(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 487.
#19901 3 years ago

Great script Frolic. He should read that word for word. Would be a huge step towards moving forward and actually helping out AP as well.

#19902 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That said, I'll hope along with everyone else that Zidware's customers can somehow made whole, or even get back a fraction of what they're owed.

Heck, I didn't even get the cheap set of 3D glasses he promised. Now I should expect to be given a pinball machine??

#19903 3 years ago

I can guaranty you if jpop ever says anything about the entire delema it will be that its pinsiders fault for the issues at the end when he was looking for outside investors to help get him out of a hole... He won't take all the blame... Put money on it

#19904 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I can guaranty you if jpop ever says anything about the entire delema it will be that its pinsiders fault for the issues at the end when he was looking for outside investors to help get him out of a hole... He won't take all the blame... Put money on it

Wait, are you saying it's not Pinside's fault?

#19905 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Wait, are you saying it's not Pinside's fault?

Haha...

#19906 3 years ago

A script for JPOP to read at Expo.

Oh dear, we have crossed the line: Pinball fan fiction.

#19907 3 years ago

Jpoop will never ever apologize as he doesn't take responsibility for his actions

#19908 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've written jpop a script to open the seminar up. Somehow I don't think this is what he'll say, and somehow I doubt we are going to feel any satisfaction at the end of what he does say, and likely more rage. But here is what I suggest:
Hello everyone, thank you for coming. I just need to address something before we move along with this. I fucked up. Badly. I am going to own up to this now, belatedly, and I want to sincerely apologize to all the people I've harmed along the way from my actions. Every business can fail, but I treated my customers and friends terribly and I am ashamed of how I dealt with everything. I lied to you my customers, I lied to my friends and confidants, but more than anything I lied to myself. I lied to myself about the state of things, and kept telling those lies to myself until I didn't know what way was up. For this, I am very sorry.
I don't expect anyone to take my word for it, and I know I don't deserve any more of your trust or patience. But as they say, today is the first day of the rest of our lives, and starting today we're making delivery of the first completed Magic Girls. Chris from Cointaker has already taken delivery of the first one. He's over there. I treated Chris terrible, I'm sorry Chris. So I'm glad to start things moving forward today to repair things with him and everyone else.
I know everyone is tired of my smoke and mirrors, so there is a playable Magic Girl here at the show. Come see it. Everyone paid up for a Magic Girl is getting one. Then we start to make it up to the rest of my customers. Once they all are taken care of, we will then start taking new orders for my new Houdini game. In the meantime, it is here to play as well. I've got some great partners that are making this possible. So please let me introduce them...

You've got a good heart but John is far too ignorant to ever do anything like this.

QSS

#19909 3 years ago

What John is probably doing right now... lurking and laughing at every comment

jpop_pinside (resized).jpg

#19910 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

What John is probably doing right now... lurking and laughing at every comment

Hahaha,he has mirror reflecton of a pinside page in his glasses!
Well done

#19911 3 years ago

1ZIDWARE1small (resized).png

I know a few have listened to the interview that I did with John at Zidware in 2014 before EXPO,
but more people haven't than have. So instead of the part 1 and 2 youtube videos,
I put them both together and uploaded it today...

If you want to listen to it on MP3 here are the audio files as well.
http://www.904pinballzine.com/JohnPopadiukJRpart1/JohnPopadiukJrInterviewPartOne.MP3
http://www.904pinballzine.com/JohnPopadiukJRpart2/JohnPopadiukJrInterviewPartTwo.MP3

The tale to do this interview was for months I'd talked with him here and there on facebook.
I knew that eventually I'd want to interview him and that I'd be in Chicago.
So he asked for the questions, I sent them and he approved of them.

Then I was working in Chicago that week.
I went to Stern during the week and played Walking Dead Pro
before it came out and they knew in house that it'd be a hit.
I did my 2nd interview with George Gomez Jr but first in person

)
Here is footage driving up to the old factory as well...

This interview ended up happening the last day of my trip.
I typically always did video interviews when in person,
when I talked to him that morning he didn't approve of video,
so I had to run to radio shack, get an mp3 recorder and test test 123 on the way there.
That's why the funny did it record part is at the end of the interview.

I don't really know of anything else I can add to this tale,
I ended up missing my flight which wasn't a big deal,
but I wish I'd spent more time to do another part or two
of the interview and investigate the games and their states of progress.

It's just kinda wild that this interview happened about 2 years ago,
EXPO empty cabinet happened, Pintasia went down and then now American-Pinball is going on...

Thanks for reading/listening.

#19912 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Thanks for reading/listening.

While listening to jpoop I threw up in my mouth a little...

#19913 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

While listening to jpoop I threw up in my mouth a little...

That was not my intention behind posting this today though...

#19915 3 years ago

Excellent interviews High Protein, i listened to the Jpop one back then. Now its more amazing.

"Noodling". I can't even believe this BS coming out of his mouth.

I can't imagine a bigger dope.

Yeti helped perpetuate this scam due to the artwork wow factor. Everything else BLOWS. Not Yeti's fault.

"Mind energy". Have to get motivated every day. He's already making excuses for his failures.

The LIES are just without remorse.

#19916 3 years ago

This guy is beyond clueless.

Hard to believe i fell for this BS.

#19917 3 years ago

The biggest phony in the history of "making pinball".

He's a combination of "Python, Lawlor and Ritchie", says him!

He designs games for "everybody around the world"

You can't believe what's coming out of this guys mouth!!!!!!!!

#19918 3 years ago

Nobody...........would ever hire him. Why? Now we know. And then he scammed a few hundred people.

#19919 3 years ago

Gotta do it Ice...you talking about Jpop or DT?

#19920 3 years ago

Jpop and Gomez are the "Kingpins and custodians of pinball"! per him

He has a "responsibility to keep it going".

"Pinball school" is about him sharing his wonderful knowledge. Professor John.

You guys have to listen to this BS.

"I don't know how to do anything else" he says. "Very hard to explain"

He doesn't want to run "large runs of games"

Sadly, we bought into the mad scientist Jpop. Turns out he's a pathetic dope.

#19921 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Gotta do it Ice...you talking about Jpop or DT?

Who is DT Art? I'm a little buzzed right now so I might not be thinking clearly!

#19922 3 years ago

Jpop...........

"Doing it to make pinball and the community better, definitely NOT for personal gain"!!!!!!!!!!

What a F ing joke.

#19923 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm a little buzzed right now so I might not be thinking clearly!

That'll explain the 100 posts in a row and the serious bout of JPOP remorse

rd

#19924 3 years ago

"Not like a quick cash grab and let's soak everybody"

"Making what people want"

"Very kind of squeaky and mushy".

"A lot of people i met will buy games and leave them in the box"

"Friends are buying and just want to be in the crowd, support the business because you want to support pinball"

Again, great and timely interview pre Expo.

What a Dick he is!!!!!!

#19925 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That'll explain the 100 posts in a row and the serious bout of JPOP remorse
rd

If this thread gets to 20k posts I'm quitting pinball R diddy.

Listen to part two and tell me what you think. I have no remorse, just in total amazement.

I'm thinking we are both dumber than a bag of hammers.

#19926 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Excellent interviews High Protein, i listened to the Jpop one back then. Now its more amazing.
"Noodling". I can't even believe this BS coming out of his mouth.
I can't imagine a bigger dope.
Yeti helped perpetuate this scam due to the artwork wow factor. Everything else BLOWS. Not Yeti's fault.
"Mind energy". Have to get motivated every day. He's already making excuses for his failures.
The LIES are just without remorse.

And people wonder why some of us aren't so willing to give AP the benefit of the doubt after they chose JPOP to be the master designer in their operation.

#19927 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What a F ing joke.

Quoted from iceman44:

Deep breath, Ice, Deep breath.
We don't want anyone to have a heart attack about this...

#19928 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, it's only like 75 posts to make 20,000 so you better get those For Sale ads up.

Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking we are both dumber than a bag of hammers.

Not me buddy! My money has never been anywhere near any of JPOPs empty boxes o' lights!

rd

#19929 3 years ago

I am gonna be post #20000
Watch me!

#19931 3 years ago

Ice, I love when you get buzzed. I really want to have some drinks with you, and Art, and everyone else...

#19932 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I know everyone is tired of my smoke and mirrors, so there is a playable Magic Girl here at the show. Come see it. Everyone paid up for a Magic Girl is getting one. Then we start to make it up to the rest of my customers. Once they all are taken care of, we will then start taking new orders for my new Houdini game. In the meantime, it is here to play as well. I've got some great partners that are making this possible. So please let me introduce them...

Legally, this could never happen. JPop, for all purposes known to the general public, creditors, vendors, and anyone else he might owe, is NOT a partner in American Pinball.

We ALL may feel otherwise, and out the backdoor he is a secret "partner/owner/investor", but until proven on any official filing for officers of the company, it's wishful thinking.

Quite frankly, the only thing American Pinball should allow is JPop to give a brief speech on how MG, AIW, and RAZA are finally going to be produced and then shut the fuck up. If JPop want's to address anything else , it would have to be under his own forum. Then, AP explains how JPop is involved with AP, the creation of Houdini, and that they are going to manufacture MG, AIW, and RAZA FOR JPop. I will 100% guarantee AP will deflect and answer ZERO questions about what JPop owes or took other than producing those 3 games.

#19933 3 years ago

67 posts left to 20k. Jpoop is just terrible. AP should just keep him away as he has the ability to destroy any company associated with him. John is toxic.

#19934 3 years ago

I think the easiest way to explain this is think of Amercian Pinball as a contracted manufacturer for JPop to produce his 3 games. Under normal circumstance, JPop would be paying for this. However, since this is no way normal, and JPop does not have the financial resources for the contracted manufacturing, he is paying with tangible assets and his designing services. What assets? Obviously his patented cabinet designs, his prototype(s), his designs that were already done.(Was Houdini supposed to be the 4th Zidware game? Bet you it was!)

Yes, this is a HUGE gamble by American Pinball, but they owe nothing to anyone that JPop did through Zidware. They only owe anyone who pays for a Houdini, a ....Houdini!

If we all keep beating down American Pinball , you may get ZERO if they don't succeed. Success is a long shot at best, so why pile on. If you feel the company is tainted because of JPop, great, walk away.

Mind you, if JPop is any way an owner or partner that can be proven, by all means burn down the village.

#19935 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Ice, I love when you get buzzed. I really want to have some drinks with you, and Art, and everyone else...

Thanks, John!

But we really are more trouble than we are worth!

Sorry you wont be at Expo, but we will corrupt you at Freeplay!!!

#19936 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks, John!
But we really are more trouble than we are worth!
Sorry you wont be at Expo, but we will corrupt you at Freeplay!!!

Definitely! I'm planning on at least being there Saturday evening/night at a minimum, hopefully more.

#19937 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Quite frankly, the only thing American Pinball should allow is JPop to give a brief speech on how MG, AIW, and RAZA are finally going to be produced and then shut the fuck up.

I really don't think he should be there. If American Pinball wants to have a forum that's worth anything they'll leave him at home. Being unable to bask in the glory of publicly releasing a new game should be the least of his punishments for the Zidware debacle.

#19938 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I really don't think he should be there. If American Pinball wants to have a forum that's worth anything they'll leave him at home. Being unable to bask in the glory of publicly releasing a new game should be the least of his punishments for the Zidware debacle.

If I were A.P., he wouldn't be anywhere near there. I just don't know if that is going to happen.

#19939 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Not like a quick cash grab and let's soak everybody"
"Making what people want"
"Very kind of squeaky and mushy".
"A lot of people i met will buy games and leave them in the box"
"Friends are buying and just want to be in the crowd, support the business because you want to support pinball"
Again, great and timely interview pre Expo.
What a Dick he is!!!!!!

You get it, that there are many sound bites that can be grabbed from this interview,
heck, I'll let them use them in Houdini if they'd like at no charge!

Ball lock call out "Leave Them In The Box!"

Ball drain call out "Making what people want!"

This interview reaaally puts things into perspective and context to me back then but even more so now.

#19940 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I think the easiest way to explain this is think of Amercian Pinball as a contracted manufacturer for JPop to produce his 3 games. Under normal circumstance, JPop would be paying for this. However, since this is no way normal, and JPop does not have the financial resources for the contracted manufacturing, he is paying with tangible assets and his designing services. What assets? Obviously his patented cabinet designs, his prototype(s), his designs that were already done.(Was Houdini supposed to be the 4th Zidware game? Bet you it was!)
Yes, this is a HUGE gamble by American Pinball, but they owe nothing to anyone that JPop did through Zidware. They only owe anyone who pays for a Houdini, a ....Houdini!
If we all keep beating down American Pinball , you may get ZERO if they don't succeed. Success is a long shot at best, so why pile on. If you feel the company is tainted because of JPop, great, walk away.
Mind you, if JPop is any way an owner or partner that can be proven, by all means burn down the village.

I'm still struggling to understand the financial basis on which American Pinball would agree to make Magic Girl (and later RAZA and AIW) owners whole. Like you said, legally they have no obligation to. And how in the world would JPop's "patented cabinet design" be worth anything? How much would his designs be worth? Not anywhere remotely close to justifying the cost of manufacturing and delivering all the Magic Girls.

So what is the carrot that made American Pinball bite on this idea of making MG owners whole?

Is it that they think John Popaduik himself is worth that (to have his design and name on Houdini)? Do they think that JPop is one of the best designers in pinball history, thereby meaning that they think that they could sell a ton of Houdini pins and make a huge profit? Makes me go back to what I said earlier about wondering how much profit there really is in a pin.

It just seems to me that the potential liabilities being associated with JPop far outweigh the positives. But I readily acknowledge that Pinside does not make up the majority of the pinball market, and my views may not reflect how the hobby as a whole would look at this project.

Either way, it's crazy to watch this develop

#19941 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Legally, this could never happen.

My fan fiction is not about what is legally possible... and I know damn well that there will never be a hint of apology or admission from John that he treated all his friends and supporters like dog shit.

I expect the opposite. John will show up at expo thinking he's some sort of pin hero still, how he "never gave up" and that we can all come suckle on his teet.

#19942 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm still struggling to understand the financial basis on which American Pinball would agree to make Magic Girl (and later RAZA and AIW) owners whole. Like you said, legally they have no obligation to. And how in the world would JPop's "patented cabinet design" be worth anything? How much would his designs be worth? Not anywhere remotely close to justifying the cost of manufacturing and delivering all the Magic Girls.
So what is the carrot that made American Pinball bite on this idea of making MG owners whole?
Is it that they think John Popaduik himself is worth that (to have his design and name on Houdini)? Do they think that JPop is one of the best designers in pinball history, thereby meaning that they think that they could sell a ton of Houdini pins and make a huge profit? Makes me go back to what I said earlier about wondering how much profit there really is in a pin.
It just seems to me that the potential liabilities being associated with JPop far outweigh the positives. But I readily acknowledge that Pinside does not make up the majority of the pinball market, and my views may not reflect how the hobby as a whole would look at this project.

Sure crazy indeed.
But i think jpop's bank account wasn't empty,he just saw he was unable to produce all the machines for what was left in the bank.
So he had to lose his overhead and rethink things and eventually made a deal with AP.
No idiot would drain the entire account and have 8 cabinets to show for.

#19943 3 years ago

And no idiot would build the zidware machines if john was totally broke

#19944 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Sure crazy indeed.
But i think jpop's bank account wasn't empty,he just saw he was unable to produce all the machines for what was left in the bank.
So he had to lose his overhead and rethink things and eventually made a deal with AP.
No idiot would drain the entire account and have 8 cabinets to show for.

Yep, I think Jpop had to open his own wallet and actually has skin in this game.

He thinks he's great so this is a way to potentially put $$ to work, get himself out of his legal troubles, salvage his reputation to some extent and possibly make $$ down the road.

My "posting under the influence" has really been much more gentler and well thought out

#19945 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Initial start up costs are minimized by taking over what Jpop has/had, plus the speed to market with having a machine already developed/designed. I am telling you all, Houdini didn't just happen. Jpop has been quietly developing this one for some time, this was going to be another Zidware machine. Evidence of this is his looking for the rights to Houdini name years ago.

A.P. not having to throw a dime at JPop for these expenses make it plausible for the other 3 games to be manufactured on "JPop's behalf".

It's risky as all hell, but it makes sense on the business end for AP if the assets were cheap enough. Zidware was dissolved earlier this year anyway. I firmly believe that JPop believes this is his out to his whole fiasco. Zidware gone, failed company. Games delivered, collected monies handled. Who says after JPops games are delivered(if ever), he isn't on the outside looking in? It's possible? If A.P. can pull this off, they are the big winner here.

Then I digress and have to realize this is still somehow all related to JPop. Nothing is a given until machines are delivered.

Working relationship, with 100% A.P. ownership.

#19946 3 years ago

Are you drinking A.M. ale? Or Ice cold Zima?

Breakfast wine?

#19947 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeti helped perpetuate this scam due to the artwork wow factor.

I initially read this as "Yet I helped perpetuate this scam..." and was all .

Sorry I should have also kept your clarification you were not blaming Yeti, just saying the quality of his artwork helped keep people in line for years longer than would have otherwise happened.

#19948 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Initial start up costs are minimized by taking over what Jpop has/had, plus the speed to market with having a machine already developed/designed. I am telling you all, Houdini didn't just happen. Jpop has been quietly developing this one for some time, this was going to be another Zidware machine. Evidence of this is his looking for the rights to Houdini name years ago.
A.P. not having to throw a dime at JPop for these expenses make it plausible for the other 3 games to be manufactured on "JPop's behalf".
It's risky as all hell, but it makes sense on the business end for AP if the assets were cheap enough. Zidware was dissolved earlier this year anyway. I firmly believe that JPop believes this is his out to his whole fiasco. Zidware gone, failed company. Games delivered, collected monies handled. Who says after JPops games are delivered(if ever), he isn't on the outside looking in? It's possible? If A.P. can pull this off, they are the big winner here.
Then I digress and have to realize this is still somehow all related to JPop. Nothing is a given until machines are delivered.
Working relationship, with 100% A.P. ownership.

Zidware, Inc is still subject to federal and state insolvency laws. Zidware's creditors still have first claim on Zidware's assets, and what you are describing could be construed as a fraudulent conveyance in federal or state court.

#19949 3 years ago

Pinside confessional time; here are my big sort of eyesores that I have considered taking down/burning etc. for longer than I can remember:

Wall of Shame 1

Wall of Shame 2

Yeah, I should have taken those down. But apparently if you leave crap on your wall long enough there is a small glimmer of hope....

#19950 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Zidware, Inc was never dissolved. It is simply an insolvent company, and it is still subject to federal and state insolvency laws. Zidware's creditors still have first claim on Zidware's assets, and what you are describing could be construed as a fraudulent conveyance in federal or state court.

It's listed as dissolved in the states Corp search as of August.

Agree with you on the rest regarding conveyance but what I don't know is how things are scrutinized if there is no active collections, liens, or bankruptcy going on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 625.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
5,100 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Fargo, ND
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside