(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 486.
#19701 3 years ago

Great.

Wouldn't that be amazing if Magic Girl investors are rewarded with the first Pinball machine made and delivered from a China?

#19702 3 years ago

The original board work was done by vendors in US, how likely their work was knocked off for overseas production?

#19703 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Great.
Wouldn't that be amazing if Magic Girl investors are rewarded with the first Pinball machine made and delivered from a China?

I believe the King Of Diamonds remake was made and delivered from China.

#19704 3 years ago

I just noticed there is an article on Pinball News about this announcement: http://www.pinballnews.com/news/americanpinball.html

In it they say, "We have known for a couple of months how 25 near-complete Magic Girl games had been built and were sitting in the American Pinball warehouse. These, it was suggested to us, were to go to the litigants in the legal action, although on what terms they would be offered was not clear."

Interesting read...

#19705 3 years ago

I don't know if this has been posted yet but American Pinball are hiring:

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/American-Pinball-Inc

#19706 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Can someone please post or PM me a pic of what the playfields of MG, RAZA and AIW were supposed to look like? IF and its a big "IF" Houdini or a new incarnation of MG art is shown I would like to be able to compare everything.

MG (resized).jpg

"All the colors of a Huffy girl's bicycle"

#19707 3 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

I just noticed there is an article on Pinball News about this announcement: http://www.pinballnews.com/news/americanpinball.html
In it they say, "We have known for a couple of months how 25 near-complete Magic Girl games had been built and were sitting in the American Pinball warehouse. These, it was suggested to us, were to go to the litigants in the legal action, although on what terms they would be offered was not clear."
Interesting read...

They consider that "near-complete"? I could seriously have a near-complete game done over a weekend if that was the case.

#19708 3 years ago
Quoted from radium:

What does this mean? Hell if I know.

That they used recycled buzzwords and fluff speak that many others do the same. Business is full of that crap... it only means they take shortcuts and aren't passionate about their marketing. But we would conclude that from a lot of other stuff too

#19709 3 years ago

Here is a RAZA that I saved.

JPOP RAZA (resized).jpg

#19710 3 years ago

IF AP is a legitimate company with the goal of making pins, and if they have hinted at saying they would deliver MG pins to owners, my thought is that they plan on peddling Houdini and say that if Houdini can make money, then they would attempt to make MG owners whole. Still, this just doesn't seem to make sense. Hopefully people not on Pinside or social media don't prepay for a possible Houdini.

#19711 3 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Interesting read...

indeed well have to see how this all works out. I'm wondering if magic girl well shoot as crappy as it did b4. Let hope they fixed that.

#19712 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Global gaming expo exhibit starts tomorrow for public, today are only for those in the trade. I imagine nobody is going to see anything utility tomorrow

The original notes issued by them claim the game was to be revealed on the EVE of the tradeshow
" The unveiling will take place September 26th at the Venetian Las Vegas hotel on the eve of G2E, The Global Gaming Expo"

Company's use hotel rooms and meeting rooms all the time for 'whisper suites' or other private meeting spaces off the convention floor when a big show is in town. Cheaper than the convention floor and in an environment you can control easier.

#19713 3 years ago

on the mg playfield. look at the genie head at the right inlane.

fictional-locations-pee-wees-playhouse-jambi-genie (resized).jpg

#19714 3 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Interesting read...

Here we go. 20k posts by tonight.

#19715 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The original notes issued by them claim the game was to be revealed on the EVE of the tradeshow
" The unveiling will take place September 26th at the Venetian Las Vegas hotel on the eve of G2E, The Global Gaming Expo"
Company's use hotel rooms and meeting rooms all the time for 'whisper suites' or other private meeting spaces off the convention floor when a big show is in town. Cheaper than the convention floor and in an environment you can control easier.

I called this morning and no public Pinball event unveiling was scheduled though...

#19716 3 years ago

Has anyone discussed here how much of a game does MG have to be to satisfy the pre-order expectation of $17k worth of pinball? Who gets to judge if the final product is Zizzle level, avatar level or BM66 Super LE? Even if games of MG get delivered, will they be worth the $17 k - who decides if the game fulfilled the level of quality and content promised?

#19717 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

These, it was suggested to us, were to go to the litigants in the legal action

So..... 25 get games because they sued. Good for them, the squeaky wheel got the grease in this case.

But how John's reputation can be rehabbed when 100+ other people got screwed and how would he be welcomed with open arms by the pinball community is a head scratcher.

#19718 3 years ago

It would be helpful if they showed something other than empty cabinets and web sites with ripped off images and copy. It's hard to make heads or tails of any of this or take any of it serious. If they have a working game of any kind they need to show it.

#19719 3 years ago

Thanks Odin and desertT1 for posting RAZA and Magic girl.
Can someone please post AIW.
THANK YOU

#19720 3 years ago

I think they are making everyone whole? I just have no clue how.

#19721 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Thanks Odin and desertT1 for posting RAZA and Magic girl.
THANK YOU

Here ya go!

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=47&picno=42748

#19722 3 years ago

I just can't comprehend, with all the difficulty we've seen other pinball companies go through, that with a snap of the fingers there's a bunch of Magic Girls ready for delivery to customers, and they are more than just boxes of lights and that there's a game there that is fun and plays good.

#19723 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I just can't comprehend, with all the difficulty we've seen other pinball companies go through, that with a snap of the fingers there's a bunch of Magic Girls ready for delivery to customers, and they are more than just boxes of lights and that there's a game there that is fun and plays good.

I'll take "people who know how to run a business" for a thousand, Alex.

#19724 3 years ago

I'm starting to get a bad feeling that this "American Pinball" is manufacturing its games in china.... those empty cabinets in the photo are going to be loaded with playfields printed and populated in China.

#19725 3 years ago

Thanks Odin.
I prefer Humpty Dumpty as far as the classics go.
Thank you

#19726 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, but the only question that need to be answered are exactly what, how, and when they are making previous people whole.
Plain and simple, they need to refund everyone and then we can listen about whatever the hell BS they want to spew. Any company associated with Jpop does not deserve the communities time and attention (or stage at expo) until they have taken care of every last penny from the past.
Keep in mind that they are using IP that was paid for by the hard earned dollars of fellow pinheads to try and work towards potential future profits (and apparently have been working for a while already) and still no communication or solid plan.
At this stage it is BS for them to even promise delivery of any games without offering full refund for all that have $$$ in.
John will be LUCKY if all he gets is shamed, asked some tough questions, and chased out of expo. I know one particular person that got taken by him and is rightfully pissed enough that the biggest surprise/event at expo may be the outcome of his interaction with John/ American Pinball. I haveno idea how he will react, but he is not someone I would ever screw with, does not use social media, and it will be a surprise when he shows up and sees john.

Are you suggesting a threat to this company, because if so that's absolutely insane.

Maybe it's just me, but if I was owed something major from someone, and they were willing to sit down with me and tell me what their plan is to make me whole, I'm going to sit and listen. I'm not going to sit down and start screaming "where's the money!?!" immediately.

If they have a reasonable plan to make me whole, stopping them from presenting it doesn't help make me or anyone else whole. Roasting the new company before hearing their plans, what chances do they have to do anything?

Again, I don't think they were ready to reveal anything when this was figured out. They cannot snap and make pinball machines. If those MGs are legit, they clearly have a plan. I'd like to know what it is, and I would be rather disappointed if they are shouted down - or worse like it was implied - before they could explain their plans.

#19727 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm starting to get a bad feeling that this "American Pinball" is manufacturing its games in china.... those empty cabinets in the photo are going to be loaded with playfields printed and populated in China.

You maybe right and if they get made i'm sure they won't be 17k quality. But then what is 17k quality ?

#19728 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The Armitron company is an electronics contracting company. They would make PCBs, assemblies, wiring, etc.. much like many small contract firms around this country. Much like most of the assemblies you need in pins. This company also has outfits overseas.. as well.. but having your boards printed overseas.. maybe populated.. and then assembled into full size games in America is probably what you'd see... if not all sub-assembly done here.

Things like playfields would be an interesting angle to see where they are being made simply because its such an expensive process and takes refinement to master.

This arrangement is not that much different than what Dutch Pinball has done (not trying to equate the individual efforts.. but simply in partnering with an electronics firm in both design and manufacturing)

#19729 3 years ago

This whole American Pinball/jpoop partnership is very fitting. The founder of Magic Girl made a million dollars disappear. Imagine the money Houdini could make disappear with lil johnny and his new band of brothers.

Boggles the mind.

QSS

#19730 3 years ago

Well, I'll post in this dumpster fire thread that I am not shocked the info out of vegas is there is a non flipping game there, and the flyer is of the "patented" cabinet.

Is it possible this company has been pulled into John's reality distortion and believed him when he announces he is "95% done"?

#19731 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, I'll post in this dumpster fire thread that I am not shocked the info out of vegas is there is a non flipping game there, and the flyer is of the "patented" cabinet.
Is it possible this company has been pulled into John's reality distortion and believed him when he announces he is "95% done"?

Where's the info coming from?

#19732 3 years ago

The other jpop thread thats going has a bit of info from someone in vegas.

Non flipping game, and the flyer is a photo of the cabinet.

#19733 3 years ago

Had a thought on this earlier today.

Several have brought up the excellent point that AP hired an employee with 1-2 million in "community debt" hanging over his head and how could he ever be worth that much? Why would a company do this?

One possibility is that he's the only (classic big name) designer they could get. Everyone else has been snapped up by the big companies.

I dont buy this "consultant" nonsense. From the website text to the theme and now a "gorgeous non flipping game" it's 100% John all the way.

You know who the easiest people to scam are? Those who have already been scammed looking for a solution.

#19734 3 years ago

ha! Well I guess no big surprise there I suppose. Oh well.. looks like we'll see more pics tomorrow. So to clarify it's there and intact with playfield and all, but it does not flip? Huh.

#19735 3 years ago

What a roller coaster the last few days have been, but in the end reality is reality.

#19736 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

One possibility is that he's the only (classic big name) designer they could get. Everyone else has been snapped up by the big companies.

... or has decided not to return to the pinball industry.

Now if you can convince THIS guy to join you, that would be a real coup!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/BrianEddy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Eddy

image.jpeg

#19737 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What a roller coaster the last few days have been, but in the end reality is reality.

Back to life back to reality.

#19738 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Had a thought on this earlier today.
Several have brought up the excellent point that AP hired an employee with 1-2 million in "community debt" hanging over his head and how could he ever be worth that much? Why would a company do this?
I dont buy this "consultant" nonsense. From the website text to the theme and now a "gorgeous non flipping game" it's 100% John all the way.
You know who the easiest people to scam are? Those who have already been scammed looking for a solution.

Someone had brought up previously that the Houdini trademark hadn't been granted for this game yet. This is very reminiscent of John showing his Kiss at MGC. It does feel 100% John and certainly because he seems to be the only person in the world that thinks doing this is enough.

#19739 3 years ago

!News Flash!

Houndini Flyer photo was photobombed by Magic Gurl!

MagicGurlPhotobomb (resized).png

#19741 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How much money was really given to Jpop? It wasn't millions... I know some people lost their shirts (16-20k?) but millions?
Let's say he ships MG... then refunds all remaining monies?

Let's say pigs fly?

Not happening, from what I've read.

#19742 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Back to life back to reality.
» YouTube video

That was always one of my favorites.

#19743 3 years ago

Non-flipping game? What a surprise!

#19744 3 years ago

I am really going to try and be post nr. 20000.
Watch me

#19745 3 years ago

In case anyone hasn't seen it already...

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/americanpinball2.html

Brad

#19746 3 years ago

Biggest BS crap story on that schill mag yet..."If they actually can make the Magic Girl fiasco right, they will be super – no, super-duper – heroes to the pinball community."

Talk about putting the cart in front of the horse. MG is ONLY a small portion of the issue Jpop has conjured up. They need to fix MG, RAZA, and AiW fiasco before ANYONE gives them a single penny on any game. Sickening to me that this company is coming around and using all the IP and $ from those 3 failed games to develop Houdini. This is completely unacceptable.

I implore you that they do not deserve the stage at expo to talk about Houdini. If they want to talk about Houdini then all the questions need to be answered about MG, RAZA, AND AiW.
Those people all paid for LIMITED run, high quality machines that are years beyond due dates.

JPOP has had 2nd, 3rd, and now is on his 4th chance. He no longer deserves this chance.

Those that are owed money actually have been given a gift and that gift is all about the timing. If you ever want to be made whole, NOW is the time to force Jpop into bankruptcy! This company is nearly potted in. Force John into Bankruptcy while he actually has a job and you can fight to show how he used your money to develop things now being used on Houdini. Just pushing him into bankruptcy is actually pretty easy (look at SkitB for reference) and doing so will give you the weight you need to toss around in order to influence either an ammicable outcome with his new contractor (someone also now guilty of stealing your paid for IP as far as I am concerned).

NOW IS THE TIME TO STRIKE!!!!

JPOP DOES NOT DESERVE ANOTHER CHANCE!!!

#19747 3 years ago

Everyone just needs to slow down. Everything will be known in time. It could be another scheme. It could be that John gave AP the game designs to build if they would save his ass from his current legal troubles. The cheapest way to do that and still get the assets of zidware is to make the games. In all honesty 1 million for 3 designs might not be a huge stretch these days. It can't come as a surprise that a China based company is trying to enter the market.

#19748 3 years ago

I do get your point Whysnow and agree in general - but as I've written in the other thread: If this thing plays well and costs below 7K noone will care about the few people who took a hit with JPops previous projects and rip the games out of APs hands.

#19749 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Biggest BS crap story on that schill mag yet..."If they actually can make the Magic Girl fiasco right, they will be super – no, super-duper – heroes to the pinball community."
Talk about putting the cart in front of the horse. MG is ONLY a small portion of the issue Jpop has conjured up. They need to fix MG, RAZA, and AiW fiasco before ANYONE gives them a single penny on any game. Sickening to me that this company is coming around and using all the IP and $ from those 3 failed games to develop Houdini. This is completely unacceptable.
I implore you that they do not deserve the stage at expo to talk about Houdini. If they want to talk about Houdini then all the questions need to be answered about MG, RAZA, AND AiW.
Those people all paid for LIMITED run, high quality machines that are years beyond due dates.
JPOP has had 2nd, 3rd, and now is on his 4th chance. He no longer deserves this chance.
Those that are owed money actually have been given a gift and that gift is all about the timing. If you ever want to be made whole, NOW is the time to force Jpop into bankruptcy! This company is nearly potted in. Force John into Bankruptcy while he actually has a job and you can fight to show how he used your money to develop things now being used on Houdini. Just pushing him into bankruptcy is actually pretty easy (look at SkitB for reference) and doing so will give you the weight you need to toss around in order to influence either an ammicable outcome with his new contractor (someone also now guilty of stealing your paid for IP as far as I am concerned).
NOW IS THE TIME TO STRIKE!!!!
JPOP DOES NOT DESERVE ANOTHER CHANCE!!!

If there is the slightest chance of AP delivering games to the original owners this is likely the worst thing you can do. If you just want to shut down JPOP and make him suffer then go ahead. Bankruptcy will just mean no one is going to get anything.

#19750 3 years ago

This sets the stage for the greatest Expo in history. Blurry photo is the best possible outcome to build the intreague. Bring it on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside