(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 486.
#1301 5 years ago

Thanks for posting about your visit.

Quoted from Multiball1:

** Your MG will not be in your gameroom in the next few months, but I don't think by end of 2015 is at all unrealistic. RAZA is being designed in parallel with MG so not a three year wait for that game either IMHO.

This drives me nuts that a few people have posted recently about visiting the shop, how great everything looked there, but are still guessing wide (sometimes multi-year) guesses on when we might see our games. I have to take away from this that John is refusing to present any real timetable despite the repeated requests.

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

Or you can do what this impatient, anal retentive, worried OP (me) did and pay him a visit before you call your attorney. Heck, if you want out once the game has been produced I'm fairly confident you'll be able to make a decent return selling your game. Well deserved in my opinion considering the risk we've all taken.

** Your MG will not be in your gameroom in the next few months, but I don't think by end of 2015 is at all unrealistic. RAZA is being designed in parallel with MG so not a three year wait for that game either IMHO.

Thanks for the update, I'm happy with an MG by the end of 2015 and a RAZA by early 2016.

I love the attitude and desire of Jpop. At the end of the day, all the BS forgotten, it will be great!

#1303 5 years ago

How much are each of these pins?

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm getting an MG too and waiting to pay for that one!

Really? You are in line for MG but haven't paid anything for it yet?

#1305 5 years ago

There will be plenty of opportunity to get in on both of these pins. Clearly JPOP is out of money and will have to get these produced at the same time when he eventually gets a partner. Once the games are done, you will hear about the increase in production numbers, blah, blah blah........It was always his back up plan. Anyone in this project, should just be happy people will line up to offer their cash to save these projects. This is just sad..........Imagine he decided to do a limited version and a premium....The possibilities for you guys to get screwed are endless.

#1306 5 years ago

Multiball, did you see anything that needs a patent, and did you ask how far the patent pending is?

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Multiball, did you see anything that needs a patent, and did you ask how far the patent pending is?

I saw many items that would need a patent, well over 10 of them. I did not get into the patent status with John.

#1308 5 years ago

Ok, thanks.

I hope that part is close to being finished.

#1309 5 years ago

Can someone tell me price? Think I saw 27k. Is that right?

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

For MG and RAZA.

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

I saw many items that would need a patent, well over 10 of them. I did not get into the patent status with John.

Without getting into any specifics, you'd said you played a few games, so there was code? Or was it just a flipping playfield? No doubt it would be primitive at this stage but if there's at least a few test menus and some basic scoring that would be great.

#1312 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Without getting into any specifics, you'd said you played a few games, so there was code? Or was it just a flipping playfield? No doubt it would be primitive at this stage but if there's at least a few test menus and some basic scoring that would be great.

LED was completely interactive with game play (scoring), as was lighting, music, speech, and sounds. My opinion is that coding is far from primitive, but certainly by no means finished.

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

LED was completely interactive with game play (scoring), as was lighting, music, speech, and sounds. My opinion is that coding is far from primitive, but certainly by no means finished.

That's even better than I was expecting. Thanks!

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Really? You are in line for MG but haven't paid anything for it yet?

Offered up $$$, he won't take it yet for MG. I guess waiting for reveal

#1315 5 years ago

Multi - did you talk with John at all about the frustrations we have as owners, the timetable or the maker to pinball he discussed in the NYC interview. Interested to see how he feels in response to the owner pressure and mounting frustration. Thanks for your post. The fact that there is a flippable machine makes me feel much better about staying in on RAZA.

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

How would you say it compared to the state of Lebowski at expo?

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

You mean LCD.

#1318 5 years ago

I have been in on RAZA CT#11 from the first week.

About six months ago I spoke with John about getting on the magic girl waiting list. He told me no problem, and guaranteed me a magic girl, but refused my offer to take any deposit money.

I viewed that is a very good sign because if he were only out to take deposit money, and never deliver a game he would have taken the money on the spot.

I am super impressed with what I have seen on both pins. Hope he is able to execute his announced reveals on time.

#1319 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

16K for MG and 11K for RAZA.

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

16K for MG and 11K for RAZA.

$17k
$10k

#1321 5 years ago

Hooooly! 17 & 10, fair enough if you've got the coin & JPOPs art looks amazing so, go nuts. I'm thinking Stern and JJP are loving JPOP, if he produces something that is outstanding but not 'the most amazing thing ever' & can be somewhat reproduced by those guys... The bar for pricing will be raised again. Understand both are limited but just my thoughts, has he completely ruled out a 'Luci' version of MG or RAZA down the line?

Post edited by x595: 7 pints

#1322 5 years ago
Quoted from x595:

..... has he completely ruled out a 'Luci' version of MG or RAZA down the line?
Post edited by x595: 7 pints

How many decades do you have left to wait? I'll be thrilled to just get RAZA in my game room.

#1323 5 years ago

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from x595:

Hooooly! 17 & 10, fair enough if you've got the coin & JPOPs art looks amazing so, go nuts. I'm thinking Stern and JJP are loving JPOP, if he produces something that is outstanding but not 'the most amazing thing ever' & can be somewhat reproduced by those guys... The bar for pricing will be raised again. Understand both are limited but just my thoughts, has he completely ruled out a 'Luci' version of MG or RAZA down the line?

I don't see a major pricing impact as we are talking about a small subset of the NIB community... Jpop is producing less games all combined than a single Stern LE run. Also the $17k price point was a little easier to get when MG was announced than it would be today.

#1325 5 years ago

Is any one pin 27k? Or is it 17 for one and 10 for the other?

#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yes, for both.

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yes, for both.

Which one pin cost 27k? And YIKES! What do you get for that much. That's insane. Must be an amazing pin.

#1328 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

No and yes

#1329 5 years ago

Kaneda, a math lesson, its TWO pins for 27k, 10 + 17 equals 27. Get you some of that!

#1330 5 years ago

Who's on first? Yes

#1331 5 years ago

Please Jesus help me
Magic girl $17
Retro atomic zombie adventure $10k

Can we move along.. Don't start bitching about the price. It's been set for three years. If ur new to the notion of this no one else is shocked

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Which one pin cost 27k? And YIKES! What do you get for that much. That's insane. Must be an amazing pin.

#1333 5 years ago

Ok, I'm kind of confused, are people paid in full for these game or do you just have a deposit of like $1-$2k? $17k for MG seems RIDICULOUS especially if you're required to pay this far in advance... As for those with some skin in this, have you actually shelled out $17k for a game you've been waiting months for? Or are you $1-$2k in and waiting for the final product before paying in full? Jpop has done some fine things during his career but he's still just a man making pinball machines... What's the deal?

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from RavellevaR:

Ok, I'm kind of confused, are people paid in full for these game or do you just have a deposit of like $1-$2k? $17k for MG seems RIDICULOUS especially if you're required to pay this far in advance... As for those with some skin in this, have you actually shelled out $17k for a game you've been waiting months for? Or are you $1-$2k in and waiting for the final product before paying in full? Jpop has done some fine things during his career but he's still just a man making pinball machines... What's the deal?

Yes, there are people who fully paid 17 thousand dollars for Magic Girl years ago, not months ago. There are other people also in line for Magic Girl who have NO money down on it at all.

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Which one pin cost 27k?

Heard there was a FIF sold around that price wasn't there?

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Kingpin is more than 27k...

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from RavellevaR:

... especially if you're required to pay this far in advance

hahahahhahaha.... sorry.... "this far in advance" hit me as funny... My first RAZA payment went in 3/12... at that time it was even going by a different name. MG was done sold out at that point.

#1338 5 years ago

Post edited.

Post edited by moderator: Do not troll in this thread please.

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

What did he show people to get 17k down? Game must be unreal.

Game is gonna be mega rare. Less than 100 made.

#1340 5 years ago

Just curious. Anyone looking to sell their spot?

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Oh man, and the drama two-folds for this in one post. So in the end, if you buy, if Jpop doesn't sell you YOUR paid for high end game.... is that like poetic justice or something?

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Oh man, and the drama two-folds for this in one post. So in the end, if you buy, if Jpop doesn't sell you YOUR paid for high end game.... is that like poetic justice or something?

I don't follow. Just curious if those tired of waiting want out and if they are willing to sell a spot. As I've stated before i am out of room. Just going to deck out my LOTR le. Such a fun game.

#1343 5 years ago

Oh god kaneda not again...

#1344 5 years ago

ill give u $$ for ur spot....o wait naaa just stirring the pot

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Sounds like you're not well..

#1346 5 years ago

Just curious, when someone says they are "out of room", do they more likely mean "out of cash"?

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Just curious, when someone says they are "out of room", do they more likely mean "out of cash"?

no, not likely. you can always get more money but you can`t get more room unless you are planning on moving to accommodate more machines.

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

No, I think Kaneda lives in one of those 200 sf NYC rat box compartments so I'm pretty sure he isn't making that up.

If I remember, he was living with his GF so he turned his apartment into a mini arcade and then she broke it off when she saw what he did with is apartment.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Good grief Kaneda give it a rest dude!
image-73.jpg

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Good grief Kaneda give it a rest dude!

image-73.jpg 47 KB

Most annoying poster on Pinside.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside