New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,338 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,697 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 3.39.04 PM (resized).png
sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24338 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 487.
#1451 5 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Let's hope this many is made at least. It's gonna suck down the line when someone wants one of these machines and has to pay through the butt cheek to get one.

I thought current pricing was already there.

#1452 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I thought current pricing was already there.

LOL, yeah its all subjective. I see more value in getting a rare Zidware game at 17K than getting 2 LE Sterns at a similar price or even less, but I'm sure most people on this forum wouldn't think that way...

#1453 5 years ago

It's pretty quiet on the Jpop front which I think is a great sign!

Only a few short days before the big MG rug reveal.

And first week of January we get the big RAZA update.

After all the expo crap, it's time to get excited again guys, time to hopefully get into the xmas spirit and positive Jpop vibes.

Lots of great stuff coming in 2015!

#1454 5 years ago

.. or not.

- Debbie Downer

#1455 5 years ago

I have zero dogs in this fight, but I am pulling for your guys that are pre-order buyers. I really, genuinely hope you guys get your games. I could never, EVER wait 3-4 years like you guys are doing. You're stronger, crazier, richer or nuttier than me; I don't know which of the 4 or all of them .

Hope it all works out guys; I really do!!! A lot of us non-buyers are silently (read: not stirring the pot) watching.

#1456 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I have zero dogs in this fight, but I am pulling for your guys that are pre-order buyers. I really, genuinely hope you guys get your games. I could never, EVER wait 3-4 years like you guys are doing. You're stronger, crazier, richer or nuttier than me; I don't know which of the 4 or all of them .
Hope it all works out guys; I really do!!! A lot of us non-buyers are silently (read: not stirring the pot) watching.

I can only speak for Iceman and myself... We are just nuttier than you are

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anxiously waiting.... For the past week I've kept hitting refresh on Jpop's blog hoping to see a new post. I have hope that the stage is set for his MG reveal followed by a RAZA presentation. If this falls flat, IMO it will be a tough sell for his future pin proposals.

#1458 5 years ago

Ice send me the blog when you get it Ive asked far too many times and I just don't have access. Looking forward to the big reveal.

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Anxiously waiting.... For the past week I've kept hitting refresh on Jpop's blog hoping to see a new post. I have hope that the stage is set for his MG reveal followed by a RAZA presentation. If this falls flat, IMO it will be a tough sell for his future pin proposals.

Its all riding on the next 30 days for Jpop, after all this time in development the "non owners" are gonna get to see what its all about.

He better step up to the plate and hit one out of the park on the MG reveal to get another 30 people like me to pony up 17k!

I'm betting on him and getting funds ready

#1460 5 years ago

If Zidware was a public company, I'd be shorting the stock right now.

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Long JPOP 10,000 shares baby

#1462 5 years ago

I'm guessing that you don't make a living as a pinball parts supplier then?

#1463 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah? Maybe he's fled the country? lol

#1464 5 years ago

My prediction: MG is the one pin everybody will kick themselves for not buying. It will be unobtanium after it is finally released, and will sell out the instant the pictures of the game go up online. It is also the game that will humble him. JPop will have to finally build a machine in quantities, and he will hate building it. It will cost more than anticipated, and he will work with a manufacturing partner for future games. He won't build more MG's because of the costs and the effort involved. It will be a meticulously hand-made, cutting edge work of art.

MG is also THE game that he has to prove what he can do. He wants to blow the lid off of the pinball world with it, and I believe he will. It will have over a decade of ideas and innovations he has come up with since his last game with B/W. I can't buy this machine right now, so my jealous hat goes off to all of the MG owners! I wish I was in your shoes, you lucky bastards...

I absolutely can't wait to see this game.

#1465 5 years ago

Don't forget when/if u see the game this month your still close to a year before they get built and ship.

#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

My prediction: MG is the one pin everybody will kick themselves for not buying. It will be unobtanium after it is finally released, and will sell out the instant the pictures of the game go up online. It is also the game that will humble him. JPop will have to finally build a machine in quantities, and he will hate building it. It will cost more than anticipated, and he will work with a manufacturing partner for future games. He won't build more MG's because of the costs and the effort involved. It will be a meticulously hand-made, cutting edge work of art.
MG is also THE game that he has to prove what he can do. He wants to blow the lid off of the pinball world with it, and I believe he will. It will have over a decade of ideas and innovations he has come up with since his last game with B/W. I can't buy this machine right now, so my jealous hat goes off to all of the MG owners! I wish I was in your shoes, you lucky bastards...

Hi John!!!

#1467 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

You know what they say, timing is everything, and the time to "short" Jpop was before Expo, his STOCK is a penny stock right now!

The time to buy Jpop stock is now, before the "reveal".

Jpop is the next Apple stock

#1468 5 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

My prediction: MG is the one pin everybody will kick themselves for not buying.

$10k by Christmas. Oh, wait...

#1469 5 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

At $17k? No I would never kick myself for not buying 17k pinball machine. I dunno guys.. He's whiffed the ball a few times now. Hopefully he's seen the light and I'll be happy to be surprised

#1470 5 years ago

Lolz. I guess I do look like JPop with that post. When I start selling some of my products on here shortly, you will see that I am not him. I've never met John, but I do live pretty close to Zidware. I would love to take a trip over there sometime.

Maybe it is crazy to say that about a 17K pinball machine, but I believe it. At the very least, it will create a lot of excitement for his future designs. I am also excited to see him create another original theme, because he has a gift for making beautiful games. Either way, another new game is good for pinball.

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

My prediction: MG is the one pin everybody will kick themselves for not buying. It will be unobtanium after it is finally released, and will sell out the instant the pictures of the game go up online.

Isn't the entire run already spoken for? I like your enthusiasm though. MG is like the $5M apartment on central park... everyone would like to have one but not at the price.

Quoted from woodworker:

It is also the game that will humble him. JPop will have to finally build a machine in quantities, and he will hate building it. It will cost more than anticipated, and he will work with a manufacturing partner for future games.

I agree, but only if he lifts the limit to a number that makes economic sense to manufacture. If he hates building the games it's all on his shoulders for putting himself in that corner.

#1472 5 years ago

Having owned four of

Quoted from woodworker:MG is also THE game that he has to prove what he can do. He wants to blow the lid off of the pinball world with it, and I believe he will. It will have over a decade of ideas and innovations he has come up with since his last game with B/W.

Judging from John's library of WMS games, I would be VERY surprised if either MG or Zombieland is as exciting or challenging as Metallica. We will see... eventually.

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

it's all going to come down to the rules. NEver been a question if it will look great. Johns games usually fail or don't get as much love as they should because the rules are lacking or flawed. Rules make the game. They can make the most boring cookie cutter fan pattern be fun, or the best looking game play like a turd.

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Why don't you just stick with shorting radio shack stock instead. That's guaranteed (to go down)

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's all going to come down to the rules. NEver been a question if it will look great. Johns games usually fail or don't get as much love as they should because the rules are lacking or flawed. Rules make the game. They can make the most boring cookie cutter fan pattern be fun, or the best looking game play like a turd.

Who is coding it?

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Who is coding it?

That's the thing, John didn't program CV, TOM, WCS, or Totan.

He claims to have great "talent" on that front. However, it remains to be seen right? I mean Keith's and Lyman's don't grow on trees.

I'm anxious to see what happens there, maybe Ben will step in and help too?

Building 50 MG's and 124 RAZA's will be tough enough. Coding a great pin, that requires "special talent".

#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

At $17k? No I would never kick myself for not buying 17k pinball machine. I dunno guys.. He's whiffed the ball a few times now. Hopefully he's seen the light and I'll be happy to be surprised

Agree there, the only risk is kicking yourself in the ass, FOR actually putting up the money to buy it. Then again, I'm not very smart so we'll see.

Will there be 17k worth of pin there? Wow, hard to imagine, the collectibility factor has to be worth at least 8-9k if you believe in the value.

He's there in Chicago for sure Greg, an unnamed pinsider who went to visit him planted a tracking device in his hair (never find it in there) just in case he thinks about running!

#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Don't forget when/if u see the game this month your still close to a year before they get built and ship.

I've been waiting this long for RAZA..... another year.. 2... "hey, it's only pinball!"

#1479 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

an unnamed pinsider who went to visit him planted a tracking device in his hair (never find it in there) just in case he thinks about running!

Seen him in Europe. I am afraid he found a way...

Bald.jpg
#1480 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

I'm guessing that you don't make a living as a pinball parts supplier then?

I'm guessing Jpop stopped using your services then?

#1481 5 years ago

Should have added this too, tats are a more robust solution. Sure he could remove it, but then it's really gonna look like crap.

JPOP_Rev.jpg

#1482 5 years ago

FYI Small update just posted on RAZA blog.

#1483 5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up concrete. I had stopped checking because I thought it was going to be dark until the reveal.

#1484 5 years ago

I had just checked blog this am. I think he is proud of the artwork. I would be too! Holy crap

The MG art on that one screen leaves you speechless!

I mean, at the end of the day, no matter what else happens. The artwork alone, the cab design, all the stuff that is packed in there will be phenomenal no matter how it plays. Even though I want it all, I can live with that.

#1485 5 years ago

anything about whether he's still committed to a functioning MG reveal end of year?

#1486 5 years ago

Is BBB a "great" playing pin? Is that why you buy it?

There are about 222 of those depending on which report you believe. Ipd database says 205.

Will the artwork on MG blow away BBB (not that its not cool looking)? Check

Proper placement of a well integrated LCD versus DMD? Check

Lighting, toys, magnets galore? Check

1/4th the total of BBB produced (most likely 50)? Check

Is MG worth 17k as compared to BBB? _________

Gotta believe with only 50 made, on a Jpop pin that looks like it does and incorporates all it does should command at least as much as BBB? Not saying any pin is worth 17k, just by comparison.

#1487 5 years ago

I think if we get this, it will at the least, be a piece of pinball history and a piece of art. At the currently proposed number of 50 is it worth more than a BBB? I would guess so and if it turns out to be a machine that plays as good as it looks........watch out!

#1488 5 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

I'm guessing Jpop stopped using your services then?

As a general rule of owning and operating a business, I stop supplying customers who don't pay their invoices.

I believe this is a good common business sense and one that other companies/suppliers that may be (or ARE) in similar circumstances should be practicing as well.

#1489 5 years ago

nice.. this should be good for a few pages.

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I had just checked blog this am. I think he is proud of the artwork. I would be too! Holy crap
The MG art on that one screen leaves you speechless!
I mean, at the end of the day, no matter what else happens. The artwork alone, the cab design, all the stuff that is packed in there will be phenomenal no matter how it plays. Even though I want it all, I can live with that.

Who's the artist on MG? (I wasn't paying attention to any of the pinball community when these were announced, so I missed a lot of the details..)

#1491 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Who's the artist on MG? (I wasn't paying attention to any of the pinball community when these were announced, so I missed a lot of the details..)

#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

As a general rule of owning and operating a business, I stop supplying customers who don't pay their invoices.
I believe this is a good common business sense and one that other companies/suppliers that may be (or ARE) in similar circumstances should be practicing as well.

How many "parts" can there be delivered? There aren't any pins yet.

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Should have added this too, tats are a more robust solution. Sure he could remove it, but then it's really gonna look like crap.

JPOP_Rev.jpg 13 KB

What would be great is if someone got this tattoo, and the artist had a sense of humor, and made the bar code actually scan in and it came up a box of tampons or something.

#1494 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many "parts" can there be delivered? There aren't any pins yet.

Given that GLM designs and makes boards.. (I have his fliptronics replacement boards for instance, http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/ ) I think you could imagine custom boards , even in small quantity would be annoying if someone didn't pay you for design, etc. pure speculation of what's being accused of here of course.

#1495 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

This falls under the holy Shite category...

#1496 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Given that GLM makes boards.. (I have his fliptronics replacement boards for instance, http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/ ) I think you could imagine custom boards , even in small quantity would be annoying if someone didn't pay you for design, etc. pure speculation of what's being accused of here of course.

I agree, people need to get paid for their services. I don't think he is saying John refuses to pay him or that he hasn't already paid him. Slow pay? Speculation can be all over the place on the little it of info provided.

#1497 5 years ago

he said "As a general rule of owning and operating a business, I stop supplying customers who don't pay their invoices." -> that's not slow, that's not at all. but ok

but agree.. given the impressions that JPOP is "the artist" / absent minded professor... It is actually not surprising at all that paying bills is somewhere on the low priority list for him. However, as a vendor trying to work with someone like that, one could decide it's not worth selling to someone you have to hound all the time to get paid.

#1498 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Pretty Vague dude.. What the rest of the story?

#1499 5 years ago

Anyone still want to speculate that jpop is sitting on half a million cash?

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

It is actually not surprising at all that paying bills is somewhere on the low priority list for him. However, as a vendor trying to work with someone like that, one could decide it's not worth selling to someone you have to hound all the time to get paid.

That's the likely scenario imo, and I agree, it sounds like maybe he had to hound John to get paid and that was a pita, and won't supply him anymore.

To imply that John is broke, a deadbeat that can't and won't pay his bills is whole different thing obviously. If that is what he meant by that vague comment then don't say it without giving details. Where is the proof that its an epidemic with John or even true?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 24338 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside