(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 491.
#13051 8 years ago

I think this Hitler video will be seen by more people than the other pinball Hitler videos simply because it was posted by Ben. Lots of subscribers to his YouTube channel!

#13052 8 years ago

"unless someone makes Elvira3" too funny, and horribly accurate at the same time. well done sir.

#13053 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

Lol, "I hear u crying bitch" lmfao...

#13055 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think this Hitler video will be seen by more people than the other pinball Hitler videos simply because it was posted by Ben. Lots of subscribers to his YouTube channel!

Yeah, Ben has a sizable YouTube audience (check the number of views in the red oval below), so this latest Hitler video will definitely get some attention.

771546.jpg771546.jpg

#13056 8 years ago

yes like we established in another thread, Ben is famous.

#13057 8 years ago
Quoted from asay:

yes like we established in another thread, Ben is famous.

Internet famous. It's different. Nothing against Ben, of course, he's a great guy. He's just not "Famous" famous.

#13058 8 years ago

Ok, I'll admit it. I wet my pants watching the Hitler video. I needed that tonight.

#13059 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Internet famous. It's different. Nothing against Ben, of course, he's a great guy. He's just not "Famous" famous.

It is really all relative. All I know is he is a great dude and funny as hell sometimes!

#13060 8 years ago

It would have been interesting what could have been with BHZA.. especially with the backglass in color. Here's my half attempt

BHZA_b&w_colorized_small.pngBHZA_b&w_colorized_small.png

#13061 8 years ago

Pinsiders do know, right, that the Hitler Reacts meme is over 6 years old?

Still, fun to drag it out for stuff like this and man, it was SOOOO easy to write

#13062 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

zombieyeti.bigcartel.com
Thanks - dislexic keyboard to blame?

Damnit, I have been following this thread but had to go shoot pinball for NEPL league night. I come home, find another 200 posts and this is sold out. Pissed off! @##$$%%^ (<-pinside acceptable swearing)

Seriously, great looking and posted sized must look awesome.

Dave

#13063 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Still, fun to drag it out for stuff like this and man, it was SOOOO easy to write

Indeed. Pretty sure the first one I ever saw was based off of the Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death back in 2009.

#13064 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

I can hear you crying Bitch! He spends all day print banners that say ZAP!

I can't breathe. You nailed it man...

You should have mentioned Space Mission-X at the end.

#13065 8 years ago

Double posting like crazy after the update.

#13066 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Totally know it's old and has been used on pinside on many occasions. SkitB one made me crap in my pants I laughed so hard. I think I have a bladder problem that should be checked out.

images-5.jpegimages-5.jpeg
#13067 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Which version? I should compile and share sometime. What a flustercluck that one became.

So question for you.. What was the deal with all the IP (Godzilla, martian, Robby robot) in RAZA? Going from blatant to "nice try" - Godzilla with 4 arms? And how did it go from zombies to... Whatever it is. Over time, johns vision (johns lack of vision)? Seems like an interesting story there.

#13068 8 years ago

Is anybody else's "new posts" button not working right since we rolled up over 13k? I think we broke it!!!!

#13069 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

F#cking EPIC!!

#13070 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I want to send it to JPOP!

#13071 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Is anybody else's "new posts" button not working right since we rolled up over 13k? I think we broke it!!!!

Yep, mine stopped working yesterday. Robin is looking at the bug.

#13072 8 years ago

OMG....I've seen the Magic Girl prototype in the flesh......was sworn to secrecy...but i'm going to release this pic anyway. It has a big bash toy at the top of the pf.....its just so f***n satisfying to hit it....sparkydiuk.jpgsparkydiuk.jpg

#13073 8 years ago

Cant believe I missed out on the print!

#13074 8 years ago

Me too! ZY - open a larger edition of prints! Your fans are calling and we all want to hang your art on our gameroom walls.

#13075 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

LOL @ "I started the master race out of my garage!"

#13076 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

"He still would have failed art school, his artwork was terrible" LOL

made my day!

#13077 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

"Or who would want a game starring an out of shape, balding ginger?"

Holy shit. Greatest ever.

#13078 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

Best Hitler video I've seen...LOL'd multiple times.

#13079 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I roll my eyes like this every time another stupid Hitler video is posted. So tired. So dumb. Fine, Ben, I'll watch your dumb video.
I 'd a lot. So dead on. Hats off to your sir for proving there is still life is that bloated corpse.

All the cool kids moved on to "El Risitas" long ago. (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/el-risitas-interview-parodies-shocking-interview)

I had a script written for a Predator one but I decided not to post it. Definitely the less hacky alternative to the good 'ol Hitler Reacts video

#13080 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

"Or who would want a game starring an out of shape, balding ginger?"
Holy shit. Greatest ever.

I did Nazi that coming.

#13081 8 years ago

thank you Ben, that was exactly what we needed in this thread. =) still think the mexico tangent is a good next move & would totally volunteer to be the carjacker. at the end of every colossal failure (in my experience), somebody always says something along the lines of, "there should be a book/movie/etc written about this..." this isn't over until there's a Made-for-TV/after-school special.

(do they still do those? cut the cord ages ago)

#13082 8 years ago

The Heck Nazi vid is best ever.....

#13083 8 years ago

These videos are not funny if you understand the spoken language. They should have been dubbed for best impact!

#13084 8 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

These videos are not funny if you understand the spoken language. They should have been dubbed for best impact!

#13085 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

This letter came from John 01-25-2015:.....Dennis Nordman and Cameron Silver visited this last
week (to check up on me) and were floored. They could not believe the
progress of the games and how beautiful they are and creative.
They left without words, and yes my family and myself are fully dedicated.
Johnm

I wonder if they left without words just like Gomez when he saw what a shit show jpop made of star wars. I'll edit and add the topcast interview.. Totally worth a listen.

#13086 8 years ago

Monkey is in Montana...

#13087 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

Dear God, that's some funny stuff.

#13088 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL @ "I started the master race out of my garage!"

'the alien chick was hot, though"

LOL!!!

#13089 8 years ago

So here's the original BHZA Inks & my first quick color concept (just a rough scribbly pass to lock in direction) These are from January of 2012 according to my file dates...
ben_24.jpgben_24.jpg
ben_INKS_F.jpgben_INKS_F.jpg
ben_colorsketch1.jpgben_colorsketch1.jpg

Some fun MG spit-balling rough stuff from development..
mg_sketchbg.jpgmg_sketchbg.jpgmg_poses.jpgmg_poses.jpgplayfield_line_5_14.jpgplayfield_line_5_14.jpgmg_pf_t1.jpgmg_pf_t1.jpg

oh - also ran across this... I did a ton of Copperfield sketches... was always being to toldto make him sexier which was uncomfortable copper-card_throw.jpgcopper-card_throw.jpg

#13090 8 years ago

ZY: your work is amazing!

Want to do all the lcd display art for our Buffy the Vampire Slayer pin? At least we're up front about not paying and never shipping a machine to a customer

#13091 8 years ago

Hey Jpoop, skit b is refunding games today... Congrats on being the only start up pinball sh*t bag to steal people's money now.

#13092 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

oh - also ran across this... I did a ton of Copperfield sketches... was always being to toldto make him sexier which was uncomfortable

Was Copperfield going to be featured in Magic Girl or something?

#13093 8 years ago

Doh, edited with ZombieYeti's clarifciation!

#13094 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Was Copperfield going to be featured in Magic Girl or something?

Nope - was ANOTHER machine pitch I was told. Only spent a few days sketching on it - but it must have been 2013ish? I hope it didn't fall thru because of my lack of copper-sexy-field-ness

#13095 8 years ago

And a HUGE thank you to all who bought prints! I PAID for the PRINTS and the shipping tubes BEFORE I put them up for sale... TRUE
Just awaiting their production and they will be shipped out! (I'm told I'll have them on the 12th)

And if anyone missed out - I've got a few ideas how I can address - might do an extended non numbered edition. OR I'll slightly modify the hatter to represent your favorite pinball inventor... or I'll add in Godzilla...

But seriously - I greatly appreciate this community - maybe it'll even help me get something on a real machine someday

And now I am stepping away for the day to celebrate my 16th wedding Anniversary so that i can see a 17th!

#13096 8 years ago

Yeti - you 'bout to make up some ground . Strong work! And I love it, but I am no art critic.

So you did copperfield work? That's some weird / in their own universe shit right there man. Do tell

#13097 8 years ago

Please do the coloring on AiW and do another print. Maybe a run of 100 this time.

Also, I vote you then take these funds and buy yourself a pinball machine. If you are going to stick around you need to embrace the silverball. It will also help you to start thinking 'pinball' for when you get the next opportunity to do the art for a full machine.

#13098 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please do the coloring on AiW and do another print. Maybe a run of 100 this time./blockquote>

AiW in color is unfair to the folks who bought Black/White version. Its like releasing the Premium TWD after LE's sold out.

#13099 8 years ago

I recall John saying something about Copperfield too... Like he was maybe a customer and they were going to "skin" a custom MG for him maybe?

Not too far fetched TOM started as David Copperfield but was changed.

#13100 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I recall John saying something about Copperfield too... Like he was maybe a customer and they were going to "skin" a custom MG for him maybe?
Not too far fetched TOM started as David Copperfield but was changed.

I thought copperfield was the early SS game that Epthegeek was coding?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/262 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.