(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 491.
#20002 7 years ago

You wasted it

Preserved your actual post before the edit.

And I got a Palindrome to boot

#20003 7 years ago

Lol. Perfect anticlimactic post for 20k

#20005 7 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Lol. Perfect nonclimactic post for 20k

What else would you expect in a Jpop thread...

#20006 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What else would you expect in a Jpop thread...

Well played good sir!

#20007 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Do you understand what a Section 179 deduction is? And how the choice of entity and the ability to allocate write offs might be beneficial to one party versus another?

That is the code for bonus deprecation, where a business can take some purchases and exp them rather than capitalized, lessens their taxable income.

Even I know that...though it's been a few years.

#20008 7 years ago

Am I back? I hit some post limit right before 20k!

We all need to figure out appropriate Jpop pic and sentiment to mark the event

One of my cats look guilty. Got the lid off. Looks like a little beady eyed Jpop

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#20009 7 years ago

Reserved???? Wtf
Hilton I hope you have something worth saying in post 20,000

#20010 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Reserved???? Wtf
Hilton I hope you have something worth saying in post 20,000

Why start now?

#20011 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Am I back? I hit some post limit right before 20k!

I thought it was your booze limit you hit. LoL.

#20012 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I thought it was your booze limit you hit. LoL.

Those shot multipliers are currently uncapped.

#wheresthecode

#20013 7 years ago

I don't want to sound cynical here, but until someone plays Houdini, how does anyone know it's not just another foam core mock-up like the Zidware Kiss machine?

#20014 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm still struggling to understand the financial basis on which American Pinball would agree to make Magic Girl (and later RAZA and AIW) owners whole. Like you said, legally they have no obligation to. And how in the world would JPop's "patented cabinet design" be worth anything? How much would his designs be worth? Not anywhere remotely close to justifying the cost of manufacturing and delivering all the Magic Girls.
So what is the carrot that made American Pinball bite on this idea of making MG owners whole?
Is it that they think John Popaduik himself is worth that (to have his design and name on Houdini)? Do they think that JPop is one of the best designers in pinball history, thereby meaning that they think that they could sell a ton of Houdini pins and make a huge profit? Makes me go back to what I said earlier about wondering how much profit there really is in a pin.
It just seems to me that the potential liabilities being associated with JPop far outweigh the positives. But I readily acknowledge that Pinside does not make up the majority of the pinball market, and my views may not reflect how the hobby as a whole would look at this project.
Either way, it's crazy to watch this develop

As I understand, the MG's where sold for $14k (and change). People made downpayments, some as high as $7k. They are happy to pay the other half to finally get their MG (sunk cost fallacy).

While apparently, AP will sell Houdini for $6995 (half price of MG). I would not be surprised if they end up selling and building more MG's than only the pre-ordered ones.

#20015 7 years ago

Pictures of these pins or we are really wasting time here.

#20016 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Yeah can someone post pics of that Houdini pin

#20017 7 years ago

As posted in the other thread:

As I was preparing my monthly Pinball Magazine Newsletter with the recap of September I found myself wondering about a thing or two about American Pinball. As I've had some email contact with them last week when Houdini was first announced I dropped them an email and asked whether they would be up for a quick phone interview. As they were I figured: let's turn that into a podcast and they were OK with that. So here's the first Pinball Magazine podcast: A quick interview with Scott Goldberg and Dhaval Vasani of American Pinball.

https://soundcloud.com/user-935579828/pinball-magazine-podcast-01-american-pinball
https://soundcloud.com/user-935579828

Please note: I'm not trying to be Nate or any of the other podcasts, but this was the quickest way to get the interview out. So don't expect any tunes, jingles and all that kind of stuff. This is just a phone interview with an intro and outro. During the interview at some point the audio dropped away on Scott's end, but I left it like that. I figured what he was trying to say was pretty clear.

Hope you enjoy and appreciate the effort

Cheers,

Jonathan
http://www.pinball-magazine.com

#20018 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Where have you been Rip Van Winkle?

#20019 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Where have you been Rip Van Winkle?

Old_Rip_Van_Winkle_Bourbon (resized).jpgOld_Rip_Van_Winkle_Bourbon (resized).jpg

#20020 7 years ago

Hehe, yep, no booze or shot limits here!

I'm thinking a pic of that slob Jpop at this years expo needs to go at 20k with the appropriate captions

I hope it works out but these two guys have zero clue about pinball

#20021 7 years ago
#20022 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking a pic of that slob Jpop at this years expo needs to go at 20k with the appropriate captions

If JPop is at the expo no one will care about the 20k post, they will care about the 25k post.

#20023 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If JPop is at the expo no one will care about the 20k post, they will care about the 25k post.

PInside needs to update to 20k+ as it's stuck on 19k+

#20024 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah yes, the silver anniversary, I'm sure this drama is FAR from over.

These great expo's come at the worst time for me. Tax deadline on 17th this year.

This one will be epic

#20025 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

PInside needs to update to 20k+ as it's stuck on 19k+

I think it counts posts net of deletion, whereas the counter per post herein is gross post without considering deleted posts.

#20026 7 years ago

My friend taxman will probably be in on a nib Magic Girl if it turns out not to be photoshop.

#20027 7 years ago

I already have mine.

GameroomWithMG (resized).jpgGameroomWithMG (resized).jpg

#20028 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I already have mine.

You should be seriously ashamed of yourself. Those games are really not leveled right, come on!

#20029 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

As posted in the other thread:
As I was preparing my monthly Pinball Magazine Newsletter with the recap of September I found myself wondering about a thing or two about American Pinball. As I've had some email contact with them last week when Houdini was first announced I dropped them an email and asked whether they would be up for a quick phone interview. As they were I figured: let's turn that into a podcast and they were OK with that. So here's the first Pinball Magazine podcast: A quick interview with Scott Goldberg and Dhaval Vasani of American Pinball.
https://soundcloud.com/user-935579828/pinball-magazine-podcast-01-american-pinball
https://soundcloud.com/user-935579828
Please note: I'm not trying to be Nate or any of the other podcasts, but this was the quickest way to get the interview out. So don't expect any tunes, jingles and all that kind of stuff. This is just a phone interview with an intro and outro. During the interview at some point the audio dropped away on Scott's end, but I left it like that. I figured what he was trying to say was pretty clear.
Hope you enjoy and appreciate the effort
Cheers,
Jonathan
http://www.pinball-magazine.com

That was a great interview sir, thanks for arranging it and sharing.

#20030 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You should be seriously ashamed of yourself. Those games are really not leveled right, come on!

Is this better? I leveled them after I installed my deluxe Pin-Footsies.

PinFootsies6 (resized).jpgPinFootsies6 (resized).jpg

#20031 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Is this better? I leveled them after I installed my deluxe Pin-Footsies.

Okay, that made me laugh. Well done!

#20032 7 years ago

what if a miracle happens and these cabinets are really delivered to the people that ordered them. I know big IF, but would you still be able to enjoy them? I mean i would just be remembered to something i want to forget.

What about it, you all want to keep em?

Also since the chance of getting one is gone up from 0.1 to 10% What would your seat be worth now? Anyone want to sell their ticket for less then they invested? I mean i wouldn't ... i'll just ride it out. But i wonder how you guys think about it.

#20033 7 years ago
Quoted from XNIF:

what if a miracle happens would you still be able to enjoy them?

Yes, i think the rough ride will make it more legend eventually.
Bbb has it's stories too.
If everybody receives a machine,the wounds will mend and the history of zidware will just be a story to tell to people who look at your machine.
A miracle IS happening...thanks to American Pinball.

#20034 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

A miracle IS happening...thanks to American Pinball.

Woa, slow your roll a little bit. At least until they show a flipping machine.

#20035 7 years ago

Bbb has it's stories too.

The stories of BBB getting done I think contributed greatly to people's belief in both Predator and the Zidware games being possible, if late. I wouldn't use it as any sort of claim now.

Now it's all on AP to put up or shut up.

#20036 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The stories of BBB getting done I think contributed greatly to people's belief in both Predator and the Zidware games being possible,

Not if they followed along from the beginning.

Them actually getting done may have done it.

LTG : )

#20037 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not if they followed along from the beginning.

Gene displayed heart, resolute determination and clear intention to get it done. He also had solid basic resources when he started.

JPop portrayed more of a fantasy of extreme pinball design and glory. He wanted to create it all himself.

I recalled watching and listening to Gene's speech about building BBB and sensing that determination in his voice. I failed to commit when I knew I should have. When JPop came along, I jumped on the band wagon with full faith, not wanting to miss out on that next opportunity. In retrospect, I should have paid more attention to what I was really seeing. Hind sight is 20-20.

#20038 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

He also had solid basic resources when he started.

Not quite.

Originally half the money up front the rest when done. A year in he needed the other half. He himself did lose a lot of money on the project.

Four different groups, one after another over the years worked on it. A lot of volunteers helped a lot too.

#20039 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not quite.
Originally half the money up front the rest when done. A year in he needed the other half. He himself did lose a lot of money on the project.
Four different groups, one after another over the years worked on it. A lot of volunteers helped a lot too.

Thanks Lloyd. Yes, he lost a ton of money on the project but it was so nice to see it done. A lot of happy customers, as expected a few capitalized on the investment. (can't blame them really)

I was impressed most I think by the determination to try and see it through. JPop might have done about as well if he had accepted all the volunteer help that was being offered to him.

#20040 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Woa, slow your roll a little bit. At least until they show a flipping machine.

Quoted from frolic:

The stories of BBB getting done I think contributed greatly to people's belief in both Predator and the Zidware games being possible, if late. I wouldn't use it as any sort of claim now.
Now it's all on AP to put up or shut up.

If you are the positive thinking voice in a pinside topic, it feels like you get the villain treatment.
Take a sidenote of that if you will.
A miracle is happening, i am not talking about deep rulesheets and stuff.
But about an entity that is helping out solving a horrible problem for a lot of people.

What i think nobody understands, is that FIRST you are thankful and polite to someone like that.
Your mama raised you like that..
Ap reads pinside too.
If they don't deliver, feel free to have your negative opinion?!
Face to face you would all shuffle your feet,and mumble thank you..

I would like to receive a pinball from these guys if you don't mind?

Now downvote me,good luck with that.

#20041 7 years ago

If you are the positive thinking voice in a pinside topic, it feels like you get the villain treatment.
Take a sidenote of that if you will.

Not calling you a villain. Just that you are getting ahead of yourself. They havent actually done anything of note yet.

A miracle is happening, i am not talking about deep rulesheets and stuff.
But about an entity that is helping out solving a horrible problem for a lot of people.

Well maybe you're right. Heck, if AP and JPOP can come up with a second miracle, we can start the formal process for Sainthood.
First up, beatification.

#20042 7 years ago

If you start with stoning them ? why should they build a machine for you?

#20043 7 years ago

Trust, but Verify.

#20044 7 years ago

Wasn't this the exact argument people made to keep coddling JPOP and not question him, which allowed him to perpetrate the fraud for years?
If a healthy bit of skepticism on an internet forum causes AP to decide not to build a machine for you, then they were never going to build a game for you.

#20045 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If a healthy bit of skepticism on an internet forum

You call this healthy skepticism?
Are you for real?

#20046 7 years ago

Are you for real?

No, I'm fake. Don't tell anybody.

#20047 7 years ago

Are you for real?

And frankly, I'm beginning to question whether you are really a rockstar, pinball or otherwise.

#20048 7 years ago

My first thought was "are you for real"? There is no miracle happening. Even if they made and actually delivered every single MG game to the rightful owners they would only be about 10% done. What about ALL the RAZA & AIW owners!!? There are WAY MORE RAZA and AIW owners than MG. MG is just the tip......and even that is unlikely to get done, we shall see.

#20049 7 years ago

The whole thing screams scam. Should have called themselves Nigerian Pinball.

But people never learn.

#20050 7 years ago

Seen from an outsider: I never was a Jpop fan so I was (and still is) immune to the hype.

Quoted from CNKay:

But people never learn.

People never learn if they preorder from AP or put a large deposit.
But now assuming you could "cash and carry" a Houdini pin, why not? Especially if MG has shipped in the meantime?

AP (assuming it's legit and not a scam) made the bold bet that JPop name would attract publicity... well, it does! Good and Bad.

Time will tell if they can deliver. Let the MG/RAZA/AIW group of owners deal with AP. I'll keep an open mind until things are settled.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/401 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.