(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 487.
#13851 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

No idea, but maybe calling it a Space Shuttle Of Magic post was too obvious. That one had it a decade before Theatre of Magic.

There were EM machines that had up-posts before space shuttle... Though I can confirm the 3d model was drawn based off a space shuttle (mine), but I don't think that part has changed over the years.

#13853 4 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I don't think Theatre of Magic has a center post like that... I don't really understand the reference, honestly.

Theatre of Magic originally was going to have that post. It got taken out before the game went to production, so he's making a reference to bringing it back. I think the text is dumb and should get axed, feels like whining to me.

Here's a look at what the post was going to look like: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-prototype-tom

Edit: I can see I was too slow!

#13854 4 years ago

I really expected more footage and pictures of magic girl..just a bunch of horrible iphone movies,come on guys really?

I live in europe , hard to attend this show for me,but as this thread is 278 pages,i assumed you would all be posting sharp stuff?

#13855 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

There were EM machines that had up-posts before Space Shuttle... Though I can confirm the 3d model was drawn based off a Space Shuttle (mine), but I don't think that part has changed over the years.

Space Shuttle is where I know that drain blocker from. If you don't draw the line somewhere, games will be getting called out for having flippers.

#13856 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I really expected more footage and pictures of magic girl..just a bunch of horrible iphone movies,come on guys really?
I live in europe , hard to attend this show for me,but as this thread is 278 pages,i assumed you would all be posting sharp stuff?

Seriously guys. Where are the RED One 4k videos, with controlled lighting and boom mics? And is it really too much to ask to have David Attenborough narrate the footage? So very disappointed in you all.

#13857 4 years ago

Here's a list of all HD videos posted thus far (thanks to everyone that took the time to post them):

#13858 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

You can bend your knee's a bit when playing..

I should have tried that, but I will say that I was pleasantly suprised with how well I could see the display. From the pics I had seen I thought it was gunna be totally obstructed.

Huge Kudos to PDX, Acejedi, Bill, Markmon, Pinpimp and all the others who helped out to get this game to the show.... Good or bad this is pinball history being made here.

#13859 4 years ago

The only people who might put any additional $$ into this are:

1) The people who are already stuck and might do something irrational - Throwing good money after bad money scenario. Seems like several of these people are active here.

2) People who somehow get conned and won't be told about the history till it's too late - "Guys, I just saw this thread after I wired my downpayment… nobody will return my email/calls now!!" scenario.

That has to be a real finite # of new funds. This whole situation defies logic and reason at this point.

#13860 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I'm going to downvote your post just for calling my Android an IPhone.
Honestly the video was recorded at 60fps 1080p and looks fantastic until YouTube processes it.

#13861 4 years ago
#13862 4 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

You actually clicked on up vote instead of down vote.....

Quoted from Revo76:

You actually clicked on up vote instead of down vote.....

Haha, I couldn't see the options properly. My eyes are blurry

#13863 4 years ago
Quoted from joestro78:

After the truly miraculous events of today and with the public clamouring for this machine, I really don't know how Bill and PDX won't make the cover of Forbes magazine.

Quoted from tamoore:

Looks like playfield issues to me... Cramped, without a lot of lanes.

Quoted from jwilson:

I have to say, it's very anti-climatic. It seems kind of clunky - is that the alpha software or the playfield design?

Good news, my money is safe, no chance of me buying this mash-up of various games that don't fit together in one (even an oversized) cabinet.

#13864 4 years ago
#13865 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

After 4 years this is the best he could do? Although this game looks spectacular and different, the videos sure make it look like a dog. 95% of the shots went through the spinner and just bounced around the bottom part of the playfield. I fail to see anything revolutionary about this game that needed so much secrecy. he just didn't have anything worth showing it looks like. If I was in on this game I would be crying right now, because weather this game gets made or not you lose unless tons of changes are made.

I'd take a Kiss pro over this.

#13866 4 years ago
#13867 4 years ago

Aside from the LCD, the game looks like it came out of Japan in the late 90's.

#13868 4 years ago
#13869 4 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

There was a hole in the back under the mini playfield.
Now it is covered by a plug to prevent the ball falling in the cabinet.
You can see the purple plug in the picture from the under side.
But it was supposed to grab the ball with a magnet.
Then shoot it upwards to the mini playfield.
It is one of the mech's that is missing.

Good observation. This was one of the main features for the game and the Kings chamber (center area). It was where you locked the 3rd ball for Multiball start. (Ball 1 and 2 being on the ramp ends - all physical ball locks). I had coded this in a virtual fashion , as unfortunately john never produced the mech for me to fine tune the code. And I asked a lot of times for it !!!!!!!!

#13870 4 years ago

Doesn't there come a point where there is too big a mess that it's easier to start over from scratch? I mean use some of Yeti's art but scrap all the mechanisms and ramp that don't work and design a pinball machine that shoots nice (like AcDc or TOM or TAF). This jumble of mechanisms seems to be cosmic chaos overload.

#13871 4 years ago
#13872 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Whew. Finally. Buy a Kiss, and ignore this thread, (400+ posts is plenty.)

#13873 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

It's a free country, if you don't like my posts there is an ignore button.
Please get back to cheerleading although it's not needed since this pin is getting such a positive reception.

#13874 4 years ago

Hmmm, the artwork is gorgeous but the Playfield looks like an overcrowded mess.

#13875 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Doesn't there come a point where there is too big a mess that it's easier to start over from scratch? I mean use some of Yeti's art but scrap all the mechanisms and ramp that don't work and design a pinball machine that shoots nice (like AcDc or TOM or TAF). This jumble of mechanisms seems to be cosmic chaos overload.

This crap past that point years ago.

#13876 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Hmmm, the artwork is gorgeous but the Playfield looks like an overcrowded mess.

Quoted from Honch:

This crap past that point years ago.

Don't let dgarrett hear you say this, he's getting wood from this pin.

#13877 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Just because people have a difference of opinion, or not everyone thinks this pin looks like much (it looks bad, I mean gameplay not art). But just because we are not doing cart wheels over MG doesn't mean we can't post here.

Also, my posts over the years have been directed against John (how he was jerking everyone around). This has since been proven, or are you disputing that? You should be thanking me for calling out Jerk-Pop instead of defending him if it wasn't for people asking hard questions or posting bad things about Jpop this farce could still be going on.

If this pin played anything like AcDc or TOM or TAF or Kiss there would not be one negative post here, but the ramp can't even be hit, that's kind of a problem don't you think?

#13878 4 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Now it seems that someone with the necessary financial potential and business competence has stepped in and is trying to evaluate if the IP is worth going for, if there is still enough interest in the machine, if it is feasible and what it would take to produce the machine. Thus the presentation & the "offer" to the original prepayers.

You had me till here. Nothing this new party's done has showed competence. The offer is poor, the terms are poor, their staff is shady - possibly criminal, their introduction and transparency are poor, and their reveal was poor. What have they done that has you convinced all that amounts to "business competence"?

#13879 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

I'm going to downvote your post just for calling my Android an IPhone.
Honestly the video was recorded at 60fps 1080p and looks fantastic until YouTube processes it.

Oh well sorry about that then..

#13880 4 years ago

After seeing all the videos, I'm not sure it was the best idea to have the game playable at the show if all the toys and ramps don't work, particularly if the missing functionality wasn't made completely clear. It took me several videos and hundreds of posts before I saw mention of it. I have to applaud the effort to get it there and in that condition, but lack full disclosure is important... I'd even go as far as plastering a big sign on the game that lists the non-working features.

#13881 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Especially when you factor in the price!

(Not to mention the fact you can actually get a Kiss machine shipped to you in this lifetime)

#13882 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Seriously guys. Where are the RED One 4k videos, with controlled lighting and boom mics? And is it really too much to ask to have David Attenborough narrate the footage? So very disappointed in you all.

Pinballrockstar has a point. Supposedly Bill and co. have already stuck 100k into this. And they want victims and new business to stick lots more in. But it was a 4th and 40 field goal kick with 1 second on the clock to even get this thing to the show. You'd think springing a couple thousand for someone with a decent camera to shoot some good video and put this game in the very best light, would be sort of a no-brainer.

#13883 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

deadisbetter.jpg

#13884 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Wasn't this done to avoid pre-order folks from suing? Suing JPOP/Zidware would have an adverse effect on the contract Pinvasion has with them. Maybe the showing will build some confidence?

It won't stop the litigation, which is ongoing (next court hearing is on 12th June to add all the new plaintiffs, including me, to the current case, and remove the original plaintiff Zamost who has pulled out; but the case remains ongoing). I'm sure (hope) that Bill has factored Zidware's potential bankruptcy into his plans i.e. MG will go ahead anyway. That said, obviously Bill seek's to minimise the legal action, but in no way has it been stopped, and indeed is currently escalating (e.g. in number of claimants).

Personally, I hope MG gets made, and I wish Pintasia well, but I'm still going to try to get some justice vs Jflop, only part of which is monetary. As part of the process, I hope we see Jflop's accounts, and solve the Case of the Missing Million once and for all. Only the courts can make this happen. And they will

#13885 4 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

Even the video on pinballnews is in HD.....
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/magicgirl/index.html
And plenty of pictures too.

Oh SWEET! That's me playing I didn't realize Martin was going to post that on the site. Thank you for sharing.

Yes, I suck at playing.

#13886 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Pinballrockstar has a point. Supposedly Bill and co. have already stuck 100k into this.

The machine cost over $1 million to produce and another $100k to get ready for the show and somehow there wasn't an extra $300 in the budget for a sheet of invisiglass or some coasters to slip under the back leg levelers to give it more than a 3 degree pitch

#13887 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

somehow there wasn't an extra $300 in the budget for a sheet of invisiglass

Not an option at the moment, the game uses a custom glass size.

#13888 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The machine cost over $1 million to produce and another $100k to get ready for the show and somehow there wasn't an extra $300 in the budget for a sheet of invisiglass or some coasters to slip under the back leg levelers to give it more than a 3 degree pitch

I'm dubious on all the 'claimed' money spent. How has $100K been spent on this pin in the past 30 days?

#13889 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Oh SWEET! That's me playing I didn't realize Martin was going to post that on the site. Thank you for sharing.
Yes, I suck at playing.

Think that's the best video so far, as shows the normal arcade game mode. I think you had a lock lit later on to.

#13890 4 years ago

I'm a little confused about the playfield cover, from the HD videos that I saw, so hopefully someone that saw the pin can answer a few questions.

The playfield cover appeared to negatively impact ball movement -- made it appear more floaty and visibly changed the ball direction a few times -- so I am curious as to why Popadiuk or the show prep team decided to use it?

Is the playfield cover just clear poly, simply to protect ZombieYeti's artwork, or does it contain the artwork itself?

#13891 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm dubious on all the 'claimed' money spent. How has $100K been spent on this pin in the past 30 days?

Unless Bill paid Jpop $50k for the "rental" of the game, that amount seems a bit dubious.... Wait, 100k Canadien?
Bill might want to check the math if those are the figures his new Finance guru shared with him

Perhaps he was figuring in the cost of his time? That would be reasonable....especially if he's been work in on this thing for weeks.

I hope he didn't really stroke a check for $100k for THIS though, can't help but think that was a colossal waste of money given the sorry state John left the game in (yeti's fine artwork being the exception).

#13892 4 years ago

I'm waiting for a good spot to drain this thread, put it to bed with Predator. But it's like a bad accident, I can't help but look.

hindenburg-ghost-huntersjpg-a8c3210f4b51a853_large.jpg

#13893 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I'm a little confused about the playfield cover, from the HD videos that I saw, so hopefully someone that saw the pin can answer a few questions.
The playfield cover appeared to negatively impact ball movement -- made it appear more floaty and visibly changed the ball direction a few times -- so I am curious as to why Popadiuk or the show prep team decided to use it?
Is the playfield cover just clear poly, simply to protect ZombieYeti's artwork, or does it contain the artwork itself?

The playfield cover contained the artwork.

#13894 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ah, that's makes sense. Thank you. Probably didn't have enough time/money to get the plywood itself printed.

#13895 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not an option at the moment, the game uses a custom glass size.

They had 30+ days to call a glass shop that sells antireflective glass and have them cut a custom sized sheet. I've had custom glass made by local glass ships on numerous ocassions and they've always had quick turnaround and reasonable prices.

#13896 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What does something like that cost to print?

It might look good on the wall? If ALL the PF artwork was done by yeti, maybe he could print some for sale....

#13897 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Unless Bill paid Jpop $50k for the "rental" of the game, that amount seems a bit dubious.... Wait, 100k Canadien?
Bill might want to check the math if those are the figures his new Finance guru shared with him
Perhaps he was figuring in the cost of his time? That would be reasonable....especially if he's been work in on this thing for weeks.

And don't forget all the tax-deductible expenses. These are business gurus we're talking about...

#13898 4 years ago
#13899 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I suspect the $100,000 figure is actually a contractual limit on Pintasia Design's financial commitment in the so-called "license agreement" (e.g., "In exchange for __________, Pintasia Designs commits to spending up to $100,000 to _________").

#13900 4 years ago

Considering John designed this game backwards (art first, mechanicals... still not done) enough had probably changed since that photo to render those PF's worthless.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside