(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 491.
#16801 8 years ago

Everyone of you will own another JJP game.
He'll announce Pat's game and you all will be asking him to take your money!

#16802 8 years ago

where is that "business for dummies" picture?

Back to things JPOP, anybody file FTC yet?

#16803 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

where is that "business for dummies" picture?
Back to things JPOP, anybody file FTC yet?

I would like to do this if anyone can provide any info on how it's done? I would like to get everyone who got screwed by JPOP to take more steps to get things filed,reported and get the proper authorities involved. The more info we provide here the easier it is for more people to jump in.

#16805 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

My punishment from Jack for reposting a post that was already on this thread was that I was promptly kicked off of the JJP forum. My account and login are no longer valid as of the day of my above post (repost).
Hey jack I'm Not the one who pulled that info here from your site, I am (was) a customer of yours. I waited for a long time for my WOZ and then went thru issues with the game when I got it, but was always a strong supporter of you. To me you have shown your true colors by banning me from your site for a post that was made HERE and that I was simply reposting/quoting. I have cancelled my Hobbit order and won't be buying a game from you now or ever again! On a side note if you don't want poorly thought out posts you have made to be reposted elsewhere... then don't post poorly thought out stuff on the internet!

The best marketing move JJP could make is to take away Jack's keyboard.

#16806 8 years ago

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, right?

Jack voiced his opinion, lots of Pinsiders didn't care for it. Sure, Jack is entitled to his opinion, but you know what they say about opinions, right? How they're very similar to buttholes? (If you don't know the joke, "opinions are like a**holes: everyone has one and they all stink")

So it's perfectly understandable that people are gonna be pissed about what he said. But the venomous anger directed towards JJP the last dozen or so pages really needs to be redirected back towards the guy who started all this mess - JPOP. Because no matter how bad Jack's blog post made you feel, HE'S NOT THE GUY THAT STOLE YOUR MONEY. Unless Hobbit never ships, but that's a whole 'nother 15k post thread.

#16807 8 years ago

Agreed- Jpop is the issue!

#16808 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

HE'S NOT THE GUY THAT STOLE YOUR MONEY.

He's the guy who defended jpop and blamed pinsiders. He called down the thunder, now he's got it. ..

#16809 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

He's the guy who defended jpop and blamed pinsiders. He called down the thunder, now he's got it. ..

"Internet crap". That's all that it is. Just ASCII characters on a screen. It seems way too easy to get into drama,bickering,old-man grumpiness on this forum. If I were Jack, I really wouldn't sweat it. For any one sale he's lost over some ASCII characters on a website, there's probably someone else that doesn't frequent Pinside that will scoop up that sale. And then Kermit will sip his tea.

#16810 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Like I said, it's all his opinion. It's not a great opinion, in my opinion, but that's all it is! So far, he hasn't stole anybody's money. He just hurt some feelings. And that's not cool, but I'd much rather have hurt feelings than a hurt wallet.

#16811 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

It seems way too easy to get into drama,bickering,old-man grumpiness on this forum.

Heh~ Ya think?

#16812 8 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I would like to do this if anyone can provide any info on how it's done? I would like to get everyone who got screwed by JPOP to take more steps to get things filed,reported and get the proper authorities involved. The more info we provide here the easier it is for more people to jump in.

I filed a complaint about a month ago, but never heard anything back. You can use this link and follow the steps. I choose Scams and Ripoffs-Other: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

They will want the business contact info. When I ordered a machine was:

John A. Popadiuk, Jr.
39 Sangra Court
Streamwood, IL 60107

He has since changed phone numbers and email addresses, but the most current seems to be: http://www.pinballinventor.org/
[email protected]

It only took about 5 minutes from what I recall, and maybe if they get enough of them they'll do some checking into it.

#16813 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Like I said, it's all his opinion. It's not a great opinion, in my opinion, but that's all it is! So far, he hasn't stole anybody's money. He just hurt some feelings. And that's not cool, but I'd much rather have hurt feelings than a hurt wallet.

Your post makes no sense...

You defend Jack's asinine comments about Jpop and the folks that 'invested' in him as "just opinion"
However, you're somehow upset at everyone's criticism on Jack. Isn't that just people expressing THEIR opinion?

Why is one OK but not the other?

But even your simplistic defense fails because, as the president of a company, you don't just share your ramdom "opinions" without expecting it having some consequence.... Especially when it touches flashpoint topics on things like prepaying for pinball and losing your investment.... Certainly an "opinion" that carries some extra weight since he himself is sitting on millions of prepay money and is a year late delivering....

Jack needs to STFU and ship every machine he's been paid for, fix every defective machine that he's shipped and THEN he can wax philosophic on the trials and tribulations of others. That's MY opinion.

#16814 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

"Internet crap". That's all that it is. Just ASCII characters on a screen.

It is a hell of a lot more than "internet crap" or just ASCII characters on a screen. What a freaking joke. I wonder if you even believe what you just wrote?

This was the owner of a pinball company, who is sitting on tens of thousands of dollars worth of pre-pay money, giving his opinions on another pinball venture where tens of thousands of dollars were in their hands as well. And one of the opinions stated was that all who invested money in this (failed) company got what they paid for.

Did he say those things or not? Just because he posted them in writing on the internet somehow means it doesn't matter? Really?

#16815 8 years ago

Hey, thanks for dissing my "simplistic" response, lowepg, but perhaps you're too busy huffing and puffing to get my point: THIS ISNT THE THREAD TO COMPLAIN ABOUT JJP. If any lawyers DO end up sifting through this pile of crap, it's going to be even harder to find the important parts as it is.

I'm not defending Jack's opinion, but he's certainly right about one thing: this is pinball. Instead of joining forces to make our hobby better than ever, we're sitting here bickering with our fellow pinheads.

#16816 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It is a hell of a lot more than "internet crap" or just ASCII characters on a screen. What a freaking joke. I wonder if you even believe what you just wrote?
This was the owner of a pinball company, who is sitting on tens of thousands of dollars worth of pre-pay money, giving his opinions on another pinball venture where tens of thousands of dollars were in their hands as well. And one of the opinions stated was that all who invested money in this (failed) company got what they paid for.
Did he say those things or not? Just because he posted them in writing on the internet somehow means it doesn't matter? Really?

Did Jack's OPINION take any money out of your wallet?

#16817 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Not yet.....

#16818 8 years ago

Well then, pitchforks at the ready!

#16819 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Hey, thanks for dissing my "simplistic" response, lowepg, but perhaps you're too busy huffing and puffing to get my point: THIS ISNT THE THREAD TO COMPLAIN ABOUT JJP. y

and yet..lol... your last 4 posts in as many hours have been about Jack/JJP.

I'm not sure why your confused about the topics intermingling, though:
Jack posted a inflammatory/idiotic message ABOUT Jpop!

Discussing it here would seem to follow the mods intent to keep "all things Jpop" in one place.

#16820 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

and yet..lol... your last 4 posts in as many hours have been about Jack/JJP.
I'm not sure why your confused about the topics intermingling, though:
Jack posted a inflammatory/idiotic message ABOUT Jpop!
Discussing it here would seem to follow the mods intent to keep "all things Jpop" in one place.

You suffer from hardheaded-ness.

As Geddy Lee once sang, "if you choose not to decide / you still have made a choice"

#16821 8 years ago

:btw Nothing I love better than some backseat moderation

#16822 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Did Jack's OPINION take any money out of your wallet?</blockquot

quite the opposite actually, it made me put my wallet back in my pocket. his OPINION greatly dictated where i will put my pinball money in the future. that's a FACT jack.

#16823 8 years ago

And I'm gonna have to agree with the person who said

Quoted from TaTa:

#16824 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Hey, thanks for dissing my "simplistic" response, lowepg, but perhaps you're too busy huffing and puffing to get my point: THIS ISNT THE THREAD TO COMPLAIN ABOUT JJP. If any lawyers DO end up sifting through this pile of crap, it's going to be even harder to find the important parts as it is.
I'm not defending Jack's opinion, but he's certainly right about one thing: this is pinball. Instead of joining forces to make our hobby better than ever, we're sitting here bickering with our fellow pinheads.

Quoted from Cornelius:

Quoted from Cornelius:

Well then, pitchforks at the ready!

Quoted from Cornelius:

As Geddy Lee once sang, "if you choose not to decide / you still have made a choice"

Quoted from Cornelius:

:btw Nothing I love better than some backseat moderation

#16825 8 years ago

Hey thanks for spending the time time to quote me multiple times and that scathing emoticon dis at the end!

Boy, the groupthink seems to be a LITTLE strong with this one.

#16826 8 years ago

Theres nothing to see here folks, just move along.

#16827 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

ok Ill play "be cool or be cast out"

#16828 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

How else would he pay to have the Hobbit made? JJP seems to thrive on the robbing of Peter to pay Paul business model.

#16829 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Actually, no. I was very interested in a Hobbit once it was released and I saw how the final product turned out. I also lost my money with Jpop. Now that I see that Jack's views are I got what I paid for then I won't support him or his company.

#16830 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

And you would very likely be wrong just like the other person. Pat did some great pins. But looking at all the Stern pins he did, not a killer title in the bunch IMO.

#16831 8 years ago

I'm not here to beef with fellow pinball enthusiasts. I've learned a lot about the players and the games and the industry during the few months I've been on here.

But people are spinning their wheels now, and this whole lynch mob mentality is getting out of hand.

IMHFO.

And I'm not sure it's necessary to have everyone come down on hard on me for voicing my opinion. I didn't take your money and run.

#16832 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

And you would very likely be wrong just like the other person. Pat did some great pins. But looking at all the Stern pins he did, not a killer title in the bunch IMO.

Not even Family Guy? I hate the license but love the game...

#16833 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Honestly, I think the playfield design was boring. The software and the humor were great. Once the novelty of the comedy wore off I found myself with a pin that has boring shots. Opinions obviously do vary =)

#16834 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

In all fairness I really liked the RBION layout. I think that was his best at Stern. The software was not good though.

#16835 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Apparently it took money out of Jack's wallet.

#16836 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

This is what happens when your handcuffed by Stern. JJP is doing something that Pat himself said he never had before, total creative freedom.

#16837 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Instead of joining forces to make our hobby better than ever, we're sitting here bickering with our fellow pinheads.

I'm trying to make sense of this statement. What is your proposal for "joining forces" and what does it have to do with solving the issue of John squandering millions from hobbyists & Jack's victim-blaming/villain-empathy?

#16838 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I'm not here to beef with fellow pinball enthusiasts. I've learned a lot about the players and the games and the industry during the few months I've been on here.
But people are spinning their wheels now, and this whole lynch mob mentality is getting out of hand.
IMHFO.
And I'm not sure it's necessary to have everyone come down on hard on me for voicing my opinion. I didn't take your money and run.

OK, so you've been here for a few months....can you put yourself in the shoes of others and understand that they had their money tied up in a project for years and then had the rug pulled out from under them? ...and then Jack rubs salt in the wound by saying they got what they paid for? John Popadiuk deserves every bit of the lynch mob mentality...he stole from people and continues to act as though he can make a game. This is THE lynch mob thread....and will continue to be until there is justice.

#16839 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

This is what happens when your handcuffed by Stern. JJP is doing something that Pat himself said he never had before, total creative freedom.

Hope it's nothing like JPop's 'total creative freedom'..

#16840 8 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Yeah, too bad Derek Smart wasn't in on any of Jpop's games!
For those who don't know, Derek Smart is the guy blowing the lid off of what may be the biggest video gaming and crowdfunding scandal in history (Star Citizen PC game). I read through his blogs last night and there are a lot of similarities with what Jpop has done, just at a much higher level (83 million dollars and almost 1 million backers).

Completely different situation. The CS devs update constantly, the amount of behind the scenes content they put out is staggering. There's a game you can play, right now. It is not buried in secrets and lies, they are VERY open about all of their developments, and inevitable setbacks and delays. They are smartly building it in modules so as to not bog down the whole project with all the features all at once. Unlike Jpop, the game exists in an early partial (yet enjoyable) form, you can download it, run it, play it with friends.

Try that with your Jpop game!

#16841 8 years ago

I have complete sympathy for everyone who lost money in this snafu. Not only that, but I don't even AGREE with half the shit the guy said in his blog post, ESPECIALLY the "you got what you paid for" part. But, for the millionth time, it's merely his opinion! And if people don't want to buy a JJP pin because of it, then more power to them!

I just don't think that will happen. People were willing to put down money sight unseen on JPOPs stuff, because they love the hobby. When JJP unveils their next title, everyone will be collectively oohing-and-ahhhhhing and putting down preorders.

Well, maybe not EVERYONE. Plenty of people are understandably weary.

And what did I mean by "join forces"? I dunno, myself. I was speaking passionately and I got over my head.

#16842 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I have complete sympathy for everyone who lost money in this snafu. Not only that, but I don't even AGREE with half the shit the guy said in his blog post, ESPECIALLY the "you got what you paid for" part. But, for the millionth time, it's merely his opinion!

Well...no it's not "just" an opinion. He's holding money in the same manner that Jpop did. If you can't see the issue in how that's more than a simple expression of opinion, you're not standing on level ground.

#16843 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Let's see what Pat does when "budget" isn't the issue.

#16844 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

if people don't want to buy a JJP pin because of it, then more power to them!

When JJP unveils their next title, everyone will be collectively oohing-and-ahhhhhing and putting down preorders.

Dude... seriously... enough with all the JJP posts... someone told me this was a jpop thread!

#16845 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's see what Pat does when "budget" isn't the issue.

Agreed.... fewer budget constraints *AND* not being hamstrung by constantly having to cow-tow to a licensor.

Seems like he's literally got:
a blank canvas
a kickass new platform to stretch
a blank check (well, within reason).

pretty damn exciting!

#16846 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

But, for the millionth time, it's merely his opinion! And if people don't want to buy a JJP pin because of it, then more power to them!
I just don't think that will happen. People were willing to put down money sight unseen on JPOPs stuff, because they love the hobby. When JJP unveils their next title, everyone will be collectively oohing-and-ahhhhhing and putting down preorders.
Well, maybe not EVERYONE. Plenty of people are understandably weary.
And what did I mean by "join forces"? I dunno, myself. I was speaking passionately and I got over my head.

I agree with this, pinheads are very "fickle".

If its a great pinball machine and a theme that we want, most people will buy it. A few won't out of principle but it won't matter in the grand scheme of things.

#16847 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

A lot has happened in the last few years. The reason people were willing to put down so much money on Jpop's stuff was that we were in the era of Big Bang Bar, Medieval Madness, Tron LE, and AC/DC BIBLE going up up up up up up in value. Some pinball collectors' mentality was "$16k for a Jpop game!? Sign me up, it'll be worth $50k in a few years!" Those days are long gone. People are a much more guarded and fickle...and willing to wait before paying. Buying blind with the guarantee of value increase is over. I love Pat Lawlor, but I'm in no rush to spend $8k+ on his new game...Jack's recent comments and the lack of Hobbit shipping aren't helping.

#16848 8 years ago

And we are off the rails....

#16849 8 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

And we are off the rails....

This was off the rails when John asked people to pay for a game called "Magic Girl" that didn't even remotely exist.

#16850 8 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Well...no it's not "just" an opinion. He's holding money in the same manner that Jpop did. If you can't see the issue in how that's more than a simple expression of opinion, you're not standing on level ground.

The difference is, JJP has shipped a game. JPOP has not.

I understand people are frustrated that The Hobbit isnt out yet. But it's not the same thing at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/337 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.