(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wcbrandes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

275 posts in this topic match your search for posts by wcbrandes. You are on page 2 of 2.
#20127 7 years ago

Are you doing Kaneda's podcast ice? I will def tune in for that one!

#20129 7 years ago

I agree a few cocktails before hand = a much more entertaining podcast!

3 months later
#20720 7 years ago

Look at the expensive collectible. King Kong has anyone actually played it? Just rare that's it. kP ok. BBB ok. All rare. Don't be a hero you know this will be a collectible. It's Pinball history. Glad all those involved get the machine. Let's hope he moves into Raza.

#20935 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BM66SLE and LE blows this POS away all day every day.
If you actually like to play pinball. What a F ing joke.

#20936 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

No, not collectible at all. Won't be sought after.

#20945 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Is it though? With all that pink and purple "magic" it looks like it's meant for your pre-teen daughters room. To go right next to her stuffed pink unicorn.
They should have one in each Justice store in the malls across America.
Maybe it's just me but the color choices make me a little queasy... especially the added aqua green in the PF and the oversaturated translite.

Yea your right pinball should never hit that 70's pop culture kinda coloring and the art also looks a bit boring.

#20946 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think i've hit that one hard already but there is so much SHIT to go around its hard to keep up.

love it. Have to agree you B66 owners have had enough bashing...get it out here your only gonna hurt about 22 peoples feelings

#20958 7 years ago

Im sitting looking at all my pop art from the 60's and 70's looks pretty colorful

warhol_marilyn (resized).jpgwarhol_marilyn (resized).jpg

#20962 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You deserve whatever you got coming Billy for having to grab your ankles on this deal.
And like i said before, you deserve a F ing medal of honor for trying to help everybody out.
That pathetic look on the face of that POS is hysterical and I can't wait to see how this shit show plays out.
Does the pin ship with actual pinballs?

Ice you know me I really don't care how well it plays obviously hoping for everyone's sake it is decent but at the end of the day it got done and some of those who suffered are getting something. He says onto Raza but I think I'm flushing that money down the drain

#20964 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I can find you some girlie pink and purple art from EVERY era if you like it so much

If its worth as much as these please do pm me if you want to send to my residence!

#20967 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I hope not Bill, I was actually for the first time in a long time having a little hope that RAZA might actually get built

He actually says he is moving onto Raza but Sean you know as well as I do that's another 3 years away if at all. Will keep my fingers crossed for you buddy

#20972 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How far along was RAZA?
It looked like a thematic mess, he kept retooling it until it lost all identity, much like Michael Jackson's face.
AIW (though just a foamcore) seemed like a much more interesting concept and far more in his wheelhouse. Maybe he could move all orders into that?

I was very vocal moving AIW up and even forgetting RAZA as it was a legal nightmare with patent and IP infringements everywhere. It would be smart for AP to take the foam core and make it real. The layout was superb the art was over the top and it was just real. This would satisfy all Ben.

#21540 7 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Good point. Even though he contradicts himself every 5 minutes, it is nice to see he isn’t sugar coating the flaws. I still don’t see how anyone could possibly would be happy with a half ass machine for that much high coin; yet he still says he doesn’t regret it.

See BM66 thread

2 months later
#23434 6 years ago

I have a machine if all the other owners want to chip in and will send to applejuice. I was offered 30 k for it but i'm open to figuring out something to make this work. The issues I potentially see is there may need to be some hardware as well as software issues figured out to truly make this a fun complete game. No need to discuss here further, however if all other MG owners are good with this then we can organize by pm and applejuice can also contact me to figure out the details.Not saying will work but willing to give it a shot. Dave good luck with your sale. Everyone should know this is one of the stellar pinheads and an all around gentleman not only here but in general so bid with confidence. I'm sorry to hear your going through a bit of a tough patch bud, however know it will get better. Cheers

2 weeks later
#23518 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

should have been done long ago! Likely still time if people act fast. May be able to recover some preferential disbursement of assets?

11 months later
#23950 5 years ago

Imagine he means DP and yea they have, no matter what the outcome is the money has been gone for years and well opportunity costs are through the roof!

#23955 5 years ago

I can give you two. One million us at Zidware, and say about 200 machines at average 9k at DP or just say 2m so there is 3m US

#23959 5 years ago

Now Deepbutthurtroot is harbouring a criminal

#23962 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Wouldn't it also seem that this court decision sets a precedent that JPop didn't deliver a 100% working game, thus giving a pretty good indication of where the rights still are?

Oh Wolfmarsh I do think you may have a point here!

#23974 5 years ago

Oh I know Gweem, I am referring to your latter statement

#24006 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

wcbrandes you are only involved with Magic Girl game, right? If so, that means all the other JPOP titles reverted to deeproot and those are not contested. So at least 4/5 titles can move forward unimpeded. Producing MG is a little more questionable. Could deeproot complete design and begin production of working MG games? Maybe, and if they are smart, they would present the 24? Original Owners and (10x)yourself a do-over game. Or has the timeframe expired, and the rights reverted back to yourself?

Nope wasn't born yesterday I tied up every IP he had so really the only one that will not be in Question, and yes my lawyer in Chicago has confirmed this as a very very good outcome probability, is AIW which is an open license not protectable by anyone. It's a shame Deeproot was so fing miserable about the whole thing!

#24090 5 years ago

You can't win Rarehero. Jpop found guilty, the owner or head of the new company coming on here thinking he's the Pinball guru, and doubling down on a guy he knows has purposely taken money from people with no remorse whatsoever not to mention treating future potential clients like pieces of crap. He obviously doesn't care he does this in front of a major portion of the Pinball community, but no let's give him a chance! Let's see what they do. Insane. Deepshit will never get a dime from me and I don't care what fing carrot they dangle. Done with this crap.

4 years later
#24383 1 year ago

Blood from stone, however huge kudos for standing up to principle Kim!

#24422 1 year ago

What I find interesting is that Zane only found out about the "assets" digging through jpops own checking account and charges going through from a storage facility? This must mean he purgered himself when asked what assets he maintains and how he can pay back in whole or in part the plaintiffs? I have never not seen lawyers make sure they ask these questions when under oath so if lying can go back after them for purgery. Any insight on this Kim. ? I mean he definitely is a scam artist if he's lying under oath and hiding assets. Not that we didn't know this from other happenings but still.

#24424 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

He should have had his friend rent the storage unit and then claim he gave it all to him. But maybe he doesn't have any friends.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

275 posts in this topic match your search for posts by wcbrandes. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wcbrandes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/2?tu=wcbrandes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.