(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 491.
#15101 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Ok, I probably don't have the right to say disparaging things about the U.S.
In fact I love being neighbors to the US, my son has married a gal from L.A. And lives in Phoenix, so consider my comments as coming from a "brother in law"- not really in the family but close enough.
Something is terribly wrong with the US judicial system, if someone can rob another's wallet and end up in jail, and all the lawyers, or lawyer wannabes on Pinside, keep saying..nope can't touch John, he's free to go. Maybe I'm too naive.
(Running outside now, to get the garden hose, to douse the flames, that are surely coming)

I doubt you'll get many flames from the Americans, we know our justice system is fucked. 1 out of every 100 Americans is in jail.

#15102 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Something is terribly wrong with the US judicial system, if someone can rob another's wallet and end up in jail, and all the lawyers, or lawyer wannabes on Pinside, keep saying..nope can't touch John, he's free to go. Maybe I'm too naive.

People voluntarily gave their money to Jpop. People don't volunteer to being mugged. There is a key difference.

John is not "free to go" - he will wind up in bankruptcy and lose some assets. He has also lost the respect of most pinball fans.

#15103 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Naw, bad progress estimates aren't lies, over selling a sales pitch - not a lie, lack of business plan? Not unusual, waste of resources - no doubt, but again just poor management. Bad records on accounting? Sure. Intent? how do you proove. Salary w/o paying others - also is a common thing.
As much as folks want punishment - my opinion is that the legal system will empathize, but not find civil or criminal judgments.

Sir, your opinion sucks. (IMHO)

#15104 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Yes, Zidware, Inc. is incorporated in the State of Illinois (File No.: 66577511).
Use the following link, and search for Corporate > Key Word > Zidware.
http://www.ilsos.gov/corporatellc/
ZidwareInc.jpg

At least he won't get in trouble for banging his secretary.

#15105 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Something is terribly wrong with the US judicial system,

you don't know the half of it, brother

#15106 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

In fact I love being neighbors to the US, my son has married a gal from L.A. And lives in Phoenix, so consider my comments as coming from a "brother in law"- not really in the family but close enough.
(Running outside now, to get the garden hose, to douse the flames, that are surely coming)

The US justice system barely has enough room to hold real murderers and rapists. It is quite literally a revolving door system (unless you're a repeat offender, 3 strikes, or did something horrific). If he was found criminally negligent and sentenced to say 2 years. He might serve a few months. Its just way it is, not enough room for all sentences handed out.

#15107 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I doubt you'll get many flames from the Americans, we know our justice system is fucked. 1 out of every 100 Americans is in jail.

Well, it's not really fair to compare the US to Canada in regards to incarceration rates. Why?

Demographics.

Yes, the U.S. Incarceration rates look horrific compared to Canada, but you're comparing apples and oranges. If you adjust for racial differences the numbers are quite different. Sad, but true. Demographics.

#15108 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, it's not really fair to compare the US to Canada in regards to incarceration rates. Why?
Demographics.
Yes, the U.S. Incarceration rates look horrific compared to Canada, but you're comparing apples and oranges. If you adjust for racial differences the numbers are quite different. Sad, but true. Demographics.

Oh, I wasn't comparing to Canada. I have no idea what their incarceration rate is. I do know 1 in every 100 doesn't feel right, something else is going on. We already know that though.

#15109 8 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

Maybe John will join the class action on zidware and put his claims in for all the extra work he put in and didn't get paid for......you guys do realize he's a victim as well......

Nah. John couldn't care less because he has no skin in the game.

#15110 8 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Nah. John couldn't care less because he has no skin in the game.

Would you say he has trouble getting his horse in the race?

#15111 8 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I wonder how many people were in for all three games!? Oh boy that would hurt like a Mother!!!

I know someone that bought more than one of each game and they are in deeper than anyone else.

#15112 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I know someone that bought more than one of each game and they are in deeper than anyone else.

Hoooooooly......shiiiiiiii.........

Yeah, that's not someone who's just gonna walk away and move on.

#15113 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

The guy that stole the wallet a) acted with clear intent to steal, and b) removed the choice of the other person.

In the case of Jpop, he never held a gun to your head, and he did work on pinball stuff.

#15114 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hoooooooly......shiiiiiiii.........
Yeah, that's not someone who's just gonna walk away and move on.

Yeah they are not in on AIW but have multiple MG's plus a prototype and more than 1 of RAZA.

#15115 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm not at liberty to say. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink...

#15116 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yeah they are not in on AIW but have multiple MG's plus a prototype and more than 1 of RAZA.

Talk about being balls deep in this thing. Holy shit!

#15117 8 years ago

This thread is stupid now.

#15118 8 years ago

*My Only possible regret was to not have asked a hardball question or two
towards the end of my interview with JPOP last year.*
-I missed my flight to do the interview (not a huge deal but since I did miss it, I had a little more time...)
-I don't know if it could have saved anyone any possible grief to know more of
the current progress/projection of "progress"/% done of magic girl/financials roughly of how it was doing/etc...
-He was quite up-beat, he seemed truly into the process and dedicated to it.

Part 1...

Part 2...

#15119 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Now!?

#15120 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Well played.

#15121 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't think all of his squirrels are running up the same tree

#15122 8 years ago

I'm curious what the tipping point was.

#15123 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I don't think all of his squirrels are running up the same tree

He was definitely a few coins short of a full credit.

#15124 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'm curious what the tipping point was.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15125 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well, prototypes exist at least. He bought one of those??

#15126 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

!?!?!??!?!?!?!!

I'm at a loss for words. Actually I'm not, but everything I've written (and then erased) is just insulting to whoever did this. Just gonna keep quiet...but YIKES.

#15127 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Jailhouse lawyers are mildly entertaining until they keep repeating garbage as gospel over and over.

#15128 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#15129 8 years ago

Wonder what Jpop is doing now. Waiting for all his trial dates. He probably still has a following of fans not in on his new pins. You would think he would sell what ever is left on Ebay for art, etc. Quickly to free up some more cash for his legal battles ahead, or to continue taking a salary.

#15130 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

!?!?!??!?!?!?!!

I'm at a loss for words. Actually I'm not, but everything I've written (and then erased) is just insulting to whoever did this. Just gonna keep quiet...but YIKES.

I have to hope anybody who had the cash ($70K ish?) to speculate on pinball games has to at least been dimly aware that one of the possible outcomes was "you get nothing". Even if he was doing it "for the good of pinball" rather than to flip for $$$, there is willing support, then there is blind trust.

One of the lessons from the book "smart trust" is don't extend blind trust in situations where if your trust is betrayed you are unwilling to accept the outcome.

And as far as John goes, he is sort of like Willy Wonka, without the surprise gift at the end:

Sad all round, I think the Wonka analogy might be too fitting. Secret shop tours, promising the world, leaving a bunch of devastated forever changed "fans" in his wake...

#15131 8 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

The US justice system barely has enough room to hold real murderers and rapists. It is quite literally a revolving door system (unless you're a repeat offender, 3 strikes, or did something horrific). If he was found criminally negligent and sentenced to say 2 years. He might serve a few months. Its just way it is, not enough room for all sentences handed out.

My nephew embezzled 1.2 million dollars from the family business over a 7 year period. After a 2 year investigation he was given a 5 year prison sentence plus ordered to pay the company $500.00 per month for the rest of his life. My four brothers and sisters read witness impact statements showing e-mails my nephew had sent them threatening bodily harm. The judge doubled the sentence to 10 years.
He was released three weeks ago after serving 6 months.

#15132 8 years ago

I had a 'friend' about 15 years ago who did all kinds of horrible internet mail fraud stuff. Would sell things then never ship them, etc. big ticket items. Probably 20-30k worth of stuff. Eventually he got busted, a bunch of people got together and it went to trial, he lost, and served about 3 months in a halfway house. So he got out every day for work, church, all kinds of stuff. Basically he just had to be in a certain building by 8p.m. Doors weren't even locked. He never paid any of the 'restitution'.

#15133 8 years ago

Its a gone dead train, yeah its a gone dead train,

#15135 8 years ago

I don't feel quite so "restricted" under my NDA anymore....

#15136 8 years ago

To all of those who are in on Zidware machines; I sure hope youknowwho does not try to take legal action/ COuNtersue you for violating an NDA.

#15137 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Not nearly enough.

#15138 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

To all of those who are in on Zidware machines; I sure hope youknowwho does not try to take legal action/ COuNtersue you for violating an NDA.

Maybe he'll kick me out.... take my money and I'll get no machine... I'm pretty settled on that part at this point.

Maybe I could find one or two points in that contract that John has violated too... ya think?

#15140 8 years ago

"The cake is a lie", f&@king Ben knew it all along and tried to warn us all... No one took his hints srs

#15141 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Not quite helping me, I'm the idiot who sent him that woz translite.

I'm the idiot who sent him $9500 in good faith.... I guess in the long run it was a just that....

#15142 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I really hope you're joking.

That NDA isn't worth wiping your ass with.

As for all the photos ... I get why people are mad at John, believe me. But see all that shit? He was working the whole time. In a totally half assed, never-gonna-finish way of course. But it wasn't fraud. It was just giving money to a crazy artist with no grip on project management. Yes, he lied. He's a bad person. Etc etc. But you're just not gonna send him to jail for any of this. In my not a lawyer, just a person thinking through the logic capacity of course.

I have zero clue how a lawsuit would go, but I guess we'll find out!

#15143 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Yeah... THAT'S what they should worry about

#15144 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Sad all round, I think the Wonka analogy might be too fitting. Secret shop tours, promising the world, leaving a bunch of devastated forever changed "fans" in his wake...

Yeah, that's not a bad comparison. Wonkadiuk?

#15145 8 years ago

That thing I'm working on...

BHZA was going to have a lower PF with rotating "stages". 3 scenes on a circle so it's rotate 120 degrees per cycle. (Flipper and ball mech stay put, area with targets move)

Idea was you were working your way through my lair, you'd beat one "room" them move on. Third "stage" was a Zombie Reactor or something you bash X times to win.

Now everyone knows what the porthole was for - to see a glowing light.

#15146 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

BHZA was going to have a lower PF with rotating "stages". 3 scenes on a circle so it's rotate 120 degrees per cycle. (Flipper and ball mech stay put, area with targets move)
Idea was you were working your way through my lair, you'd beat one "room" them move on. Third "stage" was a Zombie Reactor or something you bash X times to win.

Did you ever think it yourself: "I've finished five things and he's half-way through one thing"?

#15147 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey Ben, welcome to the "Violate the NDA Agreement Club"!

#15148 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I remember watching a video of you two working on this very early on. Since these projects were on lockdown from the beginning, the videos were the only way for us outsiders to get a glimpse of anything. Every once and a while somebody would post that you two were working on the game and I would watch the feed. Never, ever thought it would all end up like this.

#15149 8 years ago

Man I still get wood looking at the ZA cabs & Backglasses. No wonder I threw in lots of $$$ in. I was thinking with the wrong head

Anyone else get a little tingly feeling down low?

#15150 8 years ago

Please keep violating the NDA. He didn't keep his end of the deal, why should you? I love seeing pictures of this stuff, not unlike John Troudeau's whitewoods, or crazy proposed Nazi tanks/figher planes, etc that never got off the ground.

I do remember the triple 120 degree mini-playfield. A good idea, that hopefully someday someone will implement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/303 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.