(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 487.
#17051 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Based on the July 30 post on the magic girl blog from Cointaker, John is still being a coward and not even talking to his "friends".
How he can pretend that everything is fine, and that if it weren't for the people making trouble for him these games will all be completed..... just no words to explain it.
Does anyone know Rob Berk? Someone should make sure he knows not to book a jpop seminar this year at expo. Something tells me John would still show up and do a slide show of artwork and do a "making of Alice in Wonderland" talk. Then blog about a great expo.

I think we want him to appear at Expo. It would be an awesome site. Offer pay-per-view. Where's Jared?

#17052 4 years ago

Am I the only one that would love to see him give a seminar at a show? Imagine if he showed up!

#17053 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Am I the only one that would love to see him give a seminar at a show? Imagine if he showed up!

I'd go to that seminar. Block the doors and don't let him leave until he addresses his crimes against pinball!

#17054 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd go to that seminar. Block the doors and don't let him leave until he addresses his crimes against pinball!

#17055 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Or maybe just kick his ass ........
seabass.jpg
QSS

I was trying to be diplomatic.

#17056 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

he'd try and book a seminar

but of course.. you know, he has to update everyone on his progress this past year. emptying out bank accounts, letting other people finish his magic girl and ship it for him, talk about the lawsuits, how it's all pinside's fault why he couldn't finish.

And don't forget about the website updates!

Oh how ironic if dutch pinball were shipping pins by October, and they post a sign "this is a shipment rug reveal"

#17057 4 years ago

I was on the Expo show website and if click on schedule it shows him talking. I know it was from last year , but that should be updated ASAP.

#17058 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I know it was from last year , but that should be updated ASAP

You're lucky if he updates it a month beforehand, or even updates the classifieds google spreadsheet

#17059 4 years ago

Pretty sad that it's gotten to the point where people are just accepting the losses and want closure, and John won't even give them that.

#17060 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hell yes I'd like him to give a seminar. Don't give a shit what he has to say but I bet he would hear what I, and a few others, have to say....

image.jpg

#17061 4 years ago

Wait I just read that link for the first time, did Bill pull out of trying to get the games made too? What happened to the prototype?

#17062 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

What happened to the prototype?

"Fart in the wind"

#17064 4 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I hope the organizers have enough sense to turn him away if that happens. It would only turn into conflict and that kind of drama doesn't belong at a family friendly event IMO.

If I were Rob Berk - I'd LOVE to have John do a seminar - the attendance boost to EXPO would be huge. State Fair's would get hugh attendance boosts when they had a grandstand show of two trains wreck into each other.

#17066 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

If I were Rob Berk - I'd LOVE to have John do a seminar - the attendance boost to EXPO would be huge. State Fair's would get hugh attendance boosts when they had a grandstand show of two trains wreck into each other.

First Expo with metal detectors!!!

#17067 4 years ago
Quoted from AliciaC:

At this stage I think we will reach our "Million Lines of Ink" challenge I set for myself, and to work as hard as I can for my owners. Jpop

Isn't this indicative of the underlying issue? A challenge of 'make the best pinball machine ever' or even 'introduce a new design aesthetic' or 'bring innovation and designs never seen before' or 'manufacture 100 games in 6 months' are all reasonable challenges to set for a pinball company. But number of lines of ink? Really? Why a million? Why not 900k or 1.1mm? Any one of us, given enough time, could create a million lines of ink. There is no relationship between lines of ink and quality of the end product. It is all about a meaningless metric tied to a process as opposed to an end product. What's next? 'I just hit my goal of producing 100 foam board layouts'?

#17068 4 years ago

Never thought about judging my pins based on how many ink lines they have.

Probably have to toss the inferior ones off the roof.

#17069 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

What's next? 'I just hit my goal of producing 100 foam board layouts'?

He passed that a year and half ago

#17070 4 years ago

Well you know that rich guy JPop has been waiting for? Well he came along and decided to dump $M into Pinball after all.

The problem for JPop is he decided Jersey Jack could actually build machines and he went with the Hobbit.

#17071 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Well you know that rich guy JPop has been waiting for? Well he came along and decided to dump $M into Pinball after all.
The problem for JPop is he decided Jersey Jack could actually build machines and he went with the Hobbit.

Jpop is singing this today

tumblr_ldl9pntXD51qd0axho1_1280.png

#17072 4 years ago

Well, Now I imagine he can book his time to making TOTAN 2.0 and TOM 2.0.

#17073 4 years ago

The truth is, and Bill will confirm if you guys don't remember, but Jack took a look at Jpop's MG disaster and said WTF, we can't build this thing for you.

Nowhere close to being done or any rhyme or reason to the parts/bom etc.

Just a total cluster F*ck. From beginning to end.

#17074 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just a total cluster F*ck. From beginning to end.

The insane thing is it hasn't ended yet.

#17075 4 years ago

So is anything legal happening!?!? I refuse to believe that every single person will just suck up this loss and move on. I'm amazed no one has showed up at his doorstep yet.

#17076 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pretty sad that it's gotten to the point where people are just accepting the losses and want closure, and John won't even give them that.

What? John is Working 14/7 to get things done

#17077 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So is anything legal happening!?!? I refuse to believe that every single person will just suck up this loss and move on. I'm amazed no one has showed up at his doorstep yet.

If i lived anywhere close to Chicago I would have been on his doorstep a long time ago.

I don't get it either. I guess there aren't any Chicago Jpop clients, maybe they knew better?

#17078 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If i lived anywhere close to Chicago I would have been on his doorstep a long time ago.
I don't get it either. I guess there aren't any Chicago Jpop clients, maybe they knew better?

I've asked the same thing earlier. I simply CANNOT understand how any of the number of people that he scammed don't show up at his place of business. Hell, even if it's a 500 mile trip it would still be worth it. Call it closure, call it satisfaction, call it whatever you want-it is INSANE that no one, NOT ONE person has shown up in person to discuss this situation with him. Seriously-am I missing something here?

#17079 4 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I've asked the same thing earlier. I simply CANNOT understand how any of the number of people that he scammed don't show up at his place of business. Hell, even if it's a 500 mile trip it would still be worth it. Call it closure, call it satisfaction, call it whatever you want-it is INSANE that no one, NOT ONE person has shown up in person to discuss this situation with him. Seriously-am I missing something here?

Maybe some people will behave like adults?

#17080 4 years ago

It's also very short sighted.

When someone screws you over for a serious amount of money, it's time to play the long game.

#17081 4 years ago

I heard the lawsuit is 25 ppl deep.
I don't think this will end well for the Popaduiks.

#17082 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I heard the lawsuit is 25 ppl deep.
I don't think this will end well for the Popaduiks.

What are the other 100+ people going to do ?

#17083 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What are the other 100+ people going to do ?

Why don't you ask "Moonbeam?" I'm sure he has a solution.

#17084 4 years ago

Even if you did show up on his doorstep, what are you going to do?

Stand there and get shot?

Break in and get shot?

Get invited in and get shot?

Do you think Jpiss has $10,000 in his pocket and is going to give you a refund on the spot?

I just don't get what good thing people expect to happen when they show up uninvited at someone's house.... especially someone who is crazy.

#17085 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Given what a space case he is, I bet it wouldn't be too difficult to stroke his ego a bit and get him to come to a show.

#17086 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Break in and get shot?
Do you think Jpiss has $10,000 in his pocket and is going to give you a refund on the spot?
I just don't get what good thing people expect to happen when they show up uninvited at someone's house.... especially someone who is crazy.

I get the sense that John is the type of person who will casually fuck you for a million bucks, and doesn't see the wrong in that, but recoils in shock at any sort of physical violence. He seems like the type.

#17087 4 years ago

Pitchforks.jpg

#17088 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Break in and get shot?

Grow up and stop the childish name calling.looking back at this thread the mods said that a while back too

#17089 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What? John is Working 14/7 to get things done

I believe its 20 hours a day, if you watch this video. I know he is not spending his time answering my phone calls.

#17090 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Break in and get shot?

If not pursuing legal action, then John is still putting up the fake image that he is working on games and has said open invite to any buyer to come see progress.

I would show up with LOTS of close friends (friends would be interested in AiW) and ask to see the progress on my game. I would be genuine and real with the hope that he would let me into the shop for a tour. I assume he is so in love with himself that he would actually let us in. After I get let in then the conversation would changes to me wanting out and wanting my money now. I would have ample video rolling and police on speed dial in case he tries to start any crazy. Jpop still has PLENTY of money at this point. He also has LOTS of physical assets that can easily be used to keep an individual buyer happy and appease them to leave the shop.

#17091 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

I believe its 20 hours a day, if you watch this video. I know he is not spending his time answering my phone calls.
» YouTube video

He is certifiable.....

#17092 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

» YouTube video

"Just behind camera where you can't see it..." Maybe thats where everyones money is too. What an ass.

#17093 4 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Maybe some people will behave like adults?

And may I ask just what are you inferring by that comment? Seriously, I'd like to know, Hawksfan.

#17094 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would show up with LOTS of close friends

He is probably not going to let a mob of people into the shop.

Quoted from Whysnow:

After I get let in then the conversation would changes to me wanting out and wanting my money now.

He's not going to have $10,000 in his pocket. He has already stated that he is broke. I assume he will stick with that story.

Quoted from Whysnow:

He also has LOTS of physical assets that can easily be used to keep an individual buyer happy and appease them to leave the shop.

You will be arrested for a Class 2 Felony when you try to leave the premises with $10,000 worth of goods, even if Jplop owns you $1,000,000.

You don't get to just go in and steal stuff.

#17095 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He is probably not going to let a mob of people into the shop.

He's not going to have $10,000 in his pocket. He has already stated that he is broke. I assume he will stick with that story.

You will be arrested for a Class 2 Felony when you try to leave the premises with $10,000 worth of goods, even if Jplop owns you $1,000,000.
You don't get to just go in and steal stuff.

See: O.J. Simpson

#17096 4 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

And may I ask just what are you inferring by that comment? Seriously, I'd like to know, Hawksfan.

Simple, adults generally refrain from name calling and threats of violence and work through the system.

#17097 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Why don't you ask "Moonbeam?" I'm sure he has a solution.

What does this even mean?

#17098 4 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Grow up and stop the childish name calling.looking back at this thread the mods said that a while back too

JPop? Is that you?

#17099 4 years ago

I still like the idea of a dunk tank at Expo where he could raise some refund money.

How does Popadunk sound?

Dunk_the_Jpop.jpg

#17100 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

» YouTube video

You know, answering calls detracts from the creative

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside