(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 491.
#19851 7 years ago

Looks like it just needs a fuse and then it should be ready to sell.......

#19852 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope you get your AIW too, but can't assume anything and "polish and tweak" is a big deal.
At least there is a chance now that someone is going to rescue this whole fiasco.

Unfortunately my expectation is that customers of Zidware will get nothing from AP. Zidware called it quits and closed the doors. Jpop and Zidware are in active litigation with multiple investors.

Houdini is a pin being produced by AP. Jpop "supposedly" is providing design suggestions but is not being represented as part of the company. My sad prediction is that AP will try to bring out Houdini for sale and just let the Zidware fiasco continue to flood here on Pinside with hope that it eventually fades away. The majority of pinball folks were not personally invested in the Zidware trainwreck. If they see a shiny new pin being offered, they will go there. Personally I wouldn't consider sponsoring anything that even smells of JPop.

#19853 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

My sad prediction is that AP will try to bring out Houdini for sale and just let the Zidware fiasco continue to flood here on Pinside with hope that it eventually fades away.

Could very well be the case. We will see.

#19854 7 years ago

AP is already talking with the group of Zidware customers that banded together. My guess is either they make the Zidware folks whole and get massive PR and move forward, or they don't and fizzle out.

#19855 7 years ago

That thing is 100% pure JPOP.

Let me know when I can play it, otherwise it's complete and utter bullshit.

#19856 7 years ago

What I want to know is how many magna saves and how many tigersaws does this game have. That is what's really important.

#19857 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What I want to know is how many magna saves and how many tigersaws does this game have. That is what's really important.

Better add the goalie and the ringmaster too.........

#19858 7 years ago

And what Houdini game wouldn't be complete without a "magic truck"?

#19859 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope you get your AIW too, but can't assume anything and "polish and tweak" is a big deal.
At least there is a chance now that someone is going to rescue this whole fiasco.

Boom! That's what i mean ice, we had nothing and it was done..
Now we have a chance?!

#19860 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Boom! That's what i mean ice, we had nothing and it was done..
Now we have a chance?!

True.

But what happens if they ask you guys for more money? That was the plan on the previous failed bailout, remember?

#19861 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True.
But what happens if they ask you guys for more money? That was the plan on the previous failed bailout, remember?

I predict this is exactly what is going to happen. More money will need to be sent before your promised games are ready. Really hope no one is that insane.

#19862 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True.

No more money, ap knows they won't get a dime.
This is part2 of the jpop chapter,if they want money,they shall have to deliver first.

#19863 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True.

That ain't happenin!

Like Pinlink said, that would be insane!

I'm in pullback mode anyhow.

#19864 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm in pullback mode anyhow.

thats what she said (resized).jpgthats what she said (resized).jpg

#19865 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I predict this is exactly what is going to happen. More money will need to be sent before your promised games are ready. Really hope no one is that insane.

Maybe for those that weren't fully paid up. For those who were I seriously doubt they will ask for more $. I'd bet on it.

#19866 7 years ago

Anybody looking to sell their MG pre-order spot?

#19867 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Haha... There not making more then 25... Now after everything they went through you want someone's spot... I hope there made whole and sell them for $30k each to recoups the bull shit ride they have been put through

#19868 7 years ago

What did they cost, $17000? Maybe to be made whole they will get a Houdini to go along with it.

#19869 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What did they cost, $17000? Maybe to be made whole they will get a Houdini to go along with it.

I don't think that's as far fetched as you might think. Pure speculation

#19870 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I don't think that's as far fetched as you might think.

Sometimes I see things before they happen.

ui5g4zNu (resized).jpegui5g4zNu (resized).jpeg

#19871 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I don't think that's as far fetched as you might think. Pure speculation

Fantasy world.....BUT if it happened, it would shut EVERYONE the hell up!

#19872 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Haha... Now after everything they went through you want someone's spot...

I'm pretty sure o-din's post was

#19873 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Fantasy world.....BUT if it happened, it would shut EVERYONE the hell up!

I'd like that

#19874 7 years ago

Jplop getting redemption would be amazing.. chances just went from none to slim and none in my book.

#19875 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you define beneficial much differently than I do I guess.
I consider it beneficial if Jpop is bankrupt, out of house, has no job, and has to feel the wrath of his own incompetance. Getting money back means very little compared to the satisfaction of knowing he gets what he deserves after stealing the money, lies and more lies, and then evaporating for the past year.

Hilton, you've been very vocal in this thread, of late. How much $$$ did you lose to Zidware? I'm in for over ten grand.

#19876 7 years ago

19876 it will hit 20,000

#19877 7 years ago

20k by X-po.

We can do it.

#19878 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

anyone (resized).jpganyone (resized).jpg

#19879 7 years ago

I'll sell my paid up RAZA position to anyone who wants to buy me out...

#19880 7 years ago

Man i really want everybody to get what they want out of this deal.

The litigation track against Jpop is a total loser. But I get why people want to get a pound of flesh out of his ass.

I'm trying hard to really care after all the BS.

Truth is, I hope they, AP and Jpop, get redemption, make it right and satisfy everybody concerned. Forgiveness and happiness at the end of the day is always best, life is too short.

But I haven't seen anything yet that warrants forgiveness. Say something you spineless F.

#19881 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Sadly, they ain't happening.

#19882 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Do you take Republic credits?

#19883 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Maybe an AIW buyer will swap with you?

#19884 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I will bid $100

#19885 7 years ago

Let's talk!

#19886 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Do you take Republic credits?

Probably worth more than Zidware bucks.

#19887 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Probably worth more than Zidware bucks.

Are Zidware bucks transferable to Zinga dollars?

#19888 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Didn't realize the scope of what happened to some of you guys.
For what it's worth, will not support any new poppy seed ventures until resolved.
Just curious, what would you view as redemption at this point?
Your respective games? Cash refunds? Scalp?

#19890 7 years ago

I think their game AND tar and feathers might work.

#19891 7 years ago

I'm guessing Jpop himself will be at expo with this pin

#19892 7 years ago

I've written jpop a script to open the seminar up. Somehow I don't think this is what he'll say, and somehow I doubt we are going to feel any satisfaction at the end of what he does say, and likely more rage. But here is what I suggest:

Hello everyone, thank you for coming. I just need to address something before we move along with this. I fucked up. Badly. I am going to own up to this now, belatedly, and I want to sincerely apologize to all the people I've harmed along the way from my actions. Every business can fail, but I treated my customers and friends terribly and I am ashamed of how I dealt with everything. I lied to you my customers, I lied to my friends and confidants, but more than anything I lied to myself. I lied to myself about the state of things, and kept telling those lies to myself until I didn't know what way was up. For this, I am very sorry.

I don't expect anyone to take my word for it, and I know I don't deserve any more of your trust or patience. But as they say, today is the first day of the rest of our lives, and starting today we're making delivery of the first completed Magic Girls. Chris from Cointaker has already taken delivery of the first one. He's over there. I treated Chris terrible, I'm sorry Chris. So I'm glad to start things moving forward today to repair things with him and everyone else.

I know everyone is tired of my smoke and mirrors, so there is a playable Magic Girl here at the show. Come see it. Everyone paid up for a Magic Girl is getting one. Then we start to make it up to the rest of my customers. Once they all are taken care of, we will then start taking new orders for my new Houdini game. In the meantime, it is here to play as well. I've got some great partners that are making this possible. So please let me introduce them...

#19893 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've written jpop a script to open the seminar up. Somehow I don't think this is what he'll say, and somehow I doubt we are going to feel any satisfaction at the end of what he does say, and likely more rage. But here is what I suggest:
Hello everyone, thank you for coming. I just need to address something before we move along with this. I fucked up. Badly. I am going to own up to this now, belatedly, and I want to sincerely apologize to all the people I've harmed along the way from my actions. Every business can fail, but I treated my customers and friends terribly and I am ashamed of how I dealt with everything. I lied to you my customers, I lied to my friends and confidants, but more than anything I lied to myself. I lied to myself about the state of things, and kept telling those lies to myself until I didn't know what way was up. For this, I am very sorry.
I don't expect anyone to take my word for it, and I know I don't deserve any more of your trust or patience. But as they say, today is the first day of the rest of our lives, and starting today we're making delivery of the first completed Magic Girls. Chris from Cointaker has already taken delivery of the first one. He's over there. I treated Chris terrible, I'm sorry Chris. So I'm glad to start things moving forward today to repair things with him and everyone else.
I know everyone is tired of my smoke and mirrors, so there is a playable Magic Girl here at the show. Come see it. Everyone paid up for a Magic Girl is getting one. Then we start to make it up to the rest of my customers. Once they all are taken care of, we will then start taking new orders for my new Houdini game. In the meantime, it is here to play as well. I've got some great partners that are making this possible. So please let me introduce them...

You forgot one thing......"Oh, and SEND MONEY NOW!"

#19894 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You forgot one thing......"Oh, and SEND MONEY NOW!"

That's why my script is what you will NOT be hearing.

#19896 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I know everyone is tired of my smoke and mirrors, so there is a playable Magic Girl here at the show. Come see it. Everyone paid up for a Magic Girl is getting one.

"Will this Magic Girl have those redesigned hinges that we paid for?"

#19897 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And that's when I woke up.

#19898 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

AP is already talking with the group of Zidware customers that banded together. My guess is either they make the Zidware folks whole and get massive PR and move forward, or they don't and fizzle out.

Quoted from frolic:

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#19900 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Everyone paid up for a Magic Girl is getting one. Then we start to make it up to the rest of my customers. Once they all are taken care of, we will then start taking new orders for my new Houdini game. In the meantime, it is here to play as well. I've got some great partners that are making this possible. So please let me introduce them...

Sadly, I don't see how this could ever happen. JPop pissed away what, $1 million in pre-order money? Unless whoever is behind AP is just going to gift him a huge sack of cash to make the ~200 (??) games he owes, how could the finances ever work out? It's possible AP could finance a small MG run on the back of Houdini sales (assuming Houdini generates sales), but hard to see how they could cover four different runs of games when only one of them has the potential to generate any money.

That said, I'll hope along with everyone else that Zidware's customers can somehow made whole, or even get back a fraction of what they're owed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/398 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.