(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 486.
#1901 4 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I did and my post still says awaiting moderation. When did that start happening?

Maybe it is a sign that Jpop is becoming more self aware and knows he is about to get robust feedback.

#1902 4 years ago

Well, at least Terrence Malick's trailer for his newest film Knight of Cups got revealed a couple of days ago:

... and JPop is pinball's Terrence Malick. So that's something at least...

I'm still very hopeful Zidware is gonna really make it happen. Go get'em John~

#1903 4 years ago

I just hope you guys don't get screwed because that's just not good for anyone in the long run.

Early adopters should be rewarded not bent over.

#1904 4 years ago

Any MG owners feel satisfied with what they saw?

#1905 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have never seen that before

Does my post even show up for you guys?

shrublight on December 17, 2014 at 9:45 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
I’ve had $9500 paid in since October 2013. It’s time to start giving us some info, time tables, etc.
John how well do you think Zidware will do in the future, given the current state of pre-ordering. I know I’ll never do it again. No pin is worth losing this much cash over.

#1907 4 years ago

I don't see it

#1908 4 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I’ve had $9500 paid in since October 2013. It’s time to start giving us some info, time tables, etc.
John how well do you think Zidware will do in the future, given the current state of pre-ordering. I know I’ll never do it again. No pin is worth losing this much cash over.

I don't see it. I see one at 9:34 and 1:26.

#1909 4 years ago

My 2 cents...

What if they made a pinball machine that's been put so high on a pedestal, that no player or mfg can reach it?

Most expensive pin is 8 grand? I will charge 14 grand!
Limited edition to 100? Ha! I will do 24!
Took a year to make? Mine's better, it took 4+ years! Still not finished!
Public reveal? Ha! I will make you sign an NDA! It's just too good for the public!
Off the shelf parts that you can get replacements for easily? No, I'll make it from scratch!
Pfft, ONE game in the works? I have several.
So and so game is the best pin? Mine's not even out yet, and people are comparing against it, and saying it's better!

That is what I'm seeing here. A super-duper tall order. We only hear talk of people being invited to take a look at his workshop, and their minds are blown. Does he have some sort of spinning spiral disc hypnosis machine that gets people to pre-order on the spot? Just stand here for a min and you'll see it (lights start flashing).

If so, I want to see that machine.

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I am unable to comment from the website completely. It says I don't have permission. I had to go to settings and enable email and comment notifications. Then I can reply to the email and it gets posted as a comment. Maybe that will work for you too?

#1911 4 years ago

Wtf? Just another disappointing milestone in the Jpop sad saga.

The NDA is a farce, somebody better start revealing something

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I am unable to comment from the website completely. It says I don't have permission. I had to go to settings and enable email and comment notifications. Then I can reply to the email and it gets posted as a comment. Maybe that will work for you too?

Sounds like he tried to disable comments and you found a workaround?

#1913 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The NDA is a farce, JOHN better start revealing something

#1914 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sounds like he tried to disable comments and you found a workaround?

That's what I think. I found a thread on some forum where they said that was a bug in the blog software, it seems to work although sometimes it copies part of the email header into my comments.

#1915 4 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Quoted from ChrisVW:

Under "Blogs I Follow", click edit (top left of screen) then select the blog (you have to be following it, just click follow on the main page). Under the subtitle "You get no post and no comment emails for this blog" click edit. Set both options to "Instant".

Let us know when you do this and someone will comment so you get the first thread email. Then just reply to that.

#1916 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Look out everyone!! Ice is about to start "revealing himself!"

image.jpg

#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Under "Blogs I Follow", click edit (top left of screen) then select the blog (you have to be following it, just click follow on the main page). Under the subtitle "You get no post and no comment emails for this blog" click edit. Set both options to "Instant".
Let us know when you do this and someone will comment so you get the first thread email. Then just reply to that.

Ok done. Thanks! I'm at work now so I won't get any emails until I get home. I will post on there late tonight.

#1918 4 years ago

I just made a test post on the RAZA blog and it posted no problem.

#1919 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

More by midnight then more over the holidays... Patents still pending lol.. Those can take years by the way

#1920 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

More by midnight then more over the holidays... Patents still pending lol.. Those can take years by the way

Seriously dude...either post something relevant (ie no more sly neener neener listen to what I saw comments) or stop posting entirely.

#1921 4 years ago

As a TBL pre-order person, I can say I've walked a bit in you all's shoes now (I can't imagine 3+ years of it). sorry guys that it doesn't look like MG reveal is adding up to a lot so far I, as everyone else, really wish they could see it.. and sure seems important to get the visuals out so people can get excited about this again / helps people get their refunds if they want to.

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Seriously dude...either post something relevant (ie no more sly neener neener listen to what I saw comments) or stop posting entirely.

Unfortunately that's about the most relevant thing about the reveal so far. Still haven't seen the game.

#1923 4 years ago

Wow....just wow.

I didn't realize that Pinside was an art collectors forum..............

2 years into this project and the big "rug" reveal is artwork????
Yikes. That thing looks like it hurts. I'll be right back with some lube.

Seriously, I am so sorry you guys are being used in the way you are. It's just not how people should be treated. I do thank you though for giving the pinball community a very important lesson on who can be trusted.

I hope you all find a way to get your money back. It's pretty damn obvious by the lack of accountability that your needs don't factor into the equation. I mean, can you imagine trying to get game support even these games do get produced?

Now for the love of Pete - somebody post up some pictures. I want to know what 10K worth of playfield art looks like.

#1924 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I just made a test post on the RAZA blog and it posted no problem.

I see your post. Tried posting mine again. Same awaiting moderation. I'll try from the email once I'm home.

#1925 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Wow....just wow.
I didn't realize that Pinside was an art collectors forum..............
2 years into this project and the big "rug" reveal is artwork????
Yikes. That thing looks like it hurts. I'll be right back with some lube.
Seriously, I am so sorry you guys are being used in the way you are. It's just not how people should be treated. I do thank you though for giving the pinball community a very important lesson on who can be trusted.
I hope you all find a way to get your money back. It's pretty damn obvious by the lack of accountability that your needs don't factor into the equation. I mean, can you imagine trying to get game support even these games do get produced?
Now for the love of Pete - somebody post up some pictures. I want to know what 10K worth of playfield art looks like.

2 years? What is it now, 4 or 5 years on MG?

#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Unfortunately that's about the most relevant thing about the reveal so far. Still haven't seen the game.

Please excuse my French, but YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!

So the "reveal" is only to the few owners of MG, and even they don't get to see the actual game at this point?

I don't think the word "reveal" means what he thinks it means.

#1927 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

2 years? What is it now, 4 or 5 years on MG?

It's been 4 years for MG.

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Please excuse my French, but YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!
So the "reveal" is only to the few owners of MG, and even they don't get to see the actual game at this point?
I don't think the word "reveal" means what he thinks it means.

breathe in....breathe out.....breathe in.....breathe out...

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

breathe in....breathe out.....breathe in.....breathe out...

I think there's a great song in there somewhere!

#1930 4 years ago

Like I said, he's got to ask for $$$ at some point, after how we have all been treated, what do you think the appropriate response ought to be?

I kind of like "YOU HAVE GOT TO FUCKING BE KIDDING ME"!

#1931 4 years ago

If the reveal was only artwork and they're all spoken for, why the continued secrecy? Is Jpop concerned his artwork will be used by Stern on their next game?

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Patents still pending

I'd love to know how any of these patents have served us, the customers, other than delaying the project endlessly and eating up tens of thousands of dollars or more.

#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I said, he's got to ask for $$$ at some point, after how we have all been treated, what do you think the appropriate response ought to be?
I kind of like "YOU HAVE GOT TO FUCKING BE KIDDING ME"!

He is asking for money, for AIW. Got my package the other day requesting another 2g.

#1934 4 years ago

This "reveal" is worse than I feared.... I expected a lot of "HOLY SHIT!" posts at least.

#1935 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

He is asking for money, for AIW. Got my package the other day requesting another 2g.

That, is F ing hilarious and you can't be serious! Was that the initial deposit or he's asking for another 2g?

I hope you aren't considering it for a second!

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

Jpop!!!

Just.
Make.
The.
F*cking.
Game.

No matter what you do, you'll always look back in retrospect and say "oh, I should have done this and that and the other thing"...but that's YOU, think of your BUYERS ...but I'm sure whatever the first version you dreamt up 3 years ago would have made all the buyers happy as clams. Just commit to what you've got and build it! No good can come of noodling around any longer. Get out of your head & have some empathy for your customers!

#1937 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

Using AIW money to build MG is a red flag. Even Stern can't deliver more than 3 games in a year.

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

#1939 4 years ago

Somebody should make a Hitler video out of this mess.

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That, is F ing hilarious and you can't be serious! Was that the initial deposit or he's asking for another 2g?
I hope you aren't considering it for a second!

I am serious...

Initial was 1895. The package contained some prelim artwork and a payment voucher for 2g to be remitted 'at your convenience'...

#1941 4 years ago

dog day.png

tumblr_nbvk0w3zml1smih3bo2_500_zpsuoj9wnlt.gif

#1942 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Using AIW money to build MG is a red flag.

Let me add that I am not implying that this is the case. Hopefully it is not...

#1943 4 years ago

Please guys I'm begging you... No Hitler video's

#1944 4 years ago

Watch this trailer and replace "Richard Williams" with "Jpop" and "animation" with "pinball"

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

I am serious...
Initial was 1895. The package contained some prelim artwork and a payment voucher for 2g to be remitted 'at your convenience'...

Wow, so when I sent my AIW $$$ in it was really just supporting Jpop and boutique pinball. Ok, so that pin will be years away if ever, so I figure that is $$$ lost, no biggie, but I damn sure am not putting another DIME into that or anything else until he gets his shit together, and I'm not sure that's possible.

"remit at your convenience"! Well, its not very F ing "convenient" right now.

It feels like he's trolling for dummies that will keep funding operations in lieu of not being able to put together a "muscle partner".

How about the time that he spent even putting the package together for AIW with artwork inside! Astounding.

#1946 4 years ago

Next time you guys get a letter asking for money, draw a picture of some hundred dollar bills and send it to him.

#1947 4 years ago

Just some more awesome animation from Richard Williams unfinished "masterpiece" ...this is just scary sick stuff. We're clearly all art fans here if we're paying attention to Jpop, so I think you guys would appreciate it. Keep in mind this film started productionin 1964...all completely hand drawn, hand painted...there are techniques here that you'd swear were computer animated, but nope...all hand animated from the 60's thru the 80's!!! He worked on this thing for 25 years and never was able to finish it!!! It was eventually taken away from him and finished...turned it into a total piece of crap. Some of his fans have been "recobbling it" to its original vision for a while now.

#1948 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Using AIW money to build MG is a red flag. Even Stern can't deliver more than 3 games in a year.

Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

Let me add that I am not implying that this is the case. Hopefully it is not...

This is clearly not the case. There's no evidence he's even building MG at all.

#1950 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, so when I sent my AIW $$$ in it was really just supporting Jpop and boutique pinball. Ok, so that pin will be years away if ever, so I figure that is $$$ lost, no biggie, but I damn sure am not putting another DIME into that or anything else until he gets his shit together, and I'm not sure that's possible.
"remit at your convenience"! Well, its not very F ing "convenient" right now.
It feels like he's trolling for dummies that will keep funding operations in lieu of not being able to put together a "muscle partner".
How about the time that he spent even putting the package together for AIW with artwork inside! Astounding.

I hear you. I actually PM'ed you a few months back because I had put money down on AIW and never received an order confirmation, receipt, anything, and I needed some reassurance from someone that knew how JPop operated.

The only reason I am not on the same ride you are on with MG and RAZA was due to me being out of the hobby for several years due to life BS.

I really hope things come through for you early adopters, but yes I am beginning to wonder if my money is being used to build your games and am very reluctant to part with any more given the current lack of progress/communication/project plan/et al that y'all are experiencing...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Olathe, KS
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside