(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 418 of 491.
#20851 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Go figure?
Only 19 mg's for an entire planet of people and you know a guy in the area getting one.
Will you be able to play it when he gets it?

i wonder if i know this guy?

#20852 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Omg! Is it you!?

IMG_3031 (resized).JPGIMG_3031 (resized).JPG

#20853 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Let's ask.....did any of you guys have a signed contract?

If this wasn't the case, i wouldn't even be mentioning not getting what was agreed and i certainly wouldn't have spent 2 years working with zidware without a contract in place. This wasn't a hobby for me.. It was a career choice. You should listen to my interview with thisflippinpodcast for more insight. $11k was missing from the invoices by the end of my time there along with NO GAME and was why i had to stop working for them.

so to clear up any confusion YES i did.

#20854 7 years ago

haha , no .. i know crazy levi , so hoping i might know the same guy he knows.

#20855 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Everyone knows this guy. It's Pinside's favorite banned member.

#20856 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I had a playing prototype here in the office for a good year with plenty of code and features, sounds, graphics etc

Do you happen to have any pics or video of the prototype? It would be interesting to be able to compare with whatever is delivered to customers.

#20857 7 years ago

I'm having a hard time deciding which drama thread deserves most of my attention these days....this one, the SkitB/Kulek one, or now the Dutch Pinball one.

#20858 7 years ago

Hearing that guy owning one is like extra Hershey squirts on this poop pie.

Wonder if he opens it up and takes it out of the box?

#20860 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm having a hard time deciding which drama thread deserves most of my attention these days....this one, the SkitB/Kulek one, or now the Dutch Pinball one.

Hmm... my take is, and if it's any constellation, it's gotta
be Vulpecula (latin for "Little Fox") from the Dumbbell Nebula

#20861 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Hearing that guy owning one is like extra Hershey squirts on this poop pie.
Wonder if he opens it up and takes it out of the box?

That's not very nice!

I don't know who you guys are talking about, but I'm looking forward to playing this game - or at least looking at it (who the hell knows if it will work) on Monday.

#20862 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Do you happen to have any pics or video of the prototype? It would be interesting to be able to compare with whatever is delivered to customers.

There are photos and video from the NWPAS in 2011.
That was the prototype.
One photo is already shown in this thread for reference from about a month back.
There are three legitimate buyers I am aware locally here in the PNW, so the game is not completely unobtanium to potentially see, if interested people live in the United States. It is even possible enthusiasts may see one at various pinball shows in the next year.
Technically speaking it is also possible that more than 25 (or thereabouts) games were made, based on requirements to fulfill contracts and support American Pinball. These numbers have not been released, as I do not have verification of all buyers that "paid in full" during the entire story fiasco. I hope all the buyers kept their sales invoices for verification when contacted.
Anyway, not every collector treats pinball games as shrines in the corners of their basements.

Added over 7 years ago: Corrected number, 19 (or thereabouts) based on original payments, estimated built is still unknown.

#20863 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

139rxc (resized).jpg139rxc (resized).jpg

#20864 7 years ago

Not this Monday.....

#20865 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Everyone knows this guy. It's Pinside's favorite banned member.

Is kaneda getting a magic girl ?

#20866 7 years ago

He's engaged, so I think he already got one

#20867 7 years ago

Rumor is that he bought Mr. 68's spot.

#20868 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Rumor is that he bought Mr. 68's spot.

Ah...he might have had a good deal.

(And mr 68 is probably sick to the stomach now mg's are ready for pickup )

I would sell my aiw spot in a heartbeat for half the monies too.

#20869 7 years ago

he might have had a good deal.

#20870 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

He's engaged, so I think he already got one

More like a very tolerant girl!

#20871 7 years ago

I bet it just chaps his ass that he can't be on here bragging about it too! Isn't that right Special K? Because well all know damn well he reads it all on here!

#20872 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I bet it just chaps his ass that he can't be on here bragging about it too! Isn't that right Special K? Because well all know damn well he reads it all on here!

Yeah, it takes a real genius to know that he reads these threads...since he talks about them on his podcast.

How many people thought he was an incredible idiot when he bought someone's spot for MG? I certainly did! He doesn't look quite as dumb for that move now though, does he? Especially if he got it for a discount, which I would assume he did.

#20873 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It all screams do not buy something you can not touch.

#20874 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, it takes a real genius to know that he reads these threads...since he talks about them on his podcast.
How many people thought he was an incredible idiot when he bought someone's spot for MG? I certainly did! He doesn't look quite as dumb for that move now though, does he? Especially if he got it for a discount, which I would assume he did.

He paid $20k for it. Not sure if I believe $$ actually changed hands at the time because it was unbelievably stupid then, but he claims he actually did it

Maybe he can flip that box of lights for whatever? Guarantee you he's already trying to find a sucker to take it off his hands.

#20875 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He paid $20k for it. Not sure if I believe $$ actually changed hands at the time because it was unbelievably stupid then, but he claims he actually did it
Maybe he can flip that box of lights for whatever? Guarantee you he's already trying to find a sucker to take it off his hands.

I'm clearing out room right now...who wants to buy a Robocop?

#20876 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At least the Dutch Pinball crew has been finally outed for the shit show that they are and have been for a LONG time.

Same song second verse, like Jpop, nobody wanted to believe anything was wrong and just made excuses for the lack of communication and lies.

The Alien drama is pretty intriguing too btw.

#20877 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At least the Dutch Pinball crew has been finally outed for the shit show that they are and have been for a LONG time.
Same song second verse, like Jpop, nobody wanted to believe anything was wrong and just made excuses for the lack of communication and lies.
The Alien drama is pretty intriguing too btw.

I read those threads too... While Dutch Pinball seems to be imploding, looks like Alien is shipping and is gonna be at TPF.

#20878 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I read those threads too... While Dutch Pinball seems to be imploding, looks like Alien is shipping and is gonna be at TPF.

Dutch was shipping and went to a bunch of shows too.

#20879 7 years ago

Jpop just sent a pics link - I'm MG#006, I hope its in there somewhere!
http://www.zidware.com/inventor/magicgirl/images.html

#20880 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Maybe it's a matter of semantics, but I would not say that "Alien is shipping." A single pin going out to an Arcade, and another being close to going out, isn't saying too much.

When they start shipping in bulk containers, that's when I'd say "Alien is shipping." And it does look like that day is getting closer.

#20881 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everyone here seems to know something about Dutch Pinball that I don't. Care to give some info?

#20882 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Everyone here seems to know something about Dutch Pinball that I don't. Care to give some info?

Tits up.

#20883 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Damn, it's puuuurty

#20884 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Maybe it's a matter of semantics, but I would not say that "Alien is shipping." One pin going out to an Arcade, and another being close to going out, isn't saying too much.
When they start shipping in bulk containers, that's when I'd say "Alien is shipping." And it does look like that day is getting closer.

+ 1000

As we all should know by now, until your pin has landed on your doorstep it still feels like fantasyland. Very happy for Andrew though and he communicates to all of us. Looking forward to my LE this year sometime.

#20885 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Behind the scenes parts fiasco with both sides blaming each other. In addition, only 300 TBLs are going to be made.

#20886 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Maybe it's a matter of semantics, but I would not say that "Alien is shipping." A single pin going out to an Arcade, and another being close to going out, isn't saying too much.

Good point. Looking forward to seeing video at TPF.

#20887 7 years ago

And mr 68 is probably sick to the stomach now mg's are ready for pickup

LMAO

#20888 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

I wish we could see a 3 ball game played. Him showing pics is what bought years of time.

#20889 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

In short, they've been caught in a couple of lies. Turns out, the delays are due not to designing issues... After customers reached out to the manufacturer, they received a response saying that the playfields won't be released until DP pays it's bills. DP says that the manufacturer added 1000 euros to the price of each play field, which is in dispute. This has allegedly been known by DP since October, but customers are just learning about it today. Lawsuits being threatened..... Those 17 that they shipped may become collectables.

#20890 7 years ago

Kim!!!!

#20891 7 years ago

A pack of liars to varying degrees is rampant with Pinball "manufacturers"

Absolute worst part about this hobby.

Harder to do it the right way? Always is. In long run, people like Spooky will thrive and grow because of it

#20892 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If only it could go back to the days when mobsters and gamblers were running the industry.

#20893 7 years ago

So now that's it Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy time, what happened with the depositions and lawsuit? Buyers get their games and maintain a lawsuit? Interesting dilemma.

Game provided with a clause to drop all future litigation options? !

#20894 7 years ago

I'll be playing it next week and shoot video….

#20895 7 years ago

i just want one of those magic girl handies i keep reading about.

#20896 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Harder to do it the right way? Always is. In long run, people like Spooky will thrive and grow because of it

Yep...I really wish DP success and hope they they don't end up in the Kulek/JPop/Vonnie D world.

The Phil drama (and price tag) scared me off long ago.

#20897 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yep...I really wish DP success and hope they they don't end up in the Kulek/JPop/Vonnie D world.
The Phil drama (and price tag) scared me off long ago.

I had $$ paid, like an idiot as usual, and thankfully Phil pushed the refund button!

#20898 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I had $$ paid, like an idiot as usual, and thankfully Phil pushed the refund button!

So you were one of the fortunate few! Congrats... that was a short window.

#20899 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Anyone else find it weird that there are never more than 4 in a single picture? These are supposed to be ready next week? I wonder if all 19 owners have been contacted and have plans of delivery/pickup of their game.

#20900 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Anyone else find it weird that there are never more than 4 in a single picture? These are supposed to be ready next week? I wonder if all 19 owners have been contacted and have plans of delivery/pickup of their game.

And are these definitely different to the ones which were in John's studio ages ago?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 418 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/418 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.