(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 365 of 486.
#18201 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

When Kulek showed up in public....
Someone BRAVELY took a picture of him... from behind.

Ironically, that's actually his good side.

#18202 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lots of talk....
That showed him!

It's the QUIET ones you gotta watch out for...

#18203 4 years ago

Fill in the JPop bubble:

JPop_bubble.jpg

#18204 4 years ago

I think the bubble pretty much speaks for itself the way it is now

#18205 4 years ago

20151016065640.jpg

10-16-2015 12-05-28 PM.png

I don't know if I would be sportin' a custom plate and parking it anywhere near Expo.

#18206 4 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I don't know if would be sportin' a custom plate and parking it anywhere near Expo.

Cool one, thanks for sharing. Made me smile. Now looking for a Skit-B vanity plate. Anyone?

#18207 4 years ago

Wait, what? I thought Jpop drove an old mini van?

#18208 4 years ago

Any JPOP sightings at expo??

#18210 4 years ago

Sorry, just read the last few pages of the thread...please ignore my last post.

#18211 4 years ago

Is that the "van" he is going to live in that he was talking about recently?

#18212 4 years ago

Surprisingly, he did not show up at pinexplosion

#18213 4 years ago

no Jpop sightings as of fri 5pm. There are people here that would do more than take a picture

#18214 4 years ago

OMG?! A Range Rover?!?

#18215 4 years ago

Is that his Range Rover? Is that his wife in the Range Rover photo?

I hope the plaintiffs destroy him.

#18216 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is that his wife in the Range Rover photo?

she is wayyyyyy too smart/badass for him.

#18217 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Cool one, thanks for sharing. Made me smile. Now looking for a Skit-B vanity plate. Anyone?

Put the VPin guy in that girls place, and change the plate to PAIDNFLL...

#18218 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is that his Range Rover? Is that his wife in the Range Rover photo?
I hope the plaintiffs destroy him.

That is Molly from pins and needles

#18220 4 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

That is Molly from pins and needles

That is exactly what I thought. It also looks as though Molly might be engaged or married.

#18221 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lots of talk....
That showed him!

Well, there is no such thing as pinball paparazzi at the moment...

#18222 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is exactly what I thought. It also looks as though Molly might be engaged or married.

And double jointed. Yow!

#18223 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

423409096_640.jpg

That's because she is a keeper

#18224 4 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

423409096_640.jpg

Fuk that chick is bad ass! I think I'm in love

#18225 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Most of us agree with you. But a few vocal A-holes drove her away

Leaving us on Pins and Needles

Did you edit?

#18226 4 years ago

Dang that chick is bad ass! I think I'm in love

Don't fall in love.

She will chew you up and puke you out.

-

Quoted from Taxman:

But a few vocal A-holes drove her away

Molly is still here, don't worry.

#18227 4 years ago

guyssss pleeasse......let her play pinball

#18228 4 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

20151016065640.jpg
10-16-2015 12-05-28 PM.png
I don't know if I would be sportin' a custom plate and parking it anywhere near Expo.

I hope nobody was carrying keys around in that parking lot.

#18229 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Don't fall in love.

She will chew you up and puke you out.

It sounds like she's a beauty and/or a maneater!

#18230 4 years ago

I'm guessing by the silence that he didn't show up at Expo.

#18231 4 years ago

Jpop did not show up. The photo was from a dinner Tuesday night in Chicago, before Expo and not at the Expo venue. Martin Ayub was at the dinner, and I talked to Martin about it Wednesday.

I did talk to PDXmonkey and Bill Brandes at Expo for a little while, and we shared a few JPop stories. But mostly played America's most haunted, bought some parts, played more pinball, drank beer and had fun at Terry's/Pinball Life and played the 100+ games at Expo.

#18232 4 years ago

Apparently the Magic Girl that went to the NW show hasn't been touched since it came back.

You would think anyone with half a brain (yes, I know who we're talking about), and with the intention to save things (which he says he's still there "working" every day to save everything) would have spent the last 4 months since the game came back fixing whatever it needed to have gotten it to some point it could have been brought to Expo, and try to change the narrative about what is going on.

Hell, I imagine most of the people involved in the lawsuit are Magic Girl buyers, since they are out the most money. If he was truly trying to avoid the lawsuit, wouldn't the logical thing to do be to finish MG? I know logic is out the window.

Even if he was afraid of showing his face at Expo, you get that prototype running and invite people to see it.

Instead, we got 4 months of who knows what, 7x14, and all the cash burn associated with keeping that shop.

I wonder what anyone else might have accomplished in 4 months, working full time, trying to complete a prototype pinball.

It just never ends.

#18233 4 years ago

If he's forced into bankruptcy at least the court could order him to stop spending whatever money remains ...

#18234 4 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

423409096_640.jpg

Judging from that pic, she's also very easy on the eyes.

#18235 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You would think anyone with half a brain (yes, I know who we're talking about), and with the intention to save things (which he says he's still there "working" every day to save everything) would have spent the last 4 months since the game came back fixing whatever it needed to have gotten it to some point it could have been brought to Expo, and try to change the narrative about what is going on.

This is why I thought there was a reasonable chance he would show up. Expo was lacking any real excitement and having Magic Girl there certainly would have livened it up. Even if he someone else brought it for him, hard to see how it could have made things worse, and as you said, he had plenty of time to make improvements. Heck, I totally rebuilt my machine, adding art work to the playfield and cabinet, changes to the playfield design (which mean re-routing it by hand, etc.) and adding a new toy, in the 8 weeks leading up to expo. He had plenty of time to get MG further along and playing better.

#18236 4 years ago

I'm sure he would tell you that he couldn't do that, he's stuck in damage control mode thanks to the lawsuit(s). Not his fault.

To be clear, I'm not saying I would agree with that... But he is (deservedly) backed into that corner.

#18237 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'm sure he would tell you that he couldn't do that, he's stuck in damage control mode thanks to the lawsuit(s).

I would think there is no better way to show you are still moving forward than to show the game in public, and that it is progressing. Clearly Kevin was trying to play that card to slow down the legal action against him.

#18238 4 years ago

He doesn't need to impress the public, just a judge. No sense in pretending MG is ever going to get made any more. Far easier to simply keep doing what he was doing, demonstrating no intent to defraud, only incompetence.

Although I'm not clear if he's still taking money in from new victims, or whether Pinside has just inferred that from his website. Did anyone ever cold call him, asking clueless questions and wanting "in", to find out?

#18239 4 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Is he really driving a Range Rover with the custom plate or is that photoshopped?

#18240 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

all the cash burn associated with keeping that shop.

According to Nick, who spent a fair amount of time during Expo talking to him, Popaduik claims the carry cost on the shop is $2,300/month.

That's not chump change but a two-income family could probably carry it for awhile.

#18241 4 years ago

I thought I recalled seeing a post on Jpop's Facebook around the time all the pre order money was flowing in of him in a new Tesla he had just purchased.

#18242 4 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I thought I recalled seeing a post on Jpop's Facebook around the time all the pre order money was flowing in of him in a new Tesla he had just purchased.

So he traded down to the Land Rover. That kind of belt-tightening shows encouraging self awareness.

#18243 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That's not chump change but a two-income family could probably carry it for awhile.

Where's the second income coming from?

#18244 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

According to Nick, who spent a fair amount of time during Expo talking to him, Popaduik claims the carry cost on the shop is $2,300/month.

Yup.

Also seems to refute some folks claims here that "there is no money" and "it's all gone...gone, gone" so don't bother with litigation.

Something tells me that while he may very well have pissed away A LOT of the pre-payers funds, he's still got enough to keep the lights on and keep on "playing house"

#18245 4 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

Where's the second income coming from?

His wife works at a hospital in the cancer section according to Google searches.

I stopped by zidware on Tuesday on my way home, there was a SUV parked in front which I found odd at that hour.. also seemed to be one of those POD storage units in a parking spot.

#18246 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I stopped by zidware on Tuesday on my way home, there was a SUV parked in front which I found odd at that hour.. also seemed to be one of those POD storage units in a parking spot.

Did the SUV have "JPOP" vanity plates on it?

#18247 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

His wife works at a hospital in the cancer section according to Google searches.

Oh, I understand that. Was trying to make light of the suggestion that there is a 2nd income in the family that doesn't originate from his wife. As if John is somehow earning an "income".....

#18248 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

also seemed to be one of those POD storage units in a parking spot.

hmm, that could indicate, if it is there for him, that he is moving out of the space. Quick way to get out, either just put it into storage until you have someplace new, or just have the pod delivered to a different location, like his driveway.

#18249 4 years ago

Maybe he's getting ready to live in the pod?

#18250 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Maybe he's getting ready to live in the pod?

He's found a nice place for the pod.... down by the river.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 365 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside