(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 490.
#18351 8 years ago

Oh man talk about Art flaws notice the prosecutor's finger pointing right hand. Oh my!

#18352 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If it was bound to happen, then surely the sooner it happens the better? Maybe people will wise up and the industry as a whole will run things more professionally. If something happened like this in 5 years time (when presumably there will have been significantly more growth and investment), it could be an immensely larger setback.

There's a clear question of intent or lack thereof, however. Both from an ethical and legal point of view. There's a difference between him (or anyone) intending to deliver something (even if the whole project is to feed their ego) and never intending to do anything and run off with the money.
If you really believe the intention was to make off with the money, then he's a far more incompetent thief than an incompetent and ill-equipped manager and business owner given the alternative. I know which I think is more likely.

How about he's (JPop) an adult and is responsible for his actions.Not what he INTENDED to do but what he actually did.

#18353 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

agreed.. I'd even settle for artist sketch chalk drawings
court_sketch1.jpg
» YouTube video

I'll skip the artists sketch and wait for the mugshots. Who am I kidding? I'll enjoy cartoons of court sketches to fill the void.

#18354 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

...in which case you'd have no legal recourse against this guy.

Not exactly... should that be the case... just sayin'... not endorsing.....

justice.jpgjustice.jpg

#18355 8 years ago

New beer collaboration between Stone and JPop?sorrynotsorry.jpgsorrynotsorry.jpg

#18356 8 years ago
Quoted from BlackKnight:

New beer collaboration between Stone and JPop?

Nah, Stone is competent and can actually manufacture something...JPop can't manufacture anything so obviously he wasn't involved in a successful project...not in this century anyway.

Maybe if the Stone bottles were designed and made from cheap foam and had no internal substance...then I could see the similarities.

#18357 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

JPop can't manufacture anything so obviously he wasn't involved in a successful project

Also JPOP never said sorry in the first place to say "not sorry"

I think this one might be more fitting
b177c898-5cc0-431c-8119-6d5497c57b86[1].jpgb177c898-5cc0-431c-8119-6d5497c57b86[1].jpg

#18358 8 years ago

Well it looks like John killed his AIW progress thread yesterday, from what I have seen it was the only game he was showing any updates on. The RAZA & MG pages havnt had an update in nearly 6 months...
http://www.pinballinventor.org/feed_aiw.html

#18359 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well it looks like John killed his AIW progress thread yesterday, from what I have seen it was the only game he was showing any updates on. The RAZA & MG pages havnt had an update in nearly 6 months...
http://www.pinballinventor.org/feed_aiw.html

It was up 2 days ago:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kaawWfgKwBIJ:www.pinballinventor.org/feed_aiw.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

He hasn't updated AIW in at least 2 months.. maybe he's clearing that chunk of the website so he can upload a completely new template and a foam update!

#18360 8 years ago

If I woke up one day in John Popadiuk's shoes I would kill myself. Personally I have a hard time if I disappoint one person even when money is not involved. For the way John handles himself in this situation there is clearly something wrong with his brain.

I don't believe his intent was to fraud people. As ridiculous as it sounds I don't think he thought past the designing part. Such a screwed up situation.

#18361 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It was up 2 days ago:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kaawWfgKwBIJ:www.pinballinventor.org/feed_aiw.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
He hasn't updated AIW in at least 2 months.. maybe he's clearing that chunk of the website so he can upload a completely new template and a foam update!

Is reality finally starting to set in?

#18362 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is reality finally starting to set in?

Nah, now the entire site is gone. Last time this happened, the entire site got revamped. If you go to the IP address you get the same thing

#18364 8 years ago

Maybe the hipster finally sees the bears on the road ahead.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#18365 8 years ago

*Crickets* ...is this bastard in jail and/or homeless yet?

#18366 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*Crickets* ...is this bastard in jail and/or homeless yet?

expect the court system to drag on for at least another year:
https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcounty/FindDock.asp?NCase=&SearchType=2&Database=1&case_no=&Year=&div=&caseno=&PLtype=2&sname=Popadiuk&CDate=

His website is miraculously back up, but nothing's been changed.

#18367 8 years ago

Hmmm... is there resemblance or.... just keeping the dead thread alive.

#18368 8 years ago

I still say we ask Jersey Jack to build a mix of the 3 JPOP machines..to satisfy everybody and you only have to build one line of pins.

It will be the tale about a toxic zombie girl with big magical tits that drank atomic waste in radioactive wonderland and ofcourse turned purple with skittle colored "zids" and is eversince in sort of a retro rollercoaster acid pinball trip.

ZAP ZAP

#18369 8 years ago

The JPOP case is further along than the Predator case.

#18370 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

expect the court system to drag on for at least another year

Considering John seems to want to "keep on working", likely this WILL be pushed for as long as possible. The people I know who have visited him recently all say is he still there working.

We will likely be in this thread at the end of 2016 still wondering what is going on.

The only thing I suspect is he will leave the shop, move back to his basement or garage or wherever he started, but still be tinkering a year from now.

#18371 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I still say we ask Jersey Jack to build a mix of the 3 JPOP machines..to satisfy everybody and you only have to build one line of pins.
ZAP ZAP

How about we get one of jpoop's half finished games, chuck it off a roof and call it a day.

QSS
pinball chucking.pngpinball chucking.png
That is, until the gang sues him silly!

#18372 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

The JPOP case is further along than the Predator case.

Are you seriously? I thought the Pred guys were farther along than us.

#18373 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Are you seriously? I thought the Pred guys were farther along than us.

Does it really make much of a difference? Sort of like saying the guy who buys 5 lottery tickets has a better chance of winning than the guy who only buys 1.

#18374 8 years ago

Stall tatics

#18375 8 years ago

It's kind of like Oak Island, they keep digging and spending time and money but nothing comes of it.
Maybe John can make a foamcore Oak Island game, if he does then just STFU and take my money!

#18376 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The people I know who have visited him recently all say is he still there working.

Who has visited and what did the conversation entail?

#18377 8 years ago

Good thing john is working very hard,can't wait to see my Alice in Wonderland in my gameroom!
Come on John! You can do it!

#18378 8 years ago

Good thing john is working very hard,can't wait to see my Alice in Wonderland in my gameroom!

It may be further along than you think.

alice.jpgalice.jpg

#18379 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who has visited and what did the conversation entail?

Another owner I know. I'll let them speak for themselves but my impression was John is living this movie moment:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#18380 8 years ago

John in Wonderland.

Magic John.

#18381 8 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

How about we get one of jpoop's half finished games, chuck it off a roof and call it a day.

Only if Todd Tuckey will make and narrate the video.

1 week later
#18382 8 years ago

Oooh wow john,you are so smart...I am sooo proud to be michelle popadiuk!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#18383 8 years ago

For some reason I thought of john and what the folks would have got if any real machines shipped and no two being alike.

Hope to hear good news soon!

1 week later
#18384 8 years ago

so i heard magic girl has purple circuit boards? Is that true? Or just gossip?
Anybody?

#18385 8 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

A small minor note of interest, purple was the original color John wanted for all of the PCBs. Unfortunately purple is a custom color (please don't mention OSHpark or any of the other prototyping houses) and very difficult to get in small volume production runs. I then convinced John to do blue, primarily because of time crunch issues (gotta get it ready for that Expo reveal!). So a majority of the boards produced were in blue.

#18386 8 years ago

ah thanks frolic, how nuts is that?.
Starting a pinball business with other peoples money you have to make sure your circuit boards are purple ofcourse..logic..

#18387 8 years ago

so i heard magic girl has purple circuit boards? Is that true? Or just gossip?
Anybody?

Can't be true, because they don't exist

#18388 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Does it really make much of a difference? Sort of like saying the guy who buys 5 lottery tickets has a better chance of winning than the guy who only buys 1.

Lottery tickets? You should be so lucky.

It's more like saying the guy who ONLY got kicked in the balls 4 times is having a better day than the guy who was kicked in the balls 5 times....

#18389 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

With regard to this being some kind of intentional fraud or not, I don't really get that vibe.

We've all done it,

He doesn't seem like a bad guy,

Whilst people's money may be mostly or entirely lost, looking over everything, I think there is a reasonable chance of something coming out of this.

All 3 themes were very strong and the IPs very well liked. ...

Erwut?

Don't take this the wrong way, but either:
1. You read the wrong thread, or
2. You got your meds mixed up, or
3. You hate seeing all this bad stuff written about your uncle Jpop.

#18392 8 years ago

#18393 8 years ago

For the record, I just want to say were not all pacifists up here, I might have let that sign just drop instead of laying it gently on the ground!

#18394 8 years ago

I've seen rioting in Canada, but only when they win a Stanley cup, which occurs so rarely so that a big chunk of the guys here didn't even know what pinball was the last time it happened (1993) Actually, there was some rioting a few years back when the Vancouver Canucks LOST in the cup finals https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Vancouver_Stanley_Cup_riot, I guess they figured it was the closest they would get to winning it all, so they did not want to miss out on the opportunity. Not sure I can recall any other rioting in a city that lost a championship, but I'm sure it has happened.

Bill, you are from Vancouver, so did you get clunked on the head during the riots and lose your memory? Of have you just blocked it out from the pain?

And which was more painful, seeing the Canucks lose the cup finals, or seeing MG at the northwest show?

#18395 8 years ago

After further review of the Vancouver riot, it was determined that there were many Americans present, double dog.....no triple dog daring us into this kinda behavior. and if you know anything about a triple dog dare well then......

Canucks loosing didn't cost me a dimer so gonna have to go with B....MG

#18396 8 years ago

Oh you lost a few loonie there eh??

I would have blown my toque!

Next time you guys want to throw them toonies around I think we need to sit down with a Two-Four and some poutine first. Agreed!

Good day EH! From the states!!

#18397 8 years ago

Actually Ice did try and slap me upside the head about John but wanted to expose all for good and hoped to give something back to the community....big fail

#18398 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Actually Ice did try and slap me upside the head about John but wanted to expose all for good and hoped to give something back to the community....big fail

You gave a Hell of an effort, so it's not a fail on your part...

#18399 8 years ago

We've all learned the truth about JPop, and nobody but him failed.

Even with the help of real entrepreneurs, lawyers, engineers, programmers, artists, etc.... JPop couldn't seal the deal.

You guys that helped him should be glad you didn't get sucked in further. Consider it a blessing that your attempts to help didn't work.

#18400 8 years ago

Oh I have been following along long enough to know that. Your a kind, kind (delusional) man. Just being funny! The kind part I meant from the heart!

Would anyone have climbed aboard if they knew WCS was 10 years in the making and so many others actually doing the pushing to get things finished and out the door.

His own interview was such a sad mindblow!

Seeing as the topic in a lul. Was there something crazy custom about the PF glass. Can you elaborate. I never seen any of the machine(s) in person.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/368 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.