(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 491.
#12301 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Lastly (for today) unfinished KISS inks... I did the inks for the playfield and color in about 3 days. It was during the 'reality TV' sizzle so we had to prove we could turn around a machine in a short period.

That art is beautiful. Love how you incorporated the Love Gun girls on it. As an 10 year old looking at that album cover back in 1979, they filled my dreams for years.

#12302 8 years ago

Ugh, this thread......

#12303 8 years ago

Bill, please follow up with me about taking a serious look at this game with industry professionals. After talking to me on the phone last Tuesday you said you would follow up with me via email but you have not. I know you have a lot on your plate, but this project deserves the prospective it deserves before moving forward.

#12304 8 years ago

Just went to zombieyeti website. Wow!...just Wow!

#12305 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What pin made in the past 10 years does not fall short in ATLEAST 1 of those categories?

Metallica comes to mind fairly quickly. (Categories: Designer/Coder/Artist/Musician)

Quoted from zombieyeti:

So .... when and where can we acquire this AIW artwork? This would look great framed in my office. If you had the print for the playfield, I would probably buy it and put it on a piece of wood for my wall.
Outstanding work!

Yes I think we all agree ZY's art would sell well as stand-alone, an is a way to recoup any potential lost money on pinball art that doesn't make it to production.

#12306 8 years ago

I absolutely love that Kiss backglass art! And the Bill Murray was limited to 15? Damn.

#12307 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I appreciate that. But between you and I (don't share with other pinsiders) - I'm just a geeky guy who's lucky to get to draw rad stuff for people (who pay). I'm fortunate - and grateful.
I like people here - even the ones who hate everything they're fun! I'll try not to stay too far away if I can.
And I'll consider doing some pinball prints... Got some ideas even - will run them by you guys when I have time

Zombie Yeti, may I suggest an idea to you? There are several pinball machines that are beloved by collectors that have lackluster backglasses or translites. An artist of your caliber could likely draw custom backglasses that would really improve the look of the game and would probably sell very well. People even like to just hang that stuff on their wall. Might be something to think about!

#12308 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If he has a Corp and the Corp files bankruptcy, it won't necessarily touch his assets personally. Of course he may not have done that, dunno

Judging by how much he liked to talk to lawyers, I'm certain he did that. Based on how shitty of a businessman he is, I also expect he fully pierced the veil and his personal assets would be on the line assuming competent counsel goes after them. Business ownership is all fun and tax games until somebody drags yer ass into court and you have to explain yourself.

#12309 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I appreciate the support man
I do and I do
Zombieyeti.com - portfolio (in need of updating)
Zombieyeti.bigcartel.com (prints and stuff)

Really cool stuff, nice!

#12310 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Zombie yeti is also on IG and is pretty active. I co-hosted a One and Done podcast last night and the theme was positive things in the hobby. Of course we had to bring Jpop up but the silver lining is having an artist like Zombieyeti now on the pinball radar. Amazing work and hope we do see it on a real production game soon.

Custom translites would be cool for many games. Or maybe some re-themes. It seems to be forgotten these days but way before Donnie did Metallica he did Hellacopters and the original Metallica re-theme of Earthshaker.

#12311 8 years ago

I was thinking the same thing, haven't played wwe, but it sounds like it's kind of a dog. I can see the ring being slow and used too much but could that be fixed with code? What if stern hired zombie to make a crazy ass zombie mutants wresting game with kick ass art work, would that give that game enough traction to get get the code polished? Just spit balling here. And actually same applies to TWD in my opinion, but with zombie's artwork it checks another box. Stern is in the mod business these days.

#12312 8 years ago

With $5895 paid for AIW, thinking i was "almost" done sending money?

Now i have to send another $10.000 to receive magic girl if i switch.

I live in the netherlands europe,i will need to hire someone in the usa that physically picks up the machine for me,does anyone of you know someone i can trust and send $10.000 to?

It is too dicy for me as i can lose more and i will be the laugh of the netherlands??

#12313 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Actually I think I was working with John first - but I'm basing that on the fact that his painting include details & character work I had done ... it was about 2 years in that the cab art started - unless john hid it from me on visits
The weird part is I do digital painting as well but john brought in someone else - I can only assume it was a monetary benefit to him

The way i saw it working during my time there was Matt was doing the graphic screens for the display and your good self was doing the playfield & cab art. I could never get an answer off John as to why he needed 2 different art guys, but i guessed it was because of your own preferred areas (obviously not the case now real info is out).

This is another prime example of what i've been talking about with the silo nature of being a contractor there. Non-one ever spoke to anyone else, or even really knew what anyone else was doing. Everything went through John via the Zidware dropbox shares. So sad....

#12314 8 years ago

Couple of new videos to show:

Firstly a video describing how the diagnostics built into the system was working. This was a development video that i would upload to the dropbox shares for John benefit and also (i assumed) would be shared to the owners blogs (which i did NOT have access to)

Next, a test video forhte jackpot lit lamp effect. Again this was shot for development reference purposes and to be shared on the owners blogs.

Again i am still working my way through all my archived files so there will be more to share. I am doing this as a means to help myself with some much needed therapy and give something positive for all the people involved, as well as show what i did. The upcoming demo of the game will certainly be interesting

#12315 8 years ago

I watched the Adobe Inspire video through Zombiyeti's website. What a great video, and it takes you to JPOPs studio/workshop. There is a separate video about the collaboration of the two. Fascinating. I think if I had seen that video before I would have been lining up to order a pin. I'm glad I'm only seeing it now. Fantastic artwork.

#12316 8 years ago
#12317 8 years ago

It is MADNESS to continue to send money to this guy,........MADNESS!!!!!

I'd rather set fire to my feet and chew them off.

#12318 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Now I'll let you back to the good stuff - conjecture and conspiracies
Seriously though - I'm hoping for the best for all involved here. But I'm finally through the grieving stages and can accept any outcome.
Bill is working hard for everyone and he deserves some slack during the process... I wouldn't want to do his job in this mess.
And worse case - I can always start back up on my secret backup plan..
image.jpg

lol. How about Tricky Bitch?

#12319 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If John would apologize, explain what happened in his words, show the financial details, all of this would go down much easier for me.

Shit happens and businesses fail. The way this went down. Not right in so many ways.

So much of the ill will could have been avoided had John been more honest about everything. He could still go a long way to repairing his reputation by coming clean even today. Most people don't want to think of him badly. It will not solve all the legal headaches, but could help with 80%. Enough that he could show his face again at a pinball show.

Basically do this:

-Stop blaming anyone else
-A real apology
-In hindsight, when did you realize this was mission impossible
-Why did you continue with the charade
-Talk about living with the lies, how deep it went, how you treated the people closest to you
-How did you hope it would end, once you knew you'd never be able to do it on your own
-Explain what thought/planning went into the budget/numbers
-What kind of BOM did you come up with, and how did you think you could get it done?
-What went through your mind when you were challenged by your customers with good questions and how you dealt with that
-The reasoning of treating your vendors so badly
-Did you think you could recover
-Talk about how you didn't see yourself as a bad person, but your actions could only be described as being a bad person

I could keep going actually.... there is a lot to be mended. It was years of deception, lies, poor choices and terrible behavior. I believe most people want to forgive and move on though. But it's up to John to do anything about it.

#12320 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So much of the ill will could have been avoided had John been more honest about everything. He could still go a long way to repairing his reputation by coming clean even today. Most people don't want to think of him badly. It will not solve all the legal headaches, but could help with 80%. Enough that he could show his face again at a pinball show.

I agree, Frolic. Sometimes people (at the very least) just want to see some remorse.

#12321 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Why WoZ of course. It's the best built, highest quality pin ever.

Totally agree. JJP has set a totally new standard for quality and fun.

#12323 8 years ago

Frolic- I agree totally. Frankly, if Jpop had bothered to communicate properly and honestly, I wouldn't have sued. Ironically, it was the 'do not sue' clause that pushed me the last inch to sue. Even in the final twitches of Zidware's life, he was trying to play it clever with his beloved legal agreements. Major fail. NDAs, purchase agreements. Never had that with other pinball purchases. That alone should have warned me off bothering with Zidware.

Jpop has behaved in an abominable fashion, and is now, what, running away? A coward as well as a scoundrel.

I remember Jpop telling me he was setting up that pinball school, and also volunteer-run manufacturing in UK and Europe. Of course, we now realise that was just a front to get people to work for free. Which goes back to the point, what exactly did he spend the money on? Hopefully his accounts will be audited and we'll all find out in due course...

#12324 8 years ago

popcorn.jpgpopcorn.jpg

Seriously though, I have no dog in the race, but it is interesting to see the photos and videos that have come out since this change. At least things are trying to be done.

Hope all are made whole and these can get made for the people that want one.

Chris

#12325 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

He was being sarcastic...

#12326 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I like people here - even the ones who hate everything

You would like RGP even more

#12327 8 years ago

From photos of John's shop I'd guess 200k of the money went towards wide format printer ink.

The first dozen banners you hang on the wall that say "Believe Wow Zap!" don't do anything, but once you get to around 30 productivity skyrockets to 5% efficiency.

#12328 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Totally?

#12329 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

And I'll consider doing some pinball prints... Got some ideas even - will run them by you guys when I have time

I think you could be very successful with pinball-style art prints. I love what you did for these titles and look forward to seeing what you come up with!

#12330 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Zombie Yeti, may I suggest an idea to you? There are several pinball machines that are beloved by collectors that have lackluster backglasses or translites. An artist of your caliber could likely draw custom backglasses that would really improve the look of the game and would probably sell very well. People even like to just hang that stuff on their wall. Might be something to think about!

AcDc please.

#12331 8 years ago

I'm not getting the apology sentiment. Would it really help if he apologized for jerking us around for months/years when he knew for a LONG time he had no money or intention of actually building anything. Would it help if he apologized for continuing to take money from people only a few weeks ago when he knew they weren't going to get a machine? When he stopped paying people who worked on the project? When he stopped returning phone calls or answering questions? Could he not have apologized to people one at a time? Let's face it, he did what he wanted, he played art and crafts for a few years and took a good salary on our dime. He didn't give 2 shits about accountability for anyone's money enough to even keep decent records. He didn't include us in any of the buy-out talks. He didn't give refunds. He legally protected himself from any personal liability. He didn't abide by his contract. He didn't show buyers any pictures or videos like he promised. He didn't update his blogs as he promised. He misled and lied about completion dates and reveals. He blamed everyone and their mother for everything that went wrong.

In my opinion he had known for a long time that he was going to screw us and put on a charade because he was too spineless to be honest with us. He has no moral compass, integrity or character. He is a piece of sh*t and will remain unforgiven by me. I hope he goes broke and goes to jail, probably the only time he will have to think about what he did wrong.

#12332 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinmot:

I think you could be very successful with pinball-style art prints. I love what you did for these titles and look forward to seeing what you come up with!

I'd like to see a couple pinball shirts with zombieyeti art

#12333 8 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I'm not getting the apology sentiment.

Oh, for certain it would not satisfy everyone. I also suspect one is not forthcoming (certainly one of any real value), so it is moot.

#12334 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

He can't hide for long. He has to file an appearance in court on or before June 4th, the day before the start of the 2015 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show...
https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcounty/FindDock.asp?NCase=&SearchType=2&Database=1&case_no=&Year=&div=&caseno=&PLtype=2&sname=popadiuk&CDate=

I don't see that this matter has been certified as a class action. IMHO, if it was going to be brought as a class action, it would have been better served to do so in the United States District Court in Illinois. The case caption doesn't even reference it as a class action (but I have not seen the actual complaint -- perhaps someone would like to share it here).

And. Getting a Judgment is one thing - collecting it is an equine of a different hue......

#12335 8 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I'm not getting the apology sentiment. Would it really help if he apologized for jerking us around for months/years when he knew for a LONG time he had no money or intention of actually building anything.

Not at this point. Maybe initially when he realized he created his very own Titanic. Unless of course he knew from the very start that he was sunk and just didn't care. Problem is, a lot of people say they know it's a risk sending cash to a "start up", but I don't think the risk is ever very real to them until something like this happens.

#12336 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Problem is a lot of people say they know it's a risk sending cash to a "start up", but I don't think the risk is ever very real to them until something like this happens.

Looking back, I wouldn't have sent my money in if I had considered it "at risk". I was that confident.

So.... lesson learned.

#12337 8 years ago

Give me ONE example of how he showed any remorse for anything he has done so far? In my opinion he is a sociopath and a criminal.

#12338 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was that confident.

I wasn't in on it and I thought it was a lock that they were going to be made.

Quoted from NYP:

Give me ONE example of how he showed any remorse for anything he has done so far?

There aren't any, that's why people want his hide.

#12339 8 years ago

I'd be happy to talk to people about filing a class action in the United States District Court. I think there's a basis for allegations of fraud and embezzlement counts which *could* be excepted from bankruptcy under 11 USC 523, in the event there is a bankruptcy (or more than one) filed. Apparently the case which was referenced in this thread earlier was dismissed. Not sure why.

#12340 8 years ago

I like zombiyeti's KISS backglass more than the new Stern one. No offense to Kevin, but zombie's has more character to it. Maybe there's an opportunity for zombie to team up with CPR for alternate translites.

#12341 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I like zombiyeti's KISS backglass more than the new Stern one. No offense to Kevin, but zombie's has more character to it. Maybe there's an opportunity for zombie to team up with CPR for alternate translites.

100% agreed! More eye candy with Yeti's version.

#12342 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

With $5895 paid for AIW, thinking i was "almost" done sending money?
Now i have to send another $10.000 to receive magic girl if i switch.
I live in the netherlands europe,i will need to hire someone in the usa that physically picks up the machine for me,does anyone of you know someone i can trust and send $10.000 to?
It is too dicy for me as i can lose more and i will be the laugh of the netherlands??

Why the F are you downvoting me for this post JIFFY? are you stupid?
You no-profile nobody,what is there to downvote?
It is just a question for help to the pinside community?
swallow a pinball !

#12343 8 years ago

No,swallow a bag of them

#12344 8 years ago

John should apologize

#12345 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

John should apologize

Yep...and as long as that apology is accompanied by a $6,500 check, I'll accept it.

#12346 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Looking back, I wouldn't have sent my money in if I had considered it "at risk". I was that confident.
So.... lesson learned.

Conversely, the only reason that I asked for a refund is that I had my doubts that the pin would either be very, very late, or not made at all. I thought it was more likely that it would just be very late, but would be built and delivered eventually.

#12347 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Conversely, the only reason that I asked for a refund is that I had my doubts that the pin would either be very, very late, or not made at all. I thought it was more likely that it would just be very late, but would be built and delivered eventually.

I always figured Magic Girl would get done, and that would put everyone's minds at ease. Worst, and expected case, was that he would produce more MGs.

When Alice was announced, and deposits taken, I started to see it as a shell game, but still figured the earlier games would get done, financed by the last one.

By the time Alice was announced, I had stopped sending money in.

Oh well.

#12348 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

John should apologize

John should figure a way to deliver what he sold or refund all of the money he took. Not like he's new to pinball or a teenager. Apology and explanation would be nice, but I'm sure a man with any decency and character would take responsibility and would make everyone whole one way or other.

#12349 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Worst, and expected case, was that he would produce more MGs.

You're not alone in thinking like this about unproven pinball manufacturers. I can't tell you how many people here have said something like, "Worst case predator rules suck." Or something like that about their pre-order pin. I've corrected a few reminding them worst case is you lose your money.

#12350 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I've corrected a few reminding them worst case is you lose your money.

Well, they all talked a good game, that's for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/247 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.