(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 412 of 491.
#20551 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I agree, in Jpop's world, he is still ok per the Timeline paragraph in Exhibit 1 - minimum 14 months, but no maximum deadline, just the vague "reasonable amount of time".

Actually, his contract stipulated, "The purchaser may terminate or otherwise cancel their order at any time, prior to actual shipment or transfer of possession of the finished pinball machine to the Purchaser..." So if he somehow feels he is still meeting the contract in a reasonable amount of time, then he needs to honor refund requests per the contract. Otherwise he needs to declare bankruptcy, end this charade, and face some repercussions like Kevin is going through the accounting.

And while a lot here seem to think Jpop would have kept better records, I'm not so sure. I never was on any of his lists despite making multiple payments, and he never could tell me which machine/number I would even be receiving if they were ever made. I think he's screwed if Zane can get down to that level of scrutiny with him as well...

#20552 7 years ago

What was the "DIY Opton"?

#20553 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

What was the "DIY Opton"?

Back when RAZA was still BHZA there was an option for an extra $1K to get the game in parts and JPop (and maybe Ben) would come to your house and help you build it.

#20554 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Seems like just yesterday writing those checks and feeling good about a Zombie pin.....
In retrospect it was totally my fault for giving him money past the "design" phase.

I feel like the dumbest Mfer ever now.

There were flashing danger signs everywhere!

Early and often too. That's ok, won't be the last time I do something stupid in my life!

That DB had everybody giving him the kid glove treatment

#20555 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Back when RAZA was still BHZA there was an option for an extra $1K to get the game in parts and JPop (and maybe Ben) would come to your house and help you build it.

AH! I remember that. Didn't realize 'DIY' was having Ben assemble a gmae for you.

#20556 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys are gonna be awful surprised when those MGs start showing up soon

Elaborate please?

#20557 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

AH! I remember that. Didn't realize 'DIY' was having Ben assemble a gmae for you.

Niether did Ben

#20558 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Elaborate please?

American Pinball

#20559 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

American Pinball

Nope . Let's just say not entirely

Stay tuned

#20560 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nope . Let's just say not entirely
Stay tuned

Your are going to start chaos with everyone who is owed but been on the other end of silence from the JPop camp. Not cool to dangle this carrot and offer no substance.

#20561 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Your are going to start chaos with everyone who is owed but been on the other end of silence from the JPop camp. Not cool to dangle this carrot and offer no substance.

I'm saying Jpop himself has been a busy little beaver

So am I saying "there's still a chance"? For MG guys, yep. Like I said, stay tuned

#20562 7 years ago

Doug, I can't believe after all this you're going to think there's a chance jpop delivers anything despite what he says or how he spends his days. The same guy that had AP shitcan all his work and start over on Houdini.

#20563 7 years ago

That's right. He updated his website to say "In Production" and put 2017 on it. He's going to get the light box out so he can say "You got a machine, can't sue me now".

#20564 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Doug, I can't believe after all this you're going to think there's a chance jpop delivers anything despite what he says or how he spends his days. The same guy that had AP shitcan all his work and start over on Houdini.

I'm saying I'm HIGHLY skeptical of course as to whether the box that goes out will be worth a shit or with any semblance of playable code whatsoever but, yes, the boxes with lights might actually go out

They are being built, at least the daily attempt is there

#20565 7 years ago

I've heard the rumors, but to me it seemed a smoke screen against the lawsuit. The moment he doesn't show up with a screwdriver every day and pretends they can be delivered is the day it is officially over.

#20566 7 years ago

And oh btw, it's being done in AP's warehouse

Without the Houdini crew help or involvement. Total separation

#20567 7 years ago

If the bom on MG is $7k, he needs $140k just to get them done. With the barter deal not happening, dunno where the parts are going to come from or be paid for.

#20568 7 years ago

So we are now up to the third Savior of MG?

#20569 7 years ago

I believe the rich dude from AP is unofficially funding 20 MG builds

#20570 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well that is awfully nice of him.

#20571 7 years ago

So are you guys saying it's not too late to get in on this project? Or is there still only a limited number of spots.

#20572 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No hope for us RAZA guys

#20573 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well that is awfully nice of him.

Who developed Houdini?

Whether it's simply to avoid Kulek fate or not, a box of lights are supposedly going out

#20574 7 years ago

Why am I even complaining... I got a t-shirt and it wasn't even on the list.

#20575 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So are you guys are saying it's not too late to get in on this project? Or is there still only a limited number of spots.

Plenty of spots available for RAZA and AIW.

Meanwhile...

[JPop to MG creditors in his best Oprah voice]: "YOU get a preference payment, and YOU get a preference payment, and YOU get a preference payment!"

#20576 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

No hope for us RAZA guys

Haven't figured that one out yet.

Other than knowing Billy B. is no dummy despite attempting to help that dope John, not sure how they plan on navigating that one

#20577 7 years ago

Will Andrew ship an Alien pin before this happens

#20578 7 years ago

At this juncture I'd prefer to see Jpop in the dock in Ultra HD

He can shove his lightbox BS.

#20579 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Probably not, to be blunt.

It's all about massively over-promising and biblically under-delivering, innit.

#20580 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really not sure if I would take the over or under on that one!

#20581 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Why am I even complaining... I got a t-shirt and it wasn't even on the list.

If you had never sent that late night RGP post I would have never known and maybe we would have lost out on those expensive Tshirts. I so wanted to believe!

#20582 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Ok, here is the THIRD AMENDED COMPLAINT (most recent version of the original complaint in the JPOP suit, dated Sept. 22, 2015).
It is 44 pages, but a lot of it is repetitive since it lists the same allegations over and over (on behalf of different plaintiffs).
So, first we get the details of Plaintiff Gilbody's basis for his suit against JPOP. Then pages 3-4 are largely the same, but for a different plaintiff (Zilch) and amount of $$$ ($6,895).
Then it goes on and on in a similar vein listing the other 20 plaintiffs' claims (for varying amounts of $$$).
I deleted pages 5-39 due to their repetitive nature. Pages 40-41 contain additional info from COUNT LXVII. Page 42 is the "certificate of service" and pages 43-44 are "Exhibit 1."
Exhibits 2-19 (referenced in support of various plaintiffs' suits) are likely correspondence between plaintiffs and JPOP, bills, receipts, sale contracts, screen grabs of Zidware's website and blog, etc. advertising MG, RAZA, AIW and assuring plaintiffs that all is well and that the games are on the way.
I did not get those exhibits, because I did not want to pay for them.
If anyone wants the full 44 page THIRD AMENDED COMPLAINT, please PM me with your email address and I will send it along.

Wow. Need to study up on my roman numerals. That is a lot of counts.

#20583 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've heard the rumors, but to me it seemed a smoke screen against the lawsuit. The moment he doesn't show up with a screwdriver every day and pretends they can be delivered is the day it is officially over.

How eager is he going to be to show up with that screwdriver everyday if he is assembling each machine all by himself?

I think the build quality and amount of working features per machine is going to decrease with every pin after the 3rd or 4th one assembled once the burnout and monotony kick in.

Not to mention the desperate pleas and uncomprehending cries of "Work, goddamn you... WORK!!!" directed at the boxes of lights!

#20584 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

If you had never sent that late night RGP post I would have never known and maybe we would have lost out on those expensive Tshirts. I so wanted to believe!

Hey, and I still have it NWT as they say on eBay.
Wonder if I can get my 9k back for it.... ?

Thank you Buddy!

RAZA (resized).jpgRAZA (resized).jpg

#20585 7 years ago

Finally got Defendant JPOP's interrogatories for the Plaintiffs (started on this last week but the Cook County clerks took a while to process the request). Was hoping for a more specific line of questioning from JPOP (especially when a bunch of what he is requesting was already attached to the Plaintiffs' complaints).

Not sure if this is him gearing up to fight, or just delaying things while he "assembles" MGs and "delivers" them to customers?

Anyway, here's the filing.

JPop interrogs.pdfJPop interrogs.pdf

#20586 7 years ago

Huh.
Apparently, 'Justin Kelly' and Michael Engel' have to give their depositions at the same time.

#20587 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Finally got Defendant JPOP's interrogatories for the Plaintiffs (started on this last week but the Cook County clerks took a while to process the request). Was hoping for a more specific line of questioning from JPOP (especially when a bunch of what he is requesting was already attached to the Plaintiffs' complaints).
Not sure if this is him gearing up to fight, or just delaying things while he "assembles" MGs and "delivers" them to customers?

Those scheduled depositions may provide just enough motivation to finally tip this case and push Zidware into bankruptcy. All it takes is 3 unsecured creditors collectively owed a little over $14,000 to file an involuntary Chapter 7 petition.

#20588 7 years ago

What if there was a Zidware store online this whole time selling art/shirts/prototype parts?
Would it still be funding the operation or possibly refunds at this rate?

#20589 7 years ago

If there's a court case, pleasepleaseplease let there be audio recordings. The Predator's Court is the hottest pinball podcast out right now.

#20590 7 years ago

Since everything is looking up,who wants to buy my alice in wonderland spot?
I lost interest

#20591 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Huh.
Apparently, 'Justin Kelly' and Michael Engel' have to give their depositions at the same time.

Where do you see that?

#20592 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Where do you see that?

Click the pdf image in c508's post to see the whole document.

#20593 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Click the pdf image in c508's post to see the whole document.

WTF I am supposed to be in Illinois on Feb 10th? this is the first I have heard about that!

IMG_6259 (resized).PNGIMG_6259 (resized).PNG

#20594 7 years ago

Can it be done by phone??

#20595 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can it be done by phone??

I sure hope so! I would hate to try and find decent airfare on this short of notice let alone get the time off work.

#20596 7 years ago

Concretehardt call Zane and find out if Illinois court rules allow you to video-conference or phone in for your deposition. Then you can save $$$ for your trip to be a witness if it goes to trial.

If you do fly, ALASKA is the way to go since Chicago is their eastern-most hub and they usually have good deals for that route (I fly to PDX from O'Hare more often than to SEA due to price difference, having friends in both places, and liking the drive between the two cities).

Anyway, the notices (at least according to the docket) went out two weeks ago (Jan. 17) and would have been certified mail so it would be weird for you not to get it (unless all of them went to the Plaintiff's attorney instead).

Mailings out (resized).JPGMailings out (resized).JPG

#20597 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I sure hope so! I would hate to try and find decent airfare on this short of notice let alone get the time off work.

Spirit flys super cheap between pdx and O'Hara.

Last time I booked was about $140 RT.

Airline sucks but it's cheap

#20598 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

One thing I find interesting about this is that it may indicate that JPop has a rather significant source of funds for legal expenses, unless he has a friend that is doing the legal work pro bono.

Taking just one deposition is not cheap. Attorney fees at the hourly rate for what I would guess would be a minimum of a two hour deposition for each person being deposed will add up quickly, not to mention the Court Reporter fees.

#20599 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One thing I find interesting about this is that it may indicate that JPop has a rather significant source of funds for legal expenses, unless he has a friend that is doing the legal work pro bono.
Taking just one deposition is not cheap. Attorney fees at the hourly rate for what I would guess would be a minimum of a two hour deposition for each person being deposed will add up quickly, not to mention the Court Reporter fees.

wait... JPOP spending money on fruitless paths without considering the long term consequence? who is surprised?

#20600 7 years ago

I have received no certified mail in this matter as of business yesterday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 412 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/412 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.