(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 487.
#14651 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If it means nothing, why did you get worked up enough to respond with your ridiculous post about having Zidware foot the bill to ship it back?
Did Zidware foot the bill to have it shipped to the NW?
Did you and/or Pintasia have some type of agreement with regarding to shipping it back to Zidware after the show? Or did you just think it would never have to go back? Or did you put any thought into it at all, one way or the other?
What did you think was going to happen? What did you base it on?
Do you think that whoever has it now can just keep it until someone pays to have it shipped back to Zidware? Who do you think has the responsibility to get it back to Zidware? Anyone?

You're basing this on Jpop somehow benefitting from it being at the show. If this project was taken on Jpop was not going to be part of it or make any money further off of it. He was out.

This game is not being held hostage. After it goes back to Jpop I would be happy to tell you its life cycle of where it traveled to. Not sure how that is important, but Im not in for the secrecy. No one is going to say where it is at now for safety, obviously.

It actually got sent to get a virtual pin made from it and further rules written so at least a virtual table someday existed for folks to play. I know that is now out as well as the current mission is to have Jpop get this game back asap because the current holder isn't comfortable any longer with it. I mean, who would be with all the hostility.

#14652 4 years ago

Why are folks expecting to hear about ZIdware assets? WHere they are, how many proto cabs or PF, etc.? Don't expect anything while there are open lawsuits now going on. (I know, you weren't told much before). The definition of stress is the distance between expectations and reality. The only part of that equation you can control is your own expectations (for info, for instant resolution of the legal stuff, get any $, when, how much?). Some have dealt with having to lower expectations and moved on, for others that gap is really wide, and results in another post here.

Here's what is still fuzzy -
With the Pintasia deal gone, what remaining offer is on the table? Pintasia had v1 and v2 of their letter (6/1 deadline, 6/30 deadline).
Does Zidware's letter apply now?

#14654 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

You're basing this on Jpop somehow benefitting from it being at the show.

I did no such thing, as that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

JPop was done. Do you not realize this?

#14655 4 years ago

If Predator was our Enron, this is definitely our Lehman Brothers/2008 financial collapse. Knowing some had $20k+ in this thing is just staggering.

#14657 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Also known as, "telling the wife"

I... haven't brought myself to face that tune yet. She's already frustrated enough that I never got paid for all my sculpture work. (although auctioning off the sculpt helped)

#14659 4 years ago

OFFICIAL ZIDWARE HAT FOR SALE (Complete with Sticker)

Super RARE! 1 of 1!

Selling for what I have into it

$14,100

If you "But It Now" i'll even throw in TWO (yes 2!) Zidware T-Shits... errr shirts.....

authentic-zidware-hat.jpg
#14660 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Why are folks expecting to hear about ZIdware assets? WHere they are, how many proto cabs or PF, etc.?

Because in order to have an equitable distribution of the assets paid for by pre-order money people need to know what exists and where it is. We are grilling the people who KNOW these things because if we don't get answers, people who are behind the scenes can start shifting assets around like in pretty much every shady business exit ever.

They do this by building a veil around the company and basically moving either physical or monetary assets under cover. One example of this would be: say I had a pinball machine and wanted it not to be taken in the bankruptcy and sold. I want it to be in the hands of "my own guys." These guys could cut a deal with the company that is about to fold, pay under the table and obtain temporary possession of the item, but in my contract it would stipulate that returning the item is subject to the original company paying to have it shipped back. However, said original company decides they don't have the money or resources to ship it back so they say "oh well, i'll just break the contract. Keep the item, I don't care."

That is the type of situation where possession is 9/10 of the law. After suing JPop and finding out his company doesn't even own its own MG prototype anymore because it breached a contract and lost the machine, people will not be able to sue the new entity.

So yeah, knowing the exact deal that Pintasia made with John is important (and that deal has been mysterious from the start) and so is knowing the exact location of the game.

And now we can't know the location for "security purposes." What a joke. You sound like the government, and they are crooks.

#14661 4 years ago

I've said it before.

Let's figure out how to package this thing and sell it as a show to the History Channel.

The cast of characters on this thing is like a mixture of Duck Dynasty, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars and Hillbilly Handfishing all rolled into one.

#14662 4 years ago

Some had $30k + in on this. Bought MG , and RAZA - paid in full those. Then made a deposit on AIW.

It's a sad day for pinball .

I apologize for ever encouraging anyone to be involved with John Popadiuk . Wasting my own family's money is one thing, and I will pay for that, but encouraging fellow pinheads to participate in this scam was inexcusable . Won't ever do it again.

#14663 4 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

OFFICIAL ZIDWARE HAT FOR SALE (Complete with Sticker)
Super RARE! 1 of 1!
Selling for what I have into it
$14,100
If you "But It Now" i'll even throw in TWO (yes 2!) Zidware T-Shits... errr shirts.....

authentic-zidware-hat.jpg

Dude, stop trying to sell your wares. Don't you have a closed Pintasia thread to update?

#14664 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've said it before.
Let's figure out how to package this thing and sell it as a show to the History Channel.
The cast of characters on this thing is like a mixture of Duck Dynasty, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars and Hillbilly Handfishing all rolled into one.

Why is everybody so convinced this would make such a fascinating documentary?

There's really not much to the story and it's much more depressing than it is interesting.

Basically, nothing happened for 4 years, a bunch of people got duped out of various sums of money, and now it's all over.

Call Scorsese!!!

#14665 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Guy's we licensed the games and have borrowed the one MG to finish the damn thing that he seemingly could not finish himself.

Ya'll could sue Zidware for the licensing fee Pintasia paid

#14666 4 years ago

If a movie is made, the hardest part would be figuring out the genre, horror or comedy?

#14667 4 years ago

If courts allowed it, I would pay money to hear the court cases coming up just to see what John's defense is. Maybe someone could press record on their phone, put it in their pocket and forget they left the app open.

#14668 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Some had $30k + in on this. Bought MG , and RAZA - paid in full those. Then made a deposit on AIW.

Holy fook

#14669 4 years ago

So what is John doing today? Just sitting around the shop looking out the window waiting for process servers?

#14670 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If courts allowed it, I would pay money to hear the court cases coming up just to see what John's defense is. Maybe someone could press record on their phone, put it in their pocket and forget they left the app open.

Funny thing is, in an e-mail to me John called Stern thieves.

#14671 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

because if we don't get answers, people who are behind the scenes can start shifting assets around like in pretty much every shady business exit ever.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention according to court documents, Sabrina Wei's forte is shifting assets out of dying companies.

#14672 4 years ago

Thanks Bill for getting the game to the show and your efforts.
I wonder if John is ringing your phone off the hook trying to make a better deal?

Rather than seeing the game in the museum or burned in the desert in Vegas, it'd be cool if we could get back everything we had already paid for from the auction for cheap. We could then sell off whatever machinery, equipment and such to give back money to the vendors and since it is apparently not feasible to manufacture the games, we could try to just finish the prototypes and share them.
Put one in the States, Canada and Europe and all of us that have money into the games can share them in some kind of rotation. I could see it now, meeting up on stretches of highways passing them off, like the olympic torch
Any other ideas?

#14673 4 years ago

John's defense will be to deny the suit allegations and then file bankruptcy if he does not file bankruptcy before the answer is due. Then, the cases will be stayed and it will be transferred to bankruptcy. It won't be very exciting.

#14674 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

What are you talking about Aurich what secrets and bullshit? The game is out west, John was suppose to handle getting it home regardless of an announcement being made. Sounds like he is making arrangements.

I'm talking about the people in this thread who are playing the "we know who has it but aren't telling" game. Whatever though. I don't care who has it. Just tired of the insider club stuff, it's what started all this in the first place.

Here's the truth: if everyone had just ignored the garbage NDA in the first place you would have all realized what was going on a lot sooner. The whole insider club thing is what actually spelled doom. John had people working on this like a terrorist cell, where no one knew who the other people were, not even the guys actually working on the game.

I was pretty critical of this whole thing years ago, but I figured the people telling me to F off at least were seeing cool secret shit that I wasn't. Turns out I'd been leaked everything, I just couldn't believe that was possibly all there was to see.

Maybe John is super smart, or maybe he's a paranoid squirrel, but it sure worked.

#14675 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I did no such thing, as that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
JPop was done. Do you not realize this?

My bad. It's hard to give out any info in this thread without getting jumped on.

Thread ejecting myself, you got all the info anyone needs it looks like.

#14677 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If a movie is made, the hardest part would be figuring out the genre, horror or comedy?

It would be a hormedy

#14678 4 years ago

Finally. I can drain this train wreck.

#14679 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

say what?? So now there are four not three prototypes? hmm, I do recall talk of more than three ramp sets being made, but this is the first I recall hearing there are four prototypes in varies stages of construction.

For the record
4 prototypes
2 whitewoods
1 mutant thing

Whitewoods have more features but less art.
Mutant thing has art but hardly anything else.

#14680 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's the truth: if everyone had just ignored the garbage NDA in the first place you would have all realized what was going on a lot sooner. The whole insider club thing is what actually spelled doom. John had people working on this like a terrorist cell, where no one knew who the other people were, not even the guys actually working on the game.

Ironically, one of the reasons that I got in on BHZA when it was first launched was, in a funny sort of way, because of the NDA.

I figured "holy shit, you mean I have to sign an NDA to be part of this project? That must mean that I am going to see some cool-ass shit along the way. It might take awhile, but at least the ride will be cool, seeing all this new shit that JPop is going to come up with!"

lol

So one of the reasons I decided to get out and get a refund is that it became obvious that we, as owners, weren't really going to be seeing much of anything, and the alleged need for a NDA was a complete joke.

#14682 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

"holy shit, you mean I have to sign an NDA to be part of this project? That must mean that I am going to see some cool-ass shit along the way. It might take awhile, but at least the ride will be cool, seeing all this new shit that JPop is going to come up with!"

Cool shit like the Theater of Magic Post, Magna Flips, and upside down lamp spinners. He didn't invent the popup center post. He didn't invent magna flips, and he didn't invent the lamp spinner, which was done first on EMs.

Maybe they'd all be fun features! I'm okay with taking old ideas and remixing them, that's part of pinball. But it seems more than a little ridiculous that he was trying to protect ideas like that from being "stolen".

#14683 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So one of the reasons I decided to get out and get a refund is that it because obvious that we, as owners, weren't really going to be seeing much of anything, and the NDA was a complete joke.

Can someone post a copy of the NDA?

#14684 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why is everybody so convinced this would make such a fascinating documentary?
There's really not much to the story and it's much more depressing than it is interesting.
Basically, nothing happened for 4 years, a bunch of people got duped out of various sums of money, and now it's all over.
Call Scorsese!!!

This and the whole cast of characters of ALL pinball. Stern, JJP, and the whole crew, are you kidding me?

#14686 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ironically, one of the reasons that I got in on BHZA when it was first launched was, in a funny sort of way, because of the NDA.
I figured "holy shit, you mean I have to sign an NDA to be part of this project? That must mean that I am going to see some cool-ass shit along the way. It might take awhile, but at least the ride will be cool, seeing all this new shit that JPop is going to come up with!"
lol
So one of the reasons I decided to get out and get a refund is that it because obvious that we, as owners, weren't really going to be seeing much of anything, and the NDA was a complete joke.

Rob you my friend were the one guy who cautioned me about jumping into this mess a couple of years ago. I was offered a spot for RAZA by JPOP in 2013 so I reached out to a few current owners and some who used to be owners. For the record my decision to jump in is on me, it was my call, it was a bad one and I will own it.

Rob I should of listened to you!

#14687 4 years ago

Wow, I had held out some hope that this whole mess could be averted, and Bill was going to pull some real magic out of his hat, not the kind of Magic that John was dishing out.
I feel so bad for those that had money invested. Maybe not having these pins is the best idea anyway. A lot of people would have had a real bad feeling every time they saw one, or played one.
Just a real sad experience for the whole hobby. Skit B and John P....this whole mess should R.I.P.
I hope everyone with money invested, can forget about this, and have fun still, when they play the silver ball.

#14688 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm talking about the people in this thread who are playing the "we know who has it but aren't telling" game. Whatever though. I don't care who has it. Just tired of the insider club stuff, it's what started all this in the first place.

It doesn't matter who has the machine. It's no ones concern. It's not stolen, it's securely locked up until it's returned to its proper spot. Why would any of us that know where it is tell on Pinside? It's no ones concern.

#14689 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rob you my friend were the one guy who cautioned me about jumping into this mess a couple of years ago. I was offered a spot for RAZA by JPOP in 2013 so I reached out to a few current owners and some who used to be owners. For the record my decision to jump in is on me, it was my call, it was a bad one and I will own it.
Rob I should of listened to you!

Well, obviously I can understand the desire to get in on RAZA, as it was for the same reasons that I got in when it was BHZA. But yeah, by the time we were talking about my Tron LE and you told me you were in on RAZA I couldn't help but cringe a bit. Was still hoping for the best for everyone obviously. Regardless, don't feel bad, you are not the only friend of mine who got in on RAZA despite knowing my reservations.

I remember telling someone who has been in this hobby far longer than I, and who knows way more about pinball and the industry than I do, and when I told him that I was in on BHZA, his reaction was to say "OH SHIT!" At first I thought he was being a bit rude and a Debbie Downer, but his reaction was actually based on his knowledge and experience. That was more than 3 years ago.

#14690 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Can someone post a copy of the NDA?

When I got my refund, JPop made me return everything, including the entire sales packet and NDA that I signed! I told him I didn't make a copy of the NDA and he had the original (which was true).

#14691 4 years ago

The more I think about it, having that game wouldn't be worth it.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, it gets squirreled off to some well-heeled pinhead's collection. Since it currently still belongs to Zidware, anyone else who has it would essentially be in possession of stolen property, so they could never let anyone see it for fear of being outed.

#14692 4 years ago

Good call Bill. Keep your money and your sanity. It was at least nice to see what all the NDA's and silence was actually for. Unfortunately there is no happy ending and John is still in a fantasy world. It will be good to get back to happier times for pinball, I think I can still remember them.

#14693 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It is not a conspiracy theory that you know who has one of the MG prototypes, but won't say who or why.

I know who has the game and I won't say who. But I will say why. I refuse to tell anyone because we don't need emotional folks that lost their money trying to come steal it. As for why someone has the game, it was for analysis of the software task to complete it. No one here needs to know more about the whereabouts of the game. As long as jpop is ok with where it's at, it's no one else's concern.

And for anyone that thinks they have part ownership in the game because they paid for *a* game I can only say that you don't. You didn't buy stock in Jpop's company and assets. You bought a promise of making and shipping you a completed game. That gives you no rights to the rest of the company assets. Sure you can sue to get to get something, but then jpop will just sell his assets to cover legal fees. In this regard, we are all screwed.

#14694 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There will always be assholes on the internet that take a little joy in rubbing someone's face in a mistake, but if you can't handle that and let it roll off your back, I might suggest that you aren't mature enough for an open communication forum.

I find myself constantly reading your posts in a "Mr. Wolf" tone. Is that wrong ?

#14695 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I find myself constantly reading your posts in a "Mr. Wolf" tone. Is that wrong ?

Winston Wolf is my favorite character, which is funny because I'm nothing like Harvey Keitel physically. If he and I did a remake of Twins, I would be the Danny Devito character.

I speak fluent hillbilly as well, so we are better off if you continue with the Mr. Wolf voice in your head.

#14696 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Simple; "American Greed"

#14697 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

As for why someone has the game, it was for analysis of the software task to complete it.

Are you a developer?

#14698 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I know who has the game and I won't say who. But I will say why. I refuse to tell anyone because we don't need emotional folks that lost their money trying to come steal it.

I take exception with the implementation that any of the Zidware customers who were defrauded are somehow potential thieves.

Quoted from markmon:

we don't need emotional folks that lost their money trying to come steal it.

image.jpg

#14699 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hand drawn art couldn't run through the license process.

Interesting change of perspective now that you see the other side of the coin. Before having to deal with licensing at a granular level you were pretty gung-ho about being able to do what you wanted and still be "within the confines of the license".

#14700 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

And for anyone that thinks they have part ownership in the game because they paid for *a* game I can only say that you don't. You didn't buy stock in Jpop's company and assets. You bought a promise of making and shipping you a completed game. That gives you no rights to the rest of the company assets. Sure you can sue to get to get something, but then jpop will just sell his assets to cover legal fees. In this regard, we are all screwed.

May I kindly suggest that you just stick to things that you actually know something about?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Goodyear, AZ
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside