(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 486.
#12251 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Weird. I was about to post the exact same thing.

AND your tank is filled with what?? thumbtacs ??

I think a pay per view court trial would raise some money for sure.

Money raised to refund the scammed buyers, to build a pin not so much..

#12252 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Sooo, on a positive note thought I'd share this as I reminisce through what files I still have access to
I actually did each character and element separately as vector art knowing john might move things around or pull pieces for reuse. Was quite an undertaking to keep my process as natural as possible. I first did this on KISS and finally perfected it here so I wouldn't loose anything in the translation... Was pretty proud of it anyway...
image.jpg
Carry on...

Looks sick thanks for sharing!!

#12253 4 years ago

Zombie you are a great artist.

#12254 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Zombie you are a great artist.

Don't oversell me
I'm always learning - got a ways to go- but appreciate the sentiment. There are better artists out there!

#12255 4 years ago

And to add some levity to this all - we do have jpop to thanks for me even approaching AIW - initially, I couldn't imagine doing anything original with that property. Been done by Disney and Tim burton - how do you make anything not unintentionally derivative? I didn't want to touch it. But he did have faith in me and I managed to pull it off better than I expected. Really proud of the cab art too...

Call it Stockholm syndrome or the result of little sleep - but I'll give him credit for making me do it?

#12256 4 years ago

Take my AIW money!!! . Awesome as usual Yeti

If John would apologize, explain what happened in his words, show the financial details, all of this would go down much easier for me.

Shit happens and businesses fail. The way this went down. Not right in so many ways.

As for the litigation, John is being sued by plenty of people, for me I'm happy to let them fight over the scraps and save the further headache.

That doesn't mean I don't want justice whatever that is.

Giving Bill a rectal exam and not the benefit of the doubt isn't fair to him. He's a really good guy from my viewpoint.

John should have gotten the rectal exam, along with SkitB, from day one. How do we all miss that by a huge margin, and then we are so good at ripping people apart after the fact?

Live and learn sure but some of this stuff is ridiculous.

#12257 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think if he even apologized a lot of people would be way happier.

That would be 90% of it for me. Just some honesty, realism and apologies where necessary. It is hard making pinball machines. We all know that. But please give regular, honest communication to your customers. I've pre-ordered quite a few machines, and with the exception of Skit-B the companies have all been far better than Jpop.

#12258 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Sooo, on a positive note thought I'd share this as I reminisce through what files I still have access to
I actually did each character and element separately as vector art knowing john might move things around or pull pieces for reuse. Was quite an undertaking to keep my process as natural as possible. I first did this on KISS and finally perfected it here so I wouldn't loose anything in the translation... Was pretty proud of it anyway...
image.jpg
Carry on...

I dunno... it's good but I prefer photoshop stuff.

I'M KIDDING DON'T SHOOT

#12259 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Take my AIW money!!! . Awesome as usual Yeti
If John would apologize, explain what happened in his words, show the financial details, all of this would go down much easier for me.
Shit happens and businesses fail. The way this went down. Not right in so many ways.

Seriously. Let it be known forever on the internet - John Popadiuk - alleged pinball designer - is a THEIF & A COWARD!!!!

Scrubbing his website & both Facebook pages....you can run, Jplop, but you can't...er...wait, yes, you can hide, too - beyotch.

#12260 4 years ago

zombieyeti > do you have a website?

Also, do you have any interest in doing rock art posters?
I know a few people and will point them in your direction.

I would like to buy some art prints from you and would HIGHLY suggest some full color limited edition prints of your work.

I would buy one of that AiW image above or similar character work. I like your style.

#12261 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, do you have any interest in doing rock art posters?
I know a few people and will point them in your direction.
I would like to buy some art prints from you and would HIGHLY suggest some full color limited edition prints of your work.
I would buy one of that AiW image above or similar character work. I like your style.

I appreciate the support man
I do and I do

Zombieyeti.com - portfolio (in need of updating)

Zombieyeti.bigcartel.com (prints and stuff)

#12262 4 years ago
#12263 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Seriously. Let it be known forever on the internet - John Popadiuk - alleged pinball designer - is a THEIF & A COWARD!!!!
Scrubbing his website & both Facebook pages....you can run, Jplop, but you can't...er...wait, yes, you can hide, too - beyotch.

He can't hide for long. He has to file an appearance in court on or before June 4th, the day before the start of the 2015 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show...

https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcounty/FindDock.asp?NCase=&SearchType=2&Database=1&case_no=&Year=&div=&caseno=&PLtype=2&sname=popadiuk&CDate=

Cook County Clerk Of The Circuit Court
--------------------------------------------
Case Information Summary for Case Number: 2015-M1-110181
Filing Date: 5/7/2015
Case Type: CONTRACT
Division: Municipal Division
District: First Municipal
Ad Damnum: $30,000.00

Activity Date: 5/7/2015
Participant: POPADIUK JOHN A

IF SERVED, FILE AN APPEARANCE IN ROOM 602 ON OR BEFORE ======>
Date: 6/4/2015

#12264 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You'll never guess the URL: http://www.zombieyeti.com

#12265 4 years ago

F*ck the apologies, I want him dismissed, imprisoned, penalized, castigated, chastised, confined, defrocked, exiled, expelled, flogged, incarcerated, scolded, sentenced, spanked, whipped, assaulted, bashed, beaten, bruised, broken, clobbered, crippled, crushed, defaced, destroyed, disabled, disfigured, lacerated, mangled, pummeled, mutilated, pelted, pounded, ruined, shattered, smashed, thrashed, walloped, wrecked and raked over the coals, then torture him some more and repeat. Apologies????, HAH I say ......

#12266 4 years ago

Zombie yeti is also on IG and is pretty active. I co-hosted a One and Done podcast last night and the theme was positive things in the hobby. Of course we had to bring Jpop up but the silver lining is having an artist like Zombieyeti now on the pinball radar. Amazing work and hope we do see it on a real production game soon.

#12267 4 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

I wonder where and why the switch happened between Matt Andrews and Zombie Yeti.
https://www.facebook.com/mandraws

Maybe Matt didn't appreciate the whole "not getting paid" thing and left?

His Linked-In says he is still working there....
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/matt-andrews/26/a66/5a2

Freelance Illustrator
Zidware, Inc
June 2012 – Present (3 years)Greater Chicago Area (telecommuter)
Digitally painted game art for pinball machines, interactive displays, and posters.

Art for BHZA:
http://mandraws.com/post/48566983289/posters-digital-promotional-pieces

#12268 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

F*ck the apologies, I want him dismissed, imprisoned, penalized, castigated, chastised, confined, defrocked, exiled, expelled, flogged, incarcerated, scolded, sentenced, spanked, whipped, assaulted, bashed, beaten, bruised, broken, clobbered, crippled, crushed, defaced, destroyed, disabled, disfigured, lacerated, mangled, pummeled, mutilated, pelted, pounded, ruined, shattered, smashed, thrashed, walloped, wrecked and raked over the coals, then torture him some more and repeat. Apologies????, HAH I say ......

Come on man don't "sugarcoat it" tell us how you really feel

#12269 4 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

I wonder where and why the switch happened between Matt Andrews and Zombie Yeti.
https://www.facebook.com/mandraws

Is this the side cabinet painter for MG & RAZA? Ironically, I did a ton of concept work for free in promise of being paid for the completion that john took to (I assume) this guy to do the cabinet art.

The lion saw on MG cab for one...

#12270 4 years ago
#12271 4 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

Yes, he has done the side art, but also some display art as well as far as we have been able to see in the videos from Applejuice.
He probably was working on these things before you came into the picture.

Actually I think I was working with John first - but I'm basing that on the fact that his painting include details & character work I had done ... it was about 2 years in that the cab art started - unless john hid it from me on visits

The weird part is I do digital painting as well but john brought in someone else - I can only assume it was a monetary benefit to him

#12272 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

image.jpg
Carry on...

So .... when and where can we acquire this AIW artwork? This would look great framed in my office. If you had the print for the playfield, I would probably buy it and put it on a piece of wood for my wall.

Outstanding work!

#12273 4 years ago

Speaking of cabinets - I played around with some ideas to do some sculptural cabinets too... Had a really great idea for interaction on this... Rough sketch..

image.jpg

#12274 4 years ago

Blimey, hasn't Jpop played people against each other? Awful.

But a lot of conning going on, so he must have loads of dosh squirreled away.

#12275 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Speaking of cabinets - I played around with some ideas to do some sculptural cabinets too... Had a really great idea for interaction on this... Rough sketch..
image.jpg

Fantastic! I'd love to see a Necronomicon/Evil Dead pin like this

#12276 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I do and I do

LoL at the cartel reference

#12277 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

He can't hide for long. He has to file an appearance in court on or before June 4th, the day before the start of the 2015 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show...
https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcounty/FindDock.asp?NCase=&SearchType=2&Database=1&case_no=&Year=&div=&caseno=&PLtype=2&sname=popadiuk&CDate=

I've heard from two sources that this case has been dropped. There are many others in process though, and Jpop will not be allowed to hide. As certain as our money being stolen.

I want every detail of this sorry project to be forensically extracted from Jpop under oath and via investigation, and publicly displayed. He will not get away with this, and will be made to pay (via legal, due process, as is proper).

#12278 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I do and I do

WOW. You already have your sh!t together! Nice!

Make more art prints of pinball in nature and I will buy them up (as will many others)
We already like collectible and limited crap

#12279 4 years ago

Lastly (for today) unfinished KISS inks... I did the inks for the playfield and color in about 3 days. It was during the 'reality TV' sizzle so we had to prove we could turn around a machine in a short period.

The irony was palpable

image.jpgimage.jpg

#12280 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Sooo, on a positive note thought I'd share this as I reminisce through what files I still have access to...

#12281 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Lastly (for today) unfinished KISS inks... I did the inks for the playfield and color in about 3 days. It was during the 'reality TV' sizzle so we had to prove we could turn around a machine in a short period.
The irony was palpable
image.jpg image.jpg

You seem like a pretty cool dude. After all this JPop stuff is over, I hope you stick around to hang out.

I really like your art and like whysnow said, do some pinball art prints! We will buy them!

#12282 4 years ago

Now I'll let you back to the good stuff - conjecture and conspiracies

Seriously though - I'm hoping for the best for all involved here. But I'm finally through the grieving stages and can accept any outcome.

Bill is working hard for everyone and he deserves some slack during the process... I wouldn't want to do his job in this mess.

And worse case - I can always start back up on my secret backup plan..

image.jpg

#12283 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You seem like a pretty cool dude. After all this JPop stuff is over, I hope you stick around to hang out.
I really like your art and like whysnow said, do some pinball art prints! We will buy them!

I appreciate that. But between you and I (don't share with other pinsiders) - I'm just a geeky guy who's lucky to get to draw rad stuff for people (who pay). I'm fortunate - and grateful.

I like people here - even the ones who hate everything they're fun! I'll try not to stay too far away if I can.

And I'll consider doing some pinball prints... Got some ideas even - will run them by you guys when I have time

#12284 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I'm just a geeky guy who's lucky...

Dude, you just described 90% of the people on Pinside. No wonder you fit in here!

#12285 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I'm just a geeky guy

That's why you're an Ars Technica reader, we wouldn't have it any other way.

#12286 4 years ago
#12287 4 years ago
#12288 4 years ago

If he has a Corp and the Corp files bankruptcy, it won't necessarily touch his assets personally. Of course he may not have done that, dunno

#12289 4 years ago

Oops - looks like everyone was last seen May 30, 2015 when you tap their icon. New site update glitch

#12290 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

JPOP
Setting high scores everywhere as POP
Pinsider since May 27th, 2011
Last seen May 30th, 2015 <-----------------------------------------<-------- LOOK
jpop has donated to the Pinside (2013-10-31)!
» jpop on the Pinside Map
COLLECTION
There are no games in jpop’s collection.
Profile page Forum activity Send PM
Magic Girl™ is moving along nicely, but lot's of work. Of course any folks that have ideas on to reduce the cost (we would like lower prices too) and still be made here in the USA...please contact me. It's a tall order unless we goto the PRC for parts. Yikes!
Jpop

JPop's from the future?

#12291 4 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

This speaks for itself, lol

yea this thread went Plaid a long time ago! Give me some paw!!

#12292 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

JPop's from the future?

That might explain some things...

#12293 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

JPop's from the future?

Future.jpg

#12294 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

The irony was palpable
image.jpg image.jpg

aftermarket translite anyone??

#12295 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Geez Honch - Bill is a good guy. He has a good reputation. Pinside has become RGP. Most of these posts are negative. Ive only counted about 3 of the last 100, that at most said, hey we might have a shot lets see what unfolds until June 30.

The ponzi scheme theory is BS. That's the truth.
A ponzi scheme takes new investments and promises a bigger return that is possible - you all a promised the the same return - a game - no more, no less.

I just posed the question. It's out there, so I figured he should answer it. I look forward to seeing if Bill can make it happen. I'd just take a "buyers beware" attitude(not that they wouldn't at this point).

#12296 4 years ago

Yea something is funky with the site.

#12297 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There are two things that must happen.

1.) People get games.
2.) People get refunds.

If 1 and 2 do not happen, 3 must happen:

3.) John Popadiuk must be destroyed (in court)

Well put. You're always on point.

#12298 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What pin made in the past 10 years does not fall short in ATLEAST 1 of those categories?

Why WoZ of course. It's the best built, highest quality pin ever.

#12299 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Awesome!!!

#12300 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Why WoZ of course. It's the best built, highest quality pin ever.

Metallica. Music, art, great rules. Totally bad ass!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside