(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 486.
#14951 4 years ago

Anything great in this world worth owning or collecting has a power tripping manic/ antisocial asshole finger prints all over it.

#14952 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're a chill dude to take it that way. Has John reached out to you or anyone via Email or phone to just APOLOGIZE!?!? You'd think he could at least do that much...he's really messed with people's lives. They didn't get into this as a "gamble" (as some have suggested)...they paid for a "collectible product" with an expectation of receiving that product. Ice is saying that lawsuits are pointless as you may not get your money back....how about just a plea to John as a human being to do the right thing and do what he can to give people their money back? Maybe his lawyer is telling him to just keep quiet....or maybe he's just too much of a coward to confront those he screwed....I know an apology isn't money - but man, it'd be nice to see if he has a sense of human decency left.

A fair number of folks who are the cause of situations like this don't feel like they have to apologize since they feel they did nothing wrong, since they think the problems were caused by "someone else" or other "outside forces".

And even if the person in this situation *wanted* to apologize, that means publicly admitting guilt, which could open a big can of worms with lawsuits.

#14953 4 years ago

I want to be the first post on page 300. Dang! missed it by 2 posts.
50 posts a page, so we are less than 50 away from that 15,000 mark

#14954 4 years ago

No worries 400 is around the corner.

#14955 4 years ago

John had him home phone number disconnected, I wish I lived in Chicago, I would be at his shop every day to look for him and park in front of his house every night.

#14956 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Im not interested in a lawsuit as I feel all the money is gone, but there are rumblings of criminal charges brewing.

Never happen

#14957 4 years ago

sorry, double post

Using mobile versions is a little wonky
Still trying to figure it out

#14958 4 years ago

there are rumblings of criminal charges brewing. JPOP may be losing more than Zidware here, he could find himself in prison depending on what gets unearthed in this investigation.

Who knows for sure, but the fact that Skit-B avoided criminal charges with even stronger evidence of lying doesn't bode well for the chances of JPop facing jail time.

#14959 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Who knows for sure, but the fact that Skit-B avoided criminal charges with even stronger evidence of lying doesn't bode well for the chances of JPop facing jail time.

Yes that seemed pretty clear cut and dry. But who knows the law is funny that way.
It may be the way he advertized or sold or who knows. Tax fraud? He best have his books in order.

#14960 4 years ago

As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end"

Although I'm not sure what good has come out of this disaster

I'm done with it as many of you I'm sure will be thrilled.

It's been a long journey and looking back in the beginning there was so much excitement and positive stuff and 4 yrs later it's over, 2 years with this thread. Wow

So this is the end for me, I hope to stay in touch with many of you via PM that have become friends of mine

This place has brought out the worst in me at times, especially recently, and I value my character and integrity more than anything so it's adios and vaya con dios folks!

Thanks,
Doug aka Iceman

As always, when we meet up Beer is on me and if anybody ever needs help on anything don't hesitate to reach out

#14962 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hopefully they don't send Chief Wiggum to investigate like they did with Kevin Kulek. Would guess CHI has better investigators than the noobs they have in the shithole where Kevin lives.

#14963 4 years ago

Oh no....

image.jpg

#14964 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Would guess CHI has better investigators than the noobs they have in the shithole where Kevin lives.

I believe Kevin lives mid-michigan, a far cry from detroit (where they deal with serious crimes like murder and drugs). However, pinball crime probably doesn't rate very high anywhere for priority.

#14965 4 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these: 'It might have been.'"
John Whittier

Always choose tongue...Pen.

#14966 4 years ago

Im not interested in a lawsuit as I feel all the money is gone, but there are rumblings of criminal charges brewing. JPOP may be losing more than Zidware here, he could find himself in prison depending on what gets unearthed in this investigation.

Let's hope he goes to jail. He certainly should in my opinion.

#14967 4 years ago

I will be shocked if he goes to jail. I just don't see it.

#14968 4 years ago

If he goes to jail the boys will call him magic girl.

#14969 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let's hope he goes to jail. He certainly should in my opinion.

I am no lawyer, but I would guess the only way he goes to jail is either he did tax fraud on some of the income he took from Zidware or somehow it is proven that he was taking money for something he already knew would not be made.

#14970 4 years ago

This is just so messed up.... so John has announced he's not completing the games, no money to do so, took down his web pages, took down his facebook.

Is there anything left other than legal action? If something doesn't happen, he just wanders into the sunset and we just forget about it?

The whole thing is just crazy.

#14971 4 years ago

Im not interested in a lawsuit as I feel all the money is gone, but there are rumblings of criminal charges brewing. JPOP may be losing more than Zidware here, he could find himself in prison depending on what gets unearthed in this investigation.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Kevin Kulek was more likely to face jail time and that's not going to happen.

#14972 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is just so messed up.... so John has announced he's not completing the games, no money to do so, took down his web pages, took down his facebook.

Is there anything left other than legal action? If something doesn't happen, he just wanders into the sunset and we just forget about it?

The whole thing is just crazy.

crazy-pills.gif

#14974 4 years ago

Double

#14976 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This is akin to saying "she shouldn't have dressed like that".

Speaking of which, a HUGE thank you to whoever invented Freddy Jeans!

Good lawd!!!

#14977 4 years ago

I was always a bit skeptical, but you wouldn't know it from my first post on the matter:

Eh, the man has a dream to make a LE run of 13 games; from the wording
I assume more are possible in the future?

I say good for him.

I am not sure if this is a virtual PIN or a physical pin, or some sort
of hybrid(?) based upon the "realistic ball physics wording" combined
with the kicking rubber parts combined with the LED displays...

This will be an interesting project to see when unveiled. It will
either be the most exclusive and expensive virtual pin ever, or it
will be one of the rarest and possibly very desirable games ever made.

Either way I do not understand the sour grapes.

If there was a reliable way to raffle one off online, I would be down
with that .

#14978 4 years ago

I don't see any case for John going to jail. Personally, i think he was just dumb as a businessman. I don't think his intent was fraud.

Personally, I think a case against his company, Zidware can be won. But as I laid out before no money will be paid to us as it will all be gone before we get some.

I think you could try to sue John personally, but I think even that would be super hard to win. A criminal case, now that seems extremely unlikely to happen. Im pretty sure you have to prove intent to fraud.

#14979 4 years ago

The FTC took action on a kickstarter campaign that failed to deliver or issue refunds this week. Maybe people should file a complaint here ? Dont see how it could hurt. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

#14980 4 years ago

I think John left a way bigger paper trail than Kevin did (contracts ect) also couldnt this be considered a Ponzi scheme?

Disclaimer: I'm a concrete guy not a lawyer

#14981 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

bloodbath of the other 90%.

Actually Bloodbath TM was supposed to be his 8th game.

#14982 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't see any case for John going to jail. Personally, i think he was just dumb as a businessman. I don't think his intent was fraud.
Personally, I think a case against his company, Zidware can be won. But as I laid out before no money will be paid to us as it will all be gone before we get some.
I think you could try to sue John personally, but I think even that would be super hard to win. A criminal case, now that seems extremely unlikely to happen. Im pretty sure you have to prove intent to fraud.

Blatant lies on progress to customers, lack of any type of business plan, complete waste of resources, incomplete accounting and deposits, by all accounts no real intention of going into production, and to top it off - taking a salary before paying employees and contractors. Fraud is the deliberate intent to secure unlawful gain and difficult to prove, but I think a case could be made for just that.

#14983 4 years ago

That is funny! Even Jersey Jack chimed in to take a cheap shot at Gary Stern. Not surprised...

#14984 4 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

The FTC took action on a kickstarter campaign that failed to deliver or issue refunds this week. Maybe people should file a complaint here ? Dont see how it could hurt. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

But in his case he didn't actually spend money on game stuff, and moved to a new state, which is I assume why it's federal.

John did lots of stupid shit, but as far as we know the money was just spent badly and mismanaged, but it was for pinball.

#14985 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end"
Although I'm not sure what good has come out of this disaster
I'm done with it as many of you I'm sure will be thrilled.
It's been a long journey and looking back in the beginning there was so much excitement and positive stuff and 4 yrs later it's over, 2 years with this thread. Wow
So this is the end for me, I hope to stay in touch with many of you via PM that have become friends of mine
This place has brought out the worst in me at times, especially recently, and I value my character and integrity more than anything so it's adios and vaya con dios folks!
Thanks,
Doug aka Iceman
As always, when we meet up Beer is on me and if anybody ever needs help on anything don't hesitate to reach out

bert-tron-boom.jpg

#14986 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It seems unlikely, given all the other business failings, that Zidware will have been set up correctly to protect John from personal bankruptcy when it gets to that point.

#14987 4 years ago

I like where John Popadiuk says only 13 Magic Girl pinball machines will be made. And then someone asks him why he numbered the games 00## ...

#14988 4 years ago

Jpoop got his x-rays back. He decided to share them with us at expo. Not sure we didn't see the signs back then!
Hmmmm

image.jpg

#14989 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

pinball crime probably doesn't rate very high anywhere for priority.

That vid is exactly how I pictured the police work going down with Pred (and probably with JPonzi)... Literally, like having your car stolen, knowing 100% who did it, reporting it, but when they find your 'stolen' car in their driveway they can't charge them because the didn't find the car with the 'thief' physically in the drivers seat at the time. 'Murrica!

Tons of respect for policeman, but holy chit, stealing ~$1M from people doesn't qualify as 'stealing' because they are, apparently, still talking with FOX execs to reinstate the license (even though they never talked with them outside of their imagination) and/or are in over their head because "nobody bought my company that I was always trying to pawn", while I was paying myself a BS-over-inflated 'salary' fiddle-farting around making foam cores for shit that nobody paid for in regards to IP's that I don't have, not paying my vendors who I 'rely' on (because in my mind, they should feel lucky to work with MEEEEEEEEEEEE), and filing patents in my name (cuz a sista gotta get paid with my luscious hair, and me, more ME now).

Even though they followed the ponzi scheme to a 'T'.... this all leads to the detective/FBI saying "welp... he's clean boys. Too much paperwork, job well done... Let's go home."

#14990 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Blatant lies on progress to customers, lack of any type of business plan, complete waste of resources, incomplete accounting and deposits, by all accounts no real intention of going into production, and to top it off - taking a salary before paying employees and contractors. Fraud is the deliberate intent to secure unlawful gain and difficult to prove, but I think a case could be made for just that.

I don't think any of the listed above other than lies and not intending to go to production counts as fraud. It's ok to take a salary. It's ok not to keep good books. All this points to being a bad businessman.

Now as for the lies, good luck proving them. Personally, I wasn't lied to so I can't speak for them. As for not intending to go into production, I don't think there's a case there either. I think even up until a couple weeks ago he thought he was going to work it all out and go into production.

#14991 4 years ago

The mouse takes the cheese.

#14993 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't think any of the listed above other than lies and not intending to go to production counts as fraud. It's ok to take a salary. It's ok not to keep good books. All this points to being a bad businessman.
Now as for the lies, good luck proving them. Personally, I wasn't lied to so I can't speak for them. As for not intending to go into production, I don't think there's a case there either. I think even up until a couple weeks ago he thought he was going to work it all out and go into production.

Actually, for corporations, you're really forced to keep good books in order to insulate yourself from the corporation. With sloppy record keeping and book keeping, you can personally get nailed to the wall without the veil of corporate protection...

#14994 4 years ago

John is still oblivious to all of this. Someone posted on the user group that John still thinks Zidware can be saved and that John said people buy 5 million dollar paintings and there are several millionaires who may be willing to give him funds. The guy is delusional with no remorse. It is time to take action and ruin him.

I hope the person that posted on the users group comes on here and posts his conversation with John. It is beyond comprehension.

#14995 4 years ago

I want to share a thought:

Is this not the same as all other crowd fundings ? Basically there are three possibilitie with crowd-funding:

1: People that have an idea, crowd fund and succeed
2: People that have an idea, crowd fund and fail
3: People that have the intent to con other people, crowd fund and dont deliver. They succeed in their intent.

You won't know until its over what the intent was. If you get the product, then it was 1, if you do not get the product and get some kind of refund or in the worst case good communication and an apoligie and maybe some partial refund it was number 2, but when it all goes wrong, with no communication whatsoever and no refunds it sure looks like number 3.

Should all those people go to jail ?? In the case of number 3 I would say yes, but how can it be proven that it was not number 2 ??

I deeply loathe people that cause harm - physically or financially - to others but ultimately you choose to fund the project, no matter what the outcome. Nobody forces you to fund.

#14996 4 years ago

Oh, I can accept that I sent the money and it was mine to lose.

But there should at least be some sort of day of reckoning for John. Whether that is bankruptcy and all the work he did on my dime is taken away and auctioned off, or something else.

#14997 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

John still thinks Zidware can be saved and that John said people buy 5 million dollar paintings and there are several millionaires who may be willing to give him funds.

This always seemed like what he was after, some sort of benefactor, not a real investor. Give him money with no strings. Continue the pinball arts & crafts on someone else's dime.

That's what the "investor" talk never made sense. Investors have higher standards of criteria.

#14998 4 years ago

'Just thought I'd stop in and say Hey!

#14999 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This always seemed like what he was after, some sort of benefactor, not a real investor. Give him money with no strings. Continue the pinball arts & crafts on someone else's dime.
That's what the "investor" talk never made sense. Investors have higher standards of criteria.

Ha, he really thinks there are "investors" that are like "hey you make pinballs ? you had 4 years and didnt deliver ? sure, here take my 5 million. Oh, you dont have a solid buisness plan ? No problem, call me if you run out of money!".

Is that guy on acid ? Sure looks like it.

#15000 4 years ago

15k?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside