(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 372 of 486.
#18551 3 years ago

I am not sure if it would have mattered, but reading your post above in hindsight would it have made sense to try to get law enforcement involved from the angle of "look, he is not making the games, but taking in new money".

Would an investigator be interested in playing the role of a new customer/victim, and gathering evidence that way and comparing it to John's communications with longtime "customers"?

Not trying to armchair quarterback, but considering all the crap cops will try to set up surveillance to make an arrest on, why not this when it only takes a phone call? The $$$'s involved seem worth it.

Was this explored, and if not I am mainly posting this in case it helps in a future similar case.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

You can't make this shit up! "John.... I pissed all your money away on my own salary for 4 years of puttering around in my shop building prop games that don't work and there is no way I can build any these games, sorry making pinball is hard!"
Next day John gets an email from an unsuspecting victim...
Hey John I'm interested in AIW "John.... great I will send you an owners packet send me your money ASAP no credit card or pay pal check or cash only"
That's not a mistake its fraud & theft and John should go to jail for it, very sad to see his apologists still out there defending him... Shame on them!

#18553 3 years ago

wonka_i_see_what_you_did_(resized).jpg

#18554 3 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I told John that I wanted to bring my small business experience to the table for him and not just help build the game.

Quoted from fastpinball:

I got to know a lot of the owners through the experience. A lot of great people in a tough situation. Each with their own background and expertise that could have been used to help drag this project to the finish line. Many people were willing to help, as we all saw, there was just no way to help John with John in charge.

This is what's so infuriating about John's version of events, saying no one would help him. In reality he probably had more people willing to roll of their sleeves and get this done than probably any other business i can think of. That is in spite of the fact that John really doesn't deserve anyone's help.

Thanks for the insight. Based on the clusterF John has created, I'm going to say you probably were one of the lucky ones and didn't have your own business ruined by getting involved with him.

Good luck with FAST, I hope it works out.

#18555 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...and that's exactly what they got!

Rock_(resized).jpg

#18556 3 years ago

3-14-15 john send me this email,i mentioned my DIY solar panels in some back and forth emailing about zidware.
This he replied:

Hi,

Me too. Solar panels sound like a "good" project, I have
one day an idea for "low impact" housing for people displaced by storm, or
war. Beautiful "Nano" houses, made from recycled materials, nice colors,
easy to setup, compact to be a home for people, and children who are
without one. Something more than a tent....

I would do a Kickstarter or something as it is very needed and good.

The digital pinball thing will take off one day, one of our patents
we have a new playfield where the screen is "the whole" playfield and
the parts sit on top. Not a window in the center but the whole playfield.

Will send you some early videos from 2011 we had for test. Very cool
effect the ball hitting digital stuff, and the digital ball hitting real posts.

I think this will be the future with a rolling real ball on digital artwork for
the bars and arcades.

John

I am more and more confused about the things he emailed,at the time i just read it differently..
The part in the mail about digital pinball is actually describing Gerry Stellenbergs latest work? But he says he owns the patent?
And he never did send the videos about it, always says there is more to show but shows nothing?
I think indeed he is better off building a recycled house and maybe he can live in one shortly too!

#18557 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I have
one day an idea for "low impact" housing for people displaced by storm, or
war

Or displaced by being out of work.. John is going to be living in one of these soon:

PODS-31_full_(resized).jpeg

#18558 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Or displaced by being out of work.. John is going to be living in one of these soon:

PODS-31_full_(resized).jpeg

A Popadiuk Overly Debted Situation?

#18559 3 years ago

I would do a Kickstarter

Of course he would. Free money, no skin in the game, pay yourself until the money runs out and then shrug your shoulders. What's not to like?

#18560 3 years ago

--SNIP--
The part in the mail about digital pinball is actually describing Gerry Stellenbergs latest work? But he says he owns the patent?

Simply put (and not surprising), John owns no such patent. The guy lives in his own false sense of reality and its really quite sad... and enraging.

#18561 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Simply put (and not surprising), John owns no such patent. The guy lives in his own false sense of reality and its really quite sad... and enraging.

Probably thought since he lived waaaaaaay overseas he probably hadn't heard of a video playfield project.

He DID know enough about P-Roc to clone it. So claiming not to know about Gerry's project is not very believable!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#18562 3 years ago

Beautiful nano homes? Is John going to patent Tiny Homes next? (spoiler warning they aren't that cheap)

#18563 3 years ago

StevenP sure hit the road as soon as the shit blew up.

Can't say I blame him although he was the one guy saddled up next to John from day one that could have/should have had a clue.

He was the "IP" guy and I assume the architect of that ridiculous NDA.

It's puzzling to me that he was helping John in his attempts to raise money until the bitter end.

When the lawsuits hit, StevenP went underground and left Pinside

#18565 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Beautiful nano homes? Is John going to patent Tiny Homes next? (spoiler warning they aren't that cheap)

3D printed homes is where its at. JUMP ON IT, JOHN!

#18567 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Quoted from Compy:

3D printed homes is where its at. JUMP ON IT, JOHN!

A kiwi has already designed plastic houses. They are in production and out in the marketplace.

He was a plastic water tank manufacturer, and he originally designed them for the Red Cross to use in emergency zones. I don't know if they came on board.

http://www.breezepod.com

rd

#18568 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

wonka_i_see_what_you_did_(resized).jpg

You'd be able to buy more than one pin if you changed careers and gave up your day job as a comedian.

#18569 3 years ago

i herd john is moving to nigeria and then he send you a check lol

#18570 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

StevenP sure hit the road as soon as the shit blew up.
Can't say I blame him although he was the one guy saddled up next to John from day one that could have/should have had a clue.
He was the "IP" guy and I assume the architect of that ridiculous NDA.
It's puzzling to me that he was helping John in his attempts to raise money until the bitter end.
When the lawsuits hit, StevenP went underground and left Pinside

He's around. His profile shows he logged on today.

#18571 3 years ago

I miss his cool avatar in postings though.

JPOPIP_(resized).JPG

#18572 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

He's around. His profile shows he logged on today.

I always thought he was a straight up good guy.

He was in a position to take the "kid gloves" off, kick John's ass and push him into getting the right help

#18573 3 years ago

Well, for fun I decided to revisit StevenP's posts in this thread.

Some interesting exchanges...

Quoted from benheck:

I agree, just start over.
The only value in the IP is the artwork. Zombie Yeti is the star of this show. Imagine what he could accomplish if his work didn't have to be squeezed through the cheese grater of John's mind?
Save your 9k and buy a game from whatever company hires Yeti to make something just as pretty, but much cheaper, than Zidware crap.

Quoted from StevenP:

I gotta disagree with this. Are you really saying that the 2 complete layouts, custom parts and lighting designs, music/voicework, new toy designs, etc. are all worth nothing? It will be interesting to see how people compare the MG prototype to AMH in a few weeks, I guess.

This is pretty funny now, as we are apparently on the cusp of a ZombieYeti pinball being released, and it ain't the one he worked on for 4 years with John. The dig at AMH is completely hilarious in light of almost every AMH has been delivered to every customer at this point.

And now that we're a year past the nuclear meltdown of zidware, apparently all of the work there HAS been proven worthless, no one has been able to figure out a way to save it, and the much hyped mystery prototype was exposed as completely lackluster.

Quoted from StevenP:

He does have a lot to show for it. I'm not being an apologist for how everything was handled, but just trying to clarify some misperceptions. There are 2 virtually complete games designed, production-quality parts and all. One should be revealed very soon, if what I've been told is correct. Just because he hasn't shown it (for whatever reason!) doesn't mean there's nothing to show. Anybody who has visited his workshop knows this. And I can't imagine somebody would try to step in to get the games done if they were just in early stages of development.

This was repeatedly thrown back at all the doubters, that there was a "virtually complete" game sitting in his shop, but here we are.

#18574 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The dig at AMH is completely hilarious in light of almost every AMH has been delivered to every customer at this point.

And every AMH has gone up in value by about $1k

#18575 3 years ago

The difference between my opinions and StevenP (besides mine being correct) were he was trying to save John and I was just calling the situation as I saw it.

#18576 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The difference between my opinions and StevenP (besides mine being correct) were he was trying to save John and I was just calling the situation as I saw it.

Also, StevenP, as his patent attorney, still works for JPlop and you quit that sh*t a long time ago.

#18577 3 years ago

Unless I read wrong John and his wife are both listed as Vice Presidents in Zidware. Who is President and are there any other officers?

#18578 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Unless I read wrong John and his wife are both listed as Vice Presidents in Zidware. Who is President and are there any other officers?

The President is probably JPlop's other personality.

#18579 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It's fitting really, they are the Presidents of Vice... the vice being other people's time and money!

#18580 3 years ago

Does anybody know if Steven P was a real person, it would make more sense than anything else if he was an alternate John account.

I doubt this, it would just make more sense. Which makes the reality even more depressing.

#18581 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Does anybody know if Steven P was a real person, it would make more sense than anything else if he was an alternate John account.
I doubt this, it would just make more sense. Which makes the reality even more depressing.

StevenP = John douchebag wife ?

#18582 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

StevenP = John douchebag wife ?

No.

<link to personal info removed. Posting personal information is not allowed on Pinside.>

#18583 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Some people use that as a trick in small business, instead of listing yourself as President, you list it as a lesser position, to make it look like the organization is bigger than it is. Otherwise it appears like a 1 man show, even if it is.

#18584 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Some people use that as a trick in small business, instead of listing yourself as President, you list it as a lesser position, to make it look like the organization is bigger than it is. Otherwise it appears like a 1 man show, even if it is.

That, and to deflect responsibility.

#18585 3 years ago

StevenP is a good guy. I had some PM conversations with him years ago (totally unrelated subject matter) and he always seemed competent, professional, and reasonable.

Like many he was just misled by JPop and was drinking the cool aid. It happened to a lot of people. StevenP was a true believer who stood up for his friend; who knows what sort of acid JPop was feeding people before they went in to his shop but many people claimed they saw the game and it was further along than what ended up being the case.

In retrospect, some of the positions taken by StevenP and others were flat wrong, similar story in the Predator situation with many people. Is what it is, as a community we all recognize that JPop was the problem, not people like StevenP who were simply misled. That is my personal opinion anyway.

#18586 3 years ago

But have you ever talked to StevenP and JPop's wife at the same time, or ever seen them in the same place at the same time ?

batman-jpop-wife-1_(resized).jpg

#18587 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

But have you ever talked to StevenP and JPop's wife at the same time, or ever seen them in the same place at the same time ?

batman-jpop-wife-1_(resized).jpg

I have talked to Steven P, He is a good guy and like many of us was misled by John.

#18588 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have talked to Steven P, He is a good guy and like many of us was misled by John.

but was Jpop's wife also anywhere to be seen/heard during that conversation
hehehehe.... slow day... what time does superbowl start anyway

#18589 3 years ago

I thought I remembered people legitimately vouching for Steven P in the past. That just makes everything a bit more sad.

And is the clearest indication just how much of a master manipulator John was. I guess he does have some "legitimate" skills after all. I bet his next "expert level" courses will be how to gain the confidence of others, milk them dry for years, and skate away consequence free.

I can see some big time speaking fees coming his way from various politicians and banks in the future.

#18590 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Like those nano hotel rooms in Tokyo?

snygo_files-001-9hourscapsulehotel_(resized).jpg

#18591 3 years ago

If somebody is still working for JPop while knowing what JPop has done to the pinball community, does that make that somebody a good guy???

#18592 3 years ago

patents cost like 20k each. I highly doubt he fronted the money on any of those.

Any pics of magic girl in action at shows yet? Nope? another 1000 posts till then I guess.

#18593 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

patents cost like 20k each. I highly doubt he fronted the money on any of those.
Any pics of magic girl in action at shows yet? Nope? another 1000 posts till then I guess.

The legal costs are the big expense for Patents, not the applications which have fairly inexpensive fees for small entities.
How is JPop paying his Intellectual Property lawyer to keep on representing him? Regardless of the method of payment (be it money or pinball stuff) it is likely funded by the pre-order people who seem to have lost all that they put into Zidware.

#18594 3 years ago

Example 3: Mechanical tool

> Patent search with attorney opinion = $1,250

> Provisional patent application prepared and filed = $2,000

> Filing fee to the USPTO = $130 (small entity)

> Nonprovisional patent application based off provisional filing = $7,500

> Filing fee to the USPTO for nonprovisional patent application = $800 (small entity)

> Professional illustrations for nonprovisional patent application = $400

====================================================
=TOTAL COST through filing nonprovisional patent application = $12,080 (if provisional patent application is skipped the cost would be $130 less)

#18595 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Example 3: Mechanical tool
> Patent search with attorney opinion = $1,250
> Provisional patent application prepared and filed = $2,000
> Filing fee to the USPTO = $130 (small entity)
> Nonprovisional patent application based off provisional filing = $7,500
> Filing fee to the USPTO for nonprovisional patent application = $800 (small entity)
> Professional illustrations for nonprovisional patent application = $400
====================================================
=TOTAL COST through filing nonprovisional patent application = $12,080 (if provisional patent application is skipped the cost would be $130 less)

Yes, most of those costs go to the lawyer. The patent office gets very little ($800 filing fee small entity, actually less than that with electronic filing).

#18596 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Like those nano hotel rooms in Tokyo?
snygo_files-001-9hourscapsulehotel_(resized).jpg

Perfect for exhibitionists.

#18597 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The legal costs are the big expense for Patents, not the applications which have fairly inexpensive fees for small entities.
How is JPop paying his Intellectual Property lawyer to keep on representing him? Regardless of the method of payment (be it money or pinball stuff) it is likely funded by the pre-order people who seem to have lost all that they put into Zidware.

With jpop officially unable to make good with his customers, yes, I'd call any money he's paying anyone "dirty" money. That was handed over in good faith, to pre-order a pinball, not to fund jpop's delusional patents.

Even at bottom basement rates, in the end that is our money he's got and is paying for patent work. And what do we get out of this? A big fat zero.

#18598 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Perfect for exhibitionists.

They have curtains or LCD blackout depending on the hotel.

42-153600101-1680x1050_(resized).jpg

#18599 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

No Steven P is a real person and nice guy. He warned me about doing a fund raiser for my drive in theatre in 2013, he took some heat on here for his answers of law but was genuine and really cared. I was upset as other drive ins were raffling guns and atv so I tried a pinball machine here in our community group. I went ok as long as tax income reported. I meet him later at Expo with John. He owns some pins too and like many of us a fan of JPOP'S work beforehand at WMS.

#18600 3 years ago

The Popadiuks of Hazzard.

Now THAT would be a great pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 372 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside