(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 491.
#18501 8 years ago

I guess this thread can be closed when all of those who put money down get it back, when all vendors get paid and Jpop is serving time for fraud -- so, that will be a long time from now, if ever.

#18502 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

time to close this tread.
Nothing new last 100 pages.

John, we will never forget how you ripped everyone off.

Quit trying to bury the evidence.

#18503 8 years ago

I found this cleaning the shop today. Came out of our bin for shows. I'm guessing been in the bottom since Nw Show somehow.

We could stamp set we steal online and sell it to recoup our deposit money! Fool proof right ?

20160120_101835_(resized).jpg20160120_101835_(resized).jpg

#18504 8 years ago

Anyone know what John is doing these days? Has he gotten a real job or still living off what he "earned" from Zidware and doing arts and crafts?

#18505 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know what John is doing these days? Has he gotten a real job or still living off what he "earned" from Zidware and doing arts and crafts?

been wondering along these same lines of thought myself as of late ...... his pinball inventor web pages have been taken down ... does anyone know if he is still renting the shop space ?

#18506 8 years ago

well, this site is still up

http://www.johnpopadiuk.com

#18507 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No changes on his linkedin page.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnpopadiuk

#18508 8 years ago

The thing I regret the most about this whole thing is it brought out the worst in some of us as a tight knit community, myself especially.

Getting so emotionally involved and invested was not a highlight moment for me.

As for John, his pinball world is ruined and he'll walk away without a scratch or care in the world. He's a despicable fraudulent human being to do what he did.

#18509 8 years ago

Well, LinkedIn got it right......

johnpoppadouchebag_(resized).jpgjohnpoppadouchebag_(resized).jpg

#18510 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

johnpoppadouchebag_(resized).jpg

#18511 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

johnpoppadouchebag_(resized).jpg

BWAHHAHAHHA! Is that for real!?!? That's amazing...well, no way he gets a job offer through LinkedIn!

#18512 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

BWAHHAHAHHA! Is that for real!?!?

Er, it had some help......

#18513 8 years ago

This is the bed he made.

#18514 8 years ago

Oddly enough, I've run into some people that are still friends with him and think he just made a mistake.

I'm not going to call them out, but it surprised me.

#18515 8 years ago

Hehe ... Thieving Scumbag. but isn't that two skills rolled into one category? Wish that when this search is rerun, category is renamed Lying Thieving Dirtbags.

#18516 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Oddly enough, I've run into some people that are still friends with him and think he just made a mistake.

People own up to mistakes and take blame for their mistakes. People who intentionally defrauded other people won't own up to their actions and will just shift blame to others.

Which is JPop doing right now?

#18517 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Wow. Cults have a strong hold on the brain. John should segue into polygamy.

#18518 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow. Cults have a strong hold on the brain. John should segue into polygamy.

His inability to deliver probably extends past pinball....

#18519 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

His inability to deliver probably extends past pinball....

Oh snap. You went there.

#18520 8 years ago

JPop sounds a bit crazy/loonie on the C2C Podcast. Some his reply's from Nate's questions make me go

#18521 8 years ago

Here's a old email I found

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#18522 8 years ago

Wait.. He's only the Vice-President??

#18523 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Wait.. He's only the Vice-President??

He was President, but then he had to demote himself because of poor performance reviews. His dog made a play and took over the helm.

#18524 8 years ago

Now he can say:" But, I was only an employee!!!!"

#18525 8 years ago

John! You suck!

#18526 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's like those people posting to the MAD Amusements thread "Well, I'VE never been ripped off by him".

This isn't some story of a customer that couldn't be satisfied and is now ripping you a new one on yelp. This is 100+ people screwed out of a million dollars, much of it sent under false pretense ("games will be built next month", "playable prototype behind the camera", "these people are now on my team", "big reveal coming at expo", etc), and a huge chunk of which went straight into jpop's pockets for delivering NOTHING. He did not fail honorably.

Yeah, I'd suggest his "friends" take a good look at themselves if they're ok with this.

#18527 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yeah, I'd suggest his "friends" take a good look at themselves if they're ok with this.

Its the same group of hero worship pinball groupies he has always had.

All those that made apologies for him or interviewed him after the fact which did nothing for his clients and everything for his ego.

remember how he described his clients as "fans?"As he comes to the conclusion that he's out of pinball for good,where is he gonna find folks to stroke his ego?

#18528 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Here's a old email I found

"We are not jerks to work with"

can someone who does not pay their vendors, or copies their tech rather than pay, claim to be 'not a jerk' -- I don't think so.

#18529 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's like those people posting to the MAD Amusements thread "Well, I'VE never been ripped off by him".
This isn't some story of a customer that couldn't be satisfied and is now ripping you a new one on yelp. This is 100+ people screwed out of a million dollars, much of it sent under false pretense ("games will be built next month", "playable prototype behind the camera", "these people are now on my team", "big reveal coming at expo", etc), and a huge chunk of which went straight into jpop's pockets for delivering NOTHING. He did not fail honorably.

Some of those people may not realize the extent of what has happened. My buddy who got me hooked up with MET thinks John is the best designer, but when I tell him what has happened, and continues to happen, he cant grasp it like I can, because Im here reading about it. He just knows that John used to have some input into some really good games a long time ago.

Now if they are on here and see the carnage and still believe he is a God, then ya...

#18530 8 years ago

1 skill says "FUTURISM"... .. .

#18531 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

1 skill says "FUTURISM"

Clearly he does not have that skill, or things would not be the freaking mess they are.

#18532 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Its the same group of hero worship pinball groupies he has always had.

Isn't that what started this whole mess?

#18533 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Clearly he does not have that skill, or things would not be the freaking mess they are.

Maybe he did. Since SKIT B skated away with $$$$, he saw his future and did the same, sadly..

#18534 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's my understanding. Was curious to hear Aaron's thoughts though. Or was it another "bullet dodged" like some of the others and would have turned into a nightmare.

Well, I think that if John had sent us the playfield we would have been able to get our FAST hardware controlling what was there pretty quickly. We would have had the "flipping whitewood" in days. I think that this would have exposed any problems with the design from an engineering standpoint. I expected that there would still be work to do on that front. Keep in mind, we didn't know that there wasn't enough money to finish the job at this point. I think that if we could have got the playfield flipping and could have started a good steady march through refining the game and developing the game code, I think things could have turned out differently.

If we were able to manage the project and get full transparency on the financial state of things, I feel we could have delivered a real world "this is where we are and this is what it will take to get us to the finish line" outline to the owners. Maybe there could have been an arrangement that got the games made that required more time and money, but at least got them made. I think that there could have been some way to restructure things with the owners if the project wasn't left in John's hands alone. I told John that I wanted to bring my small business experience to the table for him and not just help build the game. He needs to be a designer and that's it. He needed help on most fronts.

I got to know a lot of the owners through the experience. A lot of great people in a tough situation. Each with their own background and expertise that could have been used to help drag this project to the finish line. Many people were willing to help, as we all saw, there was just no way to help John with John in charge.

All in all, I learned a lot. It's no secret that FAST wants to build pinball machines. We want to be the engineering/manufacturing back end to pinball designers/design studios. John could have worked with us and not against us and things could have be so different. Designed by Zidware, Engineered & Manufactured by FAST Pinball. It could have been a match made in heaven? Maybe?

A lot of great people I have met over the last few years have encouraged us to keep on track with our plans. Moving on without the baggage of John's problems would probably be the best way for us to keep focused and reach our goals someday.

I look forward to taking delivery of our next manufacturing run of FAST hardware tomorrow (assembled in Seattle, WA!), updating our website (finally!) this weekend to show all the latest developments and keep on the steady crawl/walk/run approach to making more pinball.

Not sure if I really answered your question. Haven't thought about this stuff in a while. Let me know if I can try to answer any other questions for you.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#18535 8 years ago

I met and talked to John a few times at different shows. He seemed like a good guy...until the autograph session at the 2007 Chicago Expo. I asked him to autograph my fliers. He said "pick the number behind my back and I'll sign them." At that moment, I knew he was pulling my leg, but mentioned a number anyways. He said "sorry, I won't sign them." No surprise there.

I didn't want to argue with him, so I continued getting my stuff signed by the others. I don't know if I said or did something earlier that gave him a hissy fit, but I thought it was a major dick move. I told my other friends about it and they couldn't believe this great designer was such a narcissist. I don't know if I'm the only one he did that to, but I didn't dwell on it. I became one of his many Facebook friends and followed his then-running Zidware page with anticipation.

From what I saw, I expected magic girl would wow the masses. So much for that...Thieving acts aside, I still think he's a top designer who could've gone far if he followed the other designers' paths. But seeing this reminds me of that one day long ago in 2007. His narcissism has grown exponentially. Instead of asking people to guess numbers behind his back, he told them to give him money instead and hope they got it right. What a shame...

#18536 8 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I met and talked to John a few times at different shows. He seemed like a good guy...until the autograph session at the 2007 Chicago Expo. I asked him to autograph my fliers. He said "pick the number behind my back and I'll sign them." At that moment, I knew he was pulling my leg, but mentioned a number anyways. He said "sorry, I won't sign them." No surprise there.
I didn't want to argue with him, so I continued getting my stuff signed by the others. I don't know if I said or did something earlier that gave him a hissy fit, but I thought it was a major dick move. I told my other friends about it and they couldn't believe this great designer was such a narcissist. I don't know if I'm the only one he did that to, but I didn't dwell on it. I became one of his many Facebook friends and followed his then-running Zidware page with anticipation.
From what I saw, I expected magic girl would wow the masses. So much for that...Thieving acts aside, I still think he's a top designer who could've gone far if he followed the other designers' paths. But seeing this reminds me of that one day long ago in 2007. His narcissism has grown exponentially. Instead of asking people to guess numbers behind his back, he told them to give him money instead and hope they got it right. What a shame...

I bet you wish you, and these guys, could tell him he's number 1, if you know what I mean

#18537 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I bet you wish you, and these guys, could tell him he's number 1, if you know what I mean

You mean #2

#18538 8 years ago

Good one! He really is full of it. That would've been the perfect comeback...

#18539 8 years ago

Didn't a lot of people pre-order #2?

#18540 8 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

It's funny that no matter how low you think a person can get, you learn to dislike a person even more. He wasn't a jerk to me when I met Jpop, but of all the designers I talked to at the show, he definitely was the most awkward - I told him how I liked World Cup Soccer, and his response was that it doesn't sell for as much as it should, like his other games.

All the other designers were just cool to say hello or shoot a game with.

#18541 8 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

He acted like a jerk to you so you friended him on F.B, OK......

#18542 8 years ago

"For tha love of pinball. For tha love of pinball, y'all ! "

#18543 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

...and that's exactly what they got!

#18544 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In truth, they ended up with a big "0"

#18545 8 years ago

This guy must have had a lot of people under his spell.

#18546 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

seriously, WTF.

#18547 8 years ago

As time passes, john-gate is getting more and more bizarre.
His friends think john just made a mistake?
A silly one million dollar mistake?
Really? Pfff

#18548 8 years ago

Believe me, it caught me off guard as well.

I think he should be rotting in a prison somewhere.

#18549 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

As time passes, john-gate is getting more and more bizarre.
His friends think john just made a mistake?
A silly one million dollar mistake?
Really? Pfff

i think we need to rename is popadiuk gate not john as give us guys name john a bad name lol

I think in his mind he thinks he did nothing wrong which is insane.

#18550 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You can't make this shit up! "John.... I pissed all your money away on my own salary for 4 years of puttering around in my shop building prop games that don't work and there is no way I can build any these games, sorry making pinball is hard!"
Next day John gets an email from an unsuspecting victim...
Hey John I'm interested in AIW "John.... great I will send you an owners packet send me your money ASAP no credit card or pay pal check or cash only"

That's not a mistake its fraud & theft and John should go to jail for it, very sad to see his apologists still out there defending him... Shame on them!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/371 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.