(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 491.
#13951 8 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Can anyone from the show speak to the overall response/interest? For example, was there much of a line to play, maybe compared to the new JJ or Stern machines, or maybe non-at all. The #of views of the video's seem to be in proportion to this thread and pinsiders.

I was there for most of Saturday and the few times I poked my head out into the hall it was turned off and was drawing seemingly cursory interest. I gave it a good five minute once over and thought it LOOKED pretty cool. I saw the display for a few minutes in the morning before it was shut down. I didn't see a single ball play through without error though, so, whatever. I don't think I saw more than four or five people at a time (including me when I was out there) around the machine all day, but it's not like I was staking it out.

Oz had a bigger crowd around it. /boggle

EDIT: By the way, that shitty quality video on the previous page absolutely does not do the game justice.

EDIT 2: Visually that is. That game play was better than I saw it put together all day.

#13952 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I keep seeing people allude to the idea that the point of showing this proto off was to entice more - NEW - buyers to jump into this thing and pump still more money into this raging tire fire so that there might be the funds to finish it.
Is this really true? Has anybody suggested they'll be opening this up for additional pre-orders? Are they actually doing that?

Yes!

#13953 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I dunno, they keep finding new and inventive ways to damage things.
First was the insane contract that got sent out. Then there was the time spent being anonymous and mysterious for no reason at all. Then when revealed, all the damaging info about the people involved and the ignoring of questions. Then the mad dash to get the game playable and hype up the appearance at the show, but neglect to mention just how "alpha" the game was.
Basically, no one who has any idea what they're doing seems to be steering this ship and everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off. This is basically the Titanic.

Dude, you always crack me up, do you look at everything this way? A handful of others have absolutely zero positive to say or give anybody any F ing credit.

This thread has been going on a long time now and we are about at the end of the road.

Can we at least have a bit of patience to see what is announced or not in the next few weeks.

Then we can all go into crapfest mode.

Good lord, try putting a happy face on. It's not like Al Qaida has taken over pinball for crying out loud

#13954 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I dunno, they keep finding new and inventive ways to damage things.
First was the insane contract that got sent out. Then there was the time spent being anonymous and mysterious for no reason at all. Then when revealed, all the damaging info about the people involved and the ignoring of questions. Then the mad dash to get the game playable and hype up the appearance at the show, but neglect to mention just how "alpha" the game was.
Basically, no one who has any idea what they're doing seems to be steering this ship and everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off. This is basically the Titanic.

Dude, you always crack me up, do you look at everything this way? A handful of others have absolutely zero positive to say or give anybody any F ing credit.

This thread has been going on a long time now and we are about at the end of the road.

Can we at least have a bit of patience to see what is announced or not in the next few weeks.

Then we can all go into crapfest mode.

Good lord, try putting a happy face on. It's not like Al Qaida has taken over pinball for crying out loud

#13955 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So I'll say something I've stated to a few since I entered into the pinball fray. imagine what could be accomplished if all the people who love and make pinball worked together for the good of pinball?

Yeti, I hate to see you get into defensive mode, especially since you are quite admired and respected around here....step back a bit and remember the narrative for those outside the project: Money has been taken for 3 games and people are still kind of in the dark about what the endgame is here. People are allowed to be critical without getting a "Hey why don't YOU guys do something for pinball?" guilt trip. Do you know what we do for the good of pinball? We play. We collect. We restore & repair. We teach others & get others interested. We BUY....and it's the buyers who've had a party in keeping pinball alive that have been taken advantage of here. The majority of us have jobs/lives and cannot commit our lives to creating pinball...and we don't deserve to be reprimanded for that. Pinball needs creators & supporters...don't shit on the supporters, please. Creators, especially in light of recent circumstances - are not beyond critique.

Quoted from zombieyeti:

I'm seeing a lot of people discount or forget entirely the fact that without yourself and many others working with Bill - this machine would still be in parts at Zidware.

While I suppose it's commendable in theory that Bill, PDX and others are trying to do something...it still isn't really clear what that "something" is. Sure we can commend PDXMonkey for spending his money and time getting this game to the show...but that doesn't make the endgame clearer. I honestly don't know why PDXMonkey has devoted so much time and money to this. I don't know if Bill has a sustainable plan to get this game manufactured. Sorry if people aren't unanimously cheerleading - but they just went through 4 years of bullshit with a delusional maniac...forgive people's skepticism that the remaining behind-the-scenes supporters are still delusional in their goals to save this project.

Quoted from zombieyeti:

So what ever form it is in now is more than any of you deserve based on trajectory.

Oooph. Again, please step out of the bubble and have some empathy for those who've been affected by this. Remember less than 20 people have money on this game. 100+ have money on RAZA and AIW. What do they deserve? Always remember that as this experiment rolls on.

#13956 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's say a rollout like they are planning with Lawlors game. Paying for a game that is ready to ship

Thats what I have been waiting for. I will however keep waiting, and let you know through my owned pins profile.

#13957 8 years ago

Gee Greg, I didn't know you cared so much for us poor Jpop dummies!

Why is it just a "theory" that Bill and PDX are trying to help this thing?

You and I both know it's probably dead. How about a little bit of respect for the effort.

These are all good guys. There will be plenty of time to dance all over John's pinball grave.

How about a little patience? June 30th ok with you?

#13958 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeti, I hate to see you get into defensive mode, especially since you are quite admired and respected around here....step back a bit and remember the narrative for those outside the project: Money has been taken for 3 games and people are still kind of in the dark about what the endgame is here. People are allowed to be critical without getting a "Hey why don't YOU guys do something for pinball?" guilt trip. Do you know what we do for the good of pinball? We play. We collect. We restore & repair. We teach others & get others interested. We BUY....and it's the buyers who've had a party in keeping pinball alive that have been taken advantage of here. The majority of us have jobs/lives and cannot commit our lives to creating pinball...and we don't deserve to be reprimanded for that. Pinball needs creators & supporters...don't shit on the supporters, please. Creators, especially in light of recent circumstances - are not beyond critique.

While I suppose it's commendable in theory that Bill, PDX and others are trying to do something...it still isn't really clear what that "something" is. Sure we can commend PDXMonkey for spending his money and time getting this game to the show...but that doesn't make the endgame clearer. I honestly don't know why PDXMonkey has devoted so much time and money to this. I don't know if Bill has a sustainable plan to get this game manufactured. Sorry if people aren't unanimously cheerleading - but they just went through 4 years of bullshit with a delusional maniac...forgive people's skepticism that the remaining behind-the-scenes supporters are still delusional in their goals to save this project.

Oooph. Again, please step out of the bubble and have some empathy for those who've been affected by this. Remember less than 20 people have money on this game. 100+ have money on RAZA and AIW. What do they deserve? Always remember that as this experiment rolls on.

#13959 8 years ago

Ah hell. I can't stop reading this thread, so I may as well throw in 1 and a half cents.

Nope, no skin in the game. Not because I'm "smarter" or "holier than thou" about the prepay thing. I'm just less patient. I pony up my money, I want my machine now. I'm 2 years into the pins, so maybe its the newb factor. I need my fix now. I don't have quite the disposable income as some, so that may be a factor as well. But I'll get there. I certainly could see myself "prepaying" if I had 5x the income. If 9k meant the same as 2k right now, I could entertain the idea because I could have my "now" and "later". I don't see myself as having the right to judge anyone for their reasons to prepay (or their disposable income), or to be staunchly against it or anything in between. Comes off kinda "nanny nanny boo boo" no matter how you serve it up at times like these. Largely, I don't think it's intended that way, but I definitely understand it being received that way.

While I think the man is crazy, Bill definitely gets a thumbs up from me. Heck, he's doing something other than posting on pinside. Of course he doesn't have a ton of cash out there yet- would you? He isn't a charitable martyr. As someone said, he stepped in late in the game to see if this IP could be saved, regardless of his motivation, he is trying to move it forward. If he's doing it to see if he can make a buck, who cares? Its not charity. He certainly doesn't see "a gold mine no one else can see", so he has to be partially doing it because of pinball or the people in the shitter with him as Zidware customers? But at the same time, no way should he (I wouldn't, nor would you) start shelling out money to buy Zidware or assume the debt to the vendors... blah blah (I totally agree their best bet is getting this done as I am not hating, I hope they get paid, but that's all Bill right now- they know this). IF he came to the conclusion that he could operate in the black eventually, maybe he would/will, but that's for the man who is actually doing something to decide. I would doubt it after the bulk of the comments from this weekend. Not a ton of public support for the effort. I mean, cmon, what did anyone expect? There was plenty of upfrontness from the guys that it was going to be a flipping work in progress and they just wanted to show some effort. Machine not near done. But it was "to the show come hell or high water". They got that done. And have taken a ton of grief over it. I think they delivered exactly what they said they would, and that's a HUGE positive. Lot of teamwork from people here to get that done. Pretty awesome to see folks pull together for any reason.

And hey, if you have skin in the game, do what you and your family think is best. Just make your own decision for your own reasons. Don't be swayed by peoples opinions. Go with the gut. Sue if ya gotta sue. Clock is definitely ticking. I would in my situation, but it is not my place to tell you what you should do in your unique situation. Throw more money at it if Bill comes back with a business model or proposal. Or don't. It's up to you. I can't imagine having money on the line, because my "opinion" sways with the wind when I'm reading this. "Give him a chance...." "Sue that bastard before the money is gone..." and back and forth..... I cant even fathom what it must be like to have $$ on the line. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Go with the gut.

#13960 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbleboopie:

I guess I was alone in wanting to see one new feature revealed in the game. One. Just one.
How is it possible John did nothing "inventive" this entire time? If the ball floated I'd be like 'freaking fannn tastic' cuz honestly, at least he did something mechanically. Price aside, I don't care what run of the mill code and ramps you put on the playfield, if you spent half a million dollars and didn't successfully prototype one piece of hardware then jail time. That is all.

I know making a pinball machine is expensive, but I am really confused as to where the money went. If this prototype was filled with a bunch of unique features and toys, I could undertand how you'd blow through all that money. But it's pretty bare bones.

Then throw in the fact that he wasn't paying for the programming, wasn't paying for the artwork, and wasn't paying other vendors. Was he just paying himself a 6-figure salary to sit around and play arts and crafts a few hours a week?

#13961 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

You guys are saying this like they had any time to do so. I'd be willing to bet a lot of the guys who helped to get this thing up and running for the show never fully had a chance to play or understand it themselves... so what makes you guys think they had time to setup an HD camera and explain all the shots?
Seriously folks, lets be at least a little realistic..
Pinside has turned this into a real "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenerio. It's a real shame.

Correction: John Popadiuk has turned this into a real "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario.

#13965 8 years ago

Am I reading the same thread as everyone else? I don't feel the tone of posts are being negative to the new "minions", the negativity is still pointing to Jpop as it should. People paid and expect something tangible in return, like a pinball machine in their home.

#13966 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ever see the movie "Tucker"? There's a scene in that where they're showing the prototype for the first time, and it won't run and has no suspension. They barely squeak through the showing - for that at least they could just put it on the stage to look pretty.

Magic Girl unfortunately doesn't have that luxury - it represents $1 million of people's money, so yeah, people have some pretty lofty expectations. Also, the teams who busted their ass to get it ready really hyped it up, like once people saw and played it, they'd understand it was worth the wait. That was a bad decision in a long string of bad decisions dating back to the beginning.

I think people have gotten a lot of credit - Zombie Yeti hasn't stopped getting constant compliments since he showed up for one, and tons of people have thanked the volunteers. But let's face it, that midnight oil burning wasn't enough - this game needed to WOW people, and someone should have realized at some point that was basically asking the impossible.

I'm not even the worst nay-sayer here. I've been pretty quiet since the game left Chicago. Answer me this - does what they have at the show represent the kernel of a $16,000 game to you? That's really asking a lot, and from my perspective the people running this aren't making good decisions so far.

#13967 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I know making a pinball machine is expensive, but I am really confused as to where the money went. If this prototype was filled with a bunch of unique features and toys, I could undertand how you'd blow through all that money. But it's pretty bare bones.
Then throw in the fact that he wasn't paying for the programming, wasn't paying for the artwork, and wasn't paying other vendors. Was he just paying himself a 6-figure salary to sit around and play arts and crafts a few hours a week?

No, he *stopped* paying the artists, vendors, etc. It's pretty apparent for the first few years he was paying people.

#13968 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What you saw here was a PROTOTYPE and still at concept stage.
Sorry it wasn't a polished gem.
Many changes will be made, be interesting to note the changes in the future.
Btw ramp was hit many times.
I watch a young gentleman hit it three times in a row.

I'm glad you took it to the show. Kudos for your efforts.

As far as the single ramp shot goes... I'm amazed *anyone* could hit it as it seems to have some awful rotating "impediment"
almost directly in front of the entrance. I know these things are supposed to add a random element to the gameplay but I never liked the lamp either in TOTAN. I assume some people must like smacking the ball into these things but it just seems like a lazy way to put more junk on the PF...

If it had another ramp shot maybe this would be ok but that impediment, magical as it must be, is a turn off (IMHO)

#13969 8 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Am I reading the same thread as everyone else? I don't feel the tone of posts are being negative to the new "minions", the negativity is still pointing to Jpop as it should. People paid and expect something tangible in return, like a pinball machine in there home.

You obviously arent reading it all.

Yes we went through Woz together and somehow came out with a pin.

Like Yeti though, there are too many people that can ruin the entire experience with their nonstop BS.

I wonder if there is one person who up voted Greg on that post that actually has a dime at stake. Doesn't really matter.

It's all the garbage that will drive Bill, Yeti and others like myself from ever trying to do anything pinball related.

Yep, I was considering it with a great group of guys but don't think so now.

Why people can't use a little basic common sense is beyond me.

Does anybody here really think Bill is knocking over the pinball Fort Knox! Come on. He's blown $$$ in an attempt to do something fun. He doesn't need the $$ and why he wants the headache is beyond me.

Pettiness and jealousy are sad traits

Doesn't really matter, this thread has about run its long course now. Especially when you see guys like Yeti get frustrated.

F ing ridiculous

#13970 8 years ago

Will Zidware go bankrupt?

Who owns the IP if Zidware goes belly up?

Will John Popadiuk be a paid consultant for Pinasia?

Will depositors have to sign off on their right of litigation for x years? Can they even do that?

How many thousands of dollars more will RAZA and AIW depositors have to foot to get in on MG?

Who's doing the MG software?

Who's finishing the MG hardware?

Who will be the MG manufacturer?

What is the MG timeline? How many years more until I receive my game?

What after-sale support will there be for MG depositors?

What are the chances that RAZA and AIW will never be produced?

Are there any refunds if I want out?

#13971 8 years ago

How many times do we have to say it won't be 16k!

It was a noble effort and now it's over.

Everybody happy?

If you think you are getting legal resolution and answers tomorrow think again.

Time to close this thread? Yes or no?

Up vote is a yes

#13972 8 years ago

We need some place to discuss. We need some place to vent about john Popadiuk robbing us. This thread holds the history , good and bad , and if there is a resolution I would like to see it here. Ymmv. But if we close it another will open in its place.

#13973 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Time to close this thread? Yes or no?

Up vote is a yes

At least this disaster is contained to one thread. Killing this thread will create tons of new threads competing for attention, half of which will get out of control and killed by moderators. Keeping it as one big, contained tire fire is the best idea.

#13974 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's all the garbage that will drive Bill, Yeti and others like myself from ever trying to do anything pinball related.

The tone I was getting from the posts was that most people think the game is extremely underwhelming in its current state, which given that it's even more alpha than anyone was letting on, makes sense.

Yet somehow because people aren't shooting rainbows up everyone's asses, you're going to take your ball and go home? I think if people are going to be in this game, they need to take criticism. Quite a bit of it very constructive, like maybe shoot a high quality video before the show opens, get out front on the narrative. Or change the lighting to be more flattering to the artwork. I don't see those comments as shitting on anyone.

I won't get into ZY's blowup. It sounds like he's going through a tough personal time so I wouldn't take anything he's saying as gospel.

I commend the guys who busted ass on the game to get it to even this state, they're definitely the true believers. But it's the true believers who had blinders on and got taken by Popaduik the slick snake oil salesman in the first place. The true believers are always the easiest marks. It's healthy to be skeptical.

#13975 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Context is your friend.

Read what I said and who I said it to. Empathy has been given in spades by bill and the rest - the end game is to make people whole on ALL games. The goal is the OWNERS of these machines.

I made it clear that any of my profit sharing in the long run (based on previous contracts and licensing) would be given and split to all buyers to incentivize the larger run on MG to make it more plausible. I don't give a shit about profit and neither do the players bringing this closer to a finish line.

The ENTIRE goal is to get games made and delivered to the owners... This was the first step - get MG together and see where it stands. Somewhere that's been lost and the people without skin in this just keep pissing on it. Don't defend them as victims - no skin - they are offering NO solutions.

If anyone here thinks I'm being unfair by trying to help and defending & offering support those trying to work out a plausible deal, fine - 'like that's you're opinion, man'

I've said endlessly how thankful I am for the kind words and support - it's been eye opening... But the past few weeks here trying to pop in and add perspective and levity has done nothing but whittle away at my enjoyment of this venue and my hope in the human race.

A little reminder - and clarity will come soon: John is not the one who will benefit here - his name is mud.

This ride was far worse and far more stressful from the inside - trust me on that. I'm not trying to compare to those with money wrapped up here. And I hope the level headed minds understand my frustration and dont take it personal. I'm done here on pinside - I'm not used to working in a vacuum, I'm a team player - but I've also never been successful surrounding myself with negativity and petty attacks. This isn't about critiques it's about optimism.

Anyone who actually knows me or my approach to my work could have seen this a mile away I'm sure.

Life is bigger than this situation - go hug your loved ones and step away. That's what I'm doing

I wish nothing but the best for all.
Thanks - it's been real! ZY

#13976 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The tone I was getting from the posts was that most people think the game is extremely underwhelming in its current state, which given that it's even more alpha than anyone was letting on, makes sense.
Yet somehow because people aren't shooting rainbows up everyone's asses, you're going to take your ball and go home? I think if people are going to be in this game, they need to take criticism. Quite a bit of it very constructive, like maybe shoot a high quality video before the show opens, get out front on the narrative. Or change the lighting to be more flattering to the artwork. I don't see those comments as shitting on anyone.
I won't get into ZY's blowup. It sounds like he's going through a tough personal time so I wouldn't take anything he's saying as gospel.
I commend the guys who busted ass on the game to get it to even this state, they're definitely the true believers. But it's the true believers who had blinders on and got taken by Popaduik the slick snake oil salesman in the first place. The true believers are always the easiest marks. It's healthy to be skeptical.

I agree, not sure what up ZY's butt. People seem to love his art on the game, but the gameplay let's face it sucks (I said it). I'm not sure if ZI has ever played any pinball games (seriously) a lot of people have not, I meet people every day who have not played a pin in 20+ years, so if he thinks this prototype looks like it is a winner, I don't know what to say. Plus he's not responsible for the state of the game, just let your work shine and play up John being the jerk that's better than lashing out at negative reviews of the gameplay, especially and until I see some good gmae play video and ramp shots, heck the ball has a hard time making it out of the shooter lane.

ZI gets all up on his high horse. If I were him, I'd be trying to distance myself as much as possible from John (and Zidware because as it stands its deader than fried chicken to quote 'Pulp Fiction').

Like I said like lots of people said, shoot a video, if you can't make a video (that's under your control) you don't have to show it breaking down 75 times or that the ball doesn't make the ramp shot except one time out of 20. You can shoot 2 hrs and show the best 2 minutes its under your control. Shoot a video of the game playing not breaking down and then you have something to crow about. Right now there is nothing to crow about. If it's impossible to make a video, good lord don't bring it to a show.

I must have said it 5 times already, put your best foot forward. If the pin is breaking down every 3 minutes or is off half the day, that shows me its not ready to be shown. It was obviously rushed out the door to the show, what reason?

I'd rather hear it said, John ducked it up so its not possible for it to be shown in a working form. That would be better than to have it at the show and it's broken down half the time and no one can make the ramp shot, oh I forgot someone did with their hand, so ZY thinks that's acceptable and everyone should bow down to MG as being the best game of all time?

Finally, I will say go look at Wooly thread, see that game, then look at this game. Tell me they are in the same league? They're not even the same sport. Wolly is a true playable game/prototype. MG is a pretty object that is not remotely playable in its current state.

#13977 8 years ago

Post away. Contain the damage to this one thread. Good, bad and ugly. Great point

Just need the mods to eject Lowepg . Jk

It will be over soon enough and at least we will have a 15k post documentary to look back on

#13978 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gee Greg, I didn't know you cared so much for us poor Jpop dummies!
Why is it just a "theory" that Bill and PDX are trying to help this thing?
You and I both know it's probably dead. How about a little bit of respect for the effort.
These are all good guys. There will be plenty of time to dance all over John's pinball grave.
How about a little patience? June 30th ok with you?

You completely misread what I said. Let me clarify.

I didn't say it was a "theory" that they are helping. I said it's "commendable in theory". That means I respect the amount of time and money they're putting into this project...however, it's still completely unclear that it's salvageable...and it's completely unclear that the 100's of customers in on the other games will get their money back. PDX & Bill's endgame is unclear. The motives for bringing the game to the show are unclear. So, I could cheerlead ...but if goals aren't attainable, what good would my cheerleading do? If there was absolute clarity that this thing IS salvageable and all could be made whole...I'd be cheerleading like crazy - but c'mon Ice, give me a little credit...based on our forum-fights about this project over the past few years, who saw it clearly from the start? I've been a voice of reason and logic...consistently. That's what I'm still bringing to the table here.

I've always been on the side of the customers here....that's where I still am.

Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, I was considering it with a great group of guys but don't think so now.

My request to those who are still believing in this project - please thicken your skin. Remember who the real victims are...it's not you. Criticism won't stop till a clear plan is presented. Enough of the "screw you guys, I'm goin' home" attitude. Enough with these threats...you're only hurting those with money in limbo by playing the victim card. If you have a REAL PLAN...your success will be proof enough and you can tell me to go F myself then....and I gladly will if it results in all the customers getting what belongs to them.

#13979 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Wow. This sums up the last 1000 posts well. If we all were more skeptical, John would have never gotten money and moved into his current office.

On the 100k Bill spent. I see this as Bill probably has his travel and time in this. All three wages and time of his team as well. I'm surprised the figure isn't a little higher

#13980 8 years ago

The people who keep saying what's the rush to bring it to the show are the same people who said there is no game, there is no code - there is nothing there. I think the game was brought to show people where things are now. People asked for the transparency that john didn't give and now we have it. Skilled people have seen it and worked on it and now can help figure out how to move forward. The reveal also has convinced a few people to hold off from suing which was one of the reasons it was rushed out.

I think what yeti is saying is what is with the anger and negativity towards people not named jpop? A few guys are trying to see if they can make this thing work out. They acknowledge that it isn't going to be easy to do, but at the very least, their efforts have shown us where things stand now. Things aren't good, but it is not the fault of the guys who are currently working with the hope of making a go of it.

#13981 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This is what I took away from it. The game is in what I would refer to as a "proof of concept", which is polite way of saying, "we want to see if you would be willing to fork out money for this thing."

Anyone who thinks the game is close to being handed off for production...it isn't. Not even close. The only thing that could possibly be moved straight into production is the cabinet, which is probably the single most awesome thing there is.

#13982 8 years ago

This game is dead. Period. Don't try to tell me Pintasia is just trying to help by getting you something over nothing. How are they helping? By reselling you the game again
essentially by raising the price and forcing you to pay for johns losses. dont be fooled.

#13983 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes we went through Woz together and somehow came out with a pin.

I went through the WOZEL thing by myself as far as I am concerned. My situation is mine. No regrets on doing it either.

#13984 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does anybody here really think Bill is knocking over the pinball Fort Knox! Come on. He's blown $$$ in an attempt to do something fun.

You know this for certain why?

Quoted from iceman44:

He doesn't need the $$ and why he wants the headache is beyond me.

I'm not being negative, I'm honestly asking how you know these things.

#13985 8 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I went through the WOZEL thing by myself as far as I am concerned. My situation is mine. No regrets on doing it either.

Move on then. Adios

#13986 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I'm not being negative, I'm honestly asking how you know these things.

Seriously, this is making me laugh out loud!

You really can't figure out the profitability of this fiasco at this point. Wow

#13987 8 years ago

I'm a little late to the party.....please tell me that the Zidware pinball design school is still a going concern. I want to sign up

#13988 8 years ago

BS Greg, you implied that Bill has some kind of ulterior motives.

When you think about it. How F ing dumb is that!

I'll see you at the TBL funeral. I'm happy for you that you predicted this but here's mine. Adios TBL

#13989 8 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

The people who keep saying what's the rush to bring it to the show are the same people who said there is no game, there is no code - there is nothing there. I think the game was brought to show people where things are now. People asked for the transparency that john didn't give and now we have it. Skilled people have seen it and worked on it and now can help figure out how to move forward. The reveal also has convinced a few people to hold off from suing which was one of the reasons it was rushed out.
I think what yeti is saying is what is with the anger and negativity towards people not named jpop? A few guys are trying to see if they can make this thing work out. They acknowledge that it isn't going to be easy to do, but at the very least, their efforts have shown us where things stand now. Things aren't good, but it is not the fault of the guys who are currently working with the hope of making a go of it.

I think this proves even more that there was in fact no game, no code, no working ramps not working mechinisms. The game is a shell, John couldn't post that on a video of this so he didn't. John couldn't bring that to a show so he didn't. John is a fruit loop but he knows enough not to show a 50% working game.

#13990 8 years ago

I do not have money invested in any of the 3 pins. Saying that, people like myself are very interested in seeing what happens with MG. I like what I see from a potential standpoint based on the prototype stage it's in.

If it ever gets to production and plays as good as it looks, I'd purchase it for roughly $8k or so. If it helped make people already invested whole, I'd gladly pay an extra $1k.

Not sure if it's in the works to make more pins than necessary though to satisfy original investors.

#13991 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Move on then. Adios

That was not a knock on you my friend. I consider my decisions mine, as well as the consequences. Sorry to ruffle your feathers.

#13992 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BS Greg, you implied that Bill has some kind of ulterior motives.
When you think about it. How F ing dumb is that!

Holy crap dude, would you STOP misquoting me!?! I never said he had ulterior motives...I said I didn't understand the motives for bringing it to this show! Was it just to show that the game was away from John's hands? Was it to get new sales? I honestly don't know what purpose the game being at the show was. I think it's COOL - as a spectator - but what does it accomplish in the big picture? That's all I was saying.

Quoted from iceman44:

I'll see you at the TBL funeral. I'm happy for you that you predicted this but here's mine. Adios TBL

Wow, now just flat out wishing me (and others) ill? F you, dude...I've never come at you like that with the Zidware games.

Thankfully your predictions are always wrong.

#13993 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think this proves even more that there was in fact no game, no code, no working ramps not working mechinisms. The game is a shell, John couldn't post that on a video of this so he didn't. John couldn't bring that to a show so he didn't. John is a fruit loop but he knows enough not to show a 50% working game.

Tell us something you haven't posted 1000 times! Wtf man, you got your refund. Congrats

Can't move on syndrome. Looky Lou?

You have nothing to sue for now right? So this is why it's non stop over and over again?

#13994 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Holy crap dude, would you STOP misquoting me!?! I never said he had ulterior motives...I said I didn't understand the motives for bringing it to this show! Was it just to show that the game was away from John's hands? Was it to get new sales? I honestly don't know what purpose the game being at the show was. I think it's COOL - as a spectator - but what does it accomplish in the big picture? That's all I was saying.

Wow, now just flat out wishing me (and others) ill? F you, dude...I've never come at you like that with the Zidware games.
Thankfully your predictions are always wrong.

Give me a M fing break you hypocrite!

Same deal. Good luck getting your TBL by 2020, isn't that what you said? About the same odds given what's already happened with Phil.

I hope you get yours! Hypocrite

Not with Woz dude. You crapped all over that one too for 4 yrs. I'm happy with my predictions.

#13995 8 years ago

You guys crap all over Bill, who has a shit ton of $$$, and you believe what you want with TBL and a guy that was taking money from that account to pay himself and finish BOP.

Not a pot to piss in. Good luck with that one

#13996 8 years ago

Bringing it to the show gives pre-owners some hope and might make them more patient possibly. Without JPOP they could reverse engineer the prototype, have a baseline BOM and then make adjustments with the folks who helped design game in the first place.

#13997 8 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Come on Boo, you can't reason with the one sided know it alls.

#13998 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Give me a M fing break you hypocrite!

Ugh....everyone loves it when you're in crazy drunk attack mode...

Quoted from iceman44:

Same deal. Good luck getting your TBL by 2020, isn't that what you said? About the same odds given what's already happened with Phil.

Not same deal. I said 2020 and I'm not too far off. Game still isn't done yet....so.... Phil was a minor situation, and it's over and irrelevant. TBL still had multiple fully manufactured playable protos with fully functioning toys travel THE WORLD for people to play. Tell me how it's even REMOTELY the same deal.

Quoted from iceman44:

I hope you get yours!

Can't tell if you're talking about the game or threatening me.

Drunk.

Quoted from iceman44:

Not with Woz dude. You crapped all over that one too for 4 yrs. I'm happy with my predictions.

Liar. I was IN ON WOZ as a Pre-orderer! I dropped out because I didn't like it once I played it. I'm allowed to have an opinion...that opinion doesn't = "crapping on it for 4 years". Regardless of my feelings about WOZ, I've always contended that JJP was on a COMPLETELY different level than Zidware. I always commended them for having a factory, a business plan, and employees...vs. John's business plan of not having a business plan.

#13999 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys crap all over Bill,

FFS....NO ONE IS CRAPPING ON BILL!!!!!

The Pintasia plan is not clear and people are QUESTIONING and CRITICIZING it. That is not "crapping on"...it's not personal! As far as I can tell, most people like Bill....but just can't see how this is going to work unless he presents a clearer plan.

#14000 8 years ago

I never said anything about whats the rush? I was hoping the game would be made and shipped to customers since day one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/280 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.