(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 491.
#13151 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

John went into this without the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to do it. His inability to create a team that could work together as well as bring in the individuals needed to make it happen, is his biggest weakness. It is hard to understand how he could understand he needed a developer, an artist, etc. but not a business manager and a project manager. But I guess he did not want the latter two, since he did not want anyone who would tell him what to do and how to do it.
At the end of the day, it was his ego and need for control that made failure a fait accompli

This combined with the easy & "free" crowd funding money. If he was backed by personal savings, you know it would have gone way different.

#13152 8 years ago

qbert: but JPOP really nice to me? why he took my money?

aa mg 9.jpgaa mg 9.jpg
#13153 8 years ago

<blo

Quoted from rosh:

latest info is that Kevin (and his Lawyer) were NOT behind these refunds. Unclear why paypal has been doing it. His lawyer keeps saying he is still planning on making the games and they are working through the details. If you do believe he will make these games, I have some ocean front property in Idaho for sale that you may be interested in, both Atlantic and Pacific views are still available, but they are going fast, so don't delay.

Interesting.

The refund situation, not that prime real estate you're offering.

#13154 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Pardon my bluntness, Kevin and John are both idiots. Kevin for thinking he could slip a game or two .. hundred.. under Fox's radar, and John for having no production plans and thinking some magic pinball company would come bail him out.
Neither went into their respective projects looking to rip anyone off, but as the wheels fell off each train, the conductors started to get shady to prop up their failures. Both should have come clean far earlier than now, but ehh... humans hate admitting failure.

We agree for once =)

#13155 8 years ago

At some point he must have known the games could not be built. And any money he took after that, without telling the customer the truth is fraud.

#13156 8 years ago

Is today the day John has to answer the Smith lawsuit? If so, anybody hear anything?

#13157 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Is today the day John has to answer the Smith lawsuit? If so, anybody hear anything?

Yes it is.

As of yesterday, no Answer had been filed.

A motion was filed by the plaintiff attorney and is set for a hearing on 6-12-15. My guess would be that the Motion is to add more plaintiffs to the case.

#13158 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If he was backed by personal savings, you know it would have gone way different.

I don't think there is any doubt of that -- and here is where Ben will jump in to re-enforce that is what Spooky did, put their money where their mouth is, which kept them motivated, focused and on track.

#13159 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

latest info is that Kevin (and his Lawyer) were NOT behind these refunds.

The fact that there even was money to refund at all (regardless of who is issuing the refunds) puts Kevin vastly ahead of JPop in the competency and integrity department.

I can't believe I said the above, but it is true...

#13160 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

He probably got an extension with which to answer (assuming JPop has an attorney helping him still).

#13161 8 years ago

Unless the Chicago courts have strict pleading rules, Jpop can file a general denial and the matters will be set for a hearing which is likely to be months away.

#13162 8 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Unless the Chicago courts have strict pleading rules, Jpop can file a general denial and the matters will be set for a hearing which is likely to be months away.

Yep

Quoted from TigerLaw:

He probably got an extension with which to answer (assuming JPop has an attorney helping him still).

Yep

I believe he has until the 8th to answer the "Bruce Zamost" lawsuit.

Like Boo and Tiger and many of us have said, let the general denials fly!

Then its up to the plaintiffs to spend more $$ to seek discovery and depositions.

By then, Jpopadeuce has thrown himself into bankruptcy.

Tiger has alluded to the difficulty in "alter ego" theory and piercing the corp veil. I agree its difficult but I've seen a few cases here in San Antonio where two separate "builders", imagine that, came to me after the fact to discuss what they could do.

Well, here was what you should have done BEFORE you didn't follow the minimal corporate formalities and that really good plaintiffs lawyer got a judgement against you and your personal assets. I was surprised at how little it really took in those two cases.

However, builders don't get very much sympathy here in Texas I suppose because they aren't really held accountable to many standards, credentials or occupational regulation.

Talk about Ponzi schemes, using somebody's $$$ to finish the prior house(s) and when the house of cards come crumbling down there is usually two or three bag holders.

They just shut down the entity, and open up for business under another name.

Maybe John will try that? Hehe

#13163 8 years ago

So in the meantime, let's pop a top and get excited about this weekend!

I really can't wait to see what's in store for us, plus the show in general should be great. Live streaming. Aaron will post the link here

#13164 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

"He still would have failed art school, his artwork was terrible" LOL

Lol. Classic.

#13165 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

A guy doesn't plan on cheating on his wife but he goes out with the boys, gets drunk and cheats. Is he less a cheater because when he left to go to the bar he didn't intend on cheating and more importantly; he was drunk?

Yes, clearly he is less of a cheater.

Just like murder without premeditation.

#13166 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So in the meantime, let's pop a top and get excited about this weekend!
I really can't wait to see what's in store for us, plus the show in general should be great. Live streaming. Aaron will post the link here

nwpinballshow.com has the link to the live stream. This should be mostly the speakers (FAST/Mission go on at 5pm Friday )

I am headed back to the venue now but I'll post a pick of where Magic Girl will sit if it makes it it the show.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#13167 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yes, clearly he is less of a cheater.
Just like murder without premeditation.

I hear what youre saying but for some reason i dont think the wife would see the difference between the two.

#13168 8 years ago

Post 13168

Here's John's cell phone number be sure and send him some text messages

***-***-**** (No personnel information for other people allowed, Edited by Moderator team)

Maybe he will respond. Though I doubt it.

#13169 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Post 13168
***-***-**** (No personnel information for other people allowed, Edited by Moderator team)

Does he even answer calls?

#13170 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nope, but I think he reads the texts. I'm done even trying with poop anymore. The guy is a waste and this planet is worse off with him on it.

#13171 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you have some money, he has the time.

If you want to know the status of you machine or him to pay owed money, not so much.

Just my experience.

#13172 8 years ago

JPOP's future endeavors = floccinaucinihilipilification.

That's for all you "word of the day" freaks.

#13173 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Post 13168

Classic

#13174 8 years ago

Zidware, Inc.

Zero K by Xmas.

#13175 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

A guy doesn't plan on cheating on his wife but he goes out with the boys, gets drunk and cheats. Is he less a cheater because when he left to go to the bar he didn't intend on cheating and more importantly; he was drunk?

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas™ Even more so in Pahrump or Mercury in Nye COuNty.

#13176 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Post 13168
***-***-**** (Please DO NOT give out other people’s personal information, Edited by Moderator Team).

Bumped and screenshot saved in case it gets pulled.

"Number removed, Moderator team"

#13177 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Zidware, Inc.
Zero K by Xmas.

Zidwhere? by Xmas.

#13178 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Post 13168

the mailbox is full and can not accept any messages at this time.

#13179 8 years ago

Did you guys know that you can text by email?

If you had a number you wanted to text, you can email [email protected] and it will send a text.

Random facts with absolutely no use at all.

#13180 8 years ago

Too tired to PS, but you get where this is going.
JPOPD.jpgJPOPD.jpg

#13181 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Did you guys know that you can text by email?
If you had a number you wanted to text, you can email [email protected] and it will send a text.
Random facts with absolutely no use at all.

Learn something every day!

Didn't know that

#13182 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Didn't know that

That's the verizon one, there are other addresses for other carriers. The number that's been posted in this thread is verizon though.

#13183 8 years ago

Just like 10minutemail.com

#13184 8 years ago

#13185 8 years ago

Magic Girl here tomorrow?

image.jpgimage.jpg

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#13186 8 years ago

The calm before the storm.....

#13187 8 years ago
#13188 8 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

Did you mean behind the exit door ?
Outside on the street.......
I guess many will look, but will probably walk away if they know the what where and how.
Not going to send a single dime to Pintasia.......Poooof, money gone.

It was chosen (I was told) because it was far away from the kids zone and could be easily pulled off the floor if drama develops. Makes me wonder what others know that I don't?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#13189 8 years ago

MAGIC ZOMBIEGIRL IN ATOMIC WONDERLAND!

let's build it and all the RAZA,AIW,MG buyers will be made whole?

It will be the tale about a zombie girl with big magical tits that drank atomic waste in radioactive wonderland and ofcourse turned purple and is eversince in sort of a retro rollercoaster acid pinball trip.

ZAP!

#13190 8 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Good luck getting your games...
Zidware=Vaporware

and this guy got downvoted. a year ago

#13191 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

MAGIC ZOMBIEGIRL IN ATOMIC WONDERLAND!
let's build it and all the RAZA,AIW,MG buyers will be made whole?
It will be the tale about a zombie girl with big magical tits that drank atomic waste in radioactive wonderland and ofcourse turned purple and is eversince in sort of a retro rollercoaster acid pinball trip.
ZAP!

You had me at "big magical tits".

#13192 8 years ago
#13193 8 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

Watch out for falling backboxes while playing the game with those heavy things on there, hahaha.

That's why so much time and care was put into developing the custom hinges.

#13194 8 years ago

yeah...you'll be needing some serious hinges with those big magical tits..LOL

#13195 8 years ago
#13196 8 years ago

Well I cannot wait to see the pictures.

On gameplay, congrats for getting it there. I want to know how bad the ramps block the monitor. It's also about 40 % off John's life work, in regards to pinball and only a prototype.

Good luck to Bill. I hope this game is either awesome or it is horrible. Okay is about the worst response going forward, as okay means a lot more risk if this moves forward.

Also, please do not return this game to John.

#13197 8 years ago

No complaints on screen being blocked

image.jpgimage.jpg
#13198 8 years ago

Tease. Show some pics already.

#13199 8 years ago

peel the zidware logo off

#13200 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

No complaints on screen being blocked

image.jpg

Needs more purple

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/264 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.