(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 486.
#16401 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Guys, Jack apologized a little while ago. Post 6945 in The Hobbit update thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/139
From the thread above
"I'm sorry that my post was misunderstood. I'm sorry that it confused or upset anyone. l"

He "apologized" for people that misunderstood his post.... or were confused.

come on man, thats some weak-ass shit right there!

I'd love for him to help us "understand" what he meant regarding:
"the jpop investors got what they paid for"
"jpop never meant to screw people"
"jpop failed because we just didnt BELIEVE hard enough in him"

At least he's consistent.... Even his 'apology" blames the victims for not being smart enough to understand his comments.

Pretty sure he lost a few supporters with that ridiculous commentary....

#16402 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Guys, Jack apologized a little while ago. Post 6945 in The Hobbit update thread.
From the thread above
"I'm sorry that my post was misunderstood. I'm sorry that it confused or upset anyone. It was my personal opinion.
I always thank our customer base for putting us in business and I never forget that.
John is a person, with a family, that was the main point of my post.
This is Pinball"

LOL.. that's not an "apology."

"I'm sorry you didn't understand what I meant." "I'm sorry you were confused or upset."

He's not sorry he said anything. He's sorry we don't 100% agree with him.

From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-apology_apology

A non-apology apology is a statement that has the form of an apology but does not express the expected contrition. It is common in both politics and public relations. It most commonly entails the speaker saying that he or she is sorry not for a behavior, statement or misdeed, but rather is sorry only because a person who has been aggrieved is requesting the apology, expressing a grievance, or is threatening some form of retribution or retaliation.

An example of a non-apology apology would be saying "I'm sorry that you feel that way" to someone who has been offended by a statement. This apology does not admit that there was anything wrong with the remarks made, and additionally, it may be taken as insinuating that the person taking offense was excessively thin-skinned or irrational in taking offense at the remarks in the first place. Another form of non-apology is one which does not apologize directly to the person who was injured or insulted, but instead offers a generic apology "to anyone who might have been offended."[1]

Statements that use the word "sorry" but do not express responsibility for wrongdoing may be meaningful expressions of regret, but such statements can also be used to elicit forgiveness without acknowledging fault.[2]

Look, I am a fan of JJP. I'm a WOZ owner and I love the game.

What bothers me more than anything else is this annoying attitude of, "You're-either-with-us-or-you're-against-us" that a lot of people including Jack and JPop have. Like they expect people to be total sycophants or else they're haters. The reality is somewhere in the middle. We can like what they do that's good, and dislike when they make mistakes. I'm no "hater."

I consider myself more of a "realist" who isn't afraid to say when something doesn't look right. Anybody in any business that feels a need to surround themselves exclusively with people who tell their their sh*t doesn't stink can't be that good of a businessman. You have to take the good with the bad. You have to admit when you screw up.

Take responsibility for stuff, and stop calling the community a bunch of "haters" because they're stating the obvious.

Zidware is a total disaster. There's no other way around that.

JJP is a great company that has a promising future and has produced a very good product. But their public relations is pretty crappy. If I point that out, I'm not a "hater", I'm saying, Hey here's a problem that you can address if you'll stop treating everyone who is offering constructive criticism like they're an enemy who wants to dance on your grave. It's not the case.

#16403 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

image.jpg
Who is the "we" he is referring to?
His imaginary friend maybe? Sure gets lonely when you're working in a large warehouse 20 hours a day 7 days a week.
rd.

PDX used to visit, but I guess that's over. Who is left? StevenP who isn't even a customer?

#16404 4 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

^^^^^^
Above Quote from JJP's letter...
Popapuke didnt suffer at all !
he grabbed 90K Per year, while producing nothing, and fed his kids ribeye every night...
Paid all of his bills at home... car payments, taxes, victoria secret for the wife.... WTF !... til everyones money ran out..
Popapuke = Criminal !

Victoria's Secret my ass; probably Agent Provocateur.

#16405 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

One of Chris Hitchens' great pieces of advice; never trust anyone who uses the term "we" instead of "I". It shows a deep seated inability to accept responsibility for their own decision making and/or actions.

#16406 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

From the thread above
"I'm sorry that my post was misunderstood. I'm sorry that it confused or upset anyone. It was my personal opinion.
I always thank our customer base for putting us in business and I never forget that.
This is Pinball"

What about the people who bought the game?

Are they not people? Do they not have families? No, no, no...the perp does NOT get sympathy! Especially since he's NEVER apologized or done anything to make this right. F John Popadiuk. F his family. They stole from my friends and lied to them. Jack's sympathy is misplaced.

#16407 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are they not people? Do they not have families? No, no, no...the perp does NOT get sympathy! Especially since he's NEVER apologized or done anything to make this right. F John Popadiuk. F his family. They stole from my friends and lied to them. Jack's sympathy is misplaced.

The fact that Popadiuk is STILL "working" on AIW (apparently) is absolutely mother-effing outrageous! If JPOP manned up and at least apologized and admitted to effing up and wasting everyone's money then we might be talking about a different story...but the man (no, child) is acting like NOTHING HAS HAPPENED AND IT'S BUSINESS AS USUAL!!!! It's just crazy! You can't make this shit up!

#16408 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The fact that Popadiuk is STILL "working" on AIW (apparently) is absolutely mother-effing outrageous! If JPOP manned up and at least apologized and admitted to effing up and wasting everyone's money then we might be talking about a different story...but the man (no, child) is acting like NOTHING HAS HAPPENED AND IT'S BUSINESS AS USUAL!!!! It's just crazy! You can't make this shit up!

this is all window dressing for the pending shit storm, showing intent to actually manufacture something. he is showing how conniving and deceitful his character truly is. poor victim...at least he has some supporters i guess.

#16409 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's one of three things: Either he's deliberately obtuse, plain crazy, or his continuing to "make progress" on the game is a hedge in the face of legal activity, which is the most likely.

Regarding the last, Kevin (Predator) did the same. It's a safeguard against the "fraud" accusation. Kevin "claimed to be" still trying to resolve license issues and is "still trying to complete the game" in a small claims not too long ago. Showing a "good faith effort" is a strong defense against fraud.

Jesus, this thread, and now with the Jack thing... I only dabbled in the last golden age of pinball in the early 90s, but in 20 years I can definitely say "Yeah, I was there" with regard to the 2015 pinball meltdown. "Sit down, my boy. Let me tell you..."

#16410 4 years ago

#16411 4 years ago

http://jalopnik.com/guy-sells-fake-cars-online-ends-up-on-fbis-most-wanted-1716494952

if selling non-existing cars is good enough to get on the fbi's most wanted list, can selling non-existing pinball machines also get you there ?

#16412 4 years ago

As long as people are not suing John he will do what he pleases until a court liquidation happens which can take years.

#16413 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I agree mostly (other then the f his family part which come on) as the guy stole thousands of dollars from people. People should sue him in my opinion.

#16414 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm sorry that my post was misunderstood.

he really is just as ignorant to reality as John. His inability to impose accountability on himself is SCARY.

#16415 4 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

... I think you might mean "game". "Games" means more than one.

Well, one title but ~2000 actual machines / games.

#16416 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

he really is just as ignorant to reality as John. His inability to impose accountability on himself is SCARY.

Comparing Jack to John is completely ridiculous.

#16417 4 years ago

Yeah..
John actually has a bit more class than Jack...if that's even possible

Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Comparing Jack to John is completely ridiculous.

#16418 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Plus John already said he won't be building MG or RAZA 'there is no money' so why/how is he still burning money? That is not his money, people have asked for refunds and/or sued him. Instead of spending more money he should be refunding whatever money he has.

As for Jack, did he apologize for saying that the buyers got what they paid for? Or that the buyers had money to lose so they should accept that it got lost? Did Jack apologize at all? Also did we misunderstand Jack when he said the Journey is the reward? Or did he misunderstand that people paid to buy a pin, not for a pissed off Jpop journey (which turns like an Internet version of Apocalypse Now?).

#16419 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It was wrong to say. We have all said things we regretted and apologized for saying them. This is one Jack should apologize for in my opinion especially the "you had the money to burn..." comment. I bet Jack didn't even intend for the comment to offend anyone but it came off that way to many.

The $7500 I'm prepared to spend on The Hobbit is not money I have to burn. It's hard earned and I want to feel confident that I'll be getting a pinball machine with that hard earned money. I'm sure those that preordered a Predator or JPOP pin felt that same way.

I thought you were already in on the Hobbit?
And in all seriousness, if it's not money you have "to burn", why wouldn't you just wait until it comes out and it's everything you expect it to be? I don't doubt the game will be delivered but why tie up your money for who knows how long when there's very little benefit for it?
You know Marvins is getting one and there will be plenty of HUO games available for sale.

#16421 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

stop_victim_blaming.jpg

Johns strap is down, in a provocative way here.

#16422 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You have a valid point but if I play the Devils Advocate a parent shouldn't spend $16,000 on a speculative "investment" if they can't afford to lose the money without creating hardship on their family.

#16423 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

image.jpg
His imaginary friend maybe? Sure gets lonely when you're working in a large warehouse 20 hours a day 7 days a week.
rd.

Tell me you think think this loon doesn't talk to himself all the time. He's in his workshop playing with toys and talking like Smeagol about his "precious" [non-disclosed] game designs he's rehashed for 20 years.

#16424 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

You have a valid point but if I play the Devils Advocate a parent shouldn't spend $16,000 on a speculative "investment" if they can't afford to lose the money without creating hardship on their family.

Years have passed, some people's financial situations have changed in that time.

#16425 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Years have passed, some people's financial situations have changed in that time.

The *shipping* date was supposed to be 2013. People planned on having a pin to sell/trade by now, well before now.

IMO once Johns shipping date past I was giving him until 2014, I suspected things were going south.

#16426 4 years ago

RIP 16k

0010_mw.png

Has anyone had any movement with Zane yet?

#16427 4 years ago

The pinball landscape 3 / 4 years ago was totally different when we bought into the fantasy. The only "risk" was if you didn't get in NOW you'll never get this game. So RUN (don't walk) and send your money in right away.

Even Jack reflected on how different things were then...

I myself had paraded a box of lights around in June of 2012 at E3 and NW Pinball but that was a different kinder and gentler time when hope sprung eternal.

#16428 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

From the thread above
This is Pinball"

One of the worst non-apologies *ever*.

#16429 4 years ago

See, you guys gave him money for a very special pinball DESIGN, you got the design, so why complain?
PinDesign.png

#16432 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Some people weren't even parents when this money was sent. That's how long this has been going on.

#16433 4 years ago

Popapuke= Criminal !

#16434 4 years ago

according to Jack we got to ride the roller coaster and that is enough

#16435 4 years ago

I could have ridden on a lot of (real) roller coasters for the money - and had a much better time.

#16436 4 years ago

Word is he has a Friday meeting with another angel investor.

#16437 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Let's humor him for a second....lets say there IS an investor - then what happens ...will he use that money to REFUND everyone!??!!? lol

#16438 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Rent must be due again

#16439 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

See, you guys gave him money for a very special pinball DESIGN, you got the design, so why complain?
PinDesign.png

OMG.. that's hilarious.. I wonder if he can use that defense? "Silly people, I never said I was going to give you a machine. I was giving you the 'design'. It's up to you to produce the game.."

Perhaps the problem here is everybody was supposed to be doing it along with him, kinda like this guy...

"Now grab your pop bumper and try this...."
bob ross.jpg

#16440 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I would like to hear the investor's plan to refund my money.

#16441 4 years ago
Quoted from markdw:

RIP 16k
0010_mw.png
Has anyone had any movement with Zane yet?

Anyone else notice this? Not an actual game, just a design! Nothing to see here! Everyone go home!

EDIT: hahaha apparently someone did.

jpopeatsabighairyrooster.jpg

#16442 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I don't see what an angel investor would do. There's no more money that's going to be paid for these games. Not a single JPOP game buyer would give another dime to anything involving him. And I seriously doubt anyone else would buy a game associated with JPOP. So how is the investor going to get his/her money back?

Even if somehow an investor did come along, are you going to trust that JPOP just won't blow it a second time? You'd need to bring in another game designer. In fact, then what do you need JPOP for at all? The art is by Zombie Yeti, you could have him do different art on a different game that isn't tainted by JPOP.

What would an investor be saving, anyways? Alice in Wonderland is not copyrighted, anyone can make an AIW title, or a zombie title, or an original magic theme. If these games were 95% done maybe you'd be saving the design. I'm so sorry for everyone who lost money with JPOP, but I think everyone is on the same page that it can't be saved because there's not enough to save.

#16443 4 years ago

I keep thinking if I was a wealthy investor, I wouldn't bother with John, I'd rather buy Stern.

#16444 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let's humor him for a second....lets say there IS an investor - then what happens ...will he use that money to REFUND everyone!??!!? lol

It's only 1,000,000 and people spend more than that on paintings

#16445 4 years ago

I found an earlier version of that card.

jpopeatsabighairyrooster.jpg

#16446 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

weeping_angel.jpg

money-toilet.jpg

#16447 4 years ago

This is going to go to 20K post.

#16448 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

PinDesign.png

Maybe that's what Jack meant by "the jpop investors got what they paid for".

Apology accepted!

#16449 4 years ago

I've re-read the JJ post about 3 times and can't believe how out of touch with reality he is.

He makes it sound like the buyers and anyone that ever played a pinball machine should have cashed in their retirement funds and sent it directly JPOP so that he could keep the journey alive.

Sheesh...

living-your-dreams.jpg

With marketing slogans like "big toys that nobody needs" and "money to burn", if I was trading Pinball Futures, I'd be shorting JJP stock.

#16450 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

if I was trading Pinball Futures, I'd be shorting JJP stock.

I'm sure most people have been thinking that exact same thing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 399.95
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside