(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 487.
#12451 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm not convinced that Pop's original plan was to sell the company before building any machines.

Well he certainly seemed focus on 'ideas' and less about being a sustainable company. His priorities were all out of whack. I can understand saying 'we need to roll the creatives onto the next title so there isn't a huge lag period...' as that's what a manager focusing on the big picture would say. But Jpop was just endlessly revising and hopping around. He need a business partner that would do things like require he make CHOICES and face things like DEADLINES.

Jpop maybe thought he could make a 'no compromise' game if he was given unlimited time and money.. and thought 16k games or something meant 'unlimited money'. But that doesn't account for actually sustaining the business itself during that period.

It was a concept doomed from the start given you gave the artist sole decision power.

#12452 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

From my frequent visits, not a lot. A small 3d printer,an iMac, lots of nuts, bolts, wirenuts, wire spools, LEDs, and a few empty cabinets. Maybe 4 or 5 prototype play fields. Otherwise, it's all printouts. I'm afraid he doesn't appear to have much asset wise...

Seems like he might want to give those LEDs back to Cointaker.

#12453 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

John deliberately ran his company into the ground, I don't know why.

The last pictures posted of John didn't look too well. How is his health?

Maybe he's fighting other things, while trying to complete the impossible.

#12454 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am pretty sure that a Pat L theme where he is allowed to innovate and no more pre-order will do very well.

Did Jack say he is finished with the preorder model? Good grief I sure hope so. May it die a hard and sudden death.

#12455 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I agree an unlicensed theme is more risky.
However, if anyone was going to do an unlicensed theme, putting a legendary team behind its design would be the best way to mitigate that risk. Granted I'm an early-Lawlor-fantatic, but I think it's fair to say this upcoming JJP game will create massive buzz in the pinhead community if Lawlor has indeed regained his B/W mojo....

I'm down for an unlicensed pin, I'd like JJP#3 with PL, however it has to be a nice theme. I'm not sure if I'd buy it if it was just a disaster theme like earthquakes, floods (etc..) have to see. I'd be more happy with a space theme or a old west theme (like CC) but whatever. I'm waiting to see what it is.

#12456 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Im not sure if it is a good idea to keep it unthemed. JJP may last minute license it

Impossible to do that late in development. With all the changes in art work, programming, video, etc. etc. It would delay the game a year or more.

And Pat didn't want to do a license.

LTG : )

#12457 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I think JJP should have a strong licensed #4 ready to release on the heels of Pat Lawlor's game. Not an easy thing to do, but possible.

JJP does. Strong designer too.

Exciting times for pinball.

#12458 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

With all the changes in art work, programming, video, etc. etc. It would delay the game a year or more.

a year-long delay for a JJP machine??!?!?

INCONCEIVABLE!

I'm super excited to see what PL has been working on, and I also LOVE there's been no dribbling of details and clues for 12 months. LOVE THAT!

#12459 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Seems like he might want to give those LEDs back to Cointaker.

Believe me, I have offered, please pay for or return them. I will have to pursue other options then just asking. I have given John many opertunites to work out something other then the path that is going to be taken this week.

Wish him all the best, but John seems to keep digging a bigger hole for himself and his family. What a shame.......

#12460 4 years ago

It also appears to me that john is succeeding in splitting the community. There are some great pinheads that are MG victims, some of the best in the hobby . It's starting to look like they are pitting themselves against the RAZA and AIW victims. Now that is quite a nefarious accomplishment.

I hope in the end ALL blame is sternly and permanently assigned to John Popadiuk. Don't shoot the messenger (s) !

#12461 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Believe me, I have offered, please pay for or return them. I will have to pursue other options then just asking. I have given John many opertunites to work out something other then the path that is going to be taken this week.
Wish him all the best, but John seems to keep digging a bigger hole for himself and his family. What a shame.......

That's what he does.

We all know the consequences of our actions, but what happens when someone never learns to accept them?

Well, they never learn. They keep repeating the same mistakes over and over, without ever figuring out how to avoid negative consequences in the first place.

How does this happen? The most common explanation is that someone else is interfering.

It's a frequent occurrence that someone can interrupt the law of cause and effect on someone else's life. An example of this could be a mother constantly stepping in and saving their adult son or daughter from a difficult situation, such as continually paying off their bills.

The mother is shielding their adult child from the harsh reality of reckless actions. The adult child is being encouraged to not learn their lesson and is very likely to do it all over again. In fact, there is no reason not to.

They aren't reaping what they sow, and this situation can get too comfortable.

So many people get used to not dealing with life by putting negative consequences in someone else's hands. It's not fair to anyone involved.

We call someone who continually saves another person from their consequences, codependent. Most of the time codependent people don't know how to stop, or are afraid to confront the irresponsible person.

However, just confronting the person is not enough.

Merely confronting someone will just feel like an annoying nag and won't cause them to feel the real pain. Only consequences can do that.

Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townshend, in their book Boundaries, say that an effective way to deal with irresponsible people is to set boundaries for yourself.

Here are some questions to ask yourself that will encourage you to set mature boundaries so that others can accept the consequences of their own actions:

Ask yourself:

Whose responsibility is this, really?

Am I really serving this person by suffering the consequences of their actions for them?

What will happen of this pattern continues on forever?

How will this person benefit if I refuse to suffer the consequences for his actions?

How am I sabotaging myself and other concerned parties by taking too much responsibility?

Stop taking on unnecessary responsibility for other adults and require them to deal with their own actions. Only then can they learn from their mistakes, and be motivated to avoid making them again.

Let them reap what they sow.

By Jennifer Bundrant.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/042017_personal_responsibility_adult_behavior_mind_games.html#ixzz3bk6rMofl

#12462 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

I don't know the backstory fully of course, but I could've sworn I read it somewhere you guys got your own version of the RAZA in exchange for LEDs and some neat looking flasher he wanted? You guys were on the backglass art even I recall

#12463 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

There's 100 percent chance Zidware is going belly up. He pulled Facebook and his website. Lawsuits are filled. Do you think he will win the lawsuit?

It's not black and white, it's a complicated situation. He will not win the lawsuit, no. The plaintiffs won't "win" either. Just getting sick of reading the same "zidware is going bankrupt, stop denying it" and "call Zane smith if you don't believe" crap non stop. No one is denying he's going bankrupt. I figured he was going bankrupt when it was posted multiple times on every one of the last 30 pages.

I don't want to rain on the schottenfreude party here though. So carry on...

#12464 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

It's not black and white, it's a complicated situation. He will not win the lawsuit, no. The plaintiffs won't "win" either. Just getting sick of reading the same "zidware is going bankrupt, stop denying it" and "call Zane smith if you don't believe" crap non stop. No one is denying he's going bankrupt. I figured he was going bankrupt when it was posted multiple times on every one of the last 30 pages.
I don't want to rain on the schottenfreude party here though. So carry on...

I won't ever mention it again and apologize for saying it what was clearly at least one too many times. I should be more sensitive to the other victims.

#12465 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I won't ever mention it again and apologize for saying it what was clearly at least one too many times. I should be more sensitive to the other victims.

Sorry Rommy, I did not mean to address that toward you personally. More anger at the way Pinside is reacting as a whole. Again, my apologies. Not directed specifically at you. Didn't mean to single you out.

#12466 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

JJP does. Strong designer too.
Exciting times for pinball.

Thanks Lloyd, that is great news.

#12469 4 years ago

Brian Eddy perhaps Lloyd ??

#12470 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I don't know what happened there. I quoted the LTG post and it came up with the Cointaker avatar!

#12471 4 years ago

I don't know what happened there. I quoted the LTG post and it came up with the Cointaker Avatar!

I've had the same thing happen to me. Bug in the update.

#12472 4 years ago

I don't know what happened there. I quoted the LTG post and it came up with the Cointaker Avatar!

Hostile takeover ?

CTG : )

#12473 4 years ago

Odd.. Lol

I can't figure out how to delete a post anymore...

#12474 4 years ago

I can't figure out how to delete a post anymore...

You never could.

You can edit, erase what you wrote. Only a moderator or Robin can delete a post.

LTG : )™

#12475 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You never could.
You can edit, erase what you wrote. Only a moderator or Robin can delete a post.

Thanks Lloyd.... So.... Is it Brian???

#12476 4 years ago

So.... Is it Brian???

No idea. Nobody ever tells me anything. I'm always the last to know.

Which works out great. If something is leaked. It wasn't me.

#12477 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The last pictures posted of John didn't look too well. How is his health?
Maybe he's fighting other things, while trying to complete the impossible.

John's health is fine. Probably not in my best interest to write these next two lines....Everybody seems to have glossed over my post that I was there Thursday in his Zidware shop and talked to him about the Pintasia deal, saw what's there, etc. Its not like I was taking inventory or anything, but I'm surprised nobody asked me to elaborate.

#12478 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

John's health is fine. Probably not in my best interest to write these next two lines....Everybody seems to have glossed over my post that I was there Thursday in his Zidware shop and talked to him about the Pintasia deal, saw what's there, etc. Its not like I was taking inventory or anything, but I'm surprised nobody asked me to elaborate.

Would you mind elaborating?

#12479 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

There's 100 percent chance Zidware is going belly up. He pulled Facebook and his website. Lawsuits are filled. Do you think he will win the lawsuit?

I agree the liabilities exceed assets by a long ways. My understanding is Pintasia is offering you to transfer your Zidware liability (i.e. your pre-order $) into Pintasia credits towards a machine by 6/30. I don't have any Pintasia terms, except what's been posted in this god-awful long thread 200 or so posts ago. Even if all customer liabilities of Zidware transfer their prepay $ to Pintasia, there are probably liabilities to vendors left against at least some of the parts ZIdware has on the shelves.
My view is that if you don't transfer your ZIdware liability to Pintasia (which also requires your agreeing to not leave any legal claim against Zidware), your liability will likely be wiped out in any collection effort after Zidware bankruptcy.

You have until June 30 to decide where the best chance of getting something - as a Zidware liability worth 0 or as a Pintasia liability that might get you a game (or at least your deposits" worth towards a game).

#12480 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm surprised nobody asked me to elaborate.

Because you didn't elaborate, you led everyone to believe that there wasn't anything worth talking about based on what you saw and what you and John discussed.

If there was, why didn't you give these guys more information???

#12481 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Because you didn't elaborate, you led everyone to believe that there wasn't anything worth taking about based on what you saw and what you and John discussed.
If there was, why didn't you give these guys more information???

Seriously if there is information to share, share it, why the need to be asked for it??

#12482 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I agree the liabilities exceed assets by a long ways. My understanding is Pintasia is offering you to transfer your Zidware liability (i.e. your pre-order $) into Pintasia credits towards a machine by 6/30. I don't have any Pintasia terms, except what's been posted in this god-awful long thread 200 or so posts ago. Even if all customer liabilities of Zidware transfer their prepay $ to Pintasia, there are probably liabilities to vendors left against at least some of the parts ZIdware has on the shelves.
My view is that if you don't transfer your ZIdware liability to Pintasia (which also requires your agreeing to not leave any legal claim against Zidware), your liability will likely be wiped out in any collection effort after Zidware bankruptcy.
You have until June 30 to decide where the best chance of getting something - as a Zidware liability worth 0 or as a Pintasia liability that might get you a game (or at least your deposits" worth towards a game).

He does not have until June 30th.

#12483 4 years ago

That is weird. In the quotes, it shows you quoted Cointaker but it was LTG.

#12484 4 years ago

Brian still works at Zynga. You won't see him at JJP

#12485 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

This is horrible, just plain horrible.

#12486 4 years ago

Pintasia is going to hit (one of many) brick walls trying to get parts from vendors John still owes money too.

Magic Girl... that game's got some serious baggage!

#12487 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Would you mind elaborating?

First, I had no intention of going there to do any research or investigation for pinside. I had some art John's was going to sign, and I needed it before father's day. Given what I saw in this thread, I hesitated to say I was even there, and I'll probably regret saying I was. I do think some elaborating may help you guys - but if it doesn't, ignore me.

My thoughts and observations....
1. The game isn't in the front office anymore, its with the Pintasia folks getting stuff done so it can be at NW show.
2. anything I would say about John's comments to me on the situation, would get flamed - I'll share my thoughts on a few conclusions of mine... John realizes his reputation is trashed (for life) & he isn't a business guy. I feel John genuinely hopes Bill's team does make the games. I fell John never planned for any of this messy end-game to happen, and I feel he isn't a crook trying to steal $. I don't think John admitted to himself, that it was over for Zidware doing this alone, until the last 2 weeks or so. I think Bill's conversations with him the past 30-60 days, and the threat/serving of lawsuits created an action point.

Here's what I was thinking as John pointed out stuff on the MG (the 2nd proto and 3rd proto were in cabinets).
3. The game is beautiful in person.
4. Almost every part is custom - the costs to design, draw, proto and make these parts with custom tooling would have easily blown all the deposit $. Its easy for me to see the 10k game being done w/many standard parts, and its also clear that the 13,29,25 whatever the # of LE/custom/original MG will have $6k more costs in it just for the fact all the parts are uniquely made and crafted. When you custom design everything, you have to custom design tools to make it all. Cabinets to backglass to bolts. I'm not even sure all the screws and bolts are #6 and #8 standard!
5 Cost v. value. It will cost more for the custom v. Pintasia standard. But is it worth $6k more?- I don't know - an apron is and apron, whether its standard metal Stern or odd-sized, custom cut stainless with a special finish. SPikey leg bolts v. 8 standard bolts - probably big cost difference to draw, tools and produce spikey v. standard - what do you think , $200 more for a set - but its $200 v. $20 buck a set - no function added, but theres another cost diff, but not a value diff.
Then again, some may value the $6k diff of worth in just the sordid tale of all the variety of custom parts attempted.
6. Jeremy's artwork is stunning in person. I saw RaZA and AIW (in black and white full foam core cabinet and BG).
7. I'm going to keep my opinion to myself as to what parts or other things in his shop are worth - I have no idea.
8. John is still working... on playfields, content, parts and design in the hopes Pintasia can make games. I was surprised to see him there, honestly.
9. I didn't / couldn't take any pics b/c none of the art, parts, designs, etc. belong to John/Zidware any more - all the IP is owned by Pintasia.
10. I do think Pintasia will be able to make the games - The next 30 days with the reveal and actions taken by the 100 or so buyers/pre-orders will tell. I say 100, b/c many bought multiple games or both titles.

#12488 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Bill's conversations with him the past 30-60 days

and not a word to any other customers........

#12489 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That is weird. In the quotes, it shows you quoted Cointaker but it was LTG.

dgarrett just quoted herbertbsharp and it came up as quoting me ?

#12490 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like a bug with the new layout. The quote reference numbers are getting mixed up.

#12491 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The Pintasia team/Bill have not asked for any money, so at this point what the hell difference does it make for the "owners" who were going to be splitting pennies on the dollar after a Zidware bankruptcy to wait to see if a solid plan can be put together. Hell at least we will get to see/play the damn game if nothing else.

It does make a difference. If someone ripped you off, and then someone who has gotten in bed with them and agreed to continue to work with them on a contractual basis is asking for you to trust them, it makes sense to be 100% open, and this is exactly what the licensee is not doing.

If anybody expects Pintasia to be different from Zidware, then the first rule of business is TRANSPARENCY. That's the one thing Zidware didn't do. They kept all the details of their development secret, and this secrecy was directly responsible for everybody getting screwed. Now along comes another company that is veiled in secrecy regarding its relationship with JPop. Not a good idea.

For all we know, JPop is still in 100% control of everything.

Until the contract between Zidware and Pintasia is made public, there's no reason to assume anything has changed.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

The agreement or an outline was shared on the owners group on Facebook. Anyone who I spoke with or spoke with me that wanted to know and or what we trying to do was told crystal clear

You are in bed with a guy that has appeared to have defrauded more than a hundred people and caused an uproar in the community. The nature of your relationship with that guy is going to be something everybody wants to know about. Not just "an outline" but the details. How much does JPop get paid for the license? How much is he going to profit from your efforts? How much control does he have over manufacturing, creative, and other aspects? People want to know.

Quoted from John_I:

I'm not sure why people get so mad about the people questioning Pintasia? It's not hard to understand the skepticism. Here are the facts:

- We've barely known Pintasia 48 hours
- They ask people to sign a no-sue contract
- They were for some reason hand selected BY JPOP HIMSELF

Edit: I should add that while I am skeptical, I would love to see Pintasia or anyone else actually pull a rabbit out of the hat and rescue this situation in a way that at least comes close to making everyone whole.

This is pretty much how I feel too..

And now there's a strange Deja Vu happening with some customers suggesting that those of with no skin in the game are creating a problem by asking tough questions. Really? We're the problem?

#12492 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd, you're the common factor in these!

#12493 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

How much does JPop get paid for the license?

Is this recoupable in a bankruptcy case?

#12494 4 years ago

It's over boys.............RIP Magic Girl, RAZA and AIW.

#12495 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seriously if there is information to share, share it, why the need to be asked for it??

Because of snide comments like this.

#12496 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

9. I didn't / couldn't take any pics b/c none of the art, parts, designs, etc. belong to John/Zidware any more - all the IP is owned by Pintasia.

What does this mean? You mean everything in his studio does not belong to him anymore?

That's not cool at all.

#12497 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Interesting, did John actually tell you this? If it was just a straight up licensing agreement as Pintasia has been saying, wouldn't John still control it? Plus, there has been far more photos/videos released in the past two weeks than two years so seems like Pintasia--if they now own the IP--likely would have been supportive of that if it helps generate excitement for the product.

#12498 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

First, I had no intention of going there to do any research or investigation for pinside. I had some art John's was going to sign, and I needed it before father's day. Given what I saw in this thread, I hesitated to say I was even there, and I'll probably regret saying I was. I do think some elaborating may help you guys - but if it doesn't, ignore me.
My thoughts and observations....
1. The game isn't in the front office anymore, its with the Pintasia folks getting stuff done so it can be at NW show.
2. anything I would say about John's comments to me on the situation, would get flamed - I'll share my thoughts on a few conclusions of mine... John realizes his reputation is trashed (for life) & he isn't a business guy. I feel John genuinely hopes Bill's team does make the games. I fell John never planned for any of this messy end-game to happen, and I feel he isn't a crook trying to steal $. I don't think John admitted to himself, that it was over for Zidware doing this alone, until the last 2 weeks or so. I think Bill's conversations with him the past 30-60 days, and the threat/serving of lawsuits created an action point.
Here's what I was thinking as John pointed out stuff on the MG (the 2nd proto and 3rd proto were in cabinets).
3. The game is beautiful in person.
4. Almost every part is custom - the costs to design, draw, proto and make these parts with custom tooling would have easily blown all the deposit $. Its easy for me to see the 10k game being done w/many standard parts, and its also clear that the 13,29,25 whatever the # of LE/custom/original MG will have $6k more costs in it just for the fact all the parts are uniquely made and crafted. When you custom design everything, you have to custom design tools to make it all. Cabinets to backglass to bolts. I'm not even sure all the screws and bolts are #6 and #8 standard!
5 Cost v. value. It will cost more for the custom v. Pintasia standard. But is it worth $6k more?- I don't know - an apron is and apron, whether its standard metal Stern or odd-sized, custom cut stainless with a special finish. SPikey leg bolts v. 8 standard bolts - probably big cost difference to draw, tools and produce spikey v. standard - what do you think , $200 more for a set - but its $200 v. $20 buck a set - no function added, but theres another cost diff, but not a value diff.
Then again, some may value the $6k diff of worth in just the sordid tale of all the variety of custom parts attempted.
6. Jeremy's artwork is stunning in person. I saw RaZA and AIW (in black and white full foam core cabinet and BG).
7. I'm going to keep my opinion to myself as to what parts or other things in his shop are worth - I have no idea.
8. John is still working... on playfields, content, parts and design in the hopes Pintasia can make games. I was surprised to see him there, honestly.
10. I do think Pintasia will be able to make the games - The next 30 days with the reveal and actions taken by the 100 or so buyers/pre-orders will tell. I say 100, b/c many bought multiple games or both titles.

This is insane that John would talk to you and will not answer any phone calls or texts from any others. This is another reason why John is in this situation.

Thanks for the info. I'm still planning on suing John. The way I see this is that John is working to try and avoid jail.

#12499 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

You are in bed with a guy that has appeared to have defrauded more than a hundred people and caused an uproar in the community. The nature of your relationship with that guy is going to be something everybody wants to know about. Not just "an outline" but the details. How much does JPop get paid for the license? How much is he going to profit from your efforts? How much control does he have over manufacturing, creative, and other aspects? People want to know.

The whole situation is horrible and I get the hate - I fluctuate between hope and anger myself. But what Bill and Pintasia are trying to accomplish is noble and genuine.

If MG prototype isn't working in a week it won't matter but... While I can't speak with absolute knowledge I'm almost 100% positive there's no money for the license directly upfront - only the promise of being allowed to continue work for a modest salary in the short term. I was there the last day of the 'deal' discussion and it was very realistic from what I saw.

Again - this may be moot if John fails the Hail Mary by not getting a working prototype in time for the show. But at least it will once again fall on him - because what bill has pulled together in the past two weeks to get the prototype playable is nothing short of amazing.

#12500 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

How much does JPop get paid for the license? How much is he going to profit from your efforts? How much control does he have over manufacturing, creative, and other aspects? People want to know.

This is pretty much how I feel too..
And now there's a strange Deja Vu happening with some customers suggesting that those of with no skin in the game are creating a problem by asking tough questions. Really? We're the problem?

Dude, if John gets ANY profits from ANYTHING related to MG, RAZA, AIW - those profits should go DIRECTLY to taking care of vendors and customers. If John makes ANY money out of this - total crock of crap.

Only in America do you screw people over, potentially get off free, AND somehow get money/make a profit.

Look, John Popadiuk, I don't care what you've been through. You have hosed over this community. You brought people to the verge of bankruptcy. You have successfully began to divide the community into two factions. You played with people's money, reputations, and businesses while you farted around playing "neverland fairytale arts and crafts" time for 4 YEARS. You should not make ANYTHING from this.

You should be counting your lucky stars that you have a roof over your head, food on your table, and people around you to call friends. You have made it to where new boutique shops are dragged across hot coals on their face here at Pinside because the community is so sick and tired of being taken advantage of. I don't care how much your feelings get hurt reading this stuff, and I know you do because we all saw the "cause and effect" that occurred at the FB page and the main Zidware pages when ANYTHING was said here.

In terms of litigation, I hope people come for anything you've got of value. I hope you fear showing your face at any show due to the sheer shame you've caused yourself. I hope anyone but you gets to have the praise and adulation if MG actually makes it to this show in a couple weeks.

I will give you this: alongside SKITB and VonnieP, you had a MAJOR hand in the hopeful death of the prepay/preorder model. This thread will serve as a reference to anyone who says "Hi guys, I'm new here in the pinball community. Should I invest thousands of dollars into this start-up company?". Personally, I will make absolutely sure your name is synonymous with "pre-pay model FAILURE" until the day I either leave this earth or the pinball hobby.

Some of us are not going to ever forget this, and heck, I didn't even have ANYTHING invested in this miserable failure.

All the best to Pintasia. I really, genuinely hope you guys are successful. The people who have invested in this total failure of a startup company deserve better. Pintasia - seriously - I wish you luck, praise, and sheer respect to try to make this work. I see this as the equivalency of trying to build a wooden ladder in hell, how the HECK can you do it when hell is so hot the wood will just spontaneously combust...? Like I said though, you guys are going to go for it, and I respect it. Hopefully, it works out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Machine - For Sale
Baltimore, MD
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside