(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 487.
#17851 4 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

if pinsiders are a good estimate for pinballarcade downloads (or zen), then probably not a ton of $ here, but it would appear that you can make some money in selling digital games as williams and stern have done deals... anyhow a quick call to pinball arcade team would let them explore the option.... maybe it generates a little $...
looking back at the kickstarters, pinball arcade had to raise $100K to make some of their licensed tables commercially viable... so I agree, not big opportunity based on that as well.

The high cost was because of all the various assets and high costs associated with them--largely because of the actors that appear in the game. That wouldn't be the case with JPop's themes.

#17852 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I have learned that you can't care more about someone else's problems than they do and expect to feel anything but heartache. Had John listened to and took the advice of the people who cared enough to spend time getting to know him and his business, this situation would not have turned out this bad.

Amen brother Aaron! What a great guy Aaron is and most people have no idea the lengths he went to try and pull John out of the ditch.

The hard headed SOB just wouldn't F ing listen to anybody. I'll never understand that for the life of me.

I got hammered for "talking tough" to him. Oh you can't treat John that way, "he's so sensitive and needs to be treated with kid gloves", "he's pinball royalty".

The biggest mistake ALL of us made was not HAMMERING his ass 3 years ago when progress deadlines weren't being met. From that standpoint, gotta take some responsibility for not holding him accountable.

#17853 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The biggest mistake ALL of us made was not HAMMERING his ass

Ahhhhh is that what you do down Texas way?

Deliverance Iceman style!! Come here boy!!

rd

#17854 4 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Illinois has a lottery, right? - could his reputation be salvaged?

Even if he wins, he loses. Google "Illinois lottery broke" for several articles.Illinois Lottery Broke Sept 2015.JPG

#17855 4 years ago

Wonder if John's light bulb just came on.

IOU's to everybody.

Problem solved.

#17856 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ahhhhh is that what you do down Texas way?
Deliverance Iceman style!! Come here boy!!
rd

Negatory RD. We ain't some toothless backwoods packers down here like you are use to in NZ with those nut grabbing rugby players.

But, if you'd like to get some Jpop rugby style I'm sure that would be Ok too?

#17857 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Wonder if John's light bulb just came on.

IOU's to everybody.

dumb-dumber-6[1].jpg

#17858 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I would like to clarify that while I feel bad it came to this, I don't feel sorry for John.
He pocketed almost 3 times as much money NOT making games as I did bringing something real to market.
I guess so did Kevin. Damn. Making games is the wrong way to go about it.

Sounds familiar:

the-producers.jpg

Max Bialystock: You were saying that under the right circumstances, a producer could make more money with a flop than he could with a hit.
Leo Bloom: Yes, it's quite possible.
Max Bialystock: You keep saying that, but you don't tell me how. How could a producer make more money with a flop than with a hit?
Leo Bloom: It's simply a matter of creative accounting. Let us assume, just for the moment, that you are a dishonest man.
Max Bialystock: Assume away!

#17859 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Negatory RD. We ain't some toothless backwoods packers down here like you are use to in NZ with those nut grabbing rugby players.

Icey Icey Icey ... Remember it was the French guys who are always after All Black nuts.

I tell you what though, when I was in Amarillo last year for THE BEST STEAK ON EARTH (tm) some of those cowboy types were eyeing me up for some Deliverence style action.

Or maybe I'd just had too many beers. And too much steak. Hmmmmmm... Danni_nz hadn't even been drinking and see what happened. Steak madness!!!

rd

#17860 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

He pocketed almost 3 times as much money NOT making games as I did bringing something real to market.

May be he should work for the European Union then, where farmers are subsidized when not producing goods.

#17861 4 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

Max Bialystock: You were saying that under the right circumstances, a producer could make more money with a flop than he could with a hit.
Leo Bloom: Yes, it's quite possible.
Max Bialystock: You keep saying that, but you don't tell me how. How could a producer make more money with a flop than with a hit?
Leo Bloom: It's simply a matter of creative accounting. Let us assume, just for the moment, that you are a dishonest man.
Max Bialystock: Assume away!

Fixed it for ya....

producers.jpg

#17862 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Fixed it for ya....

producers.jpg

Thanks I didn't know who those other two guys were.

#17863 4 years ago

Wish I could listen to it... but unfortunately i can't get myself to do that. I have enough disgust and anger toward Jpop that I don't need to do further damage to myself. There is absolutely NOTHING Jpop could say to make me feel any less disappointment toward his management of his projects. I can only wish him a good case of Z-Pox when it is unleashed on the world.

Quoted from benheck:

John was close to tears at several points in this interview. (If you couldn't tell that, "listen better!") Maybe it's not sorrow or remorse, but he clearly knows how serious it is.
I suppose "getting your pound of flesh" will be knowing while you're out 10k, his future is basically ruined.
Stern may be the only company in America that PREFERS to hire men over 50, and yet he turned down a job there (spoiler warning! because they offered less than he was paying himself)

#17865 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Icey Icey Icey ... Remember it was the French guys who are always after All Black nuts.
I tell you what though, when I was in Amarillo last year for THE BEST STEAK ON EARTH (tm) some of those cowboy types were eyeing me up for some Deliverence style action.
Or maybe I'd just had too many beers. And too much steak. Hmmmmmm... Danni_nz hadn't even been drinking and see what happened. Steak madness!!!
rd
»

Damn, is it just me or does rotordave remind me of Kim Dotcom?

#17866 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Places like Amarillo and Lubbock are probably two of the last places on earth you have to worry about that kind of action.

If you would have made your way down to Austin then I might have believed it.

I've got several gay friends, all are in Austin. Part of what makes "keeping Austin weird" (and great btw)

#17867 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've got several gay friends, all are in Austin. Part of what makes "keeping Austin weird" (and great btw

Austin looks like a cool town. I have a tour of Texas planned for 2017 ... Probably!

Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

Damn, is it just me or does rotordave remind me of Kim Dotcom?

Hmmmm ... Is this good or bad? Can't decide ....

He did have a stinking hot Asian wife .. So that's good ...(But she's gone now, so that's bad for him)

However he is morbidly obese ... So that's bad ...

And the US government want to extradite him from NZ ... So that's bad (for him..)

And he does tend to wear the same black clothes everyday ... I commented the other day that his wardrobe must look like Peter Griffins or Homer Simpson's... You know, when they open the robe and they have rows of the same clothes. . Ironically I am rocking an all black ensemble today as well.... Hmmmm

Hey maybe I am DotCom!!

rd

#17868 4 years ago

Austin is the best part of Texas.

Sincerely,

A Hippie

#17869 4 years ago

Who in their right mind,wants to listen to JPOP for 2 hours straight?are u kidding me??
The guy took weeks from my beautiful,amazing life, I refuse to listen to him!
What-will-he-say?
Will he give the money back? NO!
Thus a pointless 2 hours of my life? YES!
I pray for everybody to get a refund,that is the only energy I will put in to this...I wouldn't listen to JPOP if he was screaming his apology to me from two foot away.

not-listening-dumb-and-dumber-o.gif

#17870 4 years ago

Magic Girl looks amazing to me. I routing for all of Zid's game to be finished, but MG especially. The sound and art are above and beyond and if it ended up playing as well as any of John's BW games with modern rules I wouldn't complain. John's games might not be the absolute most popular from the pinhead community but they are definitely some of my personal favorites. Heck, CV to me really is the greatest pinball ever. Very unique experience for a very unique game designer. I'm sure something will turn up to help these games come along eventually, and if they are some of the best pin games ever created and the financials get sorted and people get games, I'm sure the saltiness of the current situation will dissolve and eventually be forgotten, while the cool games will be remembered.

#17871 4 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Magic Girl looks amazing to me. I routing for all of Zid's game to be finished, but MG especially. The sound and art are above and beyond and if it ended up playing as well as any of John's BW games with modern rules I wouldn't complain. John's games might not be the absolute most popular from the pinhead community but they are definitely some of my personal favorites. Heck, CV to me really is the greatest pinball ever. Very unique experience for a very unique game designer. I'm sure something will turn up to help these games come along eventually, and if they are some of the best pin games ever created and the financials get sorted and people get games, I'm sure the saltiness of the current situation will dissolve and eventually be forgotten, while the cool games will be remembered.

Are you typing from a parallel universe? In what world are any of his games going to get finished? Or did I miss the

#17872 4 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

I'll have the same drinks. Thanks. Have not been that high for decades.

#17873 4 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

I'm sick of people still saying "if" these machines are produced. These games are coming and we need to give our full support to John so he can get Zidware situated properly and continue to do what he does for the next couple of decades at least. He's the only person in the modern pinball environment that has my full trust of pumping out masterpieces.

Quoted from Strange:

Negative Nancys. JPop is going to come through in spades. I'm sure he just doesn't want his ideas to be replicated. So limited showings until closer to full release.

Quoted from Strange:

Talk about John comin' thru in the end and all these douchebags talkin' mad shit over & over & over & over again. DOUBTFUL. That bastard is my boy. John is my boy. He's the one who really gets it...

Quoted from Strange:

Kaneda is good peoples.

#17876 4 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

I'm sure something will turn up to help these games come along eventually, and if they are some of the best pin games ever created and the financials get sorted and people get games, I'm sure the saltiness of the current situation will dissolve and eventually be forgotten, while the cool games will be remembered.

Something will turn up?? Are you serious? Like what John will bang his head on something and suddenly get some common sense! As for the financials they have already been sorted out, when you have zero dollars it doesn't take long to count your money.

#17877 4 years ago

C'mon Folks, Strange is Jpop!!!

#17878 4 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Jpop is Strange?

#17879 4 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Its kinda like Pee Wee in the biker bar and he disguises his voice..... "I say we let him go"

#17880 4 years ago

Couldn't help but think of JPOP when I read this in a Star Citizen article:

"Games are made like houses. You want to make the foundation first and the wallpaper last. With Chris Roberts, everything is the wallpaper," CS2 added. "I think there will be a game. But it will be a shell of what was promised."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company

#17881 4 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Dude is smoking the drapes...

#17882 4 years ago

You missed one.

Quoted from Strange:

When it comes to making PinGames JPOP doesn't fuck around!

#17883 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Couldn't help but think of JPOP when I read this in a Star Citizen article:
"Games are made like houses. You want to make the foundation first and the wallpaper last. With Chris Roberts, everything is the wallpaper," CS2 added. "I think there will be a game. But it will be a shell of what was promised."
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company

This x 1000. Listening to that interview, it was crystal clear that JPOP had spent a lot of time deluding himself that he was not simply running a complete scam, when he clearly was whether he was cognisent of it or not. There were never games, just artwork and cabinets. When he ran out of the first batch of money trying to over design a pin, he whipped up new artwork and cabinets. And people sent more money.....from that point on he was selling vaporware. Had SkitB not happened, he would have been on the 5th or 6th cabinet/art announce before his shtick imploded.

#17884 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Its kinda like Pee Wee in the biker bar and he disguises his voice..... "I say we let him go"

You are on a roll Kim!!

I literally lol'ed on that one.

#17885 4 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Magic Girl looks amazing to me.

Had to look twice to make sure someone hadn't reposted something from like 2 years ago...

Perhaps Strange has been stranded on a desert island?

Cant otherwise explain this nonsense...

Hell, even the imaginary MG mock-up looked like a skittles explosion....Not only is it NEVER getting made, it was never that great to begin with!

#17886 4 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

And the obvious usual.............John is that you?

#17887 4 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

and I just wanted to add........What the fuck are you talking about?

#17888 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

May be he should work for the European Union then, where farmers are subsidized when not producing goods.

Uh, you know we do that in this country too right?

#17889 4 years ago

did hitler find out about jpop and no games and no refunds yet?

#17890 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

did hitler find out about jpop and no games and no refunds yet?

He's found out many times. Amazingly, he seems to keep forgetting. His followers forget they already told him too, it's a vicious cycle.

#17891 4 years ago

It's been awhile...

#17892 4 years ago

Jpops name had be in the bunker many times.

But it never gets old.

#17893 4 years ago

Is this the biggest thread in Pinside history?

#17894 4 years ago

Link to the hitler Jpop vids please?

#17895 4 years ago

Is it just me or is everyone else reading every post like it's supposed to be a Haiku?

rd

#17896 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Is it just me or is everyone else reading every post like it's supposed to be a Haiku?
rd

Keep drinkin'

#17897 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Whatchu talkin 'bout, Dave?
S'posed to be fallin' on his sword.
I don't believe it.

#17898 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Whatchu talkin 'bout, Dave?
S'posed to be falling on his sword.
I don't believe it.

Too many syllables in your top line........and second line......third line it good.

#17899 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Too many syllables in your top line........and second line......third line it good.

I think he's ok on line one. Line two should use " fallin' " to hit seven syllables though.

Haiku Police strike again!

#17900 4 years ago

How about a Cinquain?

Jpop
Boutique pinball
million bucks gone
Failure of epic proportions
Shameful

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
7,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, PA
25,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside