(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 491.
#12351 8 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

John should figure a way to deliver what he sold or refund all of the money he took. Not like he's new to pinball or a teenager. Apology and explanation would be nice, but I'm sure a man with any decency and character would take responsibility and would make everyone whole one way or other.

John has shown himself to be a two faced snake in the grass.

On the one hand, when he was selling these pins he was all nice and friendly, and as we could see by his personal Facebook page, his 'friends' was all over defending him. The point being John had not ripped them off, I am sure they didn't have any idea either. One guy posted "John is the most honorable person you will ever meet". I submit to that person that based off their knowing John in some capacity he probably was nice and friendly. However John had not taken that persons money and farted around and not delivered a pin to that person. Here on Pinside we know the real facts, slowly to come to light maybe because of the NDA (there was a good reason he didn't want people to see how little work he had really done).

#12352 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

two faced snake

Python said in the famous topcast interview about Jpop 'the guy doesn't even feel about pinball, he will do anything. he is a chameleon.. a lizard... and Python knows it because Python is the king of snakes.'... 'I eat Popadiuks for breakfast'

#12353 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

When Alice was announced, and deposits taken, I started to see it as a shell game

Thought it started to with deposits on the second one. At announcements of the third, sadly, I laughed out loud and said "Who in their right mind would preorder this guy's third game before he's even produced one finished version, or even a finished prototype of his first?" I feel bad now for the people who trusted in him.

#12354 8 years ago

Edit: just frustrated. Removing post

#12355 8 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

John should figure a way to deliver what he sold or refund all of the money he took.

Yes, those are the only two responsible options. 100% of the money given was for physical products, not as venture capital.

#12356 8 years ago
Quoted from TheZohan:

Thought it started to with deposits on the second one. At announcements of the third, sadly, I laughed out loud and said "Who in their right mind would preorder this guy's third game before he's even produced one finished version, or even a finished prototype of his first?" I feel bad now for the people who trusted in him.

Takes three shells to make a shell game.

#12357 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So much of the ill will could have been avoided had John been more honest about everything. He could still go a long way to repairing his reputation by coming clean even today. Most people don't want to think of him badly. It will not solve all the legal headaches, but could help with 80%. Enough that he could show his face again at a pinball show.
Basically do this:
-Stop blaming anyone else
-A real apology
-In hindsight, when did you realize this was mission impossible
-Why did you continue with the charade
-Talk about living with the lies, how deep it went, how you treated the people closest to you
-How did you hope it would end, once you knew you'd never be able to do it on your own
-Explain what thought/planning went into the budget/numbers
-What kind of BOM did you come up with, and how did you think you could get it done?
-What went through your mind when you were challenged by your customers with good questions and how you dealt with that
-The reasoning of treating your vendors so badly
-Did you think you could recover
-Talk about how you didn't see yourself as a bad person, but your actions could only be described as being a bad person
I could keep going actually.... there is a lot to be mended. It was years of deception, lies, poor choices and terrible behavior. I believe most people want to forgive and move on though. But it's up to John to do anything about it.

Sounds like you want a Dr. Phil / Oprah special.

I think most people would settle for a refund or a pinball machine.

#12358 8 years ago

Even 75% refund would probably be accepted, if John took a salary it was wrong because the money was for delivering 3 different games. He should dip into his savings/checking account and repay any money he paid himself.

Chris cointaker why have you not filed for a court ordered payment?

#12359 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

if John took a salary it was wrong because the money was for delivering 3 different games.

Who can really argue with that. He shouldn't have taken a salary with no product delivered and should give the money back.

#12360 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

With $5895 paid for AIW, thinking i was "almost" done sending money?
Now i have to send another $10.000 to receive magic girl if i switch.
I live in the netherlands europe,i will need to hire someone in the usa that physically picks up the machine for me,does anyone of you know someone i can trust and send $10.000 to?
It is too dicy for me as i can lose more and i will be the laugh of the netherlands??

I would not send a single dime at this moment. Since you live abroad the US I think it would even more difficult to get your money back. How did you pay ? Have you tried to get your money back yet ?

#12361 8 years ago

There are two realities working here. There is the certainty of Zane Smith lawsuit. Anyone not seeing that is averting their eyes. Then there are owners who still Believe! Even right now as we speak. I conclude that there will still be Believe!ers even while they are auctioning Zidware and John Popadiuk items.

The lawsuit marches on. Some of the Believe!ers stay on board with John. To quote a fellow pinhead , "Pinball, ladies and gentlemen." =)

#12362 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Take John to the NW show, and have a charity Dunk Tank he has to sit in.
All proceeds go to the MGRAZAAIW relief fund.

Brilliant.

Image deleted by mod.

#12363 8 years ago

Zombie Yeti,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for contributing to this forum. Your work is amazing and the KISS artwork is flat out fantastic.

Did you do this? If so it needs to be a shirt. Take my money!
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 3.35.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-30 at 3.35.22 PM.png

Also do you think the video assets shown in the photo below from the Zidware Kiss pinball will ever see the light of day?
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 3.35.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-30 at 3.35.41 PM.png

Thanks!

-Puck

#12364 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Python said in the famous topcast interview about Jpop 'the guy doesn't even feel about pinball, he will do anything. he is a chameleon.. a lizard... and Python knows it because Python is the king of snakes.'... 'I eat Popadiuks for breakfast'

That is very interesting. I wish I'd heard that at the time...

Which topcast was that in?

#12365 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

#42 of all things, the answer to life the universe and everything.

#12366 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Zombie Yeti,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for contributing to this forum. Your work is amazing and the KISS artwork is flat out fantastic.
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 3.35.22 PM.png
Also do you think the video assets shown in the photo below from the Zidware Kiss pinball will ever see the light of day?
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 3.35.41 PM.png
Thanks!
-Puck

Kiss of course was the 4th shell game from Jpop.

I agree that ZY has been a hugely positive contributor to this otherwise inevitably negative thread. The best thing about MG etc for me was the artwork, which I assumed was Jpop's, and of course it wasn't! If ZY hasn't been paid, he should sell the MG and other artwork himself. Wonderful stuff. We should try to get positives out of this situation, and ZY is one indeed.

#12367 8 years ago

Whats up with this KISS game ? When did JPOP made this one ? Did he use funds from MG/RAZA/AIW to make this ?

#12368 8 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Whats up with this KISS game ? When did JPOP made this one ? Did he use funds from MG/RAZA/AIW to make this ?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-2014

#12369 8 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

John didn't say, but the reality is he used all the funds collected interchangeably, in other words RAZA money (more than any other) was used since that's the majority of money collected, which is ironic.

#12370 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

There are two realities working here. There is the certainty of Zane Smith lawsuit. Anyone not seeing that is averting their eyes. Then there are owners who still Believe! Even right now as we speak. I conclude that there will still be Believe!ers even while they are auctioning Zidware and John Popadiuk items.
The lawsuit marches on. Some of the Believe!ers stay on board with John. To quote a fellow pinhead , "Pinball, ladies and gentlemen." =)

It's true. The class action should be initiated within 7 days, hopefully.

Jpop, you see that dead rat in the corner of the garden, that ate the brightly coloured, enticing grain that turned out to be poison? That's you, that is.

[Caveat: this is not a death threat, officer, it's a joke, based on a UK comedy series' punchline].

e.g.

#12371 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Zombie Yeti,
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 3.35.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 3.35.41 PM.png
Thanks!
-Puck

Yeah - I did that - had actually completely forgotten about it

No clue on kiss - the Lcd art was by the cabinet art guy... And on my last visit to zidware the prototype was nowhere to be found.

#12372 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Kiss of course was the 4th shell game from Jpop.
I agree that ZY has been a hugely positive contributor to this otherwise inevitably negative thread. The best thing about MG etc for me was the artwork, which I assumed was Jpop's, and of course it wasn't! If ZY hasn't been paid, he should sell the MG and other artwork himself. Wonderful stuff. We should try to get positives out of this situation, and ZY is one indeed.

Appreciate the kind words. The sh!t part for me is I was paid as I went (sometimes after checks lost in the mail) and the unpaid invoice(s) are for RAZA playfield final inks & color work. So I'm not sure what that means for me if zidware goes belly up.

That said, to recoup I have considered selling the first MG prototype backglass... But not sure it'd be desirable, all things considered

image.jpgimage.jpg

And a side note to prove my geek cred - that Shakespeare bust on my desk is a working one from Batman 66 they remade a handful for the TV movie shoot about 10 years ago and I snagged one
It's operates my lights in the studio...

#12373 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

And a side note to prove my geek cred - that Shakespeare bust on my desk is a working one from Batman 66 they remade a handful for the TV movie shoot about 10 years ago and I snagged one

Props.

#12374 8 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

You know that was another 'good will' project that was made for pennies (for my pay) in a short amount of time. That was during a 2 week period where a production company came to shoot a proposed pinball reality show at zidware. I have stories there - but I'll save them for now because I'm a tease

#12375 8 years ago

You could name your price for that backglass.

#12376 8 years ago

IMHO There is no "if" about Zidware going belly up. Only when. And that is soon.

#12377 8 years ago

bidding war!

Quoted from jwilson:You could name your price for that backglass.

#12378 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I wish haha

#12379 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Totally, sign me up for that auction. Any chance you can use that art on a tee or is it property of Zid? Would be a very successful teespring or DBH addition.

#12380 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I have considered selling the first MG prototype backglass... But not sure it'd be desirable, all things considered

Opening bid $300

#12382 8 years ago
#12383 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd pay $500 for it, easily.

That US or Canadian? Everything in this hobby costs you and I 20% more now.

#12384 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/topcast_42.mp3
Around 1:37 is where he tells it like it is about jpop

#12385 8 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

Watch out, you might start a bidding war here......

Not even sure if I'd part with it - technically there are 2 - one slightly thicker from a competing vendor. They were to test printers and quality. The color was unfinished at the time - but close.

I swear if I decide to part with either I'll let you guys know. For now I don't want to sidetrack the discussion here

Pick up the pitchforks and resume

#12386 8 years ago

Put the art on some t shirts.

In fact you can come up with a whole line of shit. Put me down for some clay drink coasters. I can use em for target practice

#12387 8 years ago

Is the MG at the show today? Figured we would see some vid's by now. Did I miss something?

#12388 8 years ago
#12389 8 years ago

Dammit..... now I have to keep up with this thread for at least another week..... lol

Thanks for the correction. =)

#12390 8 years ago
#12391 8 years ago

That translite is beautiful. I'd buy that MG art on a t-shirt!

Make it a limited edition shirt (1 of 199) and price it at $159.95 dollars.

Where do I send my pre-order money for the shirt?

#12392 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

That translite is beautiful. I'd buy that MG art on a t-shirt!
Make it a limited edition shirt (1 of 199) and price it at $159.95 dollars.
Where do I send my pre-order money for the shirt?

Almost had one for NW... Time frame was too tight...
image.jpgimage.jpg

#12393 8 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

shoot me.jpgshoot me.jpg

#12394 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Appreciate the kind words. The sh!t part for me is I was paid as I went (sometimes after checks lost in the mail) and the unpaid invoice(s) are for RAZA playfield final inks & color work. So I'm not sure what that means for me if zidware goes belly up.
That said, to recoup I have considered selling the first MG prototype backglass... But not sure it'd be desirable, all things considered
image.jpg

One of the main manufactures needs to give you a job. You do phenomenal work.

#12395 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

That said, to recoup I have considered sellingthe first MG prototype backglass... But not sure it'd be desirable, all things considered
image.jpg

There should be a new thread started for showing off the hard work of all those who contributed to these projects!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#12396 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd pay $500 for it, easily.

time to put it on ebay zombieyeti. There is interest.

#12397 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

For that to work out, these main manufactures would need to start on original themes again, as with all this licensed stuff lately there is no entry for that kind of art.

#12398 8 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

For that to work out, these main manufactures would need to start on original themes again, as with all this licensed stuff lately there is no entry for that kind of art.

Stern just released an original theme = Big Juicy Melons.
Spooky = America's Most Haunted

Both Kiss and Metallica have hand drawn art.

Sad fact = licensed themes sell better than non licensed themes.

#12399 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

There is one actual 'main' manufacture of pinball and the rest are literally boutique players. The one of interest has a stable of starving artists in line to work for nearly nothing.

#12400 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Stern just released an original theme = Big Juicy Melons.
Spooky = America's Most Haunted
Both Kiss and Metallica have hand drawn art.
Sad fact = licensed themes sell better than non licensed themes.

I don't know, maybe Retro Atomic ZombieYetiland would do OK.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/248 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.