(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,297 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24297 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 486.
#13901 4 years ago

What you saw here was a PROTOTYPE and still at concept stage.
Sorry it wasn't a polished gem.
Many changes will be made, be interesting to note the changes in the future.

Btw ramp was hit many times.
I watch a young gentleman hit it three times in a row.

#13902 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

this is why people said make a real video and post it.

You can control the footage you reveal the game and it's shots, that's what Stern does when it reveals a game. if all we see are random people playing the game we'll draw our conclusions from that.

Nothing is stopping you guys from filming a bunch of footage and posting the good parts. Doesn't that make any sense to you guys? It was said 100 times, film some video so you can show what the game is capable of.

Put you best foot forward. Any of this ringing a bell?

Let's say the ramp can be hit and some people have hit the ramp shot as you claim. So what's the percentage one out of 50 people make a ramp shot?

#13903 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

concept stage? hmmm.

Serious question since you seem to be pretty informed on the status:

I know many folks want to think John can be completely excluded from the Pintasia project (real story, my auto-correct changed it to 'fantasia')- but with so many of the mech's/toys/etc not even present or functional, is it really feasible to complete this WITHOUT John? Its obvious he dreamed-up a lot of unusual stuff here, but it would appear much of it still isn't complete (or even understood by those other than John)?

I'm wondering if - for good or for naught- if this game is inextricably tied to Jpop....

#13904 4 years ago

PDXMonkey, thanks to you and Bill and the team for bringing this to the show. It was awesome to see in person and although the pics and vids obviously didn't do it justice, I appreciate the effort you guys put in to make it playable. It's an amazing looking game and I hope it does make it to production. I'd love to get another game in on this when it's done!!

#13905 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You can control the footage you reveal the game and it's shots, that's what Stern does when it reveals a game. if all we see are random people playing the game we'll draw our conclusions from that.
Nothing is stopping you guys from filming a bunch of footage and posting the good parts. Doesn't that make any sense to you guys? It was said 100 times, film some video so you can show what the game is capable of.
Put you best foot forward. Any of this ringing a bell?
Let's say the ramp can be hit and some people have hit the ramp shot as you claim. So what's the percentage one out of 50 people make a ramp shot?

If it were my game I'd find one of the top tourney players and ask them if you can film them playing a game to see what one of the great players can do with it. Show it off in its best light vs. filming a bunch of amateurs that can't hit a ramp shot.... Isn't Cayle G. from that area? Or even McCullough.

#13906 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If it were my game I'd find one of the top tourney players and ask them if you can film them playing a game to see what one of the great players can do with it. Show it off in its best light vs. filming a bunch of amateurs that can't hit a ramp shot.... Isn't Cayle G. from that area? Or even McCullough.

I'll say this a great promo video and photo shoot would have been 100x more effective than showing a half working prototype IMO

The damage is done at this point.

#13907 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

The prototype Theatre of Magic playfields did indeed have a center post between the flippers that never made it to the production games (the Magic Girl center post appears to reference it).
You can see the center post in this pic of a TOM prototype playfield (it was labeled the "Magic Post"):
109509.jpg

Thanks for the explanation. That's a pretty obscure reference then.

#13908 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm dubious on all the 'claimed' money spent. How has $100K been spent on this pin in the past 30 days?

Me too. And that's why nothing adds up: not the moves they've made, needing a team of volunteers, muddy reveal, etc.

Follow the bouncing ball, people.

#13909 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

So I'll say something I've stated to a few since I entered into the pinball fray. imagine what could be accomplished if all the people who love and make pinball worked together for the good of pinball? I don't understand so maybe I shouldn't be involved with it at all...

I'm seeing a lot of people discount or forget entirely the fact that without yourself and many others working with Bill - this machine would still be in parts at Zidware.

And I say that knowing full well that even if Zidware had more money, and the year was 2016, it would still be an unassembled work in progress and jpop would still be adding toys to it till infinity.

So what ever form it is in now is more than any of you deserve based on trajectory.

I realize this project is poison to some and a great fun to piss all over any bit of positivity it receives - but give the folks that are doing SOMETHING to TRY to move it forward the tiniest bit of respect they are possibly due.

My lack of objectivity aside - it seems like the proper thing to do unless I'm mistaken and we should hate what others try to do at all costs.

<begin forum fatigue line crossing >

But perhaps I'm wrong. So by all means - do continue to drink plenty of fluids and continue the flow of your piss directly on MG and anyone standing near it. I mean, it's their fault for standing near the target, right? So much safer and commendable to stand in line with everyone else and beat your chests until its your opening at the Zidware urinal...

Hell, I would too if it helped the situation tremendously and brought closure and compensated those who bought machines. Also if it made your genitals grow larger and made you more attractive i'd back that too...

So keep on pissing from the sidelines and making your parents proud

</ end forum fatigue line crossing >

#13910 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

More gameplay...
Watch "Magic Girl Gameplay" on YouTube
» YouTube video

Is the art an overlay on plywood? I can see it flexing as the ball travels.

#13911 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

concept stage? hmmm.
I know many folks want to think John can be completely excluded from the Pintasia project (real story, my auto-correct changed it to 'fantasia')- but with so many of the mech's/toys/etc not even present or functional, is it really feasible to complete this WITHOUT John? Its obvious he dreamed-up a lot of unusual stuff here, but it would appear much of it still isn't complete (or even understood by those other than John)?
I'm wondering if - for good or for naught- if this game is inextricably tied to Jpop....

Look at it this way, if he got hit by a bus, a sinkhole swallowed him or lightning struck, someone else would've had to pick up the pieces to finish it. I'm not saying its in any way finished, but there seems to be enough there to flesh it out to completion. Maybe not 100% to his 'dream', but enough. Besides, if the people finishing get stuck, just borrow stuff or get inspiration from Totan, Tom, and CV.

If this was being finished and going into production, I'd be on the list for one. I've got ToM and CV already and enjoy them, this would look right at home next to them.

#13912 4 years ago
#13913 4 years ago

So what is the verdict?

Moving forward ?
Or give it the burial by fire?

the guys at TNT know what to do with it. Roof toss!

#13914 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is the art an overlay on plywood? I can see it flexing as the ball travels.

Quoted from markmon:

The overlay is not Mylar. It's a lexan style protector with artwork. It's pretty neat. The thing looks like a smooth clear coat but can be easily replaced if any damage were to occur (we'll sort of easy maybe 2 hours of tear down). Unfortunately on this prototype it's loose so getting in the way with some of the shot power.

#13915 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So I'll say something I've stated to a few since I entered into the pinball fray. imagine what could be accomplished if all the people who love and make pinball worked together for the good of pinball? I don't understand so maybe I shouldn't be involved with it at all...

I know it's hard not to get worked up about the attacks and lack of support from a lot of people. I lived it for 4 years with Woz.

I do think there is plenty of support for what is going on and much respect from a lot of people including myself. But yes you will always get a lot of "pissing in the wind", that's all it is.

There always seem to be a group of people that rush to attack anybody and anything willing to help this or any other project.

There are a bunch of petty and short sighted fools that will never get it. It's one thing to be pissed at John and yet another to attack all the people that are trying to make this work and shit all over everything. Nothing wrong with being critical, but we know people understand the stage that this pin is in, they aren't mostly stupid, so it's just a bunch of BS whining.

Let em piss all over themselves, who cares.

That doesn't discount the anger factor here and the well that has been poisoned by SkitB and John.

Like I've said before many times, some people ought to be ashamed of themselves, however, that would require them to not be shameless in the first place.

When we get an announcement that JJP is producing MG and Keith is going to code it then we can get to the next phase, how much, when, etc.

Until then, you are right, it's a lot of "pissing in the wind". Don't let it wear you down.

#13916 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

concept stage? hmmm.

Thank you for proving my point.

"John = poison. mG = Poison... BUT if anyone attempts to work on this they will NEED john! Hence its doomed from all sides!!!! " great setup - but it involves having no optimism in your life...

If you are not part of the solution you are part of what?

Down vote me. Show your love for pinball and relieve your bladder.

#13917 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I realize this project is poison to some and a great fun to piss all over any bit of positivity it receives - but give the folks that are doing SOMETHING to TRY to move it forward the tiniest bit of respect they are possibly due.

So by all means - do continue to drink plenty of fluids and continue the flow of your piss directly on MG and anyone standing near it. I mean, it's their fault for standing near the target, right?

Quoted from zombieyeti:

Down vote me. Show your love for pinball and relieve your bladder.

I'm sure some of the folks that have lost sleep getting this done might be a bit over-sensitive to ANY criticism, but I'm not sure where you're seeing all this "pissing on EVERYONE standing near it"?? Come on....

"Not giving folks the tiniest bit of respect"? huh?

I'm pretty sure I could go back and find 100 posts that start with something like, "the pin is beautiful to look at" or "gorgeous artwork", and "thanks to those that tried to make this happen" etc, etc, etc.

However, if you were expecting everyone to fall over with their legs in the air with this reveal, I think you had unreal expectations. This looks like it wold have been a welcome "stepping stone" if revealed about 2 years ago.... but now?

#13918 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The narrative might have been completely different if there was a great 5 minute 3 ball demo video posted before the show.

#13919 4 years ago

ZY, exercise your right to use the pinside ignore feature and your experience will be much improved.

#13920 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

IM sure some of the folks that have lost sleep getting this done might be a bit over-sensitve to ANY crticism, but I'm not sure where you're seeing all this "pissing on EVERYONE standing near it"?? Come on....
"Not giving folks the tiniest bit of respect"?
I'm pretty sure I could go back and find 100 posts that start with something like, "the pin is beautiful to look at" or "gorgeous artwork", and "thanks to those that tried to make this happen" etc, etc, etc.
However, if you were expecting everyone to fall over with their legs in the air with this reveal, I think you had unreal expectations. This looks like it wold have been a welcome "stepping stone" if revealed about 2 years ago.... but now?

I don't give two sh$ts about what people think of my contribution - it's bill, pdx and a ton of others that seem to be getting the billy Rubin treatment here by people like yourself.

You then go on to try to paint this project as impossible from all angles with coy 'what ifs?' Posing johns need to be involved...

And forgive me if I'm not hearing correctly that you want this to have the worst possible outcome for the love of pinball - but my hearing is questionable as I've got piss in my ears. My ears are so so very sensitive.

And the petty stepping stone comment is far too revealing for my taste...

#13921 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

IM sure some of the folks that have lost sleep getting this done might be a bit over-sensitve to ANY crticism, but I'm not sure where you're seeing all this "pissing on EVERYONE standing near it"?? Come on....
"Not giving folks the tiniest bit of respect"?

Can't believe this got a down vote. Some people are too sensitive. If anyone involved thinks this pin shows well, I don't think they've ever played a good pinball machine.

If this is a 50% playing prototype, why even show it? Only bad can come, people won't line up to pay $16k based on the videos I've seen.

IMO

#13922 4 years ago

I keep seeing people allude to the idea that the point of showing this proto off was to entice more - NEW - buyers to jump into this thing and pump still more money into this raging tire fire so that there might be the funds to finish it.

Is this really true? Has anybody suggested they'll be opening this up for additional pre-orders? Are they actually doing that?

#13923 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

You them go on to try to paint this project as impossible from all angles with coy 'what ifs?' Posing johns need to be involved...

*I'm* painting the project as Impossible?
I simply asked the guy who was working on the machine if it *could* be completed without John. Why? Well, it appeared it wasn't just a case of the game simply needed a ramp to be finished- there appeared to be whole lot of stuff missing. And maybe thats exactly why they need John to stay on in a consulting role- but if you think that's not a fair question....

Quoted from zombieyeti:

And forgive me if I'm not hearing correctly that you want this to have the worst possible outcome for the love of pinball - but my hearing is questionable as I've got piss in my ears. My ears are so so very sensitive.

You're forgiven. You certainly were NOT hearing correctly.

"I want this to have the worst outcome for pinball?"
If anyone has "harmed pinball" -its certainly the likes of characters like Jpop and KevinK.

#13924 4 years ago

Here you go Yeti, this pretty much sums it up

#13925 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can't believe this got a down vote. Some people are too sensitive. If anyone involved thinks this pin shows well, I don't think they've ever played a good pinball machine.
If this is a 50% playing prototype, why even show it? Only bad can come, people won't line up to pay $16k based on the videos I've seen.
IMO

It got my down vote because just like your comments, there is NO love for pinball or respect for human beings in general. I'll give you this for free - just team up with littlepeg and start a pinball molded line of urinals. Make millions and you can step in everyone's dreams you want without recourse!

And I've said plenty that I get the hate - I don't expect love for the game - and the lack of it isn't my issue (read my comments) but the lack of an iota of respect for bill and the team that TRIED to do something john could not - well it seems like the furthest from something a pinball fan should aim at - repeatedly...

I've spent the last few days watching a human being literally passing away and having the best attitude in the world and I come here and see petty hatred and no respect for anyone's efforts. Backhanded compliments don't count...

I'm done here.

#13926 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

» YouTube video
Here you go Yeti, this pretty much sums it up

Ironic that YOU would post a video of a DRUNK who pisses all over himself lol

#13927 4 years ago

ZombieYeti, "Illegitimi non carborundum."

Quick question for you: Was the "lexan style [playfield] protector with artwork" (see markmon's reference below) Popadiuk's long-term plan for Magic Girl, or was it simply a stop-gap measure to get the prototype with the most current playfield artwork to the show as quickly as possible? Did Popadiuk ultimately intend to have the artwork printed on the plywood playfield and then clear-coated?

Quoted from markmon:

The overlay is not Mylar. It's a lexan style protector with artwork. It's pretty neat. The thing looks like a smooth clear coat but can be easily replaced if any damage were to occur (we'll sort of easy maybe 2 hours of tear down). Unfortunately on this prototype it's loose so getting in the way with some of the shot power.

#13928 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The narrative might have been completely different if there was a great 5 minute 3 ball demo video posted before the show.

You guys are saying this like they had any time to do so. I'd be willing to bet a lot of the guys who helped to get this thing up and running for the show never fully had a chance to play or understand it themselves... so what makes you guys think they had time to setup an HD camera and explain all the shots?

Seriously folks, lets be at least a little realistic..

Pinside has turned this into a real "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenerio. It's a real shame.

#13929 4 years ago

Enough guys! The situation is bad enough here without us turning on each other.

#13930 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I'm seeing a lot of people discount or forget entirely the fact that without yourself and many others working with Bill - this machine would still be in parts at Zidware.

[snip]

Don't take it all too personally. Their efforts are very commendable and clearly driven by their passion. I think there aren't many people who question that. Don't confuse questioning the product - the final outcome for which they're being asked to put up many thousands of dollars - with respecting *some* of the peoples' efforts. (Emphasis on *some*, because I'm far from convinced that everything is on the up and up with all involved.)

With so much money lost, the very worst end-game scenario is people get conned yet again. The bloodbath at that point would be insane, and I have no doubt that several here who are honestly just trying to help would instantly be converted to "cheerleaders who convinced me to stay in".

I daresay even you would not be immune. Check out the Predator thread. Now some are suggesting the cabinet maker has some cash and culpability. When these things go south, "proximity is 9/10's of the blame".

People are being harsh on the game and the deal, and they should be. We're not talking about a limited run of 50 prints for less than $50 apiece. We're talking life-changing money for some. The deal and game should be beaten, kicked, and tortured, and if it weathers the storm, it may be worth your money. That's due diligence, not evidence of lack of trust, being a hater or wanting it to fail.

If not, at least be 100% honest with yourself that you're gambling. You're flipping a coin.

#13931 4 years ago

Can anyone from the show speak to the overall response/interest? For example, was there much of a line to play, maybe compared to the new JJ or Stern machines, or maybe non-at all. The #of views of the video's seem to be in proportion to this thread and pinsiders.

From what I've seen, which is largely the videos posted here, it doesn't seem like a horrible or bad pin but it also doesn't seem to be great one either. If you didn't know it was a JPOP game and know what some had spent and possibly lost in the making, I'd say its probably looks to be a decent game.

If I factor in that its a JPOP game not knowing any of this history, comparing to his other games, I would personally say its not his best design and derivative . It maybe could be his best if none of the other things had happened, but since he's unlikely and unable to realize more, it seems it won't surpass the others.

I will say as an artist, the visuals, lighting and color palet aside, are superior to his other games, which were high on my overall list and says a lot about Zombie.

The sound and video would be innovative 4-5 years ago, but today they show the limits of time and resources. After watching the Hobbit panel on Twitch last night, JJ is clearly beginning to really take advantage of what a license can offer and bring these components into a truly modern game. They are doing more to integrate both the sound and video into the play events. Thats a real boon for the player and JJ. There are millions of dollars of movie production time put into those elements, and being able to pick from them like a kings buffet, makes it very hard for original content to get to this point. In my opinion non-licensed themes will simply not compete any longer. JJ as we speak is headed to a convention for licensing, a clear sign of the direction to come.

In terms of play field design and elements, the video's make it hard to tell, but so many complex ramps seems to be visually confusing. However as someone who has vacuum formed a fair amount of plastic, they were very impressive and cudos' for those pulls and finishing, especially if there a decent loss rate. I would imagine it would be easy to lose 50% in finishing, given my own techniques and abilities.

Understand this is just my best attempt at an objective opinion based on some cellphone youtube videos and without the real personal aspect of investing significant money and time.

It will be interesting to see the Pintasia response and decision. I don't think there's more or less than I expected going into this and would imagine Bill and his team knew and had this in mind when they decided to pull it out of the ditch and put it back on the road.

Here's hoping for everyone we can get it realized for everyone.

#13932 4 years ago

All this hate towards each other while JFlop gets paid to be a consultant on the team, continue to get a paycheck, and hopes you all forget how much he dun screwed this community over. This community's hamstrings will be recovering for years after how hard he bent it over.

Seriously, he is turning this community into two factions, and the community is fighting amongst itself when it should be united and going after his CarrotTop self.

So sad to watch the "implosion from within".

This community is better than this.

#13933 4 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I don't think Theatre of Magic has a center post like that... I don't really understand the reference, honestly.

.....or was it going to be a "pinbot post"?
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Its kind of bitter sweet looking at it as I walk to my gameroom. I hope for at least a somewhat happy ending for everyone involved.

#13934 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

It got my down vote because just like your comments, there is NO love for pinball or respect for human beings in general. I'll give you this for free - just team up with littlepeg and start a pinball molded line of urinals. Make millions and you can step in everyone's dreams you want without recourse!
And I've said plenty that I get the hate - I don't expect love for the game - and the lack of it isn't my issue (read my comments) but the lack of an iota of respect for bill and the team that TRIED to do something john could not - well it seems like the furthest from something a pinball fan should aim at - repeatedly...
I've spent the last few days watching a human being literally passing away and having the best attitude in the world and I come here and see petty hatred and no respect for anyone's efforts. Backhanded compliments don't count...
I'm done here.

If JJP or Stern bought the rights and Bill Gates co signed with a blank check and hired Keith and Lyman to do the software and sent the contract to lowepg for final approval he would still find something to complain about. Unfortunately some people prefer to watch things fail so they can say I told you so, it makes their pitiful existence seem important. People like that won't stop being negative any more than they can stop breathing.

#13935 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

You guys are saying this like they had any time to do so. I'd be willing to bet a lot of the guys who helped to get this thing up and running for the show never fully had a chance to play or understand it themselves... so what makes you guys think they had time to setup an HD camera and explain all the shots?
Seriously folks, lets be at least a little realistic..
Pinside has turned this into a real "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenerio. It's a real shame.

All I know is every pinball I've ever bought, I've put my phone on a stacked bar stool, overlooking my shoulder, and played a few games trying to get a multiball or something good going, and then posting the best video of my new pinball online that I send links to my layperson friends. So they get to see my new pinball doing something cool.

Didn't take long, and I didn't have hundreds of thousands of dollars on the line.

#13936 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They had 30+ days to call a glass shop that sells antireflective glass and have them cut a custom sized sheet. I've had custom glass made by local glass ships on numerous ocassions and they've always had quick turnaround and reasonable prices.

If there were glass on the game, they would be spending the whole day taking it on and off. Everyone is aware of that right?

#13937 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I'm done here.

I think you are too close to this project and you risk losing goodwill that you have gathered as from memory you have had so many great comments about your artwork. Now, the way you are posting is not doing you any favors. You could end up doing art on many future pins so think long term.

You may know what is going on but most of us have never met any of the people involved and the agreement between pintasia and John remains secret.

Looking at this thread, your art has been highly praised, the prototype represents 4 lost years and a lot of people have given a lot of time to get the game to the show. But motives of some of those involved could be altruistic or not - there just aren't enough facts to know so on a forum, all hell breaks loose!

#13938 4 years ago

I think everyone is being a little too hard on it it. The comparison to Wizard Blocks was spot-on. If someone brought that to a show I don't think it'd receive the same criticism.

#13939 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

If there were glass on the game, they would be spending the whole day taking it on and off. Everyone is aware of that right?

Yep. In fact, you can hear Bill say that at the 1:08 time stamp in the video below...

#13940 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

If JJP or Stern bought the rights and Bill Gates co signed with a blank check and hired Keith and Lyman to do the software and sent the contract to lowepg for final approval he would still find something to complain about. Unfortunately some people prefer to watch things fail so they can say I told you so, it makes their pitiful existence seem important. People like that won't stop being negative any more than they can stop breathing.

NYP is right Yeti, take a break and come tomorrow with a positive attitude and flush the turds down the toilet.

Criticism and hate is all some miserable people are all about. They thrive on other people's misery. Big mouth sad people that are jealous and petty at other people's happiness and success while looking at the negative failures of their own existence.

Hang in there dude!

#13941 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Yep. In fact, you can hear Bill say that at the 1:08 time stamp in the video below...
» YouTube video

I didn't catch that in the video, I just happen to be a rocket scientist though.

#13942 4 years ago

How many people would consider MG if JJP was producing and Keith was coding?

At at price tag in line with TH?

1600 TH orders so far?

I'll take an MG for the same price over TH all day.

#13943 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

All I know is every pinball I've ever bought, I've put my phone on a stacked bar stool, overlooking my shoulder, and played a few games trying to get a multiball or something good going, and then posting the best video of my new pinball online that I send links to my layperson friends. So they get to see my new pinball doing something cool.
Didn't take long, and I didn't have hundreds of thousands of dollars on the line.

That's great Chris, but every game you've bought wasn't completely FUBAR out of the gate. (.. unless you bought an Avengers heh)

#13944 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

1600 TH orders so far?

You need to add.....and ready to ship to this fantasy, and I would consider giving my fantasy money.

#13945 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

1600 TH orders so far?

Are you talking a finished game I can have shipped right away? Because I would consider just about any game that I can go out and actually buy.

#13946 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I'm done here.

#13947 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

You need to add.....and ready to ship to this fantasy, and I would consider giving my fantasy money.

Let's say a rollout like they are planning with Lawlors game. Paying for a game that is ready to ship

#13948 4 years ago

I guess I was alone in wanting to see one new feature revealed in the game. One. Just one.

How is it possible John did nothing "inventive" this entire time? If the ball floated I'd be like 'freaking fannn tastic' cuz honestly, at least he did something mechanically. Price aside, I don't care what run of the mill code and ramps you put on the playfield, if you spent half a million dollars and didn't successfully prototype one piece of hardware then jail time. That is all.

#13949 4 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I think everyone is being a little too hard on it it. The comparison to Wizard Blocks was spot-on. If someone brought that to a show I don't think it'd receive the same criticism.

Doubt it. I've played Wizard Blocks. It's pretty friggin awesome, extremely playable and has great shots and gimmicks despite the early software.

#13950 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The damage is done at this point.

I dunno, they keep finding new and inventive ways to damage things.

First was the insane contract that got sent out. Then there was the time spent being anonymous and mysterious for no reason at all. Then when revealed, all the damaging info about the people involved and the ignoring of questions. Then the mad dash to get the game playable and hype up the appearance at the show, but neglect to mention just how "alpha" the game was.

Basically, no one who has any idea what they're doing seems to be steering this ship and everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off. This is basically the Titanic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fargo, ND
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
There are 24297 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside