(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

270 posts in this topic match your search for posts by tigerlaw. You are on page 2 of 2.
#22793 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I can't even imagine the PM's I would get, ROFL

This might help you squeeze a King Kong out of someone.

#22798 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It means 100% confirmed that more than the original 19 are made. It also means good luck to anyone that thinks more are not coming.

I'm not following the reasoning behind the sticker confirming this position. They did say they designed 2 prototypes, so it was 19 complete and "2 imperfect" or something along those lines. I personally don't see AP making more for JPop under pretty much any reasonable circumstance, I could be wrong of course.

#22966 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

A business owner can raise capitol any way he sees fit to fund his operation.

Not always the case. Each state has blue sky laws on capital raising. These are designed to protect those that can't afford or understand an investment (requiring people be accredited investors is a common requirement).

I'm not suggesting these blue sky laws are applicable in this matter, just making an observation that not all avenues of capital are legal/appropriate.

1 week later
#23203 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just to break things up...I'm still stuck in New Orleans. Over a week. Smoking cigars and eating oysters.

I'm here as well. How long are you in town for?

#23212 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Damn! I forgot! We were stuck an additional 2 days! Just got back yesterday to 19 degree weather! I should have checked Pinside more often...

Let me know when you're coming back. We will have a cigar and a scotch.

#23219 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea seems this title should be changed to now remove Houdini. Not fair to AP to associate this game with jpop any longer

I agree. Will look at it tonight.

#23235 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The worst part is that JPOP probably now feels great that his games are selling for the prices they appear to be selling for.

Do we know what they are selling for now? I've not heard of any sales since the first one that sold a couple days after it was delivered. How many have changed hands now in total? Just curious.

1 month later
#23391 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveKing:

Time to move on - just listed my MG no reserve. No more "Are these even changing hands.... What's it worth..?" crap. We will have a marker in a week.
-Dave

Do you have a link to the eBay listing?

#23420 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I plan to bid it up with a dup ebay account just for the fun of it

I wouldn't joke about that. It is reasonably foreseeable that this auction may end in a winning bidder that won't pay, making the game be re-listed. Everyone who makes a joke along those lines will be an instant suspect if that happens.

2 weeks later
#23510 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I've cancelled my deposition on 17th May as Zane can't be bothered to respond or provide any information WHATSOEVER. So Jpop wins and keeps his $1 million allegedly stolen money. Hurray for the pinball collector-raping criminal!

So you dropped out of the litigation as well? Wasn't it just a video deposition, you were never going to have to travel were you?

#23521 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Unfortunately, the plaintiffs have had very little legal support from Zane Smith, and e.g. no preparatory information about the forthcoming depositions. We received a weird email from Zane's paralegal (the only contact we get) saying that Jpop's attorney won in court to prevent video depositions (i.e. would have to be in person, bearing in mind I live in the UK), but in the same email asking us to confirm video deposition date, and stating that Jpop's attorney would be taking part in the questioning during the video (possibly a compromise agreed in court to allow the video depositions to go ahead?).

Well, that sucks. His attorney, I'm guessing, basically said the victims had to fly in to the place where they brought the suit so JPop's lawyer could question them. The sheer inconvenience of that (and cost) will help JPop sliver out of liability as his victims won't want to incur the cost.

1 month later
#23553 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Bumping this up, sounds like the legal proceedings are moving forward.. The wheels of justice turn ever so slowly!

Oh? What's been happening in the case? I haven't heard a word in weeks.

7 months later
#23864 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

10K/month salaries for the designers

Is that about what Stern pays these days as well? Seems likely more than Stern pays, I recall a few years ago people thought Stern paid about 80k a year base to their full time designers; I do not recall what info that estimate was based on, if any.

#23893 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Totally fine!!! Eat all you want. But why invite Jpoop to the table? Unless they like the stench of rotting fish?
QSS

It’s not like the other designers had a say in who their co-worker was, in fact JPop was already there when they got hired (he may have helped them get the job for all we know). The other desigers I’m sure are happy to have a job for their skill set and I’m happy for them, everyone has bills to pay and mouths to feed.

While I understand everyone’s amazement that JPop keeps popping back up, let’s not begrudge other designers their paychecks or claim they take some moral high ground for the community and turn down a job/paycheck I’m sure they need.

6 months later
#24213 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If he were to stay focused about his actions and the implosion of his company rather than aimlessly rambling. IF HE TOOK FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS AND HE APOLOGIZED PUBLICLY FOR THEM. Maybe he say - Hi I'm JPOP and I was founder of Zidware. I presold 3 pinball machines based on my reputation and my background in pinball. I was developing 5 pinball machines and some web game when the money ran out. I took preorder money and mismanaged it badly. I didn't understand how to build a game and never fully completed the design on any of my games. I was paid to design and build 3 games and I lied about the real situation and continued taking money for years after I knew the company was insolvent.
Now I would like to spend the next five minutes saying I AM SORRY to each and every person that was screwed, in as many ways as I can. (repeat for five minutes). Now that is the situation and I am sorry. I would like to ASK YOU TO CONSIDER FORGIVING ME FOR MY DISCRETIONS.

Ha! That would be great to hear but I don’t see his ego allowing him to travel down that path. In his mind he’s apparently still the victim somehow and the people that supported him with pre-orders are bad people who have mistreated him (hence him actually suing many of them...and doing his whole victim blaming act...deplorable behavior in my view).

I’d love to be proven wrong and see him change but I think we’ve all moved past expecting that.

1 year later
#24305 4 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

and I'd like to think that maybe he'll finally feel some repercussions for all the shenanigans he pulled as so far everything seems to have worked out just fine for him. Curious to hear what transpires in January...

Alas, this bankruptcy of Zidware is unlikely to have much in the way of negative personal results for JPop. He long ago made it past the lookback period where the trustee or court would claw back any preferential transfers or over compensation to executives or things along those lines (at least based on the information that is out there...granted I did not follow the lawsuit nor read the bankruptcy filing...).

#24310 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The above was posted by rommy May 1st, 2018.

Good! I had forgotten they had pierced the corporate veil. Thanks for the reminder. I hope they have pursued and succeeded in a garnishment of his income from Deep Root.

Speaking of Deep Root, I did have the chance to play the prototype RAZA at HAAG. I thought it was a good game with some decent ideas and shot well. Had RAZA come out when scheduled it would have been a head turner and really collectible. Pinball has just moved forward too much since those days. When you look at what has Deep Root has put together with the prototype RAZA next to a Jurassic Park or JJPOTC the difference is readily apparent, in my personal opinion.

#24315 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's quite a disappointment, given the hyperbole offered by DR about revolutionizing pinball, et al.

Deeproot made a good game, I enjoyed their RAZA...but looking at it next to a Jurassic Park Premium... Of course, the RAZA was a prototype so we will see what happens in the production model.

The thing that got me with RAZA was it had a regular wood playfield; with all the discussion on their playfield I figured it would be ceramic or hard plastic or something like that. Doesn’t seem like it would be fundamentally more durable than anyone else’s playfield but perhaps it has a better coating. Dunno.

4 months later
#24319 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Looks like the zidware website changed.. just a teaser picture, in the html source is the name: Zidware Games : The Forever Land
One of DR's projects ?

Does JPop still control the Zidware website?

#24332 3 years ago

I wonder if John is still drawing a paycheck from Deeproot. Surely he was contract labor as opposed to an employee and he is not drawing a salary at this moment. Who can say though, the guy seems to land on his feet no matter what he does. He must be magical when giving a presentation one on one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
270 posts in this topic match your search for posts by tigerlaw. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/2?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.