(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 487.
#16501 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think this statement is true:
"Never INTENDED to screw people" ... 4 years ago when he started.
At some point though.....

its_not_how_you_start_its_how_you_finish.jpg

#16502 4 years ago

holy-triple-post-batman!

#16503 4 years ago

holy-triple-post-batman!

gawd I hope they fix this...

#16504 4 years ago

John constantly talking about "how we did things at WMS" reminds me a guy in a dead-end job at his 20 year reunion bragging about how good he was on the highschool football team.

#16505 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

John constantly talking about "how we did things at WMS" reminds me a guy in a dead-end job at his 20 year reunion bragging about how good he was on the highschool football team.

Sadly, it appears it's all he has...

#16506 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

BundyAl.jpg

#16507 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Uncle_Rico.jpg

#16508 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

There must be dozens of people from the Chicago area who live within driving distance. Are you guys from Chicago so placid and scared to confront John

I know you are asking sarcastically, but let me go ahead and say that just about everyone local to him that knows him does not care to see him for any reason.

#16509 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

He's going to piss away every last nickel waiting for his White Knight to come. Though any *smart* White Knight would invest in a company worth saving, like JJP.

Oh crap, you had to go there Ben?! Now the obvious follow up question is: does JJP *need* saving?

#16510 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

holy-triple-post-batman!
gawd I hope they fix this...

I know it is broken, but if you click "Send Post" only one time, it will post... even if it looks like it has not. Click once, save a server.

#16511 4 years ago
Quoted from RomstarArkanoid:

I know it is broken, but if you click "Send Post" only one time, it will post... even if it looks like it has not. Click once, save a server.

yes, yes... I know.... itchy trigger finger.

One nice fix would be the ability to DELETE your own thread... perhaps on a 5 minute timer or something... I'll bet that would get used.... I know it does on other forums.

#16512 4 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Uncle_Rico.jpg

"How much you wanna make a bet I can use magnets to throw a pinball over them mountains?"

#16513 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

This has got quite bizarre. Jpop doesn't reply to emails, closes most of his online presence, disconnects his phone, no longer goes to shows, and yet continues an AIW blog to pretend work is continuing. This will, quite rightly, make people very angry, because he's now, rather obviously, behaving like a fraudster.

This is why it astounds me that so many people try equate Jack and Jpop... Jack is a consistent communicator, gives refunds, and has already delivered 10x more pins than JPop intended to deliver in total. Whether he speaks out of turn or not has little to do with those facts.

#16514 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

think it is actually time for some owners to make a visit to his shop.....If they were investors then he has an obligation to do what is in the best interest of the company which would be to work on nothing but game #1 till it is shipped.

That is exactly one thing that needs to be done. Enter the shop and demand some answers. Many of us are more than 10 hours away from him though, keeps the masses at bay I suppose. There sure are a good number of investors within distance that might use a little "persuader" to get the point across.

#16515 4 years ago

Expo is only a few months away. Perhaps we can organize an involuntary tour.

#16516 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Expo is only a few months away. Perhaps we can organize an involuntary tour.

Oh Christ that would be funny. Send a Party Bus load of drunken pinsiders to tour the factory.

#16517 4 years ago

But do it by email so Popaduik will just have to avoid his shop for the whole of Expo.

#16518 4 years ago

He's been spending time updating his site

http://pinballinventor.org/index.html

Capture.JPG

There's a peculiar "Distributors" link there (not linked yet). WTF?

and "Brochures".

He's up to something... under who's advice and guidance?

Certainly not for any of the customer's best interests, because he doesn't talk to us.

#16519 4 years ago

The problem now is, how do we stop new customers or old customers who aren't on Pinside from sending him more money?

He must be communicating with customers who are unaware he's a scammer.

#16520 4 years ago

Raza feed is linked now

http://pinballinventor.org/feed_rz.html

There are updates from this month.

I guess he prefers this to the blog where we actually got to say something back to him.

#16521 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Capture.JPG
and "Brochures".
Certainly not for any of the customer's best interests, because he doesn't talk to us.

HOLY SHIT!

#16522 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Capture.JPG
and "Brochures".

Yes, but notice the "Distributors" link does not say Coming Soon. Because it ain't.

#16523 4 years ago

RAZA playfield with no ramps posted.

rz_playfield_full.png

So just like MG... all the game needs are ramps!

All these posts stink of "Cover your ass".

#16524 4 years ago

Well... just when you thought this thread would die at a "measly" 15,000....

With Jack commenting and John now blogging.... pretty sure this baby is headed for the big TWO -OH -OH -OH -OH

#16525 4 years ago

RAZA PF

Messages_Image255026975.png

EDIT: Damn, Frolic beat me by 1 minute

#16526 4 years ago

Every day this just gets more and more bizarre.

#16527 4 years ago

What about this. Magic Girl #4 Finally Being Shipped -(at the bottom) Makes it sound completed.

http://pinballinventor.org/feed_mg.html

#16528 4 years ago

First clowns, then a Cymbal Monkey? Is John deliberating stuffing this game with things people hate?

Also notice how that monkey is on a World Cup oscillating target. "PINNOVATION" at its finest!

JPOP is the illusion of creativity.

#16529 4 years ago

I'm guessing that he still hasn't paid his outstanding invoices to his suppliers yet?

#16530 4 years ago

What a smokescreen. We know there are no contracted programmers, board suppliers, etc.... this is all some sort of legal game now because there won't be any actual pinball.

#16531 4 years ago

John's like a character in a Twilight Zone or Amazing Stories episode. How bizarre. Continuing on like everything is fine.

#16532 4 years ago

There's a bowling lane. Like the Big Labowski!

#16533 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

John's like a character in a Twilight Zone or Amazing Stories episode. How bizarre. Continuing on like everything is fine.

Seriously. The last "official" thing he had to say was the Pintasia announcement that he officially could not finish these games.

Bill posts in this thread later that he's not going to pursue it because there is no path forward. We hear nothing more from John, and then these weird updates start showing up, making no mention of Pintasia, change of plans, or anything, just acting as if everything was normal.

#16534 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

What about this. Magic Girl #4 Finally Being Shipped -(at the bottom) Makes it sound completed.
http://pinballinventor.org/feed_mg.html

That's the one they built to send to the NW show. Because the other 3 couldn't be finished as is, they had to build a 4th.

#16535 4 years ago

Zombie Adventureland... with a graphic of a Mars Attacks copyright-infringing Martian right above it. And Robbie the Robot! A smorgasbord of IP theft, with rejigs of old ideas and pinball toys.

He's taunting us now. Look what he could achieve if only he had another million. It's all rather sad, not just for him. He hasn't even paid for that PF artwork.

Ben is right. Every last penny is being spent right down to the wire. He will crash and burn with zero. He is in wonderland indeed.

This is a psychiatric case study!

#16536 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

There's a bowling lane. Like the Big Labowski!

Actually, that 'BOWL' looks almost EXACTLY like another pingame.. (CFTBL, perhaps? I'll have to look..)

#16537 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Seriously. The last "official" thing he had to say was the Pintasia announcement that he officially could not finish these games.

"Zidware no longer has the ability to get Magic Girl™ (“MG”) into production let alone Retro Atomic Zombie
Adventureland™ (“RAZA”) and Alice in Wonderland The Pinball™ (“AIW”)." - John Popadiuk

(From the letter he sent about the pintasia deal)

#16538 4 years ago

I apologize if this has been answered, addressed, whatever...

What's going on with the JPOP? Last I remember, this is how things were:

- JPOP says they can't produce games
- Pintasia comes in and says they are going to help
- Pintasia does bad things and offers 1/2 credit on MG from RAZA/AIW
- Pintasia says f-this and dips out

Flipping through this thread, it looks like AIW and RAZA are still being worked on? Is there money back for you guys who got the initial shaft? What about MG?

I do NOT want to endorse JPOP or whatever, but the playfields and pictures for AIW and RAZA both look pretty cool. But how on earth are they getting made if there was no money to refund preorders?

Again, I apologize for my ignorance to all of this, but this thread is a real roller coaster and experience. It's a bit hard to parse if you haven't been in since the beginning!

#16539 4 years ago

Essentially, Jpop is stuck at the drawing board, unable to ever progress to the manufacturing stage. He loves the drawing board, so keeps drawing new machines, seven so far. And look at the pretty lights. "If only I could live on the drawing board with my LEDs", he thinks.

What will the RAZA PF look like when the copyright-infringing parts are removed? And how will he get ZY to draw another PF? Isn't it rather distasteful for him to display artwork that he hasn't paid for? Like uploading a picture of a stolen painting to snapchat, to brag about it. He's sort of selling stolen goods. Prettily lit tables with nice artwork by other people. That's the sum of his achievement after 4 years and a million dollars. Not so much a pinball wizard as a pinball cripple.

#16540 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

RAZA playfield with no ramps posted.
rz_playfield_full.png
So just like MG... all the game needs are ramps!
All these posts stink of "Cover your ass".

What playfield is in the upper center-left, upright? It looks to be zombie-colored ('Purple', in other words), but different design?

#16541 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

What playfield is in the upper center-left, upright? It looks to be zombie-colored ('Purple', in other words), but different design?

older RAZA revision.

#16542 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

older RAZA revision.

Serious? How many effin' playfields did he have printed up? Isn't it costly to actually print a playfield? .. Wow.

#16543 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Serious? How many effin' playfields did he have printed up? Isn't it costly to actually print a playfield? .. Wow.

There's probably a scary number of playfield revisions made. For a game that is not even past the normal white wood stage.

#16544 4 years ago

While an incomplete list, seems to be that John's design philosophy is . . .

1) Take a bunch of stuff I did on my previous games and throw them on here, but tweak them every so slightly so I can claim they are new.
2) Take a bunch of cool stuff used on EM games, dress them up, and make it sound like I came up with it
3) Take every idea I had that Williams would not let me do, since the felt it was not practical or affordable, and throw it on here. Who cares what the BOM is, thats for loser companies that want to make money.
4) Throw a ton of pinks and purple colors on the playfield, make it look busy and hard on the eyes -- but call it stylish!
5) Put on slow curvy ramps, because they look cool, plus straight and fast is for loser designers who actually can finish games that can be made.
6) Throw even more plastics and toys on it wherever possible, to hide the ball from the player and slow things down, but call it stylish!
7) Put the DMD lower to the playfield where it is easy for the player to see, oh, but then put a bunch of stuff in front of it, so only if you are 6' or taller can you see it.

#16545 4 years ago

8 ) Sell people on a Zombie game, but then make an amusement park theme nobody asked for.

#16546 4 years ago

9) Send a letter to owners that states that you cannot finish Magic Girl, much less RAZA or AIW. Then a few months later, start posting progress on RAZA and AIW as if you are still working on them.

#16547 4 years ago

10) Pay yourself $7500 a month, not deliver anything, and blame Pinside for ruining it for you.

#16548 4 years ago

All these numbers ... all you need is one:

1) Be crazy

#16549 4 years ago

Maybe John is updating his blog for his customers that don't follow Pinside and who have no clue what is really happening.

Bizarre.

#16550 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

All these numbers ... all you need is one:
1) Be a criminal

I corrected that for you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside