expectations for you.

I am done. I am going to got back to my little corner and read threads about the pinball machine that concerns me, Hook. I know that it is a lowly Data East but I kind of like it. I am having fun dumping money into this game and tricking it out. Who knows, maybe I will send it to HEP to get it blinged out just to make people's heads explode.

Eject

#21165 2 years ago

A bunch of JPoP game buyers started a big lawsuit about a year ago, maybe even longer. If they haven't chased him into bankruptcy by now, I doubt a new group can in 90 days.

#21166 2 years ago

I can see the issue that iceman raises, JPop has used his money to make the MG's and why is that fair when he hasn't got his pins? I really wish we could click our fingers and everyone gets the game they put money out for but it so unlikely. However, if Houdini was half as good as theatre of magic I'd love to get one, but if I had money in this that looks like is lost then I would be using every legal option available to me to recover it and I don't see how anyone has a problem with that, even if it means you don't get your pins, the machines should be auctioned and it looks to me like they would get decent money for them, then the proceeds shared equally across those who are owed all get a slice. in the UK it would be straightforward to get an injunction to stop the machines being sent out and I would imagine the same in the US?

Cheers,
Neil.

#21167 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

As for MG, I extend this offer to fellow Brit Applejuice- you visit my house to play MG as often and for as long as you like, and free drinks! You were treated (like ZY and others) most shabbily and shamefully by Jpop, and I hope he is shamed by this for the rest of his life.

Thank you for this. It is much appreciated and i would love to. There's much we could discuss to! At least there will be 1 complete MG game here in the UK. Have you made arrangements for the shipping? I still want to get one here myself to, as there is so much potential for sorting out and supporting owners this way.

I read that there are 19 owners with 21 games made, and 25 playfields. So this begs the question what is happening with the other 2-6 games? If there are 2 extra games then surely they should be assigned to myself and zombieyeti in an attempt to build bridges and make things right. I really hope jPop isn't thinking he can sell 6 additional games to the highest bidder....

I really feel the rage building as these games are/have shipped with my code on them which i still own the rights to due to non payment.

#21168 2 years ago

Something i just spotted in terms of difference on the videos and pictures on jpop sites, which will be interesting to ask the owners to confirm when they have their games. The Magic Shoppe Scoop Mystery award which was supposed to be 'Arthurs Magic Shoppe' (from Knights of the round table Arthur) is altered to a huge ? insert covering jeremy's art, but on the pictures its how i remember it. Does this mean there are 2 differing playfields being used or the images and videos are from different point in time?

#21169 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I saw multiple machines leaving today in the hands of their owners. Not my place to say who it was, but I suspect it will be public soon enough.

I am happy for the owners and look forward to seeing more threads about them unboxing and getting to play it. I will continue to offer support and help where i can

#21170 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

If I wanted to, would buy a MG with the wad of cash that I have in my pocket right now and not think twice of how it shoots. Or set it on fire and roast marshmallows on it.

everybody watch out!!!!!

Quoted from DBLM:

I will send it to HEP to get it blinged out just to make people's heads explode.

holy smokes, you almost took out joe with that thing.

Thanks for letting us know you are super rich and super smart before you left.

adios (resized).jpg

#21171 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Hilton isn't giving legal advice, he is encouraging those who were screwed to get it and describing why it is a good idea. If (when) enough victims force a bankruptcy, anyone else not joining in will not get their share of the recovery.
And a bankruptcy judge certainly can recover assets that were preferentially distributed, as well as fine or imprison anyone not going along with what he orders.
Anyone whose game winds up being seized and sold off will still get their fair share of what is recovered, but they'll have to cooperate, and join the suit themselves.
The chickens may be hatching, but they can still be used to make chicken salad.

many of them know this Dan. They just have other motives which clearly need other people to take no action. I appreciate you pointing out and rephrasing what I am saying, as I am sure it is useful for some that are lurking and thinking about their new action.

I have started to research IL lawyers that are experts in the matter and may be a good fit if anyone wants more info to get things moving.

#21172 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

As for MG, I extend this offer to fellow Brit Applejuice- you visit my house to play MG as often and for as long as you like, and free drinks! You were treated (like ZY and others) most shabbily and shamefully by Jpop, and I hope he is shamed by this for the rest of his life.

Just a thought from another Londoner - I hate to see people lose out like this, and given that it looks like only one of these may make it to the UK I'd be very happy to donate £100 to Applejuice for the chance to play the game for half an hour. If that's something you'd consider when you receive the game I'm quite serious, so just let me know. No problem if not though.

You'd also be very welcome to come and play a few games on my Lebowski too - as far as I'm aware it's the only one in the UK at present, and given the DP situation I'm not convinced that will change any time soon.

#21173 2 years ago

Officially shipping?

FB_IMG_1487425679347 (resized).jpg

#21174 2 years ago

Was looking for a newer gameplay video and found this...not exactly what I had in mind but I hope for the potential MG owners the gameplay is this balanced...

#21175 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for letting us know you are super rich and super smart before you left.

Jealous?

whysnow, I see that you are still stirring pots on things that do not impact you at all. You seem to have wide, far-ranging, and ever changing opinions on a lot of things. I normally don't punch down on numbskulls on the internet but I did enjoy the back and forth with you last night. Because I am bored right now, I propose the following: We open up another dedicated or off topic thread where you and I (or anybody, for that matter) can have an honest to goodness debate on different topics about the hobby. I harbor no animus to you at all. However, you and others exhibit certain behaviors at times on Pinside that detract from the overall experience here. I have no "friends" here on Pinside and don't go to shows, tournaments, etc. I enjoy pinball and have at various points been more or less active in different parts of the coin op business going back to '92 when my family ran a 5000 sq foot pool hall/arcade. However, this hobby is only a teeny-tiny part of my life, although I am spending a fair amount of energy on it right now as I reenter it.

If you (or anybody else) is interested in having a debate thread here is what I propose the ground rules be: It be a thoughtful debate that is focused on topics, not personalities. As part of a good debate, you will find in some cases people agree more than they disagree, and that is fine too. It be a respectful debate, where people engage in candid but respectful dialogue. Jabs to each other are fine and make this fun, but I do not want it to degrade to the lowest common denominator. And that it be an honest debate, where people bring real topics and positions as opposed to shit-stirring and doing things for the lols.

What do you say?

#21176 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

denominator.

I don't know what a denominator is...in my mind it looks like this.

#21177 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Jealous?
whysnow, I see that you are still stirring pots on things that do not impact you at all. You seem to have wide, far-ranging, and ever changing opinions on a lot of things. I normally don't punch down on numbskulls on the internet but I did enjoy the back and forth with you last night. Because I am bored right now, I propose the following: We open up another dedicated or off topic thread where you and I (or anybody, for that matter) can have an honest to goodness debate on different topics about the hobby. I harbor no animus to you at all. However, you and others exhibit certain behaviors at times on Pinside that detract from the overall experience here. I have no "friends" here on Pinside and don't go to shows, tournaments, etc. I enjoy pinball and have at various points been more or less active in different parts of the coin op business going back to '92 when my family ran a 5000 sq foot pool hall/arcade. However, this hobby is only a teeny-tiny part of my life, although I am spending a fair amount of energy on it right now as I reenter it.
If you (or anybody else) is interested in having a debate thread here is what I propose the ground rules be: It be a thoughtful debate that is focused on topics, not personalities. As part of a good debate, you will find in some cases people agree more than they disagree, and that is fine too. It be a respectful debate, where people engage in candid but respectful dialogue. Jabs to each other are fine and make this fun, but I do not want it to degrade to the lowest common denominator. And that it be an honest debate, where people bring real topics and positions as opposed to shit-stirring and doing things for the lols.
What do you say?

I want to debate what the topic of the debate will be.

#21178 2 years ago

You can throw out the first topic

#21179 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Jealous?
What do you say?

pretty sure that is what we are already doing and do much of the time here ???

am I missing something???

#21180 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure that is what we are already doing and do much of the time here ???
am I missing something???

Yeah. Mine, yours, and other's participation here is primarily shit stirring as we have no claim in these matter.

I am talking a separate thread where you and I (or whomever) can have a debate on things that are directly relevant to us.

If not interested, no worries at all and no harm, no foul.

#21181 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Yeah. Mine, yours, and other's participation here is primarily shit stirring as we have no claim in these matter.
I am talking a separate thread where you and I (or whomever) can have a debate on things that are directly relevant to us.
If not interested, no worries at all and no harm, no foul.

go start a thread. I am sure if it is an interesting topic then people will join in.

#21182 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

no claim in these matter.

Not having a "claim" still entitles you to an opinion.If you like pinball as much as I do,you would have something to say.

Its a mess even though games are getting out.Still a "boutique game".No impact on pinball at large.

It would be great if AP went into production on MG someday.

#21183 2 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Not having a "claim" still entitles you to an opinion.If you like pinball as much as I do,you would have something to say.
Its a mess even though games are getting out.Still a "boutique game".No impact on pinball at large.
It would be great if AP went into production on MG someday.

Don't disagree with you at all. But there is a distinct difference in having an opinion on the debacle that has been MG, RAZA, AIW, etc or how the game plays compared to the legal intricacies that impact only the concerned parties (people that paid money, contributed art, code, are owed things, etc) and how people are trying to inject themselves into those aspects when they have no claims to the matter.

#21184 2 years ago

Ok, so here is something that i as the programmer have created for the owners of magic girl and other interested people. I provide this info as a positive in a very difficult and distressing time for myself. (But i do like to look forward not backwards )

http://magicgirlcode.org

As i mentioned before i would create a slightly better place where the owners could get some information on what rules and features were created by myself whilst working there. I may expand on each feature to give more information.

Whilst building this today, i also came across some online score page code which i had been developing (in 2013) for submitting your scores to a master high score list automatically from your game. The test scores are also featured on here.

As i have been banging on about if i can get a game here then i will *LOOK* at options as to what can be done code wise. Until there is further progress on this matter, please enjoy this site. And if any owners want to reach out to me directly please do so.

#21185 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Ok, so here is something that i as the programmer have created for the owners of magic girl and other interested people. I provide this info as a positive in a very difficult and distressing time for myself. (But i do like to look forward not backwards )
http://magicgirlcode.org
As i mentioned before i would create a slightly better place where the owners could get some information on what rules and features were created by myself whilst working there. I may expand on each feature to give more information.
Whilst building this today, i also came across some online score page code which i had been developing (in 2013) for submitting your scores to a master high score list automatically from your game. The test scores are also featured on here.
As i have been banging on about if i can get a game here then i will *LOOK* at options as to what can be done code wise. Until there is further progress on this matter, please enjoy this site. And if any owners want to reach out to me directly please do so.

Attention JPOP. This is how people who love pinball really behave.

If you do not fulfill your obligation to this man , you are a disgrace (even more of a disgrace than previously demonstrated).

#21186 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Your attitude sucks IMHO! You should care! If some of the above people you refrenced in your post decide to push Zidware/JPOP into BK then not even the chosen few (19 people) get their MG... just something to think about.

100% incorrect, games are already out the door.

Everything here is being stirred by emotions. Courts take in facts. It would have to be proven that RAZA & AIW monies were used for MG. It would have to be proven that everyone that claims to be owed a game by JPop for their creative involvement has a document to do prove so. Years tied up in courts......

That being said, should JPop have his ass sued to all holy hell? Yes he should! But, there is no way in hell anyone who gets their MG delivered will ever have to return it due to litigation. They got a product they paid for.

#21187 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

100% incorrect, games are already out the door.
They got a product they paid for.

Or they got preferrential treatment in delivery of assets... That is for the court to decide.

Your logic is like saying Tim Fife will get to keep the predator he purchased. Looks like he won't BTW. just a matter of time.

#21188 2 years ago

Here is the link to the debate thread. Somebody has already suggested a topic

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughtful-debate-on-various-pinball-topics#post-3606442

#21189 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Courts take in facts. It would have to be proven that RAZA & AIW monies were used for MG. It would have to be proven that everyone that claims to be owed a game by JPop for their creative involvement has a document to do prove so.

Here is a fact, I paid John Popadiuk $5000 for this peice of paper. For those of you getting an MG congrats, am I envious.. Hell yes! but IMHO it is very poor form for those getting their games (that were most certainly partially funded by RAZA & AIW dollars and unpaid vendors work) to come in here and gloat about how valuable their games are gunna be. Enjoy your games guys you deserve them, but tread lightly on those of us who got stepped on in the process of your games being built.

image (resized).png

#21190 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Your logic is like saying Tim Fife will get to keep the predator he purchased. Looks like he won't BTW. just a matter of time.

From the outside looking in on both that seems like apples and oranges. In the predator case Tim is being considered preferential because nobody else got one and was he even a customer order? Hard to say since the crook never bothered keeping any records. In this case it looks like all the customer orders are being fulfilled (for MG) so thats quite a different story. For the story to match we would need one random person who we dont even know is an original customer to get one while none of the documented customers got a MG.

A better comparison would be to say that everyone who ordered Predators got them but nobody who ordered Masters of Danger or whatever else he took money for got those, but even that wouldn't be an accurate comparison since I don't think JPop has made any public statements along the lines that he's folding up shop, therefore it can be argued that this being the first game is the first to be shipped to paid customers and the others are coming.

Now in reality those others probably wont ever come but I think as long as he can say he is working towards it, even if forced into bk, the MG sales are done.

Anyway... both situations suck... just saying they are different.

I'm glad at least MG's are happening for those people

#21191 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

In the predator case Tim is being considered preferential because nobody else got one and was he even a customer order?

Exactly. The 19 MG owners got their games. If none of them got their games and JPop sold one under the table to somebody else, (like Kevin allegedly did with Tim Fife) THEN Whysnow's argument would have merit.

Just think about it. If you buy a new refrigerator and the company who made it goes out of business, the banks aren't going to send out law enforcement and take everybody's fridge back. That's ridiculous.

#21192 2 years ago

Here is a fact, I paid John Popadiuk $5000 for this peice of paper. For those of you getting an MG congrats, am I envious.. Hell yes! but IMHO it is very poor form for those getting their games (that were most certainly partially funded by RAZA & AIW dollars and unpaid vendors work) to come in here and gloat about how valuable their games are gunna be. Enjoy your games guys you deserve them, but tread lightly on those of us who got stepped on in the process of your games being built.

I agree that some sensitivity is warranted for RAZA and AIW buyers for sure, but the posts talking about high value here are from non-owners. Is it a fact that there have been MG owners here gloating (your word) about how valuable their games will be? I thought it has been non-owners on this thread pointing out the the future value; if such it would seem your anger is misplaced.

#21193 2 years ago

lol someone has to be an idiot might as well be me

#21194 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

your anger is misplaced.

There are only two people I am angry with:

1. Myself - for ever trusting John.
2. John - for taking advantage of that trust.

#21195 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

For sale $50k magic girl pm for serious interest

I have only half-hearted interest so I'll just post here instead of PM.

#21196 2 years ago

The gloating and chest pounding is very uncool to those who got nothing. The only one really doing that is Special K. Others are guys in the business who are pointing out that no matter who got burned , there will be some collector with money burning a hole in their pockets for one of these. That's not gloating, it's more of a reality. To some, it's a hard pill to swallow, and at the same time, understood.

#21197 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Or they got preferrential treatment in delivery of assets... That is for the court to decide.

What preferential treatment? I am not understanding this. These people paid for MG's, they are getting MG's. These were bought and paid for BEFORE AIW and RAZA became available. FIFO, first in, first out. Even if you paid for RAZA or AIW, you have zero claim towards MG. Unless one can prove in a court of law that those monies were used to produce MG. Please tell me how anyone can prove that beyond a reasonable doubt? We all know.....but prove it.

The Kevin and Tim Fife example is way out of this ballpark, bad comparison. That was an under the table deal.

#21198 2 years ago

Is anyone aware of what is happening with the 2 sample/prototype games made which were quoted as existing outside of the buyers 19? I'm sure i read somewhere these were scheduled to get sold?? which is just unbelievable if true.

Also why make 25 playfields and only 21 games?

#21199 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

What preferential treatment? I am not understanding this. These people paid for MG's, they are getting MG's. These were bought and paid for BEFORE AIW and RAZA became available. FIFO, first in, first out. Even if you paid for RAZA or AIW, you have zero claim towards MG. Unless one can prove in a court of law that those monies were used to produce MG. Please tell me how anyone can prove that beyond a reasonable doubt? We all know.....but prove it.
The Kevin and Tim Fife example is way out of this ballpark, bad comparison. That was an under the table deal.

Go research bankruptcy laws and then come back. There is a good reason i am suggesting people retain a lawyer asap and then let the courts sort it out. Reality is that once the books have to be priovided, it will become crytal clear if raza and aiw money was used for any part of the creation of mg. if it was, then may god have mercy on all souls.

#21200 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

What preferential treatment? I am not understanding this

Because it is referring to the legal defintion of preferential... not your social definition. In this scenario, its referring to the idea that one creditor is getting more return than another would from an insolvant debtor than they would otherwise had in the bankruptcy. This article sums up the scenario in question up concisely:

"Payments Within 90 Days of Bankruptcy
If you make payments of over $600 in aggregate to a creditor in the 90-day period prior to your filing date while you are insolvent (meaning your debts exceed your assets) and that payment allows the creditor to receive more than it would otherwise have through your bankruptcy, it is a preferential debt payment. Also, keep in mind that bankruptcy law presumes you are insolvent during the 90-day period prior to bankruptcy. As a result, the trustee does not have to prove insolvency in most cases"
http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/bankruptcy/preferential-debt-payments.html#

Hence the discussion back and forth with me an Razorback.. what makes these payments/deliveries at risk is if the company is insolvant or near bankruptcy.. the deliveries could be deemed preferntial payments.. even tho they are not insider deals, fraud, etc... because its simply about getting more return than the other creditors from a bankrupt business. Timing is key in all this..

Quoted from vdojaq:

These people paid for MG's, they are getting MG's. These were bought and paid for BEFORE AIW and RAZA became available. FIFO, first in, first out. Even if you paid for RAZA or AIW, you have zero claim towards MG. Unless one can prove in a court of law that those monies were used to produce MG. Please tell me how anyone can prove that beyond a reasonable doubt? We all know.....but prove it.

Product A vs Product B is irrelevant in this context.. it's about payments to creditors from an insolvent, or bankrupt entity that is the key point.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MO
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside