(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 487.
#12951 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

You should steal it and head to Mexico. This tale needs more twists and turns!

Give it time.
As we know, anything is possible.

#12952 4 years ago

By the time these pins are done Whysnow could enter law school, graduate and pass the bar exam.

#12953 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

By the time these pins are done Whysnow could enter law school, graduate and pass the bar exam.

lol, but no thanks.

#12954 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

It is already headed to NW so it will be very close to Brandes' home of Vancouver. Maybe he'll just take his boat down to the show and... you know... boat back. With some cargo. :p

After all, though he said it was being "borrowed" and would be returned to Zidware, it appears Zidware is shut down, likely there is no building left for it to be returned to. So it only makes sense that Pintasia hold on to it. You know. For a while, until things get sorted out.

#12955 4 years ago

IMHO Magic Girl pinball has already included the greatest pinball feature EVER!

The ability to go "POOF" and disappear without ever being delivered.

Abracadabra!!!

#12956 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

What? More turns? If you took this story to Hollywood for a script, they'd throw it out, saying no-one would believe it, and you want more???
Holy!

#12957 4 years ago

double post. Sorry, thought I was Dutch for a second.

#12958 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

It is already headed to NW so it will be very close to Brandes' home of Vancouver. Maybe he'll just take his boat down to the show and... you know... boat back. With some cargo. :p

If I was an original MG deposit payer I have to say that I would be making sure the game does not go back to Jpop.

#12959 4 years ago

More twists and turns?
I don't think so. I already have whiplash and a bad back!

#12961 4 years ago

The game is Jpops though. Right? So confused at this point.

#12962 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

supposedly/technically that sounds to be the case and Pintasia is just 'borrowing' it.

Either way, I woudl be making sure it does not get back to John. If Pintasia is really planning to produce these then they will need the only fully working proto to make adjustments ansd tweaks (don't worry it is never going to happen and this is the swan song for this game). Assuming Jpop is going bankrupt then no reaosn to allow him to squirrel away this most valuable asset or make it disappear before bankruptcy.

#12963 4 years ago

Question from a law school drop out (yes, no joke), is legal recourse for those invested in this whole Magic Girl debacle even feasible from a monetary standpoint? Yes, being defrauded $3-6k really sucks and is a sizable potential loss depending on whatever the outcome of this is with the third party messiah, etc., but from what I've read in this thread, much like with predator, the potential benefit of going through a multi-party legal claim seems like it could easily get way more costly than the original $3-6k loss, not to mention a long and ridiculously frustrating process that could end up not yielding much of any recourse. Am I wrong?

#12964 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest he contact a lawyer ASAP and file a civil claim now. If he is owed money as a contractor and not paid then the best thing he can do is to get the ball rolling ASAP and be on the front line of the matter.

Talking to a real lawyer sounds like a fine plan. But per KeithinMI's post above, filing a civil claim now is unlikely to help much in the bankruptcy.

Quoted from Whysnow:

you were more concerned with condesending asshattery than the obvious reality that nobody will ever be getting a game (unless they buy a prototype at bankruptcy liquidation I suppose).

Sorry you feel this way, but you routinely offer questionable legal advice/analysis in a very confident tone. Why hold forth on something when you haven't done the research to back up your assumptions? Stick to what you know (or research it a bit first so that you can post intelligently about it) and you'll get no "condescending asshattery" from me.

#12965 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Until he runs into John down there...

#12966 4 years ago

There seems to be some qualified and careful legal advice presented here. Hopefully everyone's doing their best due diligence and as a group ends with a largely agreeable opinion.

For the rest of us a bit of much needed levity:

"I may just be a small town pizza lawyer, but I declare that this much bacon on a pepperoni pizza is perfectly legal." - Little Ceasar's Pizza commercial.

#12967 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sorry you feel this way, but you routinely offer questionable legal advice/analysis in a very confident tone.

"Seldom right, but never in doubt."

#12968 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It is... and is being returned to him. But the million dollar question is who will end up with it considering he has a line of creditors 200+ long.

#12969 4 years ago

The car that is transporting it could get stolen.......

#12970 4 years ago

I would fill the cabinet with dead rats before I returned it to John.

#12971 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Until he runs into John down there...

Thats not John, thats uh, Juan Padre-diuk! John was presumed disintegrated in a mysterious solenoid explosion!

#12972 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I would fill the cabinet with dead rats before I returned it to John.

Live rats would be more exciting.

#12973 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

A post on facebook makes it sound like John is driving out west with the game. I doubt he'd steal it from himself.

#12974 4 years ago

I was assured that JPOP has not stowed himself into the MG cabinet so he can manually work the lights and make the sound FX. That's good news

#12975 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Thats not John, thats uh, Juan Padre-diuk! John was presumed disintegrated in a mysterious solenoid explosion!

Funny!

#12976 4 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I really have a hard time grasping the idea that anyone is really excited or cares about seeing this one prototype machine.

Controversy aside, a lot of people are excited to see and play the game this weekend.

#12977 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Stick to what you know

a baseball bat is not a allowed form of prescribed legal rebutal on pinside unfortunately.

I would say if you are stupid enough to come to a pinball forum for legal advice from an internet lawyer then you are the real dumbazz.

Quoted from jayhawkai:

"Seldom right, but never in doubt."

Fortunately I am smart enough to hire a real lawyer when needed.

#12978 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sorry you feel this way, but you routinely offer questionable legal advice/analysis in a very confident tone.

I am very confident that the longer you sit with your thumb up your butt the less likely you are to see any recourse or return of any funds.

IF there's no bankruptcy and there are assets, then the first to get judgments will be the first ones to be able to seize assets and get their money back. Once the assets are depleted, there's no more to go after and good luck getting paid from a defunct company with no assets.

#12979 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

yeah, that will happen

sarcasm.jpg

#12980 4 years ago

At the risk of derailing this thread - I'm going to try to recoup some of my losses from JPOP and I have permission to make prints and sell art from my work all by myself. (Like a big boy!)

So, not trying to shill here - but I'm selling a signed & numbered edition of 50 AIW prints based on the artwork created for the near final Back Glass. Hang it on your wall like me an weep quietly in a corner of the room!

detail2.jpg

zombieyeti.bigcartel.com

And I SWEAR I won't interfere or try to sell my wares any further here - just knew some folks wanted it to happen & I made it so
If I clear my debt on these (MG is coming after this sells through) I want to do a free run for owners with any profits past the amount John owes me...

#12981 4 years ago

any chance of getting this in color rather than just the line art?

#12982 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So, not trying to shill here - but I'm selling a signed & numbered edition of 50 AIW prints based on the artwork created for the near final Back Glass.

Pre-ordered!!! I'm in!

#12983 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

a baseball bat is not a allowed form of prescribed legal rebutal on pinside unfortunately.

Not sure if your baseball bat would be aimed at JPop or me, but I guess one or both of us is lucky you're not allowed to make threats of physical violence on Pinside?!?

Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say if you are stupid enough to come to a pinball forum for legal advice from an internet lawyer then you are the real dumbazz.

Agreed, though the guy confidently offering up unsolicited and inaccurate advice may not be doing much for his image either.

Quoted from Whysnow:

IF there's no bankruptcy and there are assets, then the first to get judgments will be the first ones to be able to seize assets and get their money back. Once the assets are depleted, there's no more to go after and good luck getting paid from a defunct company with no assets.

If you'd said this to begin with I don't see how I could have disagreed with you. The qualification you added at the front is the key -- "IF there's no bankruptcy and there are assets." Bankruptcy seems pretty damn likely here but who knows, and as you say, if there's no bankruptcy the only way to get at any remaining assets is to bring a suit.

#12984 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

any chance of getting this in color rather than just the line art?

Free with purchase...
markers.jpg

#12985 4 years ago

I'd like a RAZA translite print. I hope they come available. I'll put it up and tell all my guests how much it cost me .

#12986 4 years ago

JPOP sighting near NW Pinball Show
carn05e4.jpg

#12987 4 years ago

I don't know if its the lack of Magic Girls restrictive clothing, but Alice seems less encumbered in the breathing department.

#12988 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

At the risk of derailing this thread - I'm going to try to recoup some of my losses from JPOP and I have permission to make prints and sell art from my work all by myself. (Like a big boy!)
So, not trying to shill here - but I'm selling a signed & numbered edition of 50 AIW prints based on the artwork created for the near final Back Glass. Hang it on your wall like me an weep quietly in a corner of the room!
detail2.jpg
alice-thumb.jpg
bigcartel.zombieyeti.com
And I SWEAR I won't interfere or try to sell my wares any further here - just knew some folks wanted it to happen & I made it so
If I clear my debt on these (MG is coming after this sells through) I want to do a free run for owners with any profits past the amount John owes me...

Your url is wrong. It is causing great harm.

#12989 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

but I guess one or both of us is lucky you're not allowed to make threats of physical violence on Pinside?!?

It's actually allowed now: you just need to claim you're a lightweight, can't hold liquor and that you post like a little bitch when you've been drinking.....

#12990 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Your url is wrong. It is causing great harm.

zombieyeti.bigcartel.com

Thanks - dislexic keyboard to blame?

#12991 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

detail2.jpg
alice-thumb.jpg
bigcartel.zombieyeti.com

If it's colour I'd bite. PM me.

#12992 4 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

I don't know if its the lack of Magic Girls restrictive clothing, but Alice seems less encumbered in the breathing department.

Originally MG was much less clothes and not as much ass coverings Alice on the other hand originally had MORE clothing and less skin...

#12993 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

If it's colour I'd bite. PM me.

If it had gone past this stage it'd be colored it could happen - but might be some time before I can focus on it.

#12994 4 years ago

its a standard size poster..

#12995 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

zombieyeti.bigcartel.com
Thanks - dislexic keyboard to blame?

So in.
Thanks Zombie Yeti. Look forward to sending you more money. Please keep em coming!

#12996 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'd like a RAZA translite print. I hope they come available. I'll put it up and tell all my guests how much it cost me .

Which version? I should compile and share sometime. What a flustercluck that one became.

That said - I'm considering doing MG as translate if this all goes to hell. Could do the same for Raza...

#12997 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

its a standard size poster..

I was going to do it at an odd size. Then create and patent a frame specifically for it. Then sit on them and presell a different poster before announcing I had no money to send the original... But I'm not a POS so I opted to go standard.

#12998 4 years ago

Ordered. Best of luck to you in the future. Your art is fantastic.....

#12999 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Pre-ordered!!! I'm in!

Me too.

#13000 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

It's actually allowed now: you just need to claim you're a lightweight, can't hold liquor and that you post like a little bitch when you've been drinking.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chatham, MA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside