(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 486.
#16651 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

How much are the pins and how do I buy one?

If that's the case then he intentionally gives a answer/no answer. He's trying to sell the guy without overtly saying anything concrete. Very, very despicable and clearly shows intent. Some were guessing he was starting up the blog activity as some legal defense. I'm not so sure in light of his phishing for buyers. I think his intent maybe more nefarious than that.

#16652 4 years ago

The real takeaway isn't what he said, but the fact he'll respond to new buyers while ignoring old buyers.

#16653 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The real takeaway isn't what he said, but the fact he'll respond to new buyers while ignoring old buyers.

I think it's kind of both, honestly....

#16655 4 years ago

This is posted as a courtesy to another pinsider

---------------------------

So I created a fake email and I got a slightly different response. I'd
post it, but I think he knows my pinside ID. Can you repost it for me?

My email: "I like the photos I'm seeing of this project. When is the
release date expected, and how do I go about ordering?"

His response: "Yes we are past the concept stage at this point, so we now
move to continuing building on the real playfield and game and progress
with programming, animations and software. But estimate at least 6 months
until we get to the next milestone. it's all detailed and takes a lot
longer, like a custom chopper"

#16656 4 years ago

Just a couple of sales (sails) before that next cruise.....

newboat.jpg

#16657 4 years ago

it's all detailed and takes a lot

pic321402.jpg

#16658 4 years ago

Make sure the lawyer gets a copy of these emails.

#16659 4 years ago

it's all detailed and takes a lot
longer, like a custom chopper

Like a custom chopper...except those usually take less than 6 months...and the don't feel the need to reinvent the wheel each time (or patent every little aspect).

#16660 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

It is definitely a song that screams MB. The game has five other MBs, plus that first one can be earned multiple times, so I really need to find some other great songs that have that energy. I also like having versions that are instrumental only when possible.

Well, if you really want a game about my family in your game room, sure, you can pre-order

I need a custom LE version. My dog's name is not Lisa but Molly (Yellow Lab Retriever).

#16661 4 years ago

This is posted as a courtesy to another pinsider
---------------------------
So I created a fake email and I got a slightly different response. I'd
post it, but I think he knows my pinside ID. Can you repost it for me?
My email: "I like the photos I'm seeing of this project. When is the
release date expected, and how do I go about ordering?"

...and what about the other 2 games you sold to ~150 people, you --removed--??!?!?! (John, not Bmore)

#16662 4 years ago

Email I received:
------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the email. We started as a custom shop (low runs) and taking from my original works from the 90s and moving forward with new ideas, custom features and great hand drawn artwork. So the base price is about 9.5k and up and we setup a pre-order basis. It all takes a lot of time.
John Popadiuk

Sounds like he carefully (vaguely) crated that email.

No mention of MG or other titles he said "werent happening"

I could see this is as strategy... Screw the big production and try to build 2-3 totally custom pins/month.

He may have heard JUST enough positive feedback to feel he could dribble out that many to stay afloat. All this extra attention of the artwork and design may have unwittingly HELPED his new cause...

#16664 4 years ago

Another example of a flipping prototype!

Archer pinball.

Nice shot layout.

http://funwithbonus.com/archer-pinball-machine/

#16665 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Archer pinball.
Nice shot layout.

Agreed. Nice use of the top flippers.

#16666 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Archer pinball.
Nice shot layout.

Holy shyt, I want.

#16667 4 years ago

This is wrong on so many levels its really hard to wrap your mind around it.

For most of us, that act the right way, with character and integrity, its quite shocking to see such a shameless person and what appears to be continuous fraudulent activity.

#16668 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is wrong on so many levels its really hard to wrap your mind around it.
For most of us, that act the right way, with character and integrity, its quite shocking to see such a shameless person and what appears to be continuous fraudulent activity.

You'll notice assembling/manufacturing is never mentioned.
Guess it's not an important milestone.

#16669 4 years ago

What manufacturing? The loon says its like a custom chopper. Does that mean he is only making one of each?

Custom choppers don't go through an assembly line.

#16670 4 years ago

If you want this B.S. to stop, get JP in front of a judge and let him spew his line of #*@%! in court. You could sell tickets to that.
I am sure Judge Judy would him on her show.

#16671 4 years ago

The key, at this point, is to get three vendors to sue him into bankruptcy. Forcing him out is the only way, otherwise he's just going to keep pulling this nonsense and ripping people off.

He could start again with a new company but that'll be a lot harder for him.

#16672 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The key, at this point, is to get three vendors to sue him into bankruptcy. Forcing him out is the only way, otherwise he's just going to keep pulling this nonsense

It doesn't necessarily need to be 3 "vendors". He's admitted inability to produce/deliver and has not refunded, so with proper documentation, a pre-buyer could easily be considered a creditor by the bankruptcy court. So possibly 3 buyers could get this done.

#16673 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Holy shyt, I want.

Same here. That things is badice. Also, I consider Archer to be possibly the most underrated show of all time.

#16674 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

If you want this B.S. to stop, get JP in front of a judge and let him spew his line of #*@%! in court. You could sell tickets to that.
I am sure Judge Judy would him on her show.

I still say he needs his ass beat into the ground. See ya in 24 hours.

#16675 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I still say he needs his ass beat into the ground. See ya in 24 hours.

Vintage Brokenvette!

#16676 4 years ago

I emailed JPop last night and got a response this morning.

image.jpg

#16677 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

image.jpg

More vague/odd wording.

"The zombie games went out at $9995". Went out? They never went anywhere. Makes it sound like they've been shipping.

But is that price a quote to sell one, or is he just rambling about the past.

The part "more like pinball art" is dead accurate!

#16678 4 years ago

Is it just AIW he's pretending to build? Is that because he only admitted he's broke and incapable of building the other two, but AIW will be just fine? How bizarre, or is that bizaar? He's the ponzi pinball man.

#16679 4 years ago

"We have a new team and a lot of new ideas"

#16680 4 years ago

"a new team"

????

#16681 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

image.jpg

Proof of lies and swindling. Send that letter to the lawyers. Let the judge ask for the list of people who those $9995 "games" were shipped to.

#16682 4 years ago

He should rename the machine Malice in Wonderland.

#16683 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Vintage Brokenvette!

Your right but this guy has gone waaaaaaay past " I messed up and I can't deliver to I'm not going to produce a damn thing but I'm going to troll as many suckers on the web as I can and take their money". He is a criminal and needs to go to jail but even if he goes to jail no one will get their money back. He needs a " CODE RED".

#16684 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd extend that offer as well. If anyone has $250k and wants the pin of their dreams, PM me. I'll take a year sabbatical from work and do it for you.

Futurama I have 50k find 5 more

#16685 4 years ago

I would also like a custom drive in theme pinball but could use CFTBL as a template but use my drive in called Central Drive In Theatre located in Norton Va. I like the naked chick I saw on a few CFTBL too.

Thanks
Buddy

#16686 4 years ago

This update thread doesn't have much meaning at this point, if the argument is all about whether ZIdware is out of business, or is John still working on games. Everyone can place odds on bankruptcy, another angel investor, or what decade John might ship a game - but why go any further?

I'm going to get downposted before you even read the next sentence. But I don't see any grounds for a case, nor grounds for granting bankruptcy. Unless 3 creditors, who have firm terms in invoices that have been violated, that can be taken to a judge, or unless 3 pre-order buyers have invoice/purchase agreements that has terms that were broken, where's the claim?

The Judge Judy script doesn't look good for buyers:
Was there a contract? Yes.
Was there a deadline to perform on the contract? Yes
Could the deadline be moved? Yes
So a deadline was missed, and moved, but there was no explicit performance penalty? correct
So you are disappointed its taking longer than you want, but there was no agreement on timing... doesn't make it a crime

Is the product being worked on? Yes, well, it appears to be, but we haven't seen a fully completed one, just some partially done "Master prototype" and none shipped.
A simple yes or no please, is the product being designed and worked on? Yes
But you say your case is that there is fraud, b/c there is no product completed and deadlines were missed? Yes
Yet, you say there is a product, just not finished nor when you wanted it? Yes
Your opinion is that it will never be finished and delivered to you? Yes
Yet you saw something that was played, but obvious to all not done, but more finished than anything up to that point? Yes
Regardless of your satisfaction with how complete it is, Can you prove it will never be delivered? well, it hasn't been, he's been playing arts and crafts, with pictures, but no playable game.

Can you prove it will never be delivered? Well, this guy with a lot of money, paid to get it to a show, paid some overdue bills to get some parts put on the game before the show - but the game wasn't done, some stuff was missing, etc.
The game isn't what you consider finished, but they claim its still being designed and worked on? Yes
Was the product described with a list of features, that would be defined as finish and deliverable? No

So, your claim is based on confusion of what "completed" and "finished" means? Yes
But you say features, completed, or finished were not defined in the written contract or purchase agreement?, nor were the deadline dates firmly committed, with penalties of non-performance? No... well there were dates
Were those dates estimates, or performance dates with some defined features or penalties to fail to deliver? Not sure.

My reading of the documents, is date estimates were given for a "game" that had undefined, non-listed features - so the vague terms are just that... vague. I see no facts supporting fraud of there being no product, or not delivered as agreed, but a work in progress with some poorly defined attributes, deliverables and dates.

My judgment therefore, is that you agreed to buy a game, that would be designed and shipped to you at some point, but on terms that are so vague, that no terms have been violated - case dismissed.

I suggest in the future, you agree to better contract terms, with performance penalties on due dates missed, and clearly define "completed","finished", "due dates", consequences of missed due dates.

#16687 4 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Futurama I have 50k find 5 more

which one of you would keep the game?

#16688 4 years ago

".....just been very challenging to make pinball at this high level of creativity"

John Popadiuk; The comedy gift that keeps on giving.

#16689 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

This update thread doesn't have much meaning at this point, if the argument is all about whether ZIdware is out of business, or is John still working on games. Everyone can place odds on bankruptcy, another angel investor, or what decade John might ship a game - but why go any further?

Of course this thread has meaning! As long as this scammer has people's money, as long as those people don't have a game....as long as John REFUSES to talk to his "customers" unless they're potential new suckers to scam money from - this thread has a point. Until there is justice for those who have been screwed, this thread will go further.

#16690 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

"a new team"
????

a new legal team, that is.

#16691 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm going to get downposted before you even read the next sentence. But I don't see any grounds for a case, nor grounds for granting bankruptcy. Unless 3 creditors, who have firm terms in invoices that have been violated, that can be taken to a judge, or unless 3 pre-order buyers have invoice/purchase agreements that has terms that were broken, where's the claim?
So a deadline was missed, and moved, but there was no explicit performance penalty? correct
So you are disappointed its taking longer than you want, but there was no agreement on timing... doesn't make it a crime
Is the product being worked on? Yes, well, it appears to be, but we haven't seen a fully completed one, just some partially done "Master prototype" and none shipped.
A simple yes or no please, is the product being designed and worked on? Yes
But you say your case is that there is fraud, b/c there is no product completed and deadlines were missed? Yes
Yet, you say there is a product, just not finished nor when you wanted it? Yes
Your opinion is that it will never be finished and delivered to you? Yes
Yet you saw something that was played, but obvious to all not done, but more finished than anything up to that point? Yes
Regardless of your satisfaction with how complete it is, Can you prove it will never be delivered? well, it hasn't been, he's been playing arts and crafts, with pictures, but no playable game.
Can you prove it will never be delivered? Well, this guy with a lot of money, paid to get it to a show, paid some overdue bills to get some parts put on the game before the show - but the game wasn't done, some stuff was missing, etc.
The game isn't what you consider finished, but they claim its still being designed and worked on? Yes
Was the product described with a list of features, that would be defined as finish and deliverable? No
So, your claim is based on confusion of what "completed" and "finished" means? Yes
But you say features, completed, or finished were not defined in the written contract or purchase agreement?, nor were the deadline dates firmly committed, with penalties of non-performance? No... well there were dates
Were those dates estimates, or performance dates with some defined features or penalties to fail to deliver? Not sure.
My reading of the documents, is date estimates were given for a "game" that had undefined, non-listed features - so the vague terms are just that... vague. I see no facts supporting fraud of there being no product, or not delivered as agreed, but a work in progress with some poorly defined attributes, deliverables and dates.
My judgment therefore, is that you agreed to buy a game, that would be designed and shipped to you at some point, but on terms that are so vague, that no terms have been violated - case dismissed.
I suggest in the future, you agree to better contract terms, with performance penalties on due dates missed, and clearly define "completed","finished", "due dates", consequences of missed due dates.

The breach of contract is the 90 days 75% refund.

#16692 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Of course this thread has meaning! As long as this scammer has people's money, as long as those people don't have a game....as long as John REFUSES to talk to his "customers" unless they're potential new suckers to scam money from - this thread has a point. Until there is justice for those who have been screwed, this thread will go further.

You're right - it does have meaning. But if a "potential new" doesn't see the warnings before post #16689, no new posts are going to make the difference.

Greg - are there terms that were violated? if so, which ones determine it was a scam and people are screwed.
I get all the frustration, and opinions on the game ever getting done, what will a final game have on it, when, etc. - but that's the point - nothing is defined, "criminal", "scam", "screwed" - I get the emotions. I agree its poor judgment to not talk to customers or even answer any emails coming into orders@whatever.com.

#16693 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

The breach of contract is the 90 days 75% refund.

That seems pretty solid. And I would think that would be easy to win.
The fraud based on design, completeness, etc. would be impossible to argue, as the agreement was worded. Too vague.

Seems simple - if days and terms were violated, judgment for refunds. Refunds can't all be made. File bankruptcy.

#16694 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Once a deadline was missed, per FTC rules, Zidware would have to get EXPLICIT approval from his customers stating that they are ok with the delay. Otherwise, a refund MUST occur.

Zidware was obligated, per FTC rules, to contact each and every customer via email, phone or registered mail and notify each customer of the delay. Failing successful notification or a decision by the customer not to agree to the delay, Zidware is required by law to return all payments to customers that did not agree to the delay.

The contract does not require an explicit performance penalty. FTC rules and regulations already provide one.

If this goes to court, I'm confident the FTC would be very interested in the business dealings of Zidware.

Marcus

#16695 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Once a deadline was missed, per FTC rules, Zidware would have to get EXPLICIT approval from his customers stating that they are ok with the delay. Otherwise, a refund MUST occur.
Zidware was obligated, per FTC rules, to contact each and every customer via email, phone or registered mail and notify each customer of the delay. Failing successful notification or a decision by the customer not to agree to the delay, Zidware is required by law to return all payments to customers that did not agree to the delay.
The contract does not require an explicit performance penalty. FTC rules and regulations already provide one.
If this goes to court, I'm confident the FTC would be very interested in the business dealings of Zidware.
Marcus

This is right on, and given PDX post of the 90days, the facts are clear and easy to understand judgments against Zidware. I doubt the fraud argument flies. If the current cook county case fails, the Illinois (or others) state's attorney general and/or the FTC being willing to file a case, would seem to be a certain ruling in favor of buyers.

#16696 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

You're right - it does have meaning. But if a "potential new" doesn't see the warnings before post #16689, no new posts are going to make the difference.
Greg - are there terms that were violated? if so, which ones determine it was a scam and people are screwed.
I get all the frustration, and opinions on the game ever getting done, what will a final game have on it, when, etc. - but that's the point - nothing is defined, "criminal", "scam", "screwed" - I get the emotions. I agree its poor judgment to not talk to customers or even answer any emails coming into orders@whatever.com.

He took money for games. Hasn't built games. ADMITTED he couldn't build the games.
Current customers: SCREWED.

Now shows that he's working on other games while talking to potential new customers.
SCAM.

Seems open and shut to me. He's a criminal. He's stolen from people. He's actively trying to steal from new people.

#16697 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Care to cite these FTC rules for reference?

#16698 4 years ago

Has Illinois attorney general started anything yet?

#16699 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

"a new team"

????

Why yes of course, haven't you met them yet?
zidware_team.jpg

#16700 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pinball school is in session!

rz_playfield_full.png

We need a best post ever award for this. I hope Ben can analyse the cabinet as well. This post was priceless

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Olathe, KS
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside