(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 487.
#12101 4 years ago

"Hey, this new option is a super-long-shot but MAYBE it will payoff"
"IF we go home now, we might just get pennies on the dollar, but maybe, just maybe, if we hang on there's a chance"
"at this point, what do we have to lose"
"who cares if the finance persons background is filled with fraud, THIS TIME, it will be better"

As an outside observer, you could seemingly lift many of these wishful comments right out a compulsive gambling recovery meeting.

This concept that - even though ALL logical evidence leads to failure - just ONE MORE bet might turn it all around - is sad....

zidware.jpg

#12102 4 years ago

If John collected south of a million then it's actually pretty feasible he really did burn it all up on salaries, parts, contractors, rent, etc. 300k a year is nothing.

I've heard numbers on Predator and they too collected a lot less than people think.

Bill needs to cost reduce this game so the amount that needs to be collected for completion can be lower. Not just parts, but complexity of assembly which looks to be a nightmare from a casual glance.

Nothing they could put in this game would make it actually worth 16k. The value now is how badly people want to see the project completed.

#12103 4 years ago

Again Ben very astute. We are working with those who can help do exactly what you are saying reducing the complexity and "labor" it takes to make one of these. The goal was to bring MG out to purchasers at a lower or around equal price point to WOZ or TBL.

#12104 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

The large $ are think were spent on prototype parts - ie. machine this mech and lets see how it works, redraw, remake, try again - almost every part on this game, from side rails to apron to the spikey bolts were custom made, likely at larger costs that you realize. Spooky is standard parts, except for a few specific 3d stuff (Ghost, upper lanes, a few brackets underneath PF) and the powder coat ramps. Most all else was not in need of parts drawings, protos, or re-protos for tweaks. I think most of the time and $ were put into design, drawings and custom part making.

Exactly right. There was so much custom stuff designed and made. Every bit of it costing money and time.

I know I pleaded with John to use as much OTS (off-the-shelf) parts as possible, but that was pretty much ignored.

#12105 4 years ago

it would be easy to spend $900k on prototyping if you had every piece of stainless custom made to size, strength and specs - and certainly took more that one try per part. I understand everything from cabinet to BG size is different than any past pin. I cannot recall, but some of the vendor posts said they were being paid up until late 2014?? Which would mean at least some $ went vendors and contractors before 2015?
There is a lot of money that was spent on design and prototyping parts that was spent, but did not result in 10 final parts sitting on a shelf. There is still more $ sitting in playfields, and working mechs on a least a few games.
But its a big chunk of $ in parts, prototypes, spent with fabricators - there is probably nothing in the bank account, but there was a lot of money spent b/c it was nearly ALL custom parts. I could easily see $12k in BoM on this game if you design a custom part and only hand-make 19 of them.

Ask Terry how much just a tool/bender/custom fabrication unit is for a part. Lets say a lockdown bar tool/fabrication setup costs $10,000. At $100 retail, you need to sell 100 units just to break even on the fixed costs. Say there is $50 material and $25 in labor in each unit. $at 25 gross margin, you need 400 units to cover variable and fixed cost just to break even. And only then do you make $25 in profit starting at unit 401.

Zidware Jpop designs the same part at $10000 plus $75 to make each unit and makes 20 of them. thats $500 fixed cost + $75 variable cost PER part. $575 for the custom, $100 for the standard.

It would only take 100 parts at $10k design/proto and final tooling to add up to get to $100,000 in cost. If its 200 parts and it takes 5 tries at $10k each thats a million. And you still only have 200 custom parts. The you need software, boards (all custom from what I know), playfield printing, art iterations with Jeremy, plus you'd need to add on assembly labor.
I can easily see $1000,000 gone without having more than a few games, and lots of tooling for the custom parts. BUT thats just the "get all done for planning out the design and parts". So where's the cash to actually pay labor and the factory and the actual parts made from the prototyping.

Enter Pintasia - they buy the license rights to all the tooling and the art. That's IP, not much actual hardware parts in hand, so I would say its likely the assets cant be turning into cash unless you spend the next $100k putting the game together, and maybe finish proto on 5 or 6 remaining parts.

Bill takes it to NW - if reception is good, he adds another couple $100k to risk building and getting the rest of $ or new orders to make & deliver all the games orders - or make as many as folks signed up for in the June 30 agreement, and refund those that decided to not sign up by June 30.

If Pintasia goes to NW and reception is bad - walk away, lose his game and the $100k - he is willing to toss that as "at least I tried", but I can afford to lose it all, but if it works, we might not lose money (I don't think he's going to make any, even if the all 125 pre-orders either get games or a combo of games delivered and refunds. WHat the June 30 deadline letter says is No refunds guaranteed, but Bill has said in this god-awful long thread, that his plan is make all 125 folks whole - you have to take his work for that, as I don't see that in the Pintasia offer letter.

Or if you don't sign or Pintasia gives it a go but decides to drop it due to lack of participation - good luck in suing Zidware or John - you can fight over the tooling and Cad drawings - there isn't any $.

#12106 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

"Hey, this new option is a super-long-shot but MAYBE it will payoff"
"IF we go home now, we might just get pennies on the dollar, but maybe, just maybe, if we hang on there's a chance"
"at this point, what do we have to lose"
"who cares if the finance persons background is filled with fraud, THIS TIME, it will be better"
As an outside observer, you could seemingly lift many of these wishful comments right out a compulsive gambling recovery meeting.
This concept that - even though ALL logical evidence leads to failure - just ONE MORE bet might turn it all around - is sad....
zidware.jpg

I'm not gonna lie - my whole takeaway on your post was "lowepg's been to compulsive gambler meetings?" I bet you a dollar you're going to regret admitting that.

#12107 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If John collected south of a million then it's actually pretty feasible he really did burn it all up on salaries, parts, contractors, rent, etc. 300k a year is nothing.
I've heard numbers on Predator and they too collected a lot less than people think.
Bill needs to cost reduce this game so the amount that needs to be collected for completion can be lower. Not just parts, but complexity of assembly which looks to be a nightmare from a casual glance.
Nothing they could put in this game would make it actually worth 16k. The value now is how badly people want to see the project completed.

John negotiated a very lucrative contract for himself while he was at wms according to people who were in the know. It's not inconceivable that he easily blew 250k a year to himself in salary. Factor in building and misc expenses and *poof*, it's all gone.

#12108 4 years ago

I'm curious, to those that have seen it - Is there much compelling reason to have such a deep/custom playfield and cabinet? It seems to me from the little I've seen that the game could have been engineered for regular depth. Some changes obviously, but for the costs of going "custom everything", there doesn't seem to be that much added to the game? A curly ramp and a mini playfield? Both I'm sure could be modified to fit a regular game.

#12109 4 years ago

I haven't been here long, but wcbrandes posts have always seemed sincere and not derogatory or condescending. He's been here for three years so it's obvious he loves pinball.
I really don't think he's trying to rip anybody off. After reading most of this thread, I think he's actually trying to help. Sure, it could be read one way as trying to make some cash off the backs (or out of the wallets) of others, but I doubt the return would be worth the effort. If it were me, I wouldn't sign the 'do not sue' contract, but I'd wait until Pintasia asks for money.

#12110 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

REALITY IS JPOP STILL HAS YOUR MONEY.
It is NOT all gone. Add it up and atleast 25-50% remains. He has lied to you for years so why do you think he is telling you the truth now.
If the money is all gone then he has been funneling to his owne personal accounts and this is not legal.

..and speaking of making accusations and claiming them as fact...

#12111 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Exactly, and I said as much in the Vonnie D thread. I mean, Vonnie D dabbled in synthetic narcotics and is facing a 20 year stay in the Big House but what does all that have to do with building pinballs? Nothing. And Vonnie D is the best chance we have of seeing Pinball Gremlins get made. I just wish people would listen to what Vonnie has to say and stop all the negativity. What he did in the past has nothing to do with the present.

You got to be kidding, right?

#12112 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Bill, Maybe I missed it, but you can't tell folks the details of the agreement w/ John because you signed an NDA that those details wouldn't be made public?

My guess is that Bill does not want everyone to know how much he paid Jpop for the license. Hearing that Jpop got a big $$ payout, while simultaneously announcing 'the games won't get made' won't sit well with most.

#12113 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Chris, how much input did John have on those rotating flasher lights, and the pop bumper lights with the under lighting?
Just asking, because he implied he co-created them with you? Well, not implied, said exactly that:
"The Spinz® Flasher was created by myself and Chris from Cointaker."
Just wondering if that was true.

This is actually kind of funny. The last thing I was laying out, before I threw in the towel, were LED boards for pop bumpers. He specifically said that he wanted to be sure no one saw them until the game was released. Otherwise, "If it got out, Cointaker would have them up on their web site six months before the game came out and they wouldn't be special." Saying that Chris would steal his ideas if he could.

Quoted from frolic:

Based on what I've been told, John was "frugal" with everyone (before they stopped getting paid completely), which makes burning through the cash that much more confusing.

Well, there were ways he was frugal and ways he'd blow a lot of money for confusing reasons. For board runs he'd want to do full production runs on boards that were just ideas he was playing with. I'd say, "John, what I'd normally do is design the product then have a company like OSHPark make the prototype boards for like $5 - $10. Once I'm sure it's right, it fits, and works as I want it to, I send it to have the production run made."

He'd say, "No. I want to get exactly what's going into the game. They did that at Williams. It really makes you double and triple check your work so you get it done right the first time."

So he'd want to do a $300 - $500 board run first.

It seemed irresponsible, and that was on one little board in the game. I don't know if others have similar stories.

My NDA is long since expired. But I don't know if it's cool to share any stuff I have. Jpop could be looking for anyone to blame at this point and who knows who he might sue to transfer the heat onto someone else.

#12114 4 years ago

I would say your action at this point come down to whom do you trust and believe less?

Jpop or Pintasia...

Also, it should focus around 1 question >> Do you think all the jpop money is really gone?
If you genuinely think it is gone then you may think you have no finacial reason to spend $500 more and send Jpop into bankruptcy. Still other good reasons to make Jpop pay dearly for his lies and actions.

I think it is obvious that not all the money is gone. Jpop still has a full shop as of a few days ago. This is filled with tons of equipment, prototypes, and sellable IP. Jpop has poor accounting and likely has personal accounts that were tied to zidware accounts. This opens up all his personal assets to liquidation. There is money to be had but currently you have a new secured debtor that will be rushing to the front of the line to get paid when the project completely fails (which is inevitable given the circumstances and the math) and that new debtor os blowing through cash like it is going out of style.

#12115 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems like this lawyer is offering a good low cost option. $500 and only 25% of what they secure.

From my personal experience the lawyer is not the best option for this $500. You'll get no happy ending with the lawyer.

#12116 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Based on what I've been told, John was "frugal" with everyone (before they stopped getting paid completely), which makes burning through the cash that much more confusing.

You can be frugal with people that are happy to see new business... you can't dictate the same way with things like

- utility companies
- lawyers
- landlords
- the postman
- etc

The guy is used to being paid well... living in an expensive part of the country... apparently needed to hire people to do much of the heavy lifting... had to pay rent, utilities, taxes.. and was paranoid legally... which means lots of lawyer time.

Between just the basics of
- paying himself (anything less than 100-150k would be shocking IMO)
- paying for his expenses (cell phones, travel, internet, etc)
- paying rent
- paying utilities
- paying taxes/fees
- paying vendors even for only part of the time

Things add up quick.

I find it funny how many people would be quick to say something is a 'business expense' when managing their own liabilities... yet when a startup collapses they are like 'where did it all go???'

#12117 4 years ago

Another question nobody has asked:

Of the list of "Cars a pin can fit inside" how many get scratched off that list with this tall cabinet?

My guess is a lot, since it's the folded down height that is the killer.

#12118 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Of the list of "Cars a pin can fit inside" how many get scratched off that list with this tall cabinet?

Which means some doors might not be compatible in your house... time to renovate.

#12119 4 years ago

Ha!? Ben is right! the cabinet does not fit a regular station wagon! lol!!

#12120 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

The large $ are think were spent on prototype parts - ie. machine this mech and lets see how it works, redraw, remake, try again - almost every part on this game, from side rails to apron to the spikey bolts were custom made, likely at larger costs that you realize. Spooky is standard parts, except for a few specific 3d stuff (Ghost, upper lanes, a few brackets underneath PF) and the powder coat ramps. Most all else was not in need of parts drawings, protos, or re-protos for tweaks. I think most of the time and $ were put into design, drawings and custom part making.

That's the problem, John was going at this like it was the Space Shuttle with no limit to what parts or design could cost. Also, as I said, this was a contract for a service, not to pay John any salary, that's funny.

Of course that's water under the bridge at this point. John is a bad businessman so he gets to walk with all you guys money.

I think it's worth a try to see if the new restructuring plan would work, but I'm very skeptical that it will amount to anything.

#12121 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

NDA: No Delivery Agreement.

#12122 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think it's worth a try to see if the new restructuring plan would work, but I'm very skeptical that it will amount to anything.

I am pretty confident it will amount to 3 completed machines. There is like a 90% chance of that. Anybody who thinks they are getting one of them without forking over a ton of money is in dreamland.

#12123 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

whom do you trust and believe

No one

#12124 4 years ago

I'll quote Shakespeare 'MacBeth' (which is tragedy just like Jpop):

"There's daggers in men's smiles"

"All the perfume in Arabia will not sweeten this little hand"

"What's done is done"

"(Life) it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

#12125 4 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

My guess is that Bill does not want everyone to know how much he paid Jpop for the license. Hearing that Jpop got a big $$ payout, while simultaneously announcing 'the games won't get made' won't sit well with most.

Yea, unless he is legally bound for some reason to keep the details of the deal confidential i think those beans should be spilled. It would build a foundation of trust & transparency.

#12126 4 years ago

Whoever gets one of the machines is going to have a lemon though, any time a part breaks you will have to get it custom made. No support. Nothing. It'll basically be a show piece so the president has a game to play when he comes to visit.

#12127 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

It'll basically be a show piece so the president has a game to play when he comes to visit.

*Prime Minister

#12128 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Even severly over inflating cost guestimates.
Total cash brought in >> 1.2 to 1.6million

A pretty 'optimistic' number. <15 MGs.. so maybe 240k there. The RAZA people are in for much less per game.. many with just partial payments. And the body count is about what.. 200? even if you assume 5k average, that is only 1 mil. So the intake is more likely at the low end of your scale.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Rent for shop (has he been there for 4 years?) 4k per month = 200k in rent
Shop Equipment (assume purchased from the videos we saw) = 60-100k
Payments to some vendors for limited total parts (what are we talking 3-5 total prototypes) 60k
Payments to coder, artists, sound guy, etc (from what we know this was limited) 100k
Salary for Jon (should have been zero, but with the size of his ego) 100k per year = 400k
Absolute worst case he still has 300k in the bank.
He still has all of the shop equipment which has retained most of its value.

Really? Used equipment is mostly the same as new?
Your estimates for contractors is probably incredibly low. Let's take jim for instance.. he obviously was billing a signifigant portion if just 3months money going away was enough to put him in financial straights. So not trivial sums.. and that's just ONE guy.. who was also paid for 21months prior. Jim hasn't given us any numbers.. but let's play ultra conservative. Let's say he was billing 2k a month.. that's over 40k spent for the time period Jpop WAS paying his bills. That's 40% of your estimate in just ONE guy and there were many.
You also left out major buckets like his lawyer, his accountant, etc.

Quoted from Whysnow:

He would have a very difficult time justifying a 100k salary given the comparables of other well known designers.

Based on what? Are those other guys also the executives of their company too? You're in fantasy land if you think a court would agree the guy can't pay himself and pay himself a wage comparable to company execs and an elite job field. Successful startups don't pay people prevailing wages because they know they want to preserve the money - that doesn't make it illegal to not do that.

#12129 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

IF it gets made all of that has to change.

No custom hinges,all of that goes if the BOM is gonna work.

Bill alluded to that in one of his French Canadian/Nigerian posts.

#12130 4 years ago

where is john's facebook page?

#12131 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm curious, to those that have seen it - Is there much compelling reason to have such a deep/custom playfield and cabinet? It seems to me from the little I've seen that the game could have been engineered for regular depth. Some changes obviously, but for the costs of going "custom everything", there doesn't seem to be that much added to the game? A curly ramp and a mini playfield? Both I'm sure could be modified to fit a regular game.

You could probably lower the pivot point to get the height, you might then need extra long legs to get the necessary slope. I did this on one of my games, and Stern has done it (you will see Pinball life carries two different versions of the bracket that mounts to the playfield). John would likely need to go even lower, which means it would probably need legs longer then standard, put making those would probably be a hell of lot more economical then a totally new cabinet design, glass, etc. Hard to know without seeing how tall that spiral thing really is. But the real question is, was that feature worth all of the extra engineering and cost, but then again . . .

spared no expense.png

#12132 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

He has no friends so he doesn't need one.

#12133 4 years ago

Friend of mine put in $500 as a deposit nearly 4 years ago for position #X in the list of original 13 Magic Girl machines promised. Was told by John Pop that in short order the 'paper work package' was forthcoming and the position was secured. However, JP nearly immediately (within hours or a day) asked if more machines were to be made (a new number of 19 was tossed out, and then again 25) would the $17,000 dollar price tag for the game be OK.

John Pop knew before or shortly after making this initial offer the numbers didn't add up. Anyone with any common sense or ability to discern truth from lies did as well.

The paper work package never did show up, and neither did much else (emails often going unanswered, his 'answers' to questions which had never been asked, reasonable conversations not materializing, details of any kind or even NDAs to look over and sign) during the 3 weeks from where $500 was paid and ultimately a refund from demands to him for the money back. It didn't pass the stink test at all then, and its rather shocking how many folks bought into his growing level of BS during the next four years. There was a reason while designers were being snatched up that Stern, JJP didn't hire him. The industry knew of JPop being nothing more than a prima donna dreamer, not an implementer.

When I met JPop in person in the Fall of 2011 it was clearly apparent a flunky group of folks floated around John Pop trying to maintain a cult of personality. My friend had made the right decision, too bad so many didn't understand what was being presented to the public was an attract mode to a game which ultimately takes more than just your lunch money.

I laughed when Ben signed up, even with the understanding of his habitual drinking. BH did parlay his involvement into games that had a bit more than dead shots found in Lost, so well done.

Hopes and dreams do not make games magically appear. Grit, determination, business acumen, connections, favors, smiles, work ethic, accountability, distribution, design, testing, networks, experience, smarts, luck along with many other things come into play when making games actually appear.

GLWTS

#12134 4 years ago

I'm baffled why people (apparently) were paid in ful for any of these games.

#12135 4 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

I haven't been here long, but wcbrandes posts have always seemed sincere and not derogatory or condescending. He's been here for three years so it's obvious he loves pinball.
I really don't think he's trying to rip anybody off. After reading most of this thread, I think he's actually trying to help. Sure, it could be read one way as trying to make some cash off the backs (or out of the wallets) of others, but I doubt the return would be worth the effort. If it were me, I wouldn't sign the 'do not sue' contract, but I'd wait until Pintasia asks for money.

This is my issue- the choice is either sign this prohibitive agreement or lose all your money and get nothing. If I take the decision not to sign such an agreement, and thus I've lost my money anyway post 30th June, then next step is to sue as there's nothing to lose.

Essentially, Pintasia has given me no other option. I'd possibly be willing to wait a while to see what happens, reserving my consumer legal rights, but oh know you only have until 1st June, now 30th June, or you lose. That is wholly unacceptable.

Having been through this debacle for 4 years, the last thing I'm going to do is sign another blasted legal agreement. I have a sense that Jpop demanded this 'do not sue' nonsense, as he does like his legal agreements. Sorry to say, John, this makes me more likely to sue you, not less. A 'significant number' of people already are, so it's going to happen anyway. Pragmatically, this makes the 'do not sue' clause pointless anyway.

#12136 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Useful information- thank you. That rules out the consumer complaint strategy IMO.
After a lot of thought and research, I've now decided to join the class action lawsuit against Zidware/Mr & Mrs Popadiuk. If you want to join it too, here are the details:
___
I am aware that the office of attorney Zane Smith has been contacted by a significant number of persons who have placed deposits or deposited monies with Zidware. His office is handling these claims on an individual basis but grouping them together in the lawsuit currently pending in Cook County Circuit Court in Chicago Illinois. They are taking these cases with a $500.00 nonrefundable retainer and a 25% contingency basis [i.e. you pay $500 only, and they take 25% of any judgments etc later].
Contact details:
Zane D. Smith
Zane D. Smith & Associates, Ltd.
415 N.LaSalle – Suite 501
Chicago, Illinois 60654
(312) 245-0031
(312) 245-0022 – Fax
zane@zanesmith.com
___
Go for it, guys! It may likely lead to nothing financially, but IMO it's the right thing to do, and the best of a lousy set of options for vaporware 'owners'. TBH I find it hard to believe that this is where the MG/RAZA 'journey' has ended, but it's the reality and we have to deal with it. Time for action.

I looked at the retainer agreement from Zane Smith & Assoc. that was sent to a friend.

My personal opinion is that this is a very reasonable fee structure that they came up with. The absolute worst case scenario if no money is ever collected, is that you are out $500.00. Many attorney's would only do this type of case on an hourly basis and bill around $300.00 per hour.

Not only that, the contingency part of the agreement is only 25%. Many attorney's would want at least 33 1/3%, and some as high as 40%.

#12137 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I am pretty confident it will amount to 3 completed machines. There is like a 90% chance of that. Anybody who thinks they are getting one of them without forking over a ton of money is in dreamland.

I think we can all make a good guess to where a few of those completed games will end up...

#12138 4 years ago

Jpop's retreat from the Internet does reinforce an 'End is Nigh' feeling, doesn't it?

#12139 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Jpop's retreat from the Internet does reinforce an 'End is Nigh' feeling, doesn't it?

much like, wheres he channelled the remaining/if any monies.

#12140 4 years ago

Ha!? Ben is right! the cabinet does not fit a regular station wagon! lol!!

Way down the list of issues for me... I have a pick up truck

#12141 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ben is right and he took in somewhere around the 925k mark. He has burned through this as far as I could tell but perhaps someone should hire, and fast, a forensic auditor to make sure where it all went. Shouldn't take the auditor very long at all to figure this out.

So John will voluntarily open his books up to one of the owner's forensic auditor's?

Or are you saying that you have his books and will make them available?

Otherwise, it ain't going to happen absent court intervention.

#12142 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

scrapped his website also

#12143 4 years ago

Don't have them Rob left with John, just poured through them to make quick (days) analysis. Don't want to have nor do you want to cross borders with those in tow. You are right they are shut down now I would guess

#12144 4 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

A point worth repeating.

#12145 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So John will voluntarily open his books up to one of the owner's forensic auditor's?

This is one of many reasons we need to sue. Even if I get nothing financially, I want to know, in detail, what happened, and whether Jpop committed any crimes. Book-keeping and tax offences alone can be very serious. Ask Al Capone, if he wasn't dead.

#12146 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just went through this.Court ordered full financial disclosure.In my case the other party had 30 days,or receive a fine,do it again jail time and fine.I would imagine any good lawyer could get around the jail time part but if they wanna see the books they will see the books.30 days gives the defendant time to cook the books to gain a more favorable outcome.

#12147 4 years ago

Just like the money... it's gone.

#12148 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

The you need software, boards (all custom from what I know), playfield printing, art iterations with Jeremy, plus you'd need to add on assembly labor.

Don't forget media assets for the game as well. Everyone tends to forget that a game with a LCD will need animation for it.

#12149 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

A point worth repeating.

Is Pintasia the (month-old) secured creditor who will now get first dibs on any Zidware assets (that are left after Pintasia has been spending them recently), leaving the unsecured creditors (us pre-order mugs) with nothing?

I hope this isn't true, but if it is, it's nothing short of a corporate raiding party!

And with Bill's co-director being allegedly a known fraudster (although I stand to be corrected), this really doesn't bode well.

Major caveat is that I'm basing the above comments on what has been reported in this thread!

#12150 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

A point worth repeating.

No money was given to John are you nuts. It's MY money why would I want to piss more away. The outline was given on the owners thread they can divulge if they like. It basically was just enough to keep lights on and get the information needed into the machines....nut shell

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside