(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 491.
#14601 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

That is the worst case financial scenario, but not the only possible scenario. There are also other very good reasons to do this, such as finding out exactly what happened, forcing Jpop to face the music, and getting justice. Not doing this would allow Jpop to get away with it, and that ain't happening! It would also warn off other potential pinball crooks.
Moreover, if Mr John A Popadiuk hasn't properly organised his accounts, he could go to prison for fraud +/- tax evasion, and/or lose his personal assets such as his house. It would be nice to see him lose HIS shirt, given that he has no qualms about stealing one million dollars from us. Has he ever even apologised? This is the sort of thing that upsets people, and motivates them to lawyer up. I've lost $20,450, and frankly can live with losing another $500, no problem.

I agree but I think what Sean was saying is why should he or any one else join the lawsuit? As long as there are several already doing this John is not getting away with it. He's going to have to face the music. So what 's the benefit in having another few or another dozen or several dozen more join the lawsuit? I know the lawyer would like that but what's the point?

#14603 8 years ago

Smart move to pull the plug Bill. Way too much design remaining. Heck of an effort to organize a possible rescue, but it won't have paid off. Your quick evaluation and decision brings closure to the dream. Anybody left in the game who still expects to receive one of these games, may have dropped acid once too many times.

#14604 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

So does Bill, Jpop, and several other owners too.
As bad as you want it to be it's not a conspiracy
Btw the one at the show was not one of the three.Those three are still at Zidware as far as I know.

In fact, I'm so sick of this priveledged behind the scenes crap. You've been doing this "I know something you don't know" thing for months. Well you did know something we didn't know, for years. That the machines were a disaster and the whole thing was a scam. People counted on those who were allowed in the shop to be doing due diligence and have a real idea what was happening in there, and the damn games didn't even have ramps after 4 years. Yet it was okay to let everybody believe everything was going swimmingly.

I'll start trusting you and Brandes and whoever else is in your crew once they start talking instead of lurking off into the shadows and keeping silent.

#14605 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I agree but I think what Sean was saying is why should he or any one else join the lawsuit? As long as there are several already doing this John is not getting away with it. He's going to have to face the music. So what 's the benefit in having another few or another dozen or several dozen more join the lawsuit? I know the lawyer would like that but what's the point?

That's a fair point.

Although hopefully the attorney is more motivated to work at this with more clients.

#14606 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

In fact, I'm so sick of this priveledged behind the scenes crap. You've been doing this "I know something you don't know" thing for months. Now because you helped get the pin to the show, you have all these people patting you on the back and telling you what a superstar you are for helping out. Well you did know something we didn't know, for years. That the machines were a disaster and the whole thing was a scam. People counted on those who were allowed in the shop to be doing due diligence and have a real idea what was happening in there, and the damn games didn't even have ramps after 4 years. Yet you let everybody believe everything was going swimmingly. Well I'm at least going to have the balls to say you are as much a charlatan as John, and god knows what reason you had to keep the information to yourself but I'm guessing it's because you're so buddy buddy with that sociopath Popadiuk that you're going to look after yourself. You've already shown you're not looking out for anybody else.
I'll start trusting you and Brandes and whoever else is in your crew once they start talking instead of lurking off into the shadows and keeping silent.

Sorry the situation is stressing you out bro.

#14607 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Btw the one at the show was not one of the three.
Those three are still at Zidware as far as I know.

say what?? So now there are four not three prototypes? hmm, I do recall talk of more than three ramp sets being made, but this is the first I recall hearing there are four prototypes in varies stages of construction.

#14608 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

say what?? So now there are four not three prototypes? hmm, I do recall talk of more than three ramp sets being made, but this is the first I recall hearing there are four prototypes in varies stages of construction.

From the sounds of it, there is a lot we don't know. And certain people are going to benefit from that.

#14609 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Burning it is a fate too good for this game. I would like to see the game end up at the PHOF, completely not working with a plaque that has John Popadiuk's name on it. There could be a little sheet with a brief history of the game printed on it.
It should sit there as an example of everything wrong with this hobby so everyone who doesn't know the story learns it, and everyone that does know the story never forgets.

I here you Chris but I don't think the Pinball Hall of Fame is any place for this disaster although I get that sentiment too. Maybe a Hall of Shame

Think how epic it would be if we all took it out to the desert, brought a bbq grill, beer, cigars etc and lit that thing up "burning man" style.

We would have one of the greatest pinball videos in history! I want to destroy something here, like John did

#14610 8 years ago

I think all the prototypes and/or artwork e.t.c. should be auctioned off to some of the high end collectors who collect weird and/or very rare stuff (most of you know some of the people I'm referring too) and all owners who got shafted could split it. Then again, just seems like more of a pipe dream...

#14611 8 years ago

It's good to know that people can move forward with their lawsuits and do something to try and recover some money, but I'm still so bummed out about how this all ended. I know it was over a long time ago, but I really hoped that that last hail mary would connect and that at least some people would ultimately see games delivered. Dang.

Good luck to everyone looking to collect some money. I really hope there's some success to be had. It's going to get even uglier from here.

#14612 8 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I think all the games should be auctioned off to some of the high end collectors who collect weird and/or very rare stuff (most of you know some of the people I'm referring too) and all owners who got shafted could split it but then again, just seems like more of a pipe dream...

Vendors would be first in line for any money left (I think). Buyers get sloppy (nothing) seconds.

#14613 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I here you Chris but I don't think the Pinball Hall of Fame is any place for this disaster although I get that sentiment too. Maybe a Hall of Shame
Think how epic it would be if we all took it out to the desert, brought a bbq grill, beer, cigars etc and lit that thing up "burning man" style.
We would have one of the greatest pinball videos in history! I want to destroy something here, like John did

Even better, turn it into a fully functioning grill for the event.

#14614 8 years ago

Screw it!

I'm just gonna get in the custom T-Shirt business. Simply send a check for $50 along with the total amount you gave John and I'll whip out one of these shirts for you.

Pre-order now! Only 16 will be made! (or maybe 20, or maybe 50, or maybe I'll even announce a few more shirt designs all together!)

t-shirt.jpgt-shirt.jpg
#14615 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

It's not for the money, Ice. Like you and your large house, I don't need the money. There are other, excellent, more important reasons for doing this

Paging Zane D. Smith, the attention is squarely on you now my man.

Time to earn you retainer $$$

Does anybody know the answer date deadline for Johnny?

This ought to be interesting now, I wonder if Zane D. even has a clue what he has stepped off into

#14616 8 years ago

When fattrain fails to deliver the shirt, I'll bail the project out.

#14617 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

When fattrain fails to deliver the shirt, I'll bail the project out.

Make sure you take the prototype shirt to Canada for development.

#14618 8 years ago

One thing pintasia efforts did was get john comfortable enough to send the email saying there was no money left and was basically done vs non stop "soon" bs. So good for closure / legal efforts. Without them trying, it would of prob gone on like it was or worse gotten more money from people.

#14619 8 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Screw it!
I'm just gonna get in the custom T-Shirt business. Simply send a check for $50 along with the total amount you gave John and I'll whip out one of these shirts for you.
Pre-order now! Only 16 will be made! (or maybe 20, or maybe 50, or maybe I'll even announce a few more shirt designs all together!)

t-shirt.jpg

I've seen these shirts and can attest they're 95 percent done. Nothing to worry about.

#14620 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Thanks again for all your support and patience.

Thank you for trying !

LTG : )

#14621 8 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

I've seen these shirts and can attest they're 95 percent done. Nothing to worry about.

Look, everybody who visits that screen printer comes away a believer. You need to wake up and realize that the last 5% isn't going to happen.

#14622 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But you know who does.

Yes so do I but I wouldn't be telling anyone who hasn't. Not fair what could happen to that person. The person who has it is absolutely not keeping it so no worries. I know how concerned you are this gets back to jpop asap.

You could volunteer to pay the sti bill maybe. Deal?

The motivation to not have zidware pay sti and get it out to the NW show asap was obvious. Now the project is dead who wants to let jpop not have to be financially responsible for even more? Definitely not me. He's paying for shipping to get it back. The end. I suppose he could drive and get it. If bankruptcy demands it gets sent back they will pay for it. No one is holding it hostage. It's poison. I wouldn't want it for sure.

Stop implying pdxmonkey is somehow scamming to keep it. That's getting old and offensive.

#14624 8 years ago

So what now...document the emails...the stringing along? This is not personal it's business. I have a lot to share, can we create a timeline?

#14625 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

So does Bill, Jpop, and several other owners too.
As bad as you want it to be it's not a conspiracy

What the hell are you talking about? "Conspiracy theories"?

It is not a conspiracy theory that at least one of the MG prototypes is not in possession of Zidware.

It is not a conspiracy theory that you know who has one of the MG prototypes, but won't say who or why.

It is not a conspiracy theory that you said this in response to my statement that the MG proto should go back to Zidware:

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Soon as Zidware floats the bill for STI.

It is not a conspiracy theory that Zidware didn't pay a dime to STI to get the MG Prototype to the NW show.

It is not a conspiracy theory that we were told that the MG prototype was on loan and still belonged to Zidware.

It is not a conspiracy theory to say that if the MG prototype is not returned to Zidware, it could possibly cause legal trouble for those in possession of it at some point.

Stop being so defensive. I know you did a lot to get MG to the show and I understand being disappointed and even pissed at this point, but don't go around making bold comments inferring that you or whoever has the MG proto isn't giving it back to Zidware until the transportation is paid for (unless that was part of the agreement that you had when Zidware agreed to let Pintasia borrow it).

#14626 8 years ago

Good lord. I don't have time for people who aren't capable of being remotely reasonable.

#14627 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What the hell are you talking about? "Conspiracy theories"?
It is not a conspiracy theory that at least one of the MG prototypes is not in possession of Zidware.
It is not a conspiracy theory that you know who has one of the MG prototypes, but won't say who or why.
It is not a conspiracy theory that you said this in response to my statement that the MG proto should go back to Zidware:

It is not a conspiracy theory that Zidware didn't pay a dime to STI to get the MG Prototype to the NW show.
It is not a conspiracy theory that we were told that the MG prototype was on loan and still belonged to Zidware.
It is not a conspiracy theory to say that if the MG prototype is not returned to Zidware, it could possibly cause legal trouble for those in possession of it at some point.
Stop being so defensive. I know you did a lot to get MG to the show and I understand being disappointed and even pissed at this point, but don't go around making bold comments inferring that you or whoever has the MG proto isn't giving it back to Zidware until the transportation is paid for (unless that was part of the agreement that you had when Zidware agreed to let Pintasia borrow it).

You asking that game gets sent back means nothing.

Zidware hasn't asked yet neither has the court those on the other hand matter.

#14628 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

First and foremost, I would like to express my deep gratitude to everyone who dedicated their time and effort to help bring Magic Girl to light. Without everyone's effort this would not have been possible.
I would also like to personally thank everyone who believed and supported me in this endeavor.
After working and speaking with a lot of you, who know pinball development inside and out, and finally getting an opportunity to see how far along Magic Girl really is, I have decided that it is not worth my effort or finances to move this to completion.
Despite the fact that I'm not going to continue with MG, I do not regret the investment I have made as I hold the friendships cultivated at a much higher value.
Thanks again for all your support and patience.
Best regards,
Bill

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is walk away from something you want to save. But at the end of the day the problems here weren't your doing and the enormous amount of energy needed to correct them could be better spent elsewhere. The effort you and the many who rallied around you put forth to get all of this madness out in the open is certainly respectable.

It was great to meet you and many of those who worked their asses off to get the game to the show this weekend. Not to mention those who put time into the game over the years who were also at the show. This weekend really did allow a lot of those hurt by the Zidware experience the opportunity to talk and have a little community.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#14629 8 years ago

Haha, so Pintasia foots the bill to get it to a show for their own business purposes, but then says John will get it back when he pays the STI bill himself, even though having the machine attend the show was not for Zidware business. What kind of dog and pony show is this? It just doesn't even make sense at this point what you guys are up to. That's why people are digging at you and asking questions. Because a machine (one of four? I think?) that represents $1M of pre-order money went missing and a bunch of sly foxes won't say where it is. They won't say what they're doing with it. They say Zidware is dead and JPop is a bad guy so why give it back to him. Pintasia has stated that they are not taking this pin into production, so which "volunteer" now has the right to work on it? Until the assets are legally sorted out, you all look like pirates burying booty.

#14630 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If it means nothing, why did you get worked up enough to respond with your ridiculous post about having Zidware foot the bill to ship it back?

Did Zidware foot the bill to have it shipped to the NW?

Did you and/or Pintasia have some type of agreement with regarding to shipping it back to Zidware after the show? Or did you just think it would never have to go back? Or did you put any thought into it at all, one way or the other?

What did you think was going to happen? What did you base it on?

Do you think that whoever has it now can just keep it until someone pays to have it shipped back to Zidware? Who do you think has the responsibility to get it back to Zidware? Anyone?

#14631 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Holy hell. This actually makes some sense. Jim had one, right? But it had no playfield art. No way anyone stripped everything off of it (and I'm sure keeping an original whitewood would have some appeal from a "lookie here" perspective). Perhaps the one everyone saw was actually the whitewood jim had, with art applied via sticker print (hence the ripples) and the other three are still there but far less along?

Hey, how about one of you insiders actually tell us what the deal is so we can stop speculating? I mean, what's the benefit of keeping it a secret anymore? Inquiring minds and what not...

#14632 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Oh never mind, you are pirates burying booty. My mistake, saying none of this makes sense. It's exactly what it looks like.

#14633 8 years ago

The 3 MG's seen in the Adobe video were mockups to look good on camera (more BS smoke & mirrors) So scratch those off your list.

If MG was that incomplete, there's probably only 1 prototype, at least in anything resembling a playable condition.

#14634 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The 3 MG's seen in the Adobe video were mockups to look good on camera (more BS smoke & mirrors) So scratch those off your list.

No, they weren't. They existed long before adobe ever came by to shoot a video. They weren't done. Couldn't be made whole without serious rework due to fitment issues, but they weren't just mockups for that stupid video.

#14635 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If MG was that incomplete, there's probably only 1 prototype, at least in anything resembling a playable condition.

Probably true, but the mockups have subjective value for certain people. This is another thing pdxmonkey would easily be able to clear up, since he would know exactly what they are (and could have revealed ages ago).

#14636 8 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

This would make one hell of a documentary.

It would be a most interesting sequel to "Tilt! The Battle to save Pinball".

#14637 8 years ago

Can they be played? No? Mockup.

#14638 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Guy's we licensed the games and have borrowed the one MG to finish the damn thing that he seemingly could not finish himself. Once the game is finished we will all be able to see if its even worth making, and like Aurich said, shoots well. That wasn't gonna happen with John and in a locked building with blinds closed. The other huge step is to cross reference what John says is BOM to a factual one which I have the best of the best that are willing to help analyze when complete. At the end of the day, the customers, like myself, will have one more "complete asset" to sell if it proves to be not worth building. The machine is "on loan", this is how I look at it and it will be returned to all of us when and if I get it complete. It would be ultimately stupid of me to spend more capital let alone time building something so toxic no one wants to purchase. In the end it will be well over a 6 figure digit to get it complete and worst case scenario there is at least one complete Magic Girl that will be split with everyone that he owes.

Once again re posting for those who missed it the first time.

#14639 8 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Too much purple.

#14640 8 years ago

Now that the what ifs are answered I'm looking forward to seeing people make JPops life difficult to the fullest extent of the law.

#14641 8 years ago

I really couldn't care less what happens to the MG proto, or who keeps it. But wherever it ends up I hope someone is opening their wallet to keep it, and that the money (as well as anything else that can be sold) can be used to try and help all the vendors that John screwed first, and divided up amongst the owners second if there's anything left.

I will say that these coy games from the "insiders" are disappointing though. Apparently this whole thing will die just like it started, with secrets and bullshit. Nothing learned.

#14642 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If it means nothing, why did you get worked up enough to respond with your ridiculous post about having Zidware foot the bill to ship it back?
Did Zidware foot the bill to have it shipped to the NW?
Did you and/or Pintasia have some type of agreement with regarding to shipping it back to Zidware after the show? Or did you just think it would never have to go back? Or did you put any thought into it at all, one way or the other?
What did you think was going to happen? What did you base it on?
Do you think that whoever has it now can just keep it until someone pays to have it shipped back to Zidware? Who do you think has the responsibility to get it back to Zidware? Anyone?

Rob - this isn't worth fighting with PDX over, is it? And why would he know the answers and why does he own them to you, personally? John asked me to put him in touch with Michelle at sTI/NAVL, they talked and he has a quote, and he intends to use that company to get it back to Illinois. The speculation, finger-pointing and accusations over stuff is crazy - you have nothing to base it on!?

#14643 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yep that's exacly my thought process at this point.

#14644 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yep that's exacly my thought process at this point.

Hey Sean, Teekee isn't as dumb as he looks

I wouldn't waste any more money

#14645 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Rob - this isn't worth fighting with PDX over, is it? And why would he know the answers and why does he own them to you, personally? John asked me to put him in touch with Michelle at sTI/NAVL, they talked and he has a quote, and he intends to use that company to get it back to Illinois. The speculation, finger-pointing and accusations over stuff is crazy - you have nothing to base it on!?

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

#14646 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I really couldn't care less what happens to the MG proto, .

Suggestion.

Next major show- bring it- set it up in the parking lot-

$100/swing with a sledge hammer, all proceeds to go to the victims fund.

#14647 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I really couldn't care less what happens to the MG proto, or who keeps it. But wherever it ends up I hope someone is opening their wallet to keep it, and that the money (as well as anything else that can be sold) can be used to try and help all the vendors that John screwed first, and divided up amongst the owners second if there's anything left.
I will say that these coy games from the "insiders" are disappointing though. Apparently this whole thing will die just like it started, with secrets and bullshit. Nothing learned.

What are you talking about Aurich what secrets and bullshit? The game is out west, John was suppose to handle getting it home regardless of an announcement being made. Sounds like he is making arrangements. You guys really need to chill. There is no conspiracy theories here just a few that would like to make it seem like there is. I re posted what I said from the beginning and nothings changed. I hope that makes everyone comfortable.

#14648 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Look, everybody who visits that screen printer comes away a believer. You need to wake up and realize that the last 5% isn't going to happen.

You're right. Turns out the shirt was just a lazy rehash of some of fattrain's prior work and he was trying to capture some of his former glory. Because of this we'll be selling "I bought a Jpop scammer t-shirt and all I got was this lousy hat' hats. For an additional fee of course.

#14649 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey Sean, Teekee isn't as dumb as he looks
I wouldn't waste any more money

Well Ice unfortunately for me I am the dummy here.. for ever putting faith and trust in JPOP I have no more money to throw at this. It's been a rough year and this is the icing on the cake I guess. My hope is that maybe some of the vendors will get something out of the bankruptcy. My payment has already been recieved in the form of a very painful lesson.

#14650 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

very painful lesson

Also known as, "telling the wife"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/293 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.