(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 491.
#13401 8 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I was told it would come tomorrow...
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Ya. It'll be here on Saturday. At the shows request I think.

#13402 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

This is when I get foggy on how to argue right and wrong in this whole project. How do you argue difference of opinion and not meeting "expectations". If this is the game design you get - assuming Pintasia builds it - and your opinion is its "only worth 10k" - does Bill owe you a MG + $5995??
Folks ordered blindly at $15,995 and were promised a game. Game is now being shown, and those in at $15,995 don't like the look, feel and finish. But you gave over the money with no clue as to the final design,etc. You agreed and paid $15,995 with no refund. The game isn't worth that, in your opinion, now that you see it.
So is that fraud or high expectations v. the reality seen today. I'm not trying to be a jerk to those with $ in, but I honestly am looking for an explanation that isn't so foggy to understand.

Nobody ever thought it was going to be worth $16,000 in a run of 199 based purely on the design and mechanics. They thought it would be worth that much in a run of 25.

Edit: So yes, that is fraud if he does not give refunds after promising the limited number to the original buyers.

#13403 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

What's your Magic Girl serial number? What game # do you have?

Why? What difference does it make?

Tell you what, you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

#13404 8 years ago

double post.

#13406 8 years ago
#13407 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I see John found another solidworks monkey to do his bidding. Wonder if he's still using the student edition.

I almost applied for that job when he had it posted a few years ago. So glad I didn't.

#13408 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

This is when I get foggy on how to argue right and wrong in this whole project. How do you argue difference of opinion and not meeting "expectations". If this is the game design you get - assuming Pintasia builds it - and your opinion is its "only worth 10k" - does Bill owe you a MG + $5995??
Folks ordered blindly at $15,995 and were promised a game. Game is now being shown, and those in at $15,995 don't like the look, feel and finish. But you gave over the money with no clue as to the final design,etc. You agreed and paid $15,995 with no refund. The game isn't worth that, in your opinion, now that you see it.
So is that fraud or high expectations v. the reality seen today. I'm not trying to be a jerk to those with $ in, but I honestly am looking for an explanation that isn't so foggy to understand.

Simple. Mr Popadiuk said 19 would be built, and would be delivered 2 years ago. Breach of contract.

#13409 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It's coming tomorrow AM

Was the show not open to the public today? why would it not be there? 30 hours straight on the road to now wait 24 hours and not show it? Hmmmm, the big reveal i guess.

#13410 8 years ago

Btw, all you guys that worked to make this happen, dgarret, Pdx and The rest of Bills crew, great job!

And let's not forget Cointaker, GLM and all the other vendors that put so much time and $$ into this. Especially sorry you guys got F ed

And Aaron, Yeti, secret manager guy, etc

All you guys are great

#13411 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Why? What difference does it make?
Tell you what, you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

You got a deal.

I have #18. Now what's yours? Whip it out...

18.png18.png

#13414 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

You got a deal.
18.png

Here it is. Admire the majesty. Oh, you mean the number?

#13415 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Here it is. Admire the majesty. Oh, you mean the number?

So what's your number? You've said repeatedly you're suing and that you've purchased a game 4 years ago. I'm not asking for your receipt at the door here, what's the number?

#13417 8 years ago

I have no idea on numbers- but he has filed suit. I verify that .

#13418 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

You got a deal.
18.png

His must not be as girthy as yours.

#13419 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I have no idea on numbers- but he has filed suit. I verify that .

I have wondered why you & Mr68 always seem to be soooooo quick to doubt Real owners & quickly scrutinize their claims ?? Edit I meant VW not Rommy even though I quoted his post

#13420 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Was the show not open to the public today? why would it not be there? 30 hours straight on the road to now wait 24 hours and not show it? Hmmmm, the big reveal i guess.

Sombody forget the rug?

#13421 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, all you guys that worked to make this happen, dgarret, Pdx and The rest of Bills crew, great job!
And let's not forget Cointaker, GLM and all the other vendors that put so much time and $$ into this. Especially sorry you guys got F ed
And Aaron, Yeti, secret manager guy, etc
All you guys are great

Let's not forget to thank John for spending over one million dollars to make this happen. Everyone is looking at the most expensive prototype pinball game ever made. Lets thank all of us who gave John the money to make this happen.

#13422 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

So what's your number? You've said repeatedly you're suing and that you've purchased a game 4 years ago. I'm not asking for your receipt at the door here, what's the number?

You sort of are.

Anyway, I can dig it out tomorrow, old chap. No problem. RAZA as well as MG. I'm outside in the jacuzzi currently

But why is it so important? You've asked me several times. It's not as if I have #1, which I guess I would remember! Frankly the number of something that will never happen, is dead, and was always vapourware isn't terribly important.

#13423 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Let's not forget to thank John for spending over one million dollars to make this happen. Everyone is looking at the most expensive prototype pinball game ever made. Lets thank all of us who gave John the money to make this happen.

Ouch. Painful but true.

#13424 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

But why is it so important? You've asked me several times. It's not as if I have #1, which I guess I would remember! Frankly the number of something that will never happen, is dead, and was always vapourware isn't terribly important.

not only that but the #'s apparently don't mean squat John doesn't even know what # anyone is on any game! I have mentioned it here more than once , he sent me documents saying that I was #51 as well as #71 on AIW

#13425 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Sombody forget the rug?

Well played sir.

#13426 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

showme.JPGshowme.JPG

#13427 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

You sort of are.
Anyway, I can dig it out tomorrow, old chap. No problem. RAZA as well as MG. I'm outside in the jacuzzi currently

No problem. I can wait til tomorrow.

#13428 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I have wondered why you & Mr68 always seem to be soooooo quick to doubt Real owners & quickly scrutinize their claims ?? Edit I meant VW not Rommy even though I quoted his post

In fairness to Mr68, I sent him a scan of the first page of my MG purchase agreement (yet another contract Jflop got us to sign), in order to be invited to his MG-RAZA facebook page, following which he stated in this thread that I am genuine. Which is nice. I find validation terribly important

#13429 8 years ago

They needed the day to hire extra security so someone doesn't light it on fire.

#13430 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Because I've had several Pinsiders try to bullshit their way into the private owners group.
It's pathetic how desperate some people are to butt into other people's business.

Pinballs had been verified by the way.

#13431 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Here here, I'll drink to that!

#13432 8 years ago

Original MG payment schedule...

Custom "Magic Girl" Pinball Machine $15,995.00 (usd)
Initial Deposit $500. (usd)
Secure Deposit (please remit this amount) $7500. (usd)

Remaining Payments Due (see schedule A) $7995. (usd)

10/25/2011 Final design brief and master docs completed $1000.00
12/25/2011 Game concepts Pencil Sketches $1000.00
2/25/2012 Cabinet and Playfield Sketch Model $2000.00
4/25/2012 Game artwork development & colors $1000.00
6/25/2012 Working game maquette $2000.00
8/25/2012 Completed final part review & assembly $995.00
10/25/2012 Estimated completion date for game for delivery

#13433 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The party can finally get started now that Ice is here!

#13434 8 years ago

Have I missed anything on the "private owners group"?

I'm gonna organize the Private Vegas burning man trip.

I'll make it public here first though

#13435 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The party can finally get started now that Ice is here!

If only we were up in the great NW Jar!

I should have planned better but a pinball show was not a good excuse for me not going to New York with family

Work shit sounds a whole lot better

#13436 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mods, we have a code "burnt orange!" Limber the banfinger

#13437 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

In fairness to Mr68, I sent him a scan of the first page of my MG purchase agreement (yet another contract Jflop got us to sign), in order to be invited to his MG-RAZA facebook page, following which he stated in this thread that I am genuine. Which is nice. I find validation terribly important

Pinballs is legit.

Nothing personal man, I just don't believe everything I read on the internet. When someone makes serious allegations (like joining a lawsuit) I want to know for myself that person is for real. You are for real bud.

#13438 8 years ago

Haha, you know what I'm going to grab a six pack right now and channel my inner iceman

#13439 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Mods, we have a code "burnt orange!" Limber the banfinger

Not tonight Erik, I'm in happy happy mode!

The Hulk mode cannot be triggered, I will stay very positive and sarcastic but will not cross the line.

No need to worry mods, it's all coming down to the end of this fiasco and I feel somewhat liberated by just seeing what could have been.

Life is short and we move on

#13441 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If only we were up in the great NW Jar!
I should have planned better but a pinball show was not a good excuse for me not going to New York with family
Work shit sounds a whole lot better

Hell yeah! Would have been a good time.

Unfortunately, I have to go into work tonight and pull an all nighter. Doing an upgrade of our ERP system. High excitement.

#13442 8 years ago

Way to go ICE. That's the ticket.

#13443 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Everyone is looking at the most expensive prototype pinball game ever made

Pinball Circus cost $1.5 Million to prototype in 1993 dollars - that would be $2.4 Million today.

#13444 8 years ago

Too bad we still do not have a clue on the most important thing...

HOW DOES IT PLAY!!!

I will say time and time again it is completely disgusting that this is going to be shown at a show when you have NUMEROUS unpaid vendors, artists, coders, etc... Many of these guys are our pinball brothers and yet they got stepped on and kicked in the junk while their hard work is being featured so someone else can attempt to turn this disaster into a feasible business model and beta for more cash! Never mind that the proposed business and its employees have a littered past and shown to be questionable ethics, they are also doing it on the millions of dollars in preorder money that is being dangled with a non-sue BS contract.

HOW is it possible that so many people are willing to overlook all this?

Pintasia has claimed that he spent over 100k to get the game playable and to the show and it is obvious that even more volunteers have put in lots of time to make stuff happen in the past few months, yet the artists and coders and parts suppliers are still sitting here unpaid!!!

This is a serious WTF in my book.

It is this weird dichotomy of so many great people trying to make something 8thanks to all of you) out of a pile of crap and yet the people steering this whole thing appear to have not taken a single step towards doing the right things to take care of those that even got it to this point.

On top of this all, John the tool that made all this shitstorm come to life is being offered a get out of jail free card if Pintasia can convince and manipulate people into giving even more money.

The red flags are huge and sickening and unpaid vendors and artists should be fuming that their work and parts are being featured at the show.

I feel for all of you that are going to loose in this situation but even more so that your emotions are continually being toyed with.

Play the game like you stole it because it will likely be the one and only time this flippable game? is seen in the real world.

#13445 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball Circus cost $1.5 Million to prototype in 1993 dollars - that would be $2.4 Million today.

WOZ cost 2 million to develope.

#13446 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Vid you are a walking pinball encyclopedia my man!

#13448 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

WOZ cost 2 million to develope.

I also read that Jack was bound by contract with New Line that the Hobbit be delivered by Dec 14 2014

#13450 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Wow!! & I also read about how a whole lot of Crazy money$ went into Capcom's Zingy Blingy prototytpe & the anatomical dolls in the backglass & that Python somehow self authorized the funding for that , the dude must have had a lot of pull

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/269 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.