(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 491.
#15751 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yawn... Lots of bark and no bite happening here. John still lives free. Had I fallen prey to him, things would be very different for him. This thread is becoming boring and nauseating.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15752 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yawn... Lots of bark and no bite happening here. John still lives free. Had I fallen prey to him, things would be very different for him. This thread is becoming boring and nauseating.

I thought this thread would dry up like JPOP's bank account.

"Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, you’ve been a wonderful audience. I’ll be here all week. Try the veal. And don’t forget to tip your servers”

#15753 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If what Kevin did wasn't criminal, no way John's actions were.

That is a poor comparison and worth note that we are not done with Kevin. Criminal charges are still likely but Midland MI is a much different place than the upper middle class neighborhoods of chitown suburbs.

#15755 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If what Kevin did wasn't criminal, no way John's actions were.

Agreed. Ignorance and lying about progress are not crimes no matter how much one wants them to be.

Of course, if Zidware's accounting records are as disorganized as rumors indicate, that part could get interesting. Any court process will make MG development look speedy.

#15756 8 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

Agreed. Ignorance and lying about progress are not crimes no matter how much one wants them to be.
Of course, if Zidware's accounting records are as disorganized as rumors indicate, that part could get interesting. Any court process will make MG development look speedy.

How is lying about progress not a crime when the sole intent of the lie is to create more incoming capital and then that capital is diverted to something other than the intended purpose?

#15757 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How is lying about progress not a crime when the sole intent of the lie is to create more incoming capital and then that capital is diverted to something other than the intended purpose?

I think the question is not "is it a crime", but "will anyone do anything about it".

In the Predator case, the local police and FBI decided not to pursue it, but that seemed more like they didn't want to be bothered to put the effort in, not them determining the legality of it.

#15758 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the local police and FBI decided not to pursue it

for now...

#15760 8 years ago

John was still collecting money across state lines for games he new would never be made!
How is that not a crime?

#15761 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

One of the owners had the foresight to specifically purchase the prototype. He has a bill of sale for the prototype game and a receipt for payment in full.
In my opinion that game belongs to him and not John. I would like to see the game go to its rightful owner and not on the auction block or disappear into some collectors basement.

Surprise surprise. And I got called a conspiracy theorist for saying that would happen. Where is the prototype?

#15762 8 years ago

I notice you say they got a bill of sale. That is convenient because they could easily ship it across the border to Canada now.

#15763 8 years ago

Actually I believe all 4 proto types had been reserved and bought although one might have had Johns name on it, can't remember. Why is this a surprise? They were numbered and sold by John to obviously bring in more money.... big conspiracy. I don't know if they will go to the actual owners though as they were never finished or delivered and might remain as a "common asset" This would be up to the judge or trustee. The proto at the show is on it's way back to Zidware.

#15764 8 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

It's generally good practice to not mess with people that have more money than you do.

Not terrible advice, but if everyone followed it we'd be singing "God Save the Queen" before every baseball game.

#15765 8 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And I got 'timeout' for calling him Popadick...

Really? Because I called him the same thing, like five or six posts about you, and .. noone noticed.

#15766 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Really? Because I called him the same thing, like five or six posts about you, and .. noone noticed.

Is Noone a mod now ?

#15767 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Actually I believe all 4 proto types had been reserved and bought although one might have had Johns name on it, can't remember. Why is this a surprise? They were numbered and sold by John to obviously bring in more money.... big conspiracy.

Because they weren't offered to the public to make the maximum profit, which indicates it was a back-room deal as a favor to friends. With no concern for the value it has to his creditors. After he declared himself insolvent. Yes, it is a conspiracy when people "conspire" behind closed doors to make deals that benefit each other during an effective bankruptcy. Yes, it will be up to the courts, but that doesn't take away the fact that the jackals have been looting the place behind closed doors. While being praised as saviors. Laughable.

#15768 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is Noone a mod now ?

Not anymore. I don't believe that anyone cared that somebody was and noone wasn't, so noone got up and left.

Anyways, back to the other conversation...

#15769 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Because they weren't offered to the public to make the maximum profit, which indicates it was a back-room deal as a favor to friends. With no concern for the value it has to his creditors. After he declared himself insolvent. Yes, it is a conspiracy when people "conspire" behind closed doors to make deals that benefit each other during an effective bankruptcy. Yes, it will be up to the courts, but that doesn't take away the fact that the jackals have been looting the place behind closed doors. While being praised as saviors. Laughable.

I think you are misunderstanding.. my read is that the prototypes were also pre ordered from John years ago; not just now in a back room deal.

#15770 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

One of the owners had the foresight to specifically purchase the prototype

And this. So arrogant. "Had the foresight"? You think half the people who paid into this didn't want to get their hands on that prototype? What drug are you smoking? Let me guess, it's somebody who you think is a super awesome and nice business man, so he "deserves it" more than everybody else.

#15771 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I think you are misunderstanding.. my read is that the prototypes were also pre ordered from John years ago; not just now in a back room deal.

Oh, well if we are talking years ago I apologize. My statements are if the prototypes were sold since late 2014 when we all knew this was going under.

#15772 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is Noone a mod now ?

I'll take care of that, O-din is allowed some time off from the forums.

noone.jpgnoone.jpg
#15773 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

doorhityourass.jpgdoorhityourass.jpg

#15774 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Who are the "Jackals" that are "looting the place" who are being praised as saviors, inquiry minds want to know! I'm sure the judge would like to know as well

#15775 8 years ago

Lol, it's cool, nobody needs to agree with me and everyone can assume what they want about what I said. I am just wondering why collectively, the biggest legal can of whoop ass, private investigation, constant surveillance just so he has no privacy wherever possible, picketing outside his home, posting notices in all the places he frequents about him, getting liens, contacting everyone he knows via phone, letter, email or whatever to let them know about this sham he pulled, etc. has not been ongoing since day 1. If anyone wants to interpret that as doing something illegal, well, there's some very fine lines that you can get right up against, so study the applicable laws and guide yourselves accordingly.

#15776 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Depends on how one looks at it. Was there supposed to be just 13 machines originally (with no prototypes)? Are these "prototypes" just unfinished machines and they really are the ones that belonged to buyers 1-4 (if John had ever finished them)?

It will blow if John now decides these are prototypes that were never intended to be delivered to anyone on the customer list and he's now going to sell them to other people.

#15777 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

And this. So arrogant. "Had the foresight"? You think half the people who paid into this didn't want to get their hands on that prototype? What drug are you smoking? Let me guess, it's somebody who you think is a super awesome and nice business man, so he "deserves it" more than everybody else.

I'm one of the people who paid into this. And yes I do think they had great foresight. I wish I had it. They bought the prototype YEARS AGO. As much as you want a conspiracy, there's not one here.

And all the buyers I think are good guys. We'd have to be patient and trusting to be conned for as long as we have been.

#15778 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I'm one of the people who paid into this. And yes I do think they had great foresight. I wish I had it. They bought the prototype YEARS AGO. As much as you want a conspiracy, there's not one here.

Most people who bought into jpop did so "years ago" as well. Just because someone bought a prototype does not necessarily give them priority in BK proceedings.

Zidware must be forced into bankruptcy ASAP so these "sales" can be undone and the assets returned to zidware for auction and distribution to creditors.

#15779 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I second that.
So - I have no desire to read 300+ pages to figure this out - can anyone please tell me in no more than 5 words per line and 5 lines total what this thread is about?
Thanks!

The Journey Isn't The Reward.

#15780 8 years ago

What's a noone? Is that pronounced noon-E and is that like a nooner? I like those.

#15781 8 years ago

Is it possible to have someone who is intently following this thread make a new thread when something actually comes of this whole mess?

#15782 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How do you propose to prove that was the intent?

#15783 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Is it possible to have someone who is intently following this thread make a new thread when something actually comes of this whole mess?

I just count on Nate at C2C to update me if something actually happens in here.

#15784 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

There is a locked official update thread already.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-pintasia-update-thread

#15785 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#15786 8 years ago

Thanks,
That was a crazy turn of events. Does anyone know the value that Jpop placed on this project when signing it over to Bill?

#15787 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is Noone a mod now ?

No, he's too busy getting ready for the Flower Power Cruise.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/78Tq/2016-flower-power-cruise-relive-the-60s-featuring-peter-noone

#15788 8 years ago

So with JPLOP turning out to be a doosh, will all his actual games (CV, TOM, etc.) plummet in value because people don't want his stink on their games?

#15789 8 years ago

Doubtful. Most people aren't even that aware of designers, just us hard core weirdos.

#15790 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What's a noone? Is that pronounced noon-E and is that like a nooner? I like those.

Noonan?

noonan.jpgnoonan.jpg

#15791 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I still do not understand why people are worrying about a civil case. What JPop did was clearly criminal

You keep using this word... I do not think it means what you think it means...

#15792 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Because promising to deliver a game... delivering which can be done via many many paths. Where was this capital 'diverted'? There is no constraint that says revenue from a product must goto building that product. Spending revenue on zidware initiatives and expenses is not criminal - stupid? sure.. but failing is not criminal.

People were paying to have a game delivered by Zidware... zidware could have still sold the idea and had someone else build and deliver the games as just one of many possible avenues. Taking money before that path is realized is not criminal.

Lying about progress is a grey area that would be very difficult to pursue - we're not talking securities violations here where John is selling investors on false pretenses, we're talking about simple consumer protection laws. Those result in fines and refunds.. not criminal violations.

People here are customers - not investors. Whole separate ball of wax..

#15793 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

John was still collecting money across state lines for games he new would never be made!
How is that not a crime?

For the same kind of reasons Kevin could argue "negotiations are still ongoing" - even if you think they are probably never going to end favorable.

#15794 8 years ago

John said he was going to build these games himself. He even said he would come to your house to complete assembly. He promised to make these himself and we relied an that promise when we gave him money . It was a lie. He never intended to build these himself. He represented that he would build these himself and on that basis victims gave him money.

In addition I paid for RAZA , not for MG to be developed and built. The math now shows he never intended to build MG with MG money but that he had to divert funds from victims, in an Ongoing fashion, in order to keep,the lights on. He intended only to keep going. He never intended to build a machine. That means he lied and sold that lie to convince victims to give him money .

#15795 8 years ago

So any news from court today?

#15796 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

For the same kind of reasons Kevin could argue "negotiations are still ongoing" - even if you think they are probably never going to end favorable.

you should not talk about what you do not know and is not in favor of helping anyone but the criminals

#15797 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you should not talk about what you do not know and is not in favor of helping anyone but the criminals

Ignorance doesn't change the law... you can hide from it and wish it was different... but you're only fooling yourself...

The better informed people are.. the better chance they won't make mistakes again.

#15798 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

John said he was going to build these games himself. He even said he would come to your house to complete assembly. He promised to make these himself and we relied an that promise when we gave him money

Is that a condition in your contract? If not.. its just part of the sales pitch which is non-binding and could be changed as conditions dictated.

#15799 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

John said he was going to build these games himself. He even said he would come to your house to complete assembly. He promised to make these himself and we relied an that promise when we gave him money . It was a lie. He never intended to build these himself. He represented that he would build these himself and on that basis victims gave him money.
In addition I paid for RAZA , not for MG to be developed and built. The math now shows he never intended to build MG with MG money but that he had to divert funds from victims, in an Ongoing fashion, in order to keep,the lights on. He intended only to keep going. He never intended to build a machine. That means he lied and sold that lie to convince victims to give him money .

Unless John's secret diary reveals that this was all a intentional scam from the start, I'm not sure how you get past the possibility (and as a criminal defendant, all he needs is a reasonable possibility to overcome the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard) that he's just an idiot dreamer who, like many failed businessmen before him, went down in flames still believing that things would somehow turn around and he'd make good on all of his empty promises.

#15800 8 years ago

This thread is going down hill.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.